The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalistRiley View Post
Can't wait for another royal wedding. Such a pity it probably won't be televised in Australia
I hope that this wedding will be broadcast by Spanish Television =D

Regards!

Old 05-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Aristocracy

Will Victoria's attorney(s) present Daniel with a Prenuptial agreement? Or is it to early?

Old 06-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by California View Post
Will Victoria's attorney(s) present Daniel with a Prenuptial agreement? Or is it to early?
Quite unlikely, one would have thought.

They are really not very popular outside the US, and certainly have no validity under English law, and that is, IMO, before you get to the debate about whether they might be appropriate!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
No doubt there will be a pre-nup. It is common in Sweden among the wealthy to have. Especially for the future queen it is very important to be protected in case of a divorce. Not long ago there were several discussions on the danish board about Frederiks and Mary's pre-nup.

They are however not enforceable in England and Wales as the previous poster pointed out.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Majesty

how close are victoria today with daniel C
do you think he will be at the wedding

i have a wedding gift suggestion for her dukedome Västergötland to buy
a tiara/diadem that would later be called the duchess of Västergötland tiara and only the duchess of such dukedom can use it.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieviews View Post
For the last time, could all the naysayers stop referring to Daniel Westling as the "personal trainer" or the "fitness instructor." It's like they are holding their noses and saying "gadzooks our esteemed Crown Princess is marrying "that gym person." Well, "that gym person" is a gentlemen who has brought more happiness to CP Victoria than all the doubters and snobs put together. He has treated her like a rare jewel and has always been there for her. He does protect her. He has never, ever discussed her with reporters or gossip magazines. For seven years, he has been silent as a stone on the subject of their relationship. No scandal, no embarrassing moments, and except for a tax problem that wasn't, he has not put a foot wrong.

And for those who think he is "uneducated," I call your attention to the fact that he has parlayed one fitness club into a large business with five locations and an investment in Brazil. He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. He is a successful business man who has developed successful business connections. He appears to be well liked by the rest of the royal children and their significant others. He is loyal to his old friends and appreciated by his new ones. He seems to be very welcome wherever he goes.

Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.
I totally agree with you!

I wish CP Victoria and Mr Westling a happy weddingday and a happy and blessed life together.

When it comes to the wedding, I "see" CP Victoria in a white dress with long and classic lines. It would be nice with a neckline kind of like the one princess Laurentien had back in 2001. The dress has a train, of course, and her veil is from some thin fabric. I don't think of CP Victoria as having too much ruffles, embroidery or laces, but there might be some of it, but very toned down.

I can't wait to see her as a bride! I cannot wait to see the lovely couple!!

I wonder if she will wear the same tiara as her mother did? The "cameo" (or what it is called in English) I don't think that would be the nicest one for her though, but I think she might show up in it.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Så blir deras drömbröllop | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Information and guesses about the wedding and the guest list.

Exactly one year to wait!
Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

GB is also marking "one year before the wedding" and asked Roger Lundgren (editor in chief of QUEEN and blogger on TV4.se) and Catarina Hurtig (author on Royal books and freelancer) a few questions on the wedding
They answered quite realistic IMO

1.Who will get invited?
Victoria´s godparents Queen Beatrix and king Harald are for sure.
Same for the king´s sisters, their children and relatives from Germany. All of the same age group out of the Scandi houses and representatives out of other Royal houses.
Catarina Hurtig (CH) can also imagine Thailand´s Royal family and the emperor and empress of Japan
Further Tarja Halonen, members of the governments and official Sweden are to expect. Besides friends of V&D.
No ordinary ppl and neither, Wills, Harry and the British Queen

2. How many guests?
Storkyrkan (the cathedral) offers space for 1200 ppl. Besides it can get crowded at the dinner with so many guests.
Distant relatives and Daniel´s school buddies from Ockelbo would maybe sit and eat in an other room than the Royals.

3. Who will marry the couple
Archbishop Anders Wejryd

4. How many festivities to expect?
Festivities for 3 days. Starting at Thursday for the youngsters, both Royals and friends. Probably at Cafe Opera or Drottningholm. Invitation by V&D
On Friday Government and Parliament would invite for a big gala/performance at the Opera...or Stockholm´s city hall.
The wedding would be on Saturday, probably in the afternoon. A tour (carriage?) through Stholm would follow and hopefully a kiss on the balcony.
Later a dinner and ball at the castle would follow with the couple starting the dance.

5. The menue?
Swedish specialities, caviar (kalixlöjrom), salmon, seafood, venison, cheese from Ockelbo, something from Västergötland. For dessert fresh raspberries from Solliden.

6. How can those watch, who aren´t invited?
Via big screens in Sthlm, probably also Ockelbo. Both SVT and TV4 will broadcast live

7. Who will design V´s gown?
Clearly completely by a Swede and not Dior (like Mamma)
Per Engshäden is Roger´s hottest guess (since he had also designed the latest dresses for her), or Wallin. Göran Alfredsson is the favourite of CH.

8. Bridal bouquet?
Roses from Drottningholm or Solliden. Maybe heather from Västergötland

9. Daniel´s clothes?
If an afternoon wedding...white tie. No Armani, but done by Götrich (where also the king is getting his suits from) Probably the king would give Daniel the serafim order before the wedding.

10. Bachelorette party...organised by?
Victoria´s old friends from Enskilda gymnasiet, the two Carolines (Dinkelspiel and Kreuger-Nilsson), Andrea Engsäll, Martina Bonde. According to CH taking place in Paris or NYC

11. And the bachelor party?
Peder Dinkelspiel together with Daniel´s friends from Obo

12. Flower children and bridemaids?
Estelle de Geer (grandchild of Princess Desiree) will be flower child. Bridemaids: the two Carolines (who have a deal with Victoria since 100 years ago)

13. Wishes for gifts?
A wedding foundation...to give money instead of gifts. The foundation would be maybe about sports or donating (organs)

14. Honeymoon?
Brazil...where they would meet relatives (who couldn´t attend the wedding)
Or Kenya, where the RF has friends.

15. Move to Haga Castle, when?
The king would want them to marry first and it still needs time to change it from conference house to family home

16. First baby, when?
Within a year (both are thinking...)

17. Costs of the wedding and who will pay?
In Denmark it costed about 20-30 mio SEK and the taxpayers will pay

18. The wedding...meaning for Sweden?
Lots of blabla...PR and such...and if the crisis would be still current, it could push the self confidence of the Swedes (when Charles married Di it was the same and so GB came out of a crisis back then. Ehm, ja )

19. What titles for Daniel?
Prince and Duke of Västergötland

20. His job?
Passive role in his gyms. Main task is to support Victoria

21. Daniel´s Royal education?
Rumours say PR pros were involved, but the only one, who can really teach him the new life is Victoria. None is as good as her. Also Silvia will "drill" (their wording) her s-i-l

Allt inför den stora festen - Sverige - Göteborgs-Posten (with picture special)
Old 06-19-2009, 05:54 AM
Serene Highness

I can't wait for this wedding! it will be a huge event!!!

Only one year to go

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-19-2009, 05:59 AM
Heir Apparent

If you say 365 days it suddenly sounds a lot more ...
Old 06-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I guess that one of the flower girls will be a niece of Daniel.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Thumbs up Bacherlorette Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
Victoria´s old friends from Enskilda gymnasiet, the two Carolines (Dinkelspiel and Kreuger-Nilsson), Andrea Engsäll, Martina Bonde. According to CH taking place in Paris or NYC

NYC or Paris? Las Vegas has a lot more entertainment (strippers ) and things of that nature... it would be a lot more fun minus the adult entertainment is what I am saying.

*Not to offend anyone but I am just saying I don't know if Victoria is into male-exotic dancers...just a thought*
Old 06-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
NYC or Paris? Las Vegas has a lot more entertainment (strippers ) and things of that nature... it would be a lot more fun minus the adult entertainment is what I am saying.

*Not to offend anyone but I am just saying I don't know if Victoria is into male-exotic dancers...just a thought*
Well umm I hardly think we will be known to the goings on of Victorias bachelorette party.
I hope it would be in Paris, it's such a wonderful city.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I really hope Frida will attend the wedding.
as she's a friend of the Berndaottes it is likely, isn't it?
I hope the Princess Reuss will wear (something like) a tiara (which is unlikely I think... I don't even know if the Family owns a tiara...).

Old 06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Estelle de Geer (grandchild of Princess Desiree) will be flower child. Bridemaids: the two Carolines (who have a deal with Victoria since 100 years ago)
Two Carolines??
I was rather hoping Madeline would be Maid of Honor.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I really hope Frida will attend the wedding.
as she's a friend of the Berndaottes it is likely, isn't it?
I hope the Princess Reuss will wear (something like) a tiara (which is unlikely I think... I don't even know if the Family owns a tiara...).
Frida is a very close friend of Queen Silvia, so I guess she will attend the wedding...
Old 06-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Two Carolines??
I was rather hoping Madeline would be Maid of Honor.
Caroline Kreuger-Nilsson and Caroline Dinkelspiel (nee Svedin)
The first one is the daughter of Björn Kreuger, who was a close friend of the king and since she is only a few days older than Victoria, both girls spent a lot of time with each other.
The second one was Victoria´s best friend in her teenage years and also accompanied her to the US, when she was suffering from eating disorders.

Mags had several times written, that the 3 woman have a deal of being each other´s bridesmaids and Victoria was indeed bridesmaid at their weddings.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8574/ch03060740.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/986...82122429lo.jpg

Mary had 3 bridesmaids (2 sisters and a friend)...so Victoria could also have 3 (or even 4) and so maybe Madeleine would get chosen...after all she would be the only "unmarried" one and that´s usually the "pre-condition" for being bridesmaid...though it´s not handled very strictly these days
I am pretty sure Madeleine would get included somehow. Either reading a text or as bridesmaid...I am more wondering about Carl Philip...
Old 06-29-2009, 04:24 PM
Gentry

Okay...maybe its just me but I think a new tiara is in order. She waited so long to marry and I honestly think the cameo tiara is a classic piece but she deserves a new tiara. I hope her gown is Ivory, pouffy...Cinderella like. Long train, beautiful lace veil... I hope she has lots of bridesmaids. Choosing a very vibrate color since the wedding is in June. I really hope she picks pretty dresses for the bridesmaids. Recently the dresses for the attendents at heirs weddings have been ugly, Marys and Letizia were horrid.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Commoner

I'll be very interested to see the scale of this wedding. Of course, all royal weddings are rather large, but, seeing as Crown Princess Victoria seems to be more of a low key type, I get the feeling this wedding will be a bit less extravagant- classy, well executed, and beautiful, but far from ostentatious.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
GB is also marking "one year before the wedding" and asked Roger Lundgren (editor in chief of QUEEN and blogger on TV4.se) and Catarina Hurtig (author on Royal books and freelancer) a few questions on the wedding
They answered quite realistic IMO

1.Who will get invited?
Victoria´s godparents Queen Beatrix and king Harald are for sure.
Same for the king´s sisters, their children and relatives from Germany. All of the same age group out of the Scandi houses and representatives out of other Royal houses.
Catarina Hurtig (CH) can also imagine Thailand´s Royal family and the emperor and empress of Japan
Further Tarja Halonen, members of the governments and official Sweden are to expect. Besides friends of V&D.
No ordinary ppl and neither, Wills, Harry and the British Queen

2. How many guests?
Storkyrkan (the cathedral) offers space for 1200 ppl. Besides it can get crowded at the dinner with so many guests.
Distant relatives and Daniel´s school buddies from Ockelbo would maybe sit and eat in an other room than the Royals.

3. Who will marry the couple
Archbishop Anders Wejryd

4. How many festivities to expect?
Festivities for 3 days. Starting at Thursday for the youngsters, both Royals and friends. Probably at Cafe Opera or Drottningholm. Invitation by V&D
On Friday Government and Parliament would invite for a big gala/performance at the Opera...or Stockholm´s city hall.
The wedding would be on Saturday, probably in the afternoon. A tour (carriage?) through Stholm would follow and hopefully a kiss on the balcony.
Later a dinner and ball at the castle would follow with the couple starting the dance.

5. The menue?
Swedish specialities, caviar (kalixlöjrom), salmon, seafood, venison, cheese from Ockelbo, something from Västergötland. For dessert fresh raspberries from Solliden.

6. How can those watch, who aren´t invited?
Via big screens in Sthlm, probably also Ockelbo. Both SVT and TV4 will broadcast live

7. Who will design V´s gown?
Clearly completely by a Swede and not Dior (like Mamma)
Per Engshäden is Roger´s hottest guess (since he had also designed the latest dresses for her), or Wallin. Göran Alfredsson is the favourite of CH.

8. Bridal bouquet?
Roses from Drottningholm or Solliden. Maybe heather from Västergötland

9. Daniel´s clothes?
If an afternoon wedding...white tie. No Armani, but done by Götrich (where also the king is getting his suits from) Probably the king would give Daniel the serafim order before the wedding.

11. And the bachelor party?
Peder Dinkelspiel together with Daniel´s friends from Obo

13. Wishes for gifts?
A wedding foundation...to give money instead of gifts. The foundation would be maybe about sports or donating (organs)

14. Honeymoon?
Brazil...where they would meet relatives (who couldn´t attend the wedding)
Or Kenya, where the RF has friends.

15. Move to Haga Castle, when?
The king would want them to marry first and it still needs time to change it from conference house to family home

16. First baby, when?
Within a year (both are thinking...)

17. Costs of the wedding and who will pay?
In Denmark it costed about 20-30 mio SEK and the taxpayers will pay

18. The wedding...meaning for Sweden?
Lots of blabla...PR and such...and if the crisis would be still current, it could push the self confidence of the Swedes (when Charles married Di it was the same and so GB came out of a crisis back then. Ehm, ja )

19. What titles for Daniel?
Prince and Duke of Västergötland

20. His job?
Passive role in his gyms. Main task is to support Victoria

21. Daniel´s Royal education?
Rumours say PR pros were involved, but the only one, who can really teach him the new life is Victoria. None is as good as her. Also Silvia will "drill" (their wording) her s-i-l

Just expect tout Royal Europe present at this wedding,it will be like Alexander and Máxima's,Frederik and Mary's wedding Royal guests wise,everybody will be there.Plus ofcourse all their family and friends,government,Corps Diplomatique.

Oh,and about that nagging on who pays?The taxpayer ofcourse,silly question,BUT,the revenue will be many many times larger then the actual costs,all the taxes,and Sweden has a few......all the guests,the international press,the Royal watchers as well as halve of Sweden flocking there.Think revenue big time,no problem.Even at this moment ALL hotels in the vicinity of the Royal Palace are fully booked already,I couldn't get into the "Birger Jarl" anymore,booked,probably by the RF to house other guests,and so are many more completely booked already.Takes an awfull lot of preparing,but it reads like a script and everybody knows exactly what to do and where to go and when.A smooth affair,giant,it is the future Queen of Sweden's wedding after all,so it won't be toned down in any which way.

Anyone any guess on what she will wear as a wedding tiara?
Thought her mothers choice of the Camee tiara was a beautifull one,as long as Victoria doesn't choose the Jeep....

Pray for a sunny & festive day,and,maybe most important,I do hope that HRH Princess Lilian remains with us long enough to enjoy this all.