Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that one of the flower girls will be a niece of Daniel.

Bacherlorette Party

10. Bachelorette party...organised by?
Victoria´s old friends from Enskilda gymnasiet, the two Carolines (Dinkelspiel and Kreuger-Nilsson), Andrea Engsäll, Martina Bonde. According to CH taking place in Paris or NYC

Allt inför den stora festen - Sverige - Göteborgs-Posten (with picture special)

NYC or Paris? Las Vegas has a lot more entertainment (strippers :whistling:) and things of that nature... it would be a lot more fun minus the adult entertainment is what I am saying.

*Not to offend anyone but I am just saying I don't know if Victoria is into male-exotic dancers...just a thought*

NYC or Paris? Las Vegas has a lot more entertainment (strippers :whistling:) and things of that nature... it would be a lot more fun minus the adult entertainment is what I am saying.

*Not to offend anyone but I am just saying I don't know if Victoria is into male-exotic dancers...just a thought*

Well umm I hardly think we will be known to the goings on of Victorias bachelorette party.
I hope it would be in Paris, it's such a wonderful city. :flowers:

I really hope Frida will attend the wedding. :D
as she's a friend of the Berndaottes it is likely, isn't it?
I hope the Princess Reuss will wear (something like) a tiara (which is unlikely I think... I don't even know if the Family owns a tiara...;)).

12. Flower children and bridemaids?
Estelle de Geer (grandchild of Princess Desiree) will be flower child. Bridemaids: the two Carolines (who have a deal with Victoria since 100 years ago)

Two Carolines??
I was rather hoping Madeline would be Maid of Honor. :flowers:

I really hope Frida will attend the wedding. :D
as she's a friend of the Berndaottes it is likely, isn't it?
I hope the Princess Reuss will wear (something like) a tiara (which is unlikely I think... I don't even know if the Family owns a tiara...;)).
Frida is a very close friend of Queen Silvia, so I guess she will attend the wedding...

Two Carolines??
I was rather hoping Madeline would be Maid of Honor. :flowers:

Caroline Kreuger-Nilsson and Caroline Dinkelspiel (nee Svedin)
The first one is the daughter of Björn Kreuger, who was a close friend of the king and since she is only a few days older than Victoria, both girls spent a lot of time with each other.
The second one was Victoria´s best friend in her teenage years and also accompanied her to the US, when she was suffering from eating disorders.

Mags had several times written, that the 3 woman have a deal of being each other´s bridesmaids and Victoria was indeed bridesmaid at their weddings.
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8574/ch03060740.jpg
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9866/733865458682122429lo.jpg

Mary had 3 bridesmaids (2 sisters and a friend)...so Victoria could also have 3 (or even 4) and so maybe Madeleine would get chosen...after all she would be the only "unmarried" one and that´s usually the "pre-condition" for being bridesmaid...though it´s not handled very strictly these days ;)
I am pretty sure Madeleine would get included somehow. Either reading a text or as bridesmaid...I am more wondering about Carl Philip...

Okay...maybe its just me but I think a new tiara is in order. She waited so long to marry and I honestly think the cameo tiara is a classic piece but she deserves a new tiara. I hope her gown is Ivory, pouffy...Cinderella like. Long train, beautiful lace veil... I hope she has lots of bridesmaids. Choosing a very vibrate color since the wedding is in June. I really hope she picks pretty dresses for the bridesmaids. Recently the dresses for the attendents at heirs weddings have been ugly, Marys and Letizia were horrid.

I'll be very interested to see the scale of this wedding. Of course, all royal weddings are rather large, but, seeing as Crown Princess Victoria seems to be more of a low key type, I get the feeling this wedding will be a bit less extravagant- classy, well executed, and beautiful, but far from ostentatious.

GB is also marking "one year before the wedding" and asked Roger Lundgren (editor in chief of QUEEN and blogger on TV4.se) and Catarina Hurtig (author on Royal books and freelancer) a few questions on the wedding
They answered quite realistic IMO

1.Who will get invited?
Victoria´s godparents Queen Beatrix and king Harald are for sure.
Same for the king´s sisters, their children and relatives from Germany. All of the same age group out of the Scandi houses and representatives out of other Royal houses.
Catarina Hurtig (CH) can also imagine Thailand´s Royal family and the emperor and empress of Japan
Further Tarja Halonen, members of the governments and official Sweden are to expect. Besides friends of V&D.
No ordinary ppl and neither, Wills, Harry and the British Queen

2. How many guests?
Storkyrkan (the cathedral) offers space for 1200 ppl. Besides it can get crowded at the dinner with so many guests.
Distant relatives and Daniel´s school buddies from Ockelbo would maybe sit and eat in an other room than the Royals.

3. Who will marry the couple
Archbishop Anders Wejryd

4. How many festivities to expect?
Festivities for 3 days. Starting at Thursday for the youngsters, both Royals and friends. Probably at Cafe Opera or Drottningholm. Invitation by V&D
On Friday Government and Parliament would invite for a big gala/performance at the Opera...or Stockholm´s city hall.
The wedding would be on Saturday, probably in the afternoon. A tour (carriage?) through Stholm would follow and hopefully a kiss on the balcony.
Later a dinner and ball at the castle would follow with the couple starting the dance.

5. The menue?
Swedish specialities, caviar (kalixlöjrom), salmon, seafood, venison, cheese from Ockelbo, something from Västergötland. For dessert fresh raspberries from Solliden.

6. How can those watch, who aren´t invited?
Via big screens in Sthlm, probably also Ockelbo. Both SVT and TV4 will broadcast live

7. Who will design V´s gown?
Clearly completely by a Swede and not Dior (like Mamma)
Per Engshäden is Roger´s hottest guess (since he had also designed the latest dresses for her), or Wallin. Göran Alfredsson is the favourite of CH.

8. Bridal bouquet?
Roses from Drottningholm or Solliden. Maybe heather from Västergötland

9. Daniel´s clothes?
If an afternoon wedding...white tie. No Armani, but done by Götrich (where also the king is getting his suits from) Probably the king would give Daniel the serafim order before the wedding.

10. Bachelorette party...organised by?
Victoria´s old friends from Enskilda gymnasiet, the two Carolines (Dinkelspiel and Kreuger-Nilsson), Andrea Engsäll, Martina Bonde. According to CH taking place in Paris or NYC

11. And the bachelor party?
Peder Dinkelspiel together with Daniel´s friends from Obo

12. Flower children and bridemaids?
Estelle de Geer (grandchild of Princess Desiree) will be flower child. Bridemaids: the two Carolines (who have a deal with Victoria since 100 years ago)

13. Wishes for gifts?
A wedding foundation...to give money instead of gifts. The foundation would be maybe about sports or donating (organs)

14. Honeymoon?
Brazil...where they would meet relatives (who couldn´t attend the wedding)
Or Kenya, where the RF has friends.

15. Move to Haga Castle, when?
The king would want them to marry first and it still needs time to change it from conference house to family home

16. First baby, when?
Within a year (both are thinking...)

17. Costs of the wedding and who will pay?
In Denmark it costed about 20-30 mio SEK and the taxpayers will pay

18. The wedding...meaning for Sweden?
Lots of blabla...PR and such...and if the crisis would be still current, it could push the self confidence of the Swedes (when Charles married Di it was the same and so GB came out of a crisis back then. Ehm, ja )

19. What titles for Daniel?
Prince and Duke of Västergötland

20. His job?
Passive role in his gyms. Main task is to support Victoria

21. Daniel´s Royal education?
Rumours say PR pros were involved, but the only one, who can really teach him the new life is Victoria. None is as good as her. Also Silvia will "drill" (their wording) her s-i-l

Allt inför den stora festen - Sverige - Göteborgs-Posten (with picture special)

Just expect tout Royal Europe present at this wedding,it will be like Alexander and Máxima's,Frederik and Mary's wedding Royal guests wise,everybody will be there.Plus ofcourse all their family and friends,government,Corps Diplomatique.

Oh,and about that nagging on who pays?The taxpayer ofcourse,silly question,BUT,the revenue will be many many times larger then the actual costs,all the taxes,and Sweden has a few...:rolleyes:...all the guests,the international press,the Royal watchers as well as halve of Sweden flocking there.Think revenue big time,no problem.Even at this moment ALL hotels in the vicinity of the Royal Palace are fully booked already,I couldn't get into the "Birger Jarl" anymore,booked,probably by the RF to house other guests,and so are many more completely booked already.Takes an awfull lot of preparing,but it reads like a script and everybody knows exactly what to do and where to go and when.A smooth affair,giant,it is the future Queen of Sweden's wedding after all,so it won't be toned down in any which way.

Anyone any guess on what she will wear as a wedding tiara?
Thought her mothers choice of the Camee tiara was a beautifull one,as long as Victoria doesn't choose the Jeep....:whistling:

Pray for a sunny & festive day,and,maybe most important,I do hope that HRH Princess Lilian remains with us long enough to enjoy this all.

Last edited:
This may be a very trivial comment but I would love to see Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Prince Christian in the wedding party. Crown Princess Victoria seems to be close to Haakon and Frederik and I'm sure over her long courtship Daniel has gotten to know them too. And they are two of her godchildren after all

I hope we'll see little European royals as flower girls or bride's maids!Whatever the CP couple chooses to do,I'm sure it's gonna be the royal wedding of the decade!

I thought that I had read somewhere that Prince Christian was going to be in the wedding party. I can't remember where, but it was in a Danish magazine or website. Has she announced the names of the children in the party yet?

It would be adorable if her royal godchildren were bridesmaids and pages! That would include, I think, Prince Christian of Denmark, Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Princess Catharina-Amalia of The Netherlands, and Prince Constantine of Greece. (Princess Eleanore of Belgium, I imagine, would still be too small.)

I am pretty sure, we wouldn´t get to know about the flower children until june 19th...or at least june 17th or 18th...if they would do a rehearsal for the big day.
...just as we probably won´t get many other informations until June 2009.

And why all this secrecy?It's gonna be an open wedding after all,so why not providing information earlier?

Unfortunately, the Swedish Royal press & information department under Nina Eldh is neither reliable nor very efficient, nor very willing to provide information in general.
Eleven months in advance I would actually find unreasonably early, though.

I'm sure they haven't decided about most of the things yet.I'm saying that I wouldn't like to hear basic info about their wedding in May or early June,for example.Or a week before,as some members suggested above.Really cruel!lol

Well, the very basics...exact time of the wedding...and if there would be a concert the evening before, meeting with the government, party for the "young" Royals, name of the bishop and reverends marrying them etc. we will get to know latest in early spring, I´d say.

The guest list...3 days - 10 weeks before

But the names of the bridesmaids, flower children, who would read in church, who would design the dress, the menu at the wedding dinner, the tiara the bride would wear...that´s top secret...until mid June...it always had been like that (other CP weddings) and I find it a lot more exciting than revealing everything in advance...

I agree, Lena, it helps to add to the anticipation. And it gives us plenty of time to speculate! :)

eek so exciting will Daniel wear a Uniform

Did he was in army?:ermm: to wear uniform
Why not a white-tie?

O Yes thats probably more likely wonder if the Princesses will be each others Maids of Honor?

I doubt that,Royal Fan.I can't imagine the CP-and note this,she will be a married woman at her sister's wedding-taking care of Madeleine's dress or train,for example.I'm sure CP Victoria will take her seat next to the royal couple and her new husband.And I don't think Madeleine will be Victoria's Maid of Honor either.

I think it is quite possible that Madeleine could be one of Victoria's bridesmaids, but when it comes to Madeleine's own wedding, I think Victoria is more likely to give a reading than be her Matron/Maid of Honour. Having said that, they've surprised us all with two engagement announces so anything is now possible!

There is no Tradition of giving the bride away in Sweden. Most likely she walk down the aisle with Daniel. Also the King and Queen walked down the aisle together and Silvia was not given away by her father.
Well perhaps the fact that Silvia was a commoner led to that decision!
Victoria is a future monarch and apart from that I really want to see King Carl-Gustaf walk his daughter down the aisle! A really father-daughter thing to do! :flowers:

Father giving the birde away though tradition sends the wrong kind of message for the first woman who will be soverign despite the presence of a fully capable brother.
I didn't really understand what you mean here! I am sorry! Can you explain it to me? Or someone else, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is correct, and I really hope they wont break the Swedish tradition: the bride and the groom walking together.
Two grown up people who made a common decision to get married, walking together into the church to make their promises in front of God and all the guests...sooooo beautiful and right! :flowers:

When I got married it was no discussion at all about this. I would never ever let my father give me away like something he owned to another man to own. Im not a THING, but a human being, grown up woman... big no no no! (I was 29 -Victoria is going to be 33, 15 years since she turned 18...) ... And to walk into the church on my wedding day together w another man than my husband to be :eek: no way! :eek:
Me and my husband was walking togheter ( bride to the left when you walk in, and to the right when you walk out). This is the Swedish way and tradition.
But I know, some wedding couples in Sweden want the old father to handle over the bride... they have seen movies from USA and GB and other europe and think thats the way to do it, but its totally against the tradition in Sweden. I dont like it. I will be VERY disapointed if Victoria is given away (just listen to how it sounds -given away) by the King...Victoria and Daniel are toghether into this, lets hope they walk together into the church!:king::queen4:
Hey, hey calm down a bit! I am Greek and I believe it is the most wonderful thing that a bride is given away to her future husband by her father! That doesn't imply that you are a ''thing'' and they just ''pass'' you to an other person! :nonono:

Up until you get married, you lead a life of your own! You have your family, your friends, your boyfriend and so on! You father has been the most important man in your life! For me walking down the aisle with you father represents leaving your ''previous'' life back and getting to ''live'' a brand new start with the man you want to spend the rest of your life with!

You get to have a family of your own together with your husband! A new family! You two alone! Waiting for offspring to come and make your family bigger!

And that's what the change of the family name also represented in the past and represents today! Many women get to change their family name after the wedding or add their husband's family name next to their family name! I don't judge that!

I have read somewhere that the only person that it's not so ok to walk you down the aisle is the father of the groom! Because he is the one that somehow ''welcomes'' you into his family! :flowers:

That sounded too romantic right! I am not so romantic, it's just what I believe!

And this is only what happens in my country, Greece as well as in many other European countries! It's a tradition here and I don't know what the wedding traditions of Sweden are so if the bride and the groom walk down the aisle together they should stick to that, and don't change it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom