Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we'll notice. It was worth a shot. :p. In any case, has Victoria picked a designer yet?

I know this is a big event, but do you think the RF will recycle some of their evening gowns for the occasion? It would be a lovely sign that they're not spending while others are suffering, and it would also be nice to see some of those pieces, again.

Don't think so. For major occasions like this they get nmost of the time new gowns. But perhaps the could recycle more this year and the first months of next year.

I would like to think that the Queen and Princess Madeleine would get new gowns (provided it's an afternoon wedding) for V's wedding, considering she's their daughter/sister and the heir. I would also assume that the majority of the royals attending would also have new gowns for the occassion, as for all the previous heir weddings the majority of the outfits were new.

The Ball at the King's 60th birthday was in the White See Ballroom so probably big enough.

I hope for a afternoon with ball afterward but i think in this case the ball will be at the Royal Palace and not at Drottningholm. And the evening before a Gala at the Royal Oper like in 1976.

is there any good photos from the inside of the vita havet?

has Victoria picked a designer yet?
We don´t know that - and we won´t know for sure until we see Victoria arriving for the wedding - that´s usually when the courts tell us such information

I am curious about her veil. I wonder if she will wear an heirloom, or have a veil made for her.

I think Carl Philip will be a part of the grafic design for exampel Inventions or Monogram
Monogran for Daniel and the joint Monogram may be done by the Queen of Denmark if not my Carl Philip

:previous: I think CP will have some part in a designing process. Making it kind of a family thing. I think Victoria values her family and would want them to have a big a part as possible.

I am curious about her veil. I wonder if she will wear an heirloom, or have a veil made for her.

I think it will be an heirloom, but there is the possibility (obviously) of having one made for her with really old lace.

my Carl Philip

I didn't know he was yours. :lol:
Daniel just seems to only goes by Daniel so do you think they will use an O in the monograms? I think it would be odd if they did since he doesn't use that name. I think I just answered my own question. Either way I can't wait to see it.

Perhaps the monogram for Daniel and the joint monogram shall be unveiled by March 2010 just in time for CPss Victoria's name day.

:flowers:

looks like an amazing event, cant wait

Already???? waouh! it will be such a big event for Sweden!!!

This article from Billed Bladet says that Prince Christian of Denmark could be in the running to be a pageboy at the wedding, given that he is one of Victoria's godchildren and he will be of an appropriate age come June 2010.

This article from Billed Bladet says that Prince Christian of Denmark could be in the running to be a pageboy at the wedding, given that he is one of Victoria's godchildren and he will be of an appropriate age come June 2010.

Incredible, even if not impossible, I thought about this opportunity soon after the engagement's news!!! I am a clairvoyant:eek:!!!

Here is an article in Danish magazine, Billed Bladet about the upcoming wedding. The title says that Victoria's wedding will be a national festival for Sweden. It also says that the wedding will be one of the largest and greatest weddings in Europe.

Billed-Bladet - Victorias bryllup bliver en folkefest

Will Daniel get Honorary Military Honors on the day??

Can't wait for another royal wedding. Such a pity it probably won't be televised in Australia

Will Victoria's attorney(s) present Daniel with a Prenuptial agreement? Or is it to early?

Will Victoria's attorney(s) present Daniel with a Prenuptial agreement? Or is it to early?

Quite unlikely, one would have thought.

They are really not very popular outside the US, and certainly have no validity under English law, and that is, IMO, before you get to the debate about whether they might be appropriate!

No doubt there will be a pre-nup. It is common in Sweden among the wealthy to have. Especially for the future queen it is very important to be protected in case of a divorce. Not long ago there were several discussions on the danish board about Frederiks and Mary's pre-nup.

They are however not enforceable in England and Wales as the previous poster pointed out.

how close are victoria today with daniel C
do you think he will be at the wedding

i have a wedding gift suggestion for her dukedome Västergötland to buy
a tiara/diadem that would later be called the duchess of Västergötland tiara and only the duchess of such dukedom can use it.

For the last time, could all the naysayers stop referring to Daniel Westling as the "personal trainer" or the "fitness instructor." It's like they are holding their noses and saying "gadzooks our esteemed Crown Princess is marrying "that gym person." Well, "that gym person" is a gentlemen who has brought more happiness to CP Victoria than all the doubters and snobs put together. He has treated her like a rare jewel and has always been there for her. He does protect her. He has never, ever discussed her with reporters or gossip magazines. For seven years, he has been silent as a stone on the subject of their relationship. No scandal, no embarrassing moments, and except for a tax problem that wasn't, he has not put a foot wrong.

And for those who think he is "uneducated," I call your attention to the fact that he has parlayed one fitness club into a large business with five locations and an investment in Brazil. He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. He is a successful business man who has developed successful business connections. He appears to be well liked by the rest of the royal children and their significant others. He is loyal to his old friends and appreciated by his new ones. He seems to be very welcome wherever he goes.

Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.

I totally agree with you! :flowers:

I wish CP Victoria and Mr Westling a happy weddingday and a happy and blessed life together. :flowers:

When it comes to the wedding, I "see" CP Victoria in a white dress with long and classic lines. It would be nice with a neckline kind of like the one princess Laurentien had back in 2001. The dress has a train, of course, and her veil is from some thin fabric. I don't think of CP Victoria as having too much ruffles, embroidery or laces, but there might be some of it, but very toned down.

I can't wait to see her as a bride! I cannot wait to see the lovely couple!! :flowers:

I wonder if she will wear the same tiara as her mother did? The "cameo" (or what it is called in English) I don't think that would be the nicest one for her though, but I think she might show up in it.

GB is also marking "one year before the wedding" and asked Roger Lundgren (editor in chief of QUEEN and blogger on TV4.se) and Catarina Hurtig (author on Royal books and freelancer) a few questions on the wedding
They answered quite realistic IMO

1.Who will get invited?
Victoria´s godparents Queen Beatrix and king Harald are for sure.
Same for the king´s sisters, their children and relatives from Germany. All of the same age group out of the Scandi houses and representatives out of other Royal houses.
Catarina Hurtig (CH) can also imagine Thailand´s Royal family and the emperor and empress of Japan
Further Tarja Halonen, members of the governments and official Sweden are to expect. Besides friends of V&D.
No ordinary ppl and neither, Wills, Harry and the British Queen

2. How many guests?
Storkyrkan (the cathedral) offers space for 1200 ppl. Besides it can get crowded at the dinner with so many guests.
Distant relatives and Daniel´s school buddies from Ockelbo would maybe sit and eat in an other room than the Royals.

3. Who will marry the couple
Archbishop Anders Wejryd

4. How many festivities to expect?
Festivities for 3 days. Starting at Thursday for the youngsters, both Royals and friends. Probably at Cafe Opera or Drottningholm. Invitation by V&D
On Friday Government and Parliament would invite for a big gala/performance at the Opera...or Stockholm´s city hall.
The wedding would be on Saturday, probably in the afternoon. A tour (carriage?) through Stholm would follow and hopefully a kiss on the balcony.
Later a dinner and ball at the castle would follow with the couple starting the dance.

5. The menue?
Swedish specialities, caviar (kalixlöjrom), salmon, seafood, venison, cheese from Ockelbo, something from Västergötland. For dessert fresh raspberries from Solliden.

6. How can those watch, who aren´t invited?
Via big screens in Sthlm, probably also Ockelbo. Both SVT and TV4 will broadcast live

7. Who will design V´s gown?
Clearly completely by a Swede and not Dior (like Mamma)
Per Engshäden is Roger´s hottest guess (since he had also designed the latest dresses for her), or Wallin. Göran Alfredsson is the favourite of CH.

8. Bridal bouquet?
Roses from Drottningholm or Solliden. Maybe heather from Västergötland

9. Daniel´s clothes?
If an afternoon wedding...white tie. No Armani, but done by Götrich (where also the king is getting his suits from) Probably the king would give Daniel the serafim order before the wedding.

10. Bachelorette party...organised by?
Victoria´s old friends from Enskilda gymnasiet, the two Carolines (Dinkelspiel and Kreuger-Nilsson), Andrea Engsäll, Martina Bonde. According to CH taking place in Paris or NYC

11. And the bachelor party?
Peder Dinkelspiel together with Daniel´s friends from Obo

12. Flower children and bridemaids?
Estelle de Geer (grandchild of Princess Desiree) will be flower child. Bridemaids: the two Carolines (who have a deal with Victoria since 100 years ago)

13. Wishes for gifts?
A wedding foundation...to give money instead of gifts. The foundation would be maybe about sports or donating (organs)

14. Honeymoon?
Brazil...where they would meet relatives (who couldn´t attend the wedding)
Or Kenya, where the RF has friends.

15. Move to Haga Castle, when?
The king would want them to marry first and it still needs time to change it from conference house to family home

16. First baby, when?
Within a year (both are thinking...)

17. Costs of the wedding and who will pay?
In Denmark it costed about 20-30 mio SEK and the taxpayers will pay

18. The wedding...meaning for Sweden?
Lots of blabla...PR and such...and if the crisis would be still current, it could push the self confidence of the Swedes (when Charles married Di it was the same and so GB came out of a crisis back then. Ehm, ja )

19. What titles for Daniel?
Prince and Duke of Västergötland

20. His job?
Passive role in his gyms. Main task is to support Victoria

21. Daniel´s Royal education?
Rumours say PR pros were involved, but the only one, who can really teach him the new life is Victoria. None is as good as her. Also Silvia will "drill" (their wording) her s-i-l

Allt inför den stora festen - Sverige - Göteborgs-Posten (with picture special)

I can't wait for this wedding! it will be a huge event!!!

Only one year to go:w00t::clap::swedenstandard:

If you say 365 days it suddenly sounds a lot more :ermm: ...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom