The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
Well said!!

My highest wish now is that they make the wedding an afternoon-wedding so that it will be in full gala There have been a lot "facts" in the newspaper about what the wedding will be like and they mostly seems to belive that the wedding will be an noon-wedding (like the king & Queens) wich meens no tiaras....
Well, for me it seems pretty sure, it will be an afternoon wedding with tiaras...just as I was always "knowing", Victoria would marry in late spring or summer.

What I am wondering...nearly all of Victoria´s Swedish friends had afternoon weddings with white tie for men...is this a general trend in Sweden?
The former generation (so the one the king&queen are belonging to)...were they in majority going for noon weddings or afternoon weddings?

Old 03-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Nobility

They should make the reception big. I think they should invite as many people as they can because everyone likes a party. They have the opportunity to really make an impact on their people and have a big festival and remember the day to no end. But that would be me. I'm a dreamer that grew up rejoicing through my youthful upbringing where it was good to have a good time regardless.

I only wish that CP Victoria and Daniel satisfy their own yearnings and desires and never look back with regret for not having lit their lives according to their sweetest heir loom. Meaning that I hope they flame like fire within their throne and kindle an everlasting burning that keeps us all at home. If these two World leaders show us how to get through life's storms then we will always be at their mercy and forever grateful. Long may they live if they can do just that. Cheers to them and to us. It's good to be a King. Good luck.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
The Connought Tiara with a veil looks like that http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...connaught3.jpg
that guy even looks a little like daniel

Old 03-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Commoner

i understood this to mean a wedding gift.

A gift that will assure her thoughts and memory are never compromised. Technology that will assure no matter what car she is in will not move until it meets the requirements set out by her as a passenger for safe travel. This was inspired by a family member.

Peace
Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope the wedding or related events include at least one tiara event for the gathered European royalty, and that there are a lot of pictures of the events.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Courtier

I do hope that Victoria wears the cameo tiara - it is so regal and so unusual - As for the gown, it will be very simple, I'm sure as that is Victoria's style -
Old 03-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

The wedding day is 19th June 2010, it´s confirmed at the official website of the Swedish Court.
Royalcourt.se/Vigsel mellan Kronprinsessan Victoria och herr Daniel Westling
Crown princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will get married at Storkyrkan, the Stockholm Cathedral.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Cameo Tiara is ugly, IMO. If you like it, that's great.....but I just think it looks awful. I'd like to see her wearing the Connaught Tiara, if possible. As for her dress, I think she'd look fabulous in this:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/941...oriadress1.jpg

Now that dress has a short bolero jacket over it because it's strapless and I doubt she'd want to wear a strapless dress in church. I would, but I'm not royalty. This is the back of the dress, should she choose to take the short jacket off at the reception:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/751...dressback1.jpg

Very chic. Now, here's another dress I think she'd look fabulous in:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/835...oriadress2.jpg

and the back --> http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/332...dressback2.jpg

Now....bridesmaids. I'm guessing her sister will be her Maid of Honor or whatever the equivalent to that is in Swedish culture. Here is what I would dress the attendants in if I had that power:

http://www.therosedress.com/picuploa...NX2015pic1.jpg

the back: http://www.therosedress.com/picuploa...NX2015pic1.jpg

detail of the bodice: http://www.therosedress.com/picuploa...NX2015pic1.jpg

I love the color and think something dark would contrast very well with the white/ivory/eggshell/cream that Victoria will be wearing.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

While the cameo tiara is definitely a beautiful piece (not so much a matter of taste but of art), I don’t think that the tiara’s shape suits Victoria’s face shape very well, but my bigger concern is the wedding dress itself.
It goes without saying that we won’t see a strapless dress (a rather strange and by now rather outdated fashion), but the Swedish designers CP Victoria has used so far have neither the experience nor the expertise to design and execute a formal royal wedding gown, which makes me hope she will turn to foreign designers in the end.
The gowns above make for very nice formal party dresses, but none of them is a regal wedding gown.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Courtier

I'm also hoping that her godchildren will play a part in the wedding, it would be a nice occasion to see all the little royals together.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
While the cameo tiara is definitely a beautiful piece (not so much a matter of taste but of art), I don’t think that the tiara’s shape suits Victoria’s face shape very well, but my bigger concern is the wedding dress itself.
It goes without saying that we won’t see a strapless dress (a rather strange and by now rather outdated fashion), but the Swedish designers CP Victoria has used so far have neither the experience nor the expertise to design and execute a formal royal wedding gown, which makes me hope she will turn to foreign designers in the end.
The gowns above make for very nice formal party dresses, but none of them is a regal wedding gown.

Those aren't formal party dresses, those are wedding gowns. You would not wear those dresses to a formal party.....you'd wear to them to a wedding. And they are more elaborate than a couple actual royal wedding gowns we've seen in the last few years. Clearly this is just an example, I'm in no way qualified to design a dress for anyone, much less myself.

The pictures of what I'd like to see the attendants in.....that was a formal party dress. And no more simplistic than some of the other dresses for attendants we've seen at royal weddings. The bride is supposed to have the dazzling dress, not the women walking behind her.

And strapless wedding dresses are not outdated, not by any stretch of the imagination. If they were outdated, you wouldn't see them anymore. Try looking at bridal sites or go to stores where you can buy bridal gowns.....they are ubiquitous now as they were when they first came on the scene. Sometimes they're called "column dresses". And I don't see what's strange about a beautiful column-style wedding dress.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was talking about regal wedding gowns, not elaborately decorated ones... look back at what all the royal wedding gowns over the past decade have in common in terms of design, and you'll certainly realize what I mean.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:52 AM
Commoner

I wonder what her trousseau is. She'd look dazzling and blooming, I'm sure (as she always is).
Old 03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Majesty

For the pre wedding ball or the wedding ball how big is the Vita havet in ther oyal castle to have a ball in.

i would love to see drottningholm be the place to have the ball in or maybe a other castle
Old 03-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieviews View Post
And for those who think he is "uneducated . . . . . . . . . He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. . . . . .
It never ceases to amaze me that so many people confuse a "superior education" with a "superior intellect". Victoria is well educated, yes, but her other skills have been learned "on the job" so to speak.

And, as a friend of mine once commented while attending a wedding "You know it's odd, you see men walk down the aisle with totally vaccuum packed Bimbos all the time but I have yet to see a woman walk down the aisle with a vaccuum packed Himbo". I think there must be a lot more to Victoria's Daniel than we have been allowed to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthieviews
Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.
Up until now we have not been privilged to see Victoria and Daniel together in "her" world. All our opinions have been based on the smallest of opportunities. I am dying to see what Victoria sees.

ps. I know this doesn't belong here but I dont know how to quote posts interthread.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
For the pre wedding ball or the wedding ball how big is the Vita havet in ther oyal castle to have a ball in.

i would love to see drottningholm be the place to have the ball in or maybe a other castle
The Ball at the King's 60th birthday was in the White See Ballroom so probably big enough.

I hope for a afternoon with ball afterward but i think in this case the ball will be at the Royal Palace and not at Drottningholm. And the evening before a Gala at the Royal Oper like in 1976.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-27-2009, 05:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

May i ask if their is any sort of outline for what will happen before the wedding, balls, meetings with parliament?
x
Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Royal Highness

I've read that there is supposedly a pink topaz parure somewhere in the Swedish Royal vaults. I think it would be nice to see that at CP Victoria's wedding, either on her or her mother.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

I know this is a big event, but do you think the RF will recycle some of their evening gowns for the occasion? It would be a lovely sign that they're not spending while others are suffering, and it would also be nice to see some of those pieces, again.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

Well Victoria can't very well recycle a dress, but after 30 years of queen I'm sure she has a few dresses she hasn't worn in a while that would be suitable. But unless a person follows the royal family they are unlike to notice if it's a recycled dress or not so it wont help much with spending criticisms.