Victoria and Daniel's Wedding Suggestions & Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if all her godchildren (Prince Christian, Princess Amalia, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Princess Eleonore, but probably many others) will be her bridemaids and pages. They're all grown enough to do this(except for little Princess Eleonore).

It would be nice if all her godchildren (Prince Christian, Princess Amalia, Princess Ingrid Alexandra and Princess Eleonore, but probably many others) will be her bridemaids and pages. They're all grown enough to do this(except for little Princess Eleonore).

Yes, that would be sweet.
But my guess is, if they choose ones among her Royal godchildren, then Christian and Ingrid Alexandra, as they understand swedish best...and since Ingrid is older, I´d say, she has the highest chances.
But most likely commoner children would be chosen. Daniel´s nieces are the hottest guess probably. Victoria´s godson Leopold (son of her cousin Patrick Sommerlath) also has a good chance of getting the "job".

I know it´s not fair but having a female (bride) with low education is still more "normal" than being the groom who has lower education than the bride

More Girl Power to the people! Yeah! :D And its not about education, its about love... :wub: And they are building a team here, and If Victoria thinks she will be a bad queen without Daniel, then its bad for all of us not marry him...

The boat which was used to go back to Stockholm Palace after the carriage ride was the Royal Barge 'Vasaorden'.
It was last seen 'at work' during the state visit of the Japanese Imperial couple to Sweden in the year 2000. The wedding would be a great occasion to bring it out again, but - warning: The barge surly comes with practical restrictions for the wedding gown...;)

ruthieviews

For the last time, could all the naysayers stop referring to Daniel Westling as the "personal trainer" or the "fitness instructor." It's like they are holding their noses and saying "gadzooks our esteemed Crown Princess is marrying "that gym person." Well, "that gym person" is a gentlemen who has brought more happiness to CP Victoria than all the doubters and snobs put together. He has treated her like a rare jewel and has always been there for her. He does protect her. He has never, ever discussed her with reporters or gossip magazines. For seven years, he has been silent as a stone on the subject of their relationship. No scandal, no embarrassing moments, and except for a tax problem that wasn't, he has not put a foot wrong.

And for those who think he is "uneducated," I call your attention to the fact that he has parlayed one fitness club into a large business with five locations and an investment in Brazil. He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. He is a successful business man who has developed successful business connections. He appears to be well liked by the rest of the royal children and their significant others. He is loyal to his old friends and appreciated by his new ones. He seems to be very welcome wherever he goes.

Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.

:previous:
Amen Ruthie!

---
And with the above message as food for thought I suggest we cease the discussion of Daniel's suitability and remarks about his background. This thread is about suggestions for Victoria's wedding, so let's stick to that.

Note that your insights about the engagement can be discussed here. His carreer as entrepeneur in health clubs can be discussed here; and the education of Daniel can be discussed here and we also have a thread where Daniel's suitablility can be discussed, which is here. Please note that the last thread is not inviting anybody to post belittling or catty remarks.

More replies that are unrelated to the topic of this thread will be moved or deleted at moderator discretion.

Thank you,

the Swedish Moderators

Last edited:
Do you think there will be big pre- wedding festivities like for Frederik and Mary's wedding??? because it seems that in Sweden there 's already a lot of troubles with the cost of the wedding! maybe it's just a minority??? I don't know!

There's not 'a lot of trouble already' regarding the weddoing costs. They are merely being discussed now, figuring out what is going to be paid by the King and what the state will pay for, which is not surprising.
If we take the Norwegian and the Danish weddings as examples, they both cost around 2 million Euro, so the budget has to be drawn up - business as usual.
In the Danish wedding, there were two gala events before the actual wedding; in Sweden, there will certainly be at least one pre-wedding gala, as it was at the King's wedding as well.

For the last time, could all the naysayers stop referring to Daniel Westling as the "personal trainer" or the "fitness instructor." It's like they are holding their noses and saying "gadzooks our esteemed Crown Princess is marrying "that gym person." Well, "that gym person" is a gentlemen who has brought more happiness to CP Victoria than all the doubters and snobs put together. He has treated her like a rare jewel and has always been there for her. He does protect her. He has never, ever discussed her with reporters or gossip magazines. For seven years, he has been silent as a stone on the subject of their relationship. No scandal, no embarrassing moments, and except for a tax problem that wasn't, he has not put a foot wrong.

And for those who think he is "uneducated," I call your attention to the fact that he has parlayed one fitness club into a large business with five locations and an investment in Brazil. He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. He is a successful business man who has developed successful business connections. He appears to be well liked by the rest of the royal children and their significant others. He is loyal to his old friends and appreciated by his new ones. He seems to be very welcome wherever he goes.

Instead of sniffing and snorting and trying to replace him with a stuffy available royal, get to know him and appreciate the quality of the man. He is already a prince. If you don't believe me, just ask CP Victoria.

Well said!!

My highest wish now is that they make the wedding an afternoon-wedding so that it will be in full gala :) There have been a lot "facts" in the newspaper about what the wedding will be like and they mostly seems to belive that the wedding will be an noon-wedding (like the king & Queens) wich meens no tiaras.... :ohmy:

Well said!!

My highest wish now is that they make the wedding an afternoon-wedding so that it will be in full gala :) There have been a lot "facts" in the newspaper about what the wedding will be like and they mostly seems to belive that the wedding will be an noon-wedding (like the king & Queens) wich meens no tiaras.... :ohmy:

Well, for me it seems pretty sure, it will be an afternoon wedding with tiaras...just as I was always "knowing", Victoria would marry in late spring or summer.

What I am wondering...nearly all of Victoria´s Swedish friends had afternoon weddings with white tie for men...is this a general trend in Sweden?
The former generation (so the one the king&queen are belonging to)...were they in majority going for noon weddings or afternoon weddings?

They should make the reception big. I think they should invite as many people as they can because everyone likes a party. They have the opportunity to really make an impact on their people and have a big festival and remember the day to no end. But that would be me. I'm a dreamer that grew up rejoicing through my youthful upbringing where it was good to have a good time regardless.

I only wish that CP Victoria and Daniel satisfy their own yearnings and desires and never look back with regret for not having lit their lives according to their sweetest heir loom. Meaning that I hope they flame like fire within their throne and kindle an everlasting burning that keeps us all at home. If these two World leaders show us how to get through life's storms then we will always be at their mercy and forever grateful. Long may they live if they can do just that. Cheers to them and to us. It's good to be a King. Good luck.

i understood this to mean a wedding gift.

A gift that will assure her thoughts and memory are never compromised. Technology that will assure no matter what car she is in will not move until it meets the requirements set out by her as a passenger for safe travel. This was inspired by a family member.

Peace

I hope the wedding or related events include at least one tiara event for the gathered European royalty, and that there are a lot of pictures of the events.

I do hope that Victoria wears the cameo tiara - it is so regal and so unusual - As for the gown, it will be very simple, I'm sure as that is Victoria's style -

The Cameo Tiara is ugly, IMO. If you like it, that's great.....but I just think it looks awful. I'd like to see her wearing the Connaught Tiara, if possible. As for her dress, I think she'd look fabulous in this:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9410/victoriadress1.jpg

Now that dress has a short bolero jacket over it because it's strapless and I doubt she'd want to wear a strapless dress in church. I would, but I'm not royalty. This is the back of the dress, should she choose to take the short jacket off at the reception:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7513/victoriadressback1.jpg

Very chic. Now, here's another dress I think she'd look fabulous in:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/8351/victoriadress2.jpg

and the back --> http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3328/victoriadressback2.jpg

Now....bridesmaids. I'm guessing her sister will be her Maid of Honor or whatever the equivalent to that is in Swedish culture. Here is what I would dress the attendants in if I had that power:

http://www.therosedress.com/picupload/Image1LG/NX2015pic1.jpg

the back: http://www.therosedress.com/picupload/Image5LG/NX2015pic1.jpg

detail of the bodice: http://www.therosedress.com/picupload/Image2LG/NX2015pic1.jpg

I love the color and think something dark would contrast very well with the white/ivory/eggshell/cream that Victoria will be wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

While the cameo tiara is definitely a beautiful piece (not so much a matter of taste but of art), I don’t think that the tiara’s shape suits Victoria’s face shape very well, but my bigger concern is the wedding dress itself.
It goes without saying that we won’t see a strapless dress (a rather strange and by now rather outdated fashion), but the Swedish designers CP Victoria has used so far have neither the experience nor the expertise to design and execute a formal royal wedding gown, which makes me hope she will turn to foreign designers in the end.
The gowns above make for very nice formal party dresses, but none of them is a regal wedding gown.

I'm also hoping that her godchildren will play a part in the wedding, it would be a nice occasion to see all the little royals together.

While the cameo tiara is definitely a beautiful piece (not so much a matter of taste but of art), I don’t think that the tiara’s shape suits Victoria’s face shape very well, but my bigger concern is the wedding dress itself.
It goes without saying that we won’t see a strapless dress (a rather strange and by now rather outdated fashion), but the Swedish designers CP Victoria has used so far have neither the experience nor the expertise to design and execute a formal royal wedding gown, which makes me hope she will turn to foreign designers in the end.
The gowns above make for very nice formal party dresses, but none of them is a regal wedding gown.

Those aren't formal party dresses, those are wedding gowns. You would not wear those dresses to a formal party.....you'd wear to them to a wedding. And they are more elaborate than a couple actual royal wedding gowns we've seen in the last few years. Clearly this is just an example, I'm in no way qualified to design a dress for anyone, much less myself.

The pictures of what I'd like to see the attendants in.....that was a formal party dress. And no more simplistic than some of the other dresses for attendants we've seen at royal weddings. The bride is supposed to have the dazzling dress, not the women walking behind her.

And strapless wedding dresses are not outdated, not by any stretch of the imagination. If they were outdated, you wouldn't see them anymore. Try looking at bridal sites or go to stores where you can buy bridal gowns.....they are ubiquitous now as they were when they first came on the scene. Sometimes they're called "column dresses". And I don't see what's strange about a beautiful column-style wedding dress.

I was talking about regal wedding gowns, not elaborately decorated ones... look back at what all the royal wedding gowns over the past decade have in common in terms of design, and you'll certainly realize what I mean.

I wonder what her trousseau is. She'd look dazzling and blooming, I'm sure (as she always is).

For the pre wedding ball or the wedding ball how big is the Vita havet in ther oyal castle to have a ball in.

i would love to see drottningholm be the place to have the ball in or maybe a other castle

And for those who think he is "uneducated . . . . . . . . . He is probably smarter than many of the royals, some of whom suffer from learning disabilities. . . . . .
It never ceases to amaze me that so many people confuse a "superior education" with a "superior intellect". :bang: Victoria is well educated, yes, but her other skills have been learned "on the job" so to speak.

And, as a friend of mine once commented while attending a wedding "You know it's odd, you see men walk down the aisle with totally vaccuum packed Bimbos all the time but I have yet to see a woman walk down the aisle with a vaccuum packed Himbo". I think there must be a lot more to Victoria's Daniel than we have been allowed to see.
ruthieviews said:
Up until now we have not been privilged to see Victoria and Daniel together in "her" world. All our opinions have been based on the smallest of opportunities. I am dying to see what Victoria sees.

ps. I know this doesn't belong here but I dont know how to quote posts interthread.

For the pre wedding ball or the wedding ball how big is the Vita havet in ther oyal castle to have a ball in.

i would love to see drottningholm be the place to have the ball in or maybe a other castle

The Ball at the King's 60th birthday was in the White See Ballroom so probably big enough.

I hope for a afternoon with ball afterward but i think in this case the ball will be at the Royal Palace and not at Drottningholm. And the evening before a Gala at the Royal Oper like in 1976.

May i ask if their is any sort of outline for what will happen before the wedding, balls, meetings with parliament?
x

I've read that there is supposedly a pink topaz parure somewhere in the Swedish Royal vaults. I think it would be nice to see that at CP Victoria's wedding, either on her or her mother.

I know this is a big event, but do you think the RF will recycle some of their evening gowns for the occasion? It would be a lovely sign that they're not spending while others are suffering, and it would also be nice to see some of those pieces, again.

Well Victoria can't very well recycle a dress,;) but after 30 years of queen I'm sure she has a few dresses she hasn't worn in a while that would be suitable. But unless a person follows the royal family they are unlike to notice if it's a recycled dress or not so it wont help much with spending criticisms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom