Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well.. "rushing into marriage" doesn't describe the situation correctly for me. :lol:
How long are they dating now? Well, long enough, IMO.
Personally I would love to see Victoria finnaly marrying Daniel. It always looks a little weird to see her attending all these Royal events where the happily married couples attend together and only Victoria attends with Mummy and Daddy. ;) For example: When Victoria attended the Opening of the Opera in Olso and arrived with Mette-Marit and Haakon she somehow looked like being completely at the wrong placed.
I absolutely share your opinion. Crown Princess Victoria should get married. I believe the couple in question has been dating long enough to know each other and decide wether they fit each other as spouses. Indeed, Crown Princess looks rather awkward accompanying another Crown Princely couple or her parent during some functions. I wonder what prevents Crown Princess and Daniel Westling from tying a knot. There must be a serious reason...
... [snipped]
Personally i think what makes most difference is not the title or even background of Daniel/ other Prince consorts but the education and esp. the choise of carreer. Both Claus and Henrik were high educated diplomats for example while Daniel is a businessman (not that that is a problem but it is a major difference).
You are quite insightful. Generally speaking, royalty and nobility has always preferred to keep the "vulgar" world of commerce and business at some distance.

Last edited:
I have the feeling that Daniel doesn´t want a royal title at all! And I feel that it´s just impossible for the Swedish administration and the royal household to accept that..
Where did you get that feeling? I can´t remember seeing anything about that in any papers or intervjues. I don´t think that Daniel doesn´t want a royal title and i don´t think that it would matter what he thought about it since he has no part in deciding if/what title he would get - that is up to the King (and the parliment i think).

And i do belive that Victoria and Daniel will marry - as it looks now probably next summer...

its a bit similiar to the will they wont they marry in Monaco story betwen Albert and Charlene !!!

I think this whole thing of him being in business is rubbish and a lame excuse for people including royals to not like him. I think there is something more going on and since the press is lazy we won't know. I know is wrong that we are obsessing about her having kids, but I think its the thought that some people get married to have kids. The logic is if she doesn't want them then she really doesn't have to marry Daniel (refer to "cookies and tea" below).

I'm also wondering if any of the king's kids are going to get married to their significant others... they've been dating these people for a long time and I've heard co-habition isn't a great road to marriage. I don't agree with it cause I don't think it promotes marriage, (sorry my opinion) its like you get cookies and tea without the bad parts.

I also don't buy the crap about Victoria having to be married before the other siblings. At most I could see her siblings using that as an excuse to not get married yet.

Yes, but in contrast to all the names you listed, Daniel will be much more in the limelight: Neither Claus nor Henrik got a title by their wives. IMO it´s different whether you were born as a count like Henrik and just change into a prince whereas Daniel has to change from a commoner into a prince or so. It´s all "normal" for common women to change into princess when they marry a prince but it´s a novum with Daniel. And I fear there is another problem: I have the feeling that Daniel doesn´t want a royal title at all! And I feel that it´s just impossible for the Swedish administration and the royal household to accept that. Viktoria will IMO be also measured what kind of husband she´s able to "get", perhaps even more than her male collegues. I know we live in modern times but it´s still easier the other way round I fear.

I think Daniel wants something more substantial, ex. to keep his business. The older Victoria becomes, the more chips Daniel will have on the table to bargain with the Swedish court IMO. Carl Gustaf and Silvia surely don't want their daughter to be an old maid. Victoria can't be compared to other male heirs. When Philippe married 13 years younger Mathilde, many applauded for the wonderful match, can you image a 39-year-old Victoria marrying a 26-year-old man ? She would end up being lots of people's joke.
I'd like to see Victoria marrying a university professor or a lawyer who works for the Red Cross, but Daniel is not bad either as long as he is content with the role of being the prince consort, using Prince Claus' words, cutting ribbons :lol:.

If most of us posters believe they´ll marry next summer why not marry this summer or last summer....? There seems to be something special with the number 32. (Cristina, Mary, Marie, Silvia, Charles....):rolleyes:

I think most of the posters are just tired of waiting, and are more worried about the 'ticking clock' then she is.

I think most of the posters are just tired of waiting, and are more worried about the 'ticking clock' then she is.
That´s so true! (incl. me... :rolleyes:)

Yes, but in contrast to all the names you listed, Daniel will be much more in the limelight: Neither Claus nor Henrik got a title by their wives. IMO it´s different whether you were born as a count like Henrik and just change into a prince whereas Daniel has to change from a commoner into a prince or so. It´s all "normal" for common women to change into princess when they marry a prince but it´s a novum with Daniel. And I fear there is another problem: I have the feeling that Daniel doesn´t want a royal title at all! And I feel that it´s just impossible for the Swedish administration and the royal household to accept that. Viktoria will IMO be also measured what kind of husband she´s able to "get", perhaps even more than her male collegues. I know we live in modern times but it´s still easier the other way round I fear.

It really isn't up to Daniel what title he gets - he is marrying a woman that will one day be a reigning queen. For him not to have a suitable title would reflect on the royal couple and would not be supportive of Victoria. He will be part of our Swedish history and it carries with it responsibilites. He will not be without a proper title.

Victoria has said she will tell when they get engaged - that is different from telling the world they have decided to eventually get engaged.

Can anyone say me when CP Victoria has said she will tell when they get engaged. I searched really a lot.

But all I could find was the sentence

"She will tell when THERE WILL BE AN ENGAGEMENT",

and not

"She will tell when THEY GET ENGAGED"

She has mentioned it in several interviews when journalists have asked her when there will be an engagement. "You will be the first ones to know" was her response in a Swedish TV interview a couple of years ago. The royal family does not talk about an engagement before the fact - there will not be an announcement alerting of a planned engagement - only an invitation to the royal castle and an interview and photos in the traditional engagement (förlovnings soffan) couch. Consequently - we will hear about the engagement once it has happened - not before.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen people so interested in someone's reproductive system. I know CP Victoria is part of the Swedish Royal Family, but that doesn't mean the world at large is entitled to opine on her ability to have children or the methods she may use. It's bad enough that we all speculate on her expected engagement and marriage, but to disect her childbearing options is too intrusive.

I read once that upon meeting Daniel Westling, she told her mother that she had met the man she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. Given that I think we can safely say that she does plan to spend her life with him. For reasons none of us can fathom, they haven't declared themselves as yet. Until they do, we can only speculate and hope.

So...we must comfort ourselves with speculation about an engagement and subsequent marriage. And we must stop all the discussion about her fertility. It is unseemly and intrusive at this point. After they finally marry, then we can speculate furiously about heirs. Let's play fair.

I don't there's anything wrong with people making a general comment about how if they want children, they should be making a decision one way or another soon.

Nobody's trying to get intimate details of Victoria's love life or reproductive system. All we are saying is the general fact (The older you get the harder it is to have kids.)

Does it mean they are over because he wasn't at P. Joachim's wedding with her?

I do not think so. I am sure he was nor invited as Victoria's sister or brother.
and I don't think they are gonna break up soon.

Until Victoria and Daniel are engaged, Daniel can´t participate to official activities with Victoria.

Now, that he was invited to Crown Prince Frederik's birthday bash at Fredensborg today what does this say about their relationship, where it is going, and what significance, if at all, does this "breaking news" have or rather demostrate?

From my perspective, it doesn't mean anything. Like other royal partners he was simply invited because he's a friend of Frederik's and his girlfriend is Victoria. However, I don't believe it means they will be engaged by fall... although I never thought Joachim and Marie would tie the knot in 2008 and look what happened.

I agree, its because they are a couple. I think grevinnan was right about the title. In the end I think it doesn't matter what title he has just as long as he loves her. Does anyone have pictures of Dan and Victoria at the Wedding?

Wonderful to see Victoria and Daniel at Frederik's party. I am very happy for them. Victoria has a very strong father and she is very likely to pick a very strong husband - she must know a lot about Daniel that we can not see. It was a joy to see them together - for lots of reasons but mostly because the King would not have allowed it unless Daniel is truly her chosen and accepted future husband.

Last edited:
Good to see them together. Another media speculation is due to follow.

Oh I look forward to the speculation, it will provide me with some much needed entertainment.:popcorn:

Articles with photos of Victoria and Daniel:
Billed-Bladet/Svenske Victoria sender bryllupssignaler
Se og hor/KRONPRINSESSE VICTORIA: HAVDE KÆRESTEN MED
This is funny, B.T. writes that Victoria brought her NEW love to the wedding:
B.T./Victorias nye kæreste

Swedish newspapers:
Aftonbladet/Victoria och Daniel på 40-årsfest
Expressen/Här spexar Victoria med Daniel och kronprinsparet
Director of the Information and Press Department at the Royal Court, Nina Eldh, said that this was strictly private trip to Victoria.

More photos at the Danish board on the thread of Crown prince Frederik´s birthday.

Last edited:
Oh I look forward to the speculation, it will provide me with some much needed entertainment.:popcorn:

Me, too!

One thought: why is it all the world concentrates on Victoria's age and planned schedules when there are two in this relationship. Maybe Victoria and Daniel have decided that he has a deadline and that, once this deadline is reached, he must have wrapped up his businesses to marry her or leave her? For me this makes more sense than the other way round (biological clock etc.)

Whatever the background / forthcoming events / speculations about Daniel's appearance I am glad that Victoria brought him along. They are together for five years plus now, right, means he belongs there. I am sure he has been sharing these relations / friendships etc with her for a long time already but it's the first visible proof that he's included as a partner.

In terms of speculations, my personal opinion is that they will get engaged soon, bringing him along is one of the many many little steps to establish Daniel as future consort (AT LEAST I HOPE SO ;))

It's a little sad that everyone over looks his age, poor Daniel. Guys can have kids when ever the like but that doesn't mean that all of them want to start having kids in there mid 40's. Just felt like pointing that out. And just because you start hearing bells doesn't mean its wedding bells, it could just be your alarm clock.

It's a little sad that everyone over looks his age, poor Daniel. Guys can have kids when ever the like but that doesn't mean that all of them want to start having kids in there mid 40's. Just felt like pointing that out. And just because you start hearing bells doesn't mean its wedding bells, it could just be your alarm clock.

hahaha, you're quite right, maybe it is our alarm clocks :lol: I prefer to think its wedding bells though, I hate when the alarm goes off.
But seriously though, it would be nice if they could finally get married. They've know each other long enough to know they want to be together. I really think these 2 deserve a georgeous wedding and a happy life together, without Victoria having to "hide" Daniel at home!

I dunno, what to make out of it. It had a private character and the party was now not overly "classy" and "Royal". The Royal of the Royals aka Queen Margrethe was e.g. not present.
For Daniel there is still a save way out (and we have seen that with e.g. Eva Sannum or Emily Bremers...who were guests at big happenings with Royals as well)
But they are 6.5 years together...and are indeed not getting younger. I am with lilnana...also for Daniel it can´t be attractive to be an "old daddy" (but that being a father seems in general attractive to him, I am believing)

Getting up at night or staying up all night and most of all recovering from it, doesn´t get easier with the years. I am already noting that at mid20 (at 18 this was sooo much easier) ;) And I am also noting, that many guys have something like a "biological clock". Most reject the idea of being a first time father at 45.

2009 would be in many ways ideal for a wedding...no important jubilees, no big sports events, June 6 would be a Saturday, the bridge in front of the Royal palace would be restored (usually the folket stands on it at big happenings). So I guess a wedding is "vaguely" planned for it...but of course Daniel could break out...or something could end their relationship...

So in other words I am pretty much clueless. If Daniel would also accompany her to princess Eleonore´s baptism...and would sit in the second row at Borgholm on July 14, I´d be pretty sure, that there would be an engagement until Christmas. But Frederik´s party alone is no real "sign" for me...

Daniel och Victoria. Äntligen!/Jenny Alexandersson´s blog/Svensk Damtidning

Kungen sa ja till Daniel Westling/The King said yes to Daniel Westling/Expressen
According to Expressen, Victoria asked permission from the King, and the King said yes. And Daniel could go with Victoria to the birthday party of crown prince Frederik.
- This was very well planned and directed, tells a source.
- For Frederik and the others at the danish Royal Family it was not so peculiar, they have met him already many times. But this time it was an official party. Victoria knew that they would be seen by the media from the whole Europe, tells the source of Expressen.
-Daniel was included to Victoria´s invitation. Victoria had three choices: to go alone, or smuggle Daniel to the party or to go wide openly with Daniel. She chose the last alternative.
- Victoria decided to speak with the King. She knew that it would get a lot of attention. The King had nothing against this. He has accepted Daniel a long time ago. The King sees him as the future husband of his daughter.

Hovexperten: Ett bröllop är närä/The wedding is close/TV4

Last edited:
Hide Daniel? Well she can't just keep him behind a curtain or something. I still think theres plenty of time to get married and have a family, they don't have to get married just yet if they don't want/ready to (as much as I want to see a wedding). I was just pointing out that everyone only talks about her running out of time when hes a few years older and since this topic is about both of them why leave him out of all fun?
I have to take back what I said, that isn't your alarm clock you hear, its your cuckoo clock trying to tell you something. Cuckoo Cuckoo.
Or if it's a Christmas engagement maybe something more alone the lines of this? :xmasbell:and just to make sure its clear, I'm just kidding (mostly).

Daniel at Frederik's party

On Danish Royal Watchers, there is a photo of Daniel with Victoria at Frederik's 40th birthday with Haakon and Mette Marit. Is this significant?

I don't know much about Daniel but from the little I have read and seen of him........ :ermm: I mean to say, so far I cannot say I am much impressed, nor that I hope he marries Victoria. I rather hope she will wait and....... well, if she loves him, and it's meant to be, it will be, but I would like to see her wait and not settle just now. It's hard for me to see her with Daniel because she is so........ What I want to say I cannot say because it is not "correct".
I can say for sure that I hope she waits. Please, let her be patient, not rush. There is no reason to rush. 30, 31 is not old and not a requisite age to be married, no matter how much society wants us to believe such an age for a woman to be single to be a wrong thing. It's a lie. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom