Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont´t think either those two will get married this year. Mayby a late engament this year

I too think they will not marry this year. I some how think it will be 2009 but I can not see them waiting until 2010 to marry.

Last edited:
If Daniel can't run a gym then he's the perfect consort. Then he knows his only asset lies in his looks (and personality), not his brains, and he won't try to disturb the thin balance the royals walk.

SGL
If he is not smart, then he is perfect. The King doesn't have to worry about Daniel becoming too ambitious, or about him trying to corrupt Victoria by persuading her to do things that aren't in the best interest of the people of Sweden.

Although I get your point I hope that the future consort of the future Queen of Sweden does have brain and will know how to use it. It would be a shame if the new generation of Queens would have some morons by their sides who are only able to walk two steps behind and shake some hands. Of course the male consorts need to take on their supporting role - hard enough - but they won't be successful if they don't have intelligence, a damn good self confidence as well as ambition, but in a different sense. These features can well be seen in Prince Philip, the most influential consort in modern times or the late Prince Claus, who became very popular and respected by the public, therefore lacking those features means failure or at least struggle in terms of dealing with the consort role (see Prince Henrik). Victoria will need a strong and supportive partner, not a wally who can't even look after himself.

Since we still don't know much about Daniel after 5 years (a fact that does involve some intelligence from his side) I can only judge him from what I see and I think he has been coping very well in combining his royal relationship with real life. Don't think he will behave like a muppet when things become serious.

Daniel can take part in the official duties only after they are engaged, not before. I´m sure that if the King wouldn´t approve Daniel as the consort of Victoria, the couple would have been separated long ago. The King invited Daniel to his birthday party and just a week ago the whole royal family (with Daniel, Emma and Jonas) were at a birthday party together.
I´m also sure, that if the King wouldn´t like Daniel, he wouldn´t have let her daughter and the future Queen "waste" six years of her life with a man, who wouldn´t be appropriate as a consort.

He isn't a king to Victoria, he is a father to her. Emma and Jonas isn't a issue, they won't have as heavy duties as Daniel will. To be the boyfriend of a crown princess he is very anonymous, to anonymous. It is obvious that daniel is unworthy, and its very obvious that the king disapproves of him.
Or else, they would have gotten married a long time ago. Royals dont wait 6 years for marriage, to secure the throne fast is important.

"Please specify! There seem to be contradicting reports in the press about his qualities as Gym owner. Maybe you are knowing more/the truth (?)"

Yes, his gyms are disasters, luxary gyms. There isn't a market for that in sweden. The court probably sponsors him to thin out the shame a little bit. In my opinion, if you can't make a buisness work with the great PR of beeing boyfriend to a crown princess you are a big failure.

Crown princess Victoria is one of swedens most loved persons, but still, ordinary people don't like the idea of their marriage, we know to little, and the things we know isn't as good as it should be. We know that the king dislikes him, that is the hard truth. He haven't shown any sings of liking him, there wasn't this big "hush hush" with Daniel Collert. And our King isn't conservative, therefore there most be something wrong.

He isn't a king to Victoria, he is a father to her. Emma and Jonas isn't a issue, they won't have as heavy duties as Daniel will. To be the boyfriend of a crown princess he is very anonymous, to anonymous. It is obvious that daniel is unworthy, and its very obvious that the king disapproves of him.
Or else, they would have gotten married a long time ago. Royals dont wait 6 years for marriage, to secure the throne fast is important.

Isn't Jonas extremely successful? And isn't Emma fairly successful too?

Yes, king Carl Gustaf is a father to Victoria, but he is also a King and he must think of the future of the swedish monarchy. That was my point when I said that the King wouldn´t let Victoria "waste" six years of her life with a man that the King (as a King and as a father) couldn´t approve to her husband and consort. Victoria will soon be 31 years old, if she and Daniel now break up, she will have to hurry up to find another man. I also believe, that if the King doesn´t approve Daniel, he wouldn´t let him live together with Victoria at her apartment, this isn´t official, but it´s widely known that Victoria and Daniel are living together at the castle. Daniel only lives in his own home when Victoria is away from home.

Here´s information about the Pratigi Resort in Brazil, in which Daniel Westling is a co-owner.
Pratigi Resort
Pratigi Resort is owned by a group of Swedish and Brazilian investors where the Nobis corporation is the majority shareholder. The other owners include Daniel Westling, Björn Ulvaeus, Crister Kaiser, Erik Paulsson, Joao Paiva Neto, Johan Ericsson, Karl Johan Persson, Lennart Schuss, Mats O Sundqvist, Robert Andréen, Sam Bonnier.
Pratigi Resort will be opened next year.

Last edited:
The fortuneteller Ivana (Yvonne Larsson) predicts that Victoria and Daniel will get engaged this summer, after Victoria´s birthday. She says that she sees a golden ring when she thinks of Victoria and Daniel. The wedding will be in summer 2009. She also says that they will have three children: first a boy, then a girl and finally a boy.
She saw a big shooting in her dream three days before Olof Palme was murdered and she also predicted the big snow chaos 1998.
Jag ser en gyllene ring/Aftonbladet

ruthieviews on marriage of CP Victoria & Daniel

I have followed the romance of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling from the beginning. I have seen them weather many storms of criticism by the Swedes as well as members of the Royal Forums. I think Daniel has progressed from a sporty Orlander to a suave and handsome man who is at ease in formal dress and among CP Victoria's friends and family. He has also developed a truce with the press. These are two hard-working people who plan to spend their lives together. He is obviously a savvy businessman and becomes more successful each year. They are very comfortable with each other and obviously love each other very much. I hope they do get married some day. She is a very accomplished representative of Sweden and will make a wonderful Queen. I think he will make a very fine Consort. He has been true and loyal to her from the beginning with never of breath of scandal. He has never discussed their life together with any of the media who dog him everywhere he goes. He is respectful to her friends and family and would make her proud.

I am always amused when someone suggests CP Victoria should marry a prince from some other royal Family. Puleeeez. When I see pictures of some of the overindulged European Royals, the boozy pictures of the British Royal Family members falling out of nightclubs, and the overspending brats in exile, I shudder to think of her ever marrying one of those. She is a true lady. She and Daniel live a very healthy lifestyle. She has never been photographed falling out of a bar. She does not wear a naval ring and mini skirts. Neither she nor her siblings amuse the press with excess of any kind. Sweden should be very proud.:angel:

Why did you see as ridicoulous that some of us should wants Crownprincess Victoria married to a Prince? What's the wrong about Princes? She is a Princess, after all...

I don't like this Daniel a bit. And we'll see if he could be a good husband for a Crowpprincess of Sweden. He must be a prince Consort of Sweden...and I don't see him ready for it. Of course, Crownprincess Victoria is the one who must choice his own husband. I keep praying for it is a good choice, for Sweden and for HERSELF. Time will talk. :neutral:

Vanesa.

I have followed the romance of Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling from the beginning. I have seen them weather many storms of criticism by the Swedes as well as members of the Royal Forums. I think Daniel has progressed from a sporty Orlander to a suave and handsome man who is at ease in formal dress and among CP Victoria's friends and family. He has also developed a truce with the press. These are two hard-working people who plan to spend their lives together. He is obviously a savvy businessman and becomes more successful each year. They are very comfortable with each other and obviously love each other very much. I hope they do get married some day. She is a very accomplished representative of Sweden and will make a wonderful Queen. I think he will make a very fine Consort. He has been true and loyal to her from the beginning with never of breath of scandal. He has never discussed their life together with any of the media who dog him everywhere he goes. He is respectful to her friends and family and would make her proud.

I am always amused when someone suggests CP Victoria should marry a prince from some other royal Family. Puleeeez. When I see pictures of some of the overindulged European Royals, the boozy pictures of the British Royal Family members falling out of nightclubs, and the overspending brats in exile, I shudder to think of her ever marrying one of those. She is a true lady. She and Daniel live a very healthy lifestyle. She has never been photographed falling out of a bar. She does not wear a naval ring and mini skirts. Neither she nor her siblings amuse the press with excess of any kind. Sweden should be very proud.:angel:

Wow, from the beginning...and not registered until 2008. Hopefully this means, that you haven´t read all my silly theories ;)

I am honestly a bit failing to see the progress. Yes, he is dressing nicer. But me could e.g. also dress in Adidas clothes and say e.g. "I am a personal trainer now"...or so can 4 year old Ruby J. pretend she is a princess.

What I am though seeing is, that he is making an effort...I am just not convinced of the result. He still looks awkward, when photographed. And he still talks about expanding his gyms
Quote from January 08 said:
jag vill lägga all fokus på att utveckla verksamheten
-I wanna set all focus onto the development of our activities/businesses
And if you ask me, Victoria wouldn´t want to have him different. I guess she must enjoy it, that he isn´t the perfect gentleman, who is fulfilling all her wishes...and who is all thrilled by the attention.

But this doesn´t directly help to get him easily into this famous "3 steps behind her"-position...and so maybe - in the long run - a prince or a person, who is familiar to such a lifestyle (UNO, diplomat...) would be better. And there are surely many idiots among princes, but so are among middle class Svenssons.
The Windsors and the guys in exile aren´t the only princes, there are also many, who don´t party 24/7 or who just follow other pleasures.

Well, in the end they will both see, if they can lead this life. If I´ve learned one thing, after 5 years membership here...no matter, how often, we say, that Charlene, Kate or Daniel...or also the ones, who are already married...Mary, Letizia etc. aren´t the right ones...it won´t change the fact, that only time will show, if the decision for or against marriage was right.

BTW...there is an interesting phenomenon, I´ve noted...all personal observation of course...but to me, it seems as if esp. women, who have left their teens and twens behind some time ago have a soft spot for Daniel. ;) Probably he is too much of a "manly man" for us "babies" ;)

Last edited:
Wow, from the beginning...and not registered until 2008. Hopefully this means, that you haven´t read all my silly theories ;)

Speaking of your theories, Lena. I just noticed a post of yours from 2003

What do you think, when will Victoria marry?! My personal guess is that she´s then not younger than 30, but not older than 33.

If things go along your guess, she still has some time - although not much. :ROFLMAO:

Speaking of your theories, Lena. I just noticed a post of yours from 2003

If things go along your guess, she still has some time - although not much. :ROFLMAO:

:D Wow! Why have I then actually promoted a wedding for 2005 or 2006 (?)

And a wedding in june 2010...when she would be 32 still...sounds not like "some time", but like "a lot of waiting time" :ohmy:

With my current knowledge, I´d say, that she would not be younger than 31 and not older than 37. With that I am on the safe side, I guess...as I am sure, that she most have some bio clock "hidden" ;)

Last edited:
ruthieviews

Does anyone think Crown Princess Victoria will make any announcements about a wedding on her name day, March 12? Or will the King be making any announcements about an engagement? With a ready audience and celebration, March 12th seems like a perfect time to do this.

Does anyone think Crown Princess Victoria will make any announcements about a wedding on her name day, March 12? Or will the King be making any announcements about an engagement? With a ready audience and celebration, March 12th seems like a perfect time to do this.

I am doubting it. This day is so very "crowded" this year, that the chance is very little.
The state visit would be still going on
The nameday celebrations are planned for Victoria and a lecture on climate changes for the king and crown princess is on the agenda.
And also Thursday, 13th, is quite a busy day, so that there would be no space for a press conference.
I´d guess if there would be an engagement still, then not before easter.

But this doesn´t directly help to get him easily into this famous "3 steps behind her"-position...and so maybe - in the long run - a prince or a person, who is familiar to such a lifestyle (UNO, diplomat...) would be better. And there are surely many idiots among princes, but so are among middle class Svenssons.

The question is if in the third millenium in a moder country like Sweden this position must be filled the traditional way? Politicians have long gotten rid of the notion that the spouse must be automatically a supporter of the other once he or she is elected. Cherie Blair lived most of the time her own life, had her own career and earned more money than her husband. And who actually knows Professor Joachim Sauer, husband of German chancellor and head of government Angela Merkel? And who believes that Bill Clinton, if his wife makes it to the office of president of the US, will be her "First Man"? I believe Sweden has always been a country that could well live with somehow "extraordinary" spouses of their monarchs, whose marriage turned out to be pioneering for other European monarchs: E.g. a monarch did not have a spouse (like queen Christina) or had one who didn't move with her husband to Sweden (Desideria Bernadotte). Two were born the daughter of newly created "princes" either by Napoleon (Josephine de Beauharnais, princess of Leuchtenberg) or by decree due to the birth from a morganatic marriage of their father (Louise Mountbatten). Or a queen born a plain commoner (like Silvia). So I doubt many Swedish "subjects" would that much object to a new pioneering constellation on top of their society: a queen married, but not to a husband working as prince consort but going about his own business.

So I doubt many Swedish "subjects" would that much object to a new pioneering constellation on top of their society: a queen married, but not to a husband working as prince consort but going about his own business.

Well, but as modern as Sweden may be...they are still keeping this quite anachronistic system "Monarchy", that is actually not going together with modern values or approaches.
And a big part of this system is heritage. So unlike the children of the Blairs, the children of Daniel and Victoria would play a role...and usually we wanna see them performing this role from early on (see Elisabeth, Amalia, IA, Leonor, Christian...) and within the context of a happy family and a happy marriage of their parents. So Daniel couldn´t slip it completely.
Further the role of the Royal house is the one of independence and neutrality.
Recruting members for the gyms or guests for the hotel would be always connected to the function of his wife and children.

But before this would turn out as "Camilla&Charles II", it would be indeed better to create some "working model" for him, that would include both, official functions (charities) and his businesses (maybe a bit remodeled...so that "public recruiting" wouldn´t play so much of a role...)

Last edited:
I seriously think that Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling will not marry at all this year. Perhaphs an engagement late this year for a 2009 wedding but that is the earliest for a engagement.

Her parents must be seriously concerned about this situation and i don't blame them, she remains the future of the Swedish monarchy in an age were it is not popular to be so anywhere. I hope it all works out BUT I have to say it it is a loss loss situation all round IMO IMO.

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Prince Frederik were 36 and 35 respectively around the times of their wedding. I was not on the forum at this time so I was wondering was there the same pesimism aurrounding their situation? She is only 31!
I realise she is the future of the monarchy and it is expected of her to marry and have children. However she is still young and does well at her engagements without a consort trailing behind. If she wants marriage and children then I sincerely hope it happens for her, she deserves haappiness. However I personally don't see her being unwed as a negative, just the way her life is at the moment. She is not an only child, she has a younger brother and sister who can also produce new generation of the royal family.:flowers:

Would Sweden "allow" Victoria to have a child and not be married who would be in line for the Crown???

Under Swedish law as with the UK an heir to the throne must be legitimate - born inside wedlock to be able to inherit the throne.

Crown Prince Felipe and Crown Prince Frederik were 36 and 35 respectively around the times of their wedding. I was not on the forum at this time so I was wondering was there the same pesimism aurrounding their situation? She is only 31!
I realise she is the future of the monarchy and it is expected of her to marry and have children. However she is still young and does well at her engagements without a consort trailing behind. If she wants marriage and children then I sincerely hope it happens for her, she deserves haappiness. However I personally don't see her being unwed as a negative, just the way her life is at the moment. She is not an only child, she has a younger brother and sister who can also produce new generation of the royal family.:flowers:

But Felipe and Frederik didn't have to give birth. Letiza was 31 (almost 32 when she married Felipe) and Mary was 32 when she married Frederik) If Victoria were to wait until she was 36, pregnancy would be increasingly difficult and harder for her (especially a first pregnancy)

Honestly, it seems to me like now would be a wise time for her to decide either way when it comes to Daniel.

I think that it´s obvious that Victoria and Daniel will marry, othervise she wouldn´t have stayed in the relationship for this long, but for some reason they choose to wait a little with the wedding, and for that reason we can only guess. I belive that they will marry next year and that they have waited beacuse Victoria wants to make a few more studies and that Daniel want´s to do a little more buisness with his gyms before he sells them, or that they feel that they aren´t ready for children right now - beacuse they know that when they marry the people and the press will expect a pregnancy almost right away... This is what i belive anyway.

Nowadays it´s not unusual to give birth at the age of 38 or later: Princess Alexia of Greece started her first pregnancy at the age of 36 and had her last (and fourth!) baby with 42. And I´m sure she´ll have a fifth one...
IMO it´s Queen Silvia who still hopes for a better match. And therefore she encourages Victoria on and on to start another practica or learn another language or so to keep her away from marrying Daniel....

No, it is not unusual,and it is not impossible for Victoria to have children late in life. But it is getting harder as she is getting older, of course she can have a baby with 40, but it also can be very difficult, much more difficult then for the male crownprinces with younger wives.
Prince Philippe is will be father again now with 48... I don't think Victoria would think that this would be possible for her.
Of course it is a long time until she is that old... But IMO she should decide what she wants. If she wants to marry Daniel anyway, why wait?
And if she doesn't, why stay together? You would think the courtship was long enough. If she doesn't know by now...
Of course, the reason for them not marrrying could also be Victoria's parents.

Of course Viktoria will have Nannys to take care of her children. So this is one reason why she doesn´t need to have a family in the next, let´s say, five years.
I made the experience that it´s no good to marry a partner you know already for many years. In my circle of friends most of those marriages ended shortly after the wedding!
But today Grand Duchess Maria Teresa may talk about that theme with Queen Silvia since the Ducal house of Luxembourg has the problem the other way round....:rolleyes:

As long as one of the siblings - Victoria, Carl Philip or Madeleine - gets married and have children, the succession will be secure. It doesn't have to be Victoria. ;)

Of course Viktoria will have Nannys to take care of her children. So this is one reason why she doesn´t need to have a family in the next, let´s say, five years.
I made the experience that it´s no good to marry a partner you know already for many years. In my circle of friends most of those marriages ended shortly after the wedding!
But today Grand Duchess Maria Teresa may talk about that theme with Queen Silvia since the Ducal house of Luxembourg has the problem the other way round....:rolleyes:
No, I don't think so. Guillaume is only 26. None of the male heirs married that early.

As long as one of the siblings - Victoria, Carl Philip or Madeleine - gets married and have children, the succession will be secure. It doesn't have to be Victoria. ;)
Of course that is true. But somehow I get the impression that Victoria WANTS to have children. She is always so nice with them, f. i. , playing with Christian at his christening, or talking to Maud Angelica during the Birthday celebrations in Norway. She seems to really like children. Of course I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom