The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Aristocracy

"Duty comes first. " Sweden will have a virgin Queen like Elizabeth I. Swedes should be pround of themselve to have a future Queen who cares a lot of her people. I think people in this forum should not dwell into the idea of her marriage. If CP Victoria and Daniel want to keep this status of their relationship forever, it is totally fine. Puting pressure on her into marriage would only result in blacklash (in my opinion). To me, her marriage is not the most important thing at all. The most important thing is how she's going to lead her country (or shall I say represent her country as a Queen).

Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard
I say the same thing, Come on Victoria and Daniel! All of your friends is married and most of them are alreasy parents or will be parents at short. You are in this summer 30 and 34 years old so it is time to left the youth now! But it will probably not be this year because none of them has time over to that as the court has said.
But I think they are already planning for a marriage next year. The much more friendly intonation from the royal court in media indicates that it is something more than before who is going on.
I've read somewhere that one person from the court, close to Victoria said that they aren't planning the wedding in this year
I was so disappointed when I read it. I've been waiting for the engagement for 2 years! And how is it with the people in Sweden? They must be impatient!!! I don't understand Victoria. She loves Daniel and he loves her. So what's the matter? She just has to have children and to give birth to future king or queen of Sweden. She's 30, so Victoria married - 31, Victoria's first child - 32. Late...

Old 04-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Maybe they don't feel like they're ready yet. And its not too late, a good percentage of the worldwide population don't get married and have children until they're mid-to-late thirties. It's just depending on how ready they are to enter that life, because it can be a lot different than being single or just boyfriend/girlfriend.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Courtier

Believe me: It´ll be a nightmare for Queen Silvia to read headlines like this one (in case they announce an engagement): "Future Swedish Queen marries her former fitnesstrainer..."
I know it might not be that comparable but it reminds me of: "Princess Stephanie of Monaco marries fish-trader...."
And as I told you before: On C-G´s 60th birthday some swedish reporter was asked what the swedish public thinks of V and D: And she answered: "Well, they are a bit disappointed...."
Old 04-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie
Believe me: It´ll be a nightmare for Queen Silvia to read headlines like this one (in case they announce an engagement): "Future Swedish Queen marries her former fitnesstrainer..."
I know it might not be that comparable but it reminds me of: "Princess Stephanie of Monaco marries fish-trader...."
And as I told you before: On C-G´s 60th birthday some swedish reporter was asked what the swedish public thinks of V and D: And she answered: "Well, they are a bit disappointed...."
Wasn´t that self a noble woman? German-Swedish of origin?
I think on the one hand, many Swedes are disappointed and on the other hand, some are proud, that it could be one of them...and wanna protect him.
Today a newspaper reported about this book "Daniel&Victoria" revealing, how the brats are thinking of Daniel and how they were calling him "farmer" etc.
Just the right thing to get the majority of the Swedes on Daniel´s side

The thing with Silvia is, that she (and actually also Sonja of Norway) are these days more Royal than born Royals. I guess it hurts, if you have tried so hard...and then someone is coming, who is so absolutely not fitting into the picture...and who could maybe have not so much potential to become a glamour&glitter Royal, who is picking up good causes (if Daniel really hasn´t this potential, we will see)

But it´s though interesting, how hopeless, it´s getting for many ppl.
The current poll on the question of Daniel and Victoria marrying

Inom ett år (within a year) 35% (1306)
Inom fem år (within 5 years) 35% (1320)
Aldrig (never) 30% (1127)

The never and within 5 years part is actually quite big.

And also here ppl are thinking, she could end unmarried. Maybe this thread should get as addition "Desperate Royal watchers"
I hope in 2 years, we would laugh about this idea of an unmarried Victoria.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
And also here ppl are thinking, she could end unmarried. Maybe this thread should get as addition "Desperate Royal watchers" ,,,,,,,
Can't say I like that scenario.
Victoria is one of my favourite Royals and I want to see her wedding and a bunch of kids.

Most commoners, who married Royals in the past (mainly female) have suffered the same kind of prejudice as Daniel now - some people thought they might not fit in. As the past generation of commoner Queens and Princesses shows, those worries were unfounded. I think that if he is given a chance, Daniel will prove himself as well - after all he must be truly special to earn the love of someone like Victoria.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I really don't see why her age is a problem. Yes she is turning thirty soon, but Letizia was nearly 32 when she married Felipe and Maxima was 31 when she married W-A.

Victoria and Daniel have been together for a long time and she could very well have married him by the time she turns the same age as other european crown princesses
Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess the "problem" is the fact, that she is dating this guy for about 5-6 years and nothing happened so far. I guess many ppl have the feeling, and have seen in their lives often, that very long dating doesn´t end in marriages anymore, just as not many ppl marry within 1 year up from the day they met. There seems to be an average dating time of 2-4 years. Of course there are many exceptions.
Maxima got engaged within 2 years, Letizia within 1. Victoria and Daniel are killing all statistics...that is making things confusing.
If they would get engaged soon and would marry in 2008 or 2009 (even though the thought of waiting another 2 years is so zzzzzzzz), things would be still ok. But if it would go on and would then break apart, things could get tight for Victoria. Then she would be 32 and would be on search.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Courtier

What if Victoria and Daniel already have decided to marry but maybe they or the king felt that they shouldn´t marry before she is 30? That could be the case, the King have said that he wanted his children to have turned 25 atleast when the married, but what if that was only the official story or maybe a different set of rules where given to Victoria saying that she had to have passed 30 before he would approve of a marrige. Well i belive anyway that there will be a wedding next summer - and i can´t wait.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Gentry

Regarding Victoria's long-time romance, wasn't it reported that she was waiting for him to learn to speak English?
Old 05-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Nobility

According to reports, he now speaks English. I hope they get married this year.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:48 PM
Courtier

This year? I think it is too late this year now but hopefully next year.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
It has to be next year... no birthday, no diplomat courses.

I guess that they will get engaged in october/ november and then marries in June 2008. If they dont... I doubt they will ever get married!
Old 05-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Courtier

They have been together for such a long time now, if they split up then Crown Princess Victoria will have to meet someone else, date for a while, see if the man wants to live his life in the public eye etc and that could take a couple of years. So I think they will marry in 2008 or not at all, I can't imagine them still only at the "dating stage" this time next year.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
But f the marry only 3 months after the engagement like the King and Queen they could still marry in September/October.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I guess the "problem" is the fact, that she is dating this guy for about 5-6 years and nothing happened so far. I guess many ppl have the feeling, and have seen in their lives often, that very long dating doesn´t end in marriages anymore, just as not many ppl marry within 1 year up from the day they met. There seems to be an average dating time of 2-4 years. Of course there are many exceptions.
Maxima got engaged within 2 years, Letizia within 1. Victoria and Daniel are killing all statistics...that is making things confusing.
If they would get engaged soon and would marry in 2008 or 2009 (even though the thought of waiting another 2 years is so zzzzzzzz), things would be still ok. But if it would go on and would then break apart, things could get tight for Victoria. Then she would be 32 and would be on search.
of course, I don't know what are they waiting for. They love each other. There is no another choice than wedding. They can't be together without wedding. They have only one way
Old 05-16-2007, 03:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I see your point Lena but remember that Maxima was in her late-20s when she met WA and Letizia was in her 30s when she met Felipe. Victoria is now only a year older than Maxima was when she met WA. Perhaps she wants to wait until she is older to get married.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

I was thinking about that recently. The recent batch of crown princess have all married when in their early 30s (31-33). Victoria even has a few more years, although I don't think that Lena would stand for that.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Daniel & victoria seem to make a cute couple. I hope they do get engaged/married soon. Well who knows maybe Victoria is ready but Daniel just needs more time to thing about what he is getting into, i mean, his life is going to change, be in the media alot, is he ready for that?

anyways, has Daniel been invited by the royal family to any functions/events? As I recall he was once invited to a dinner, not quite sure what.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa
I was thinking about that recently. The recent batch of crown princess have all married when in their early 30s (31-33). Victoria even has a few more years, although I don't think that Lena would stand for that.
Actually both Mathilde and Mette-Marit was in their mid-late twentys when they married

Daniel was invited to the Kings private 60th birthday dinner, and i think to some private car race or whatever the family went to some years ago, there are also some pictures with him, Victoria , the King and Queen behind some wall, maybe at Öland. Of course this is only what the press knows about, the swedish papparazzi are not the most hardworking people in the world it seems

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships