Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to reports, he now speaks English. I hope they get married this year.

This year? I think it is too late this year now but hopefully next year.

Gita said:
It has to be next year... no birthday, no diplomat courses. :flowers:

I guess that they will get engaged in october/ november and then marries in June 2008. If they dont... I doubt they will ever get married!

They have been together for such a long time now, if they split up then Crown Princess Victoria will have to meet someone else, date for a while, see if the man wants to live his life in the public eye etc and that could take a couple of years. So I think they will marry in 2008 or not at all, I can't imagine them still only at the "dating stage" this time next year.

Gita said:

But f the marry only 3 months after the engagement like the King and Queen they could still marry in September/October.

Lena said:
I guess the "problem" is the fact, that she is dating this guy for about 5-6 years and nothing happened so far. I guess many ppl have the feeling, and have seen in their lives often, that very long dating doesn´t end in marriages anymore, just as not many ppl marry within 1 year up from the day they met. There seems to be an average dating time of 2-4 years. Of course there are many exceptions.
Maxima got engaged within 2 years, Letizia within 1. Victoria and Daniel are killing all statistics...that is making things confusing. :wacko:
If they would get engaged soon and would marry in 2008 or 2009 (even though the thought of waiting another 2 years is so zzzzzzzz), things would be still ok. But if it would go on and would then break apart, things could get tight for Victoria. Then she would be 32 and would be on search.

of course, I don't know what are they waiting for. They love each other. There is no another choice than wedding. They can't be together without wedding. They have only one way

Lena said:
I guess the "problem" is the fact, that she is dating this guy for about 5-6 years and nothing happened so far. I guess many ppl have the feeling, and have seen in their lives often, that very long dating doesn´t end in marriages anymore, just as not many ppl marry within 1 year up from the day they met. There seems to be an average dating time of 2-4 years. Of course there are many exceptions.
Maxima got engaged within 2 years, Letizia within 1. Victoria and Daniel are killing all statistics...that is making things confusing. :wacko:
I see your point Lena but remember that Maxima was in her late-20s when she met WA and Letizia was in her 30s when she met Felipe. Victoria is now only a year older than Maxima was when she met WA. Perhaps she wants to wait until she is older to get married.

I was thinking about that recently. The recent batch of crown princess have all married when in their early 30s (31-33). Victoria even has a few more years, although I don't think that Lena would stand for that.;)

Daniel & victoria seem to make a cute couple. I hope they do get engaged/married soon. Well who knows maybe Victoria is ready but Daniel just needs more time to thing about what he is getting into, i mean, his life is going to change, be in the media alot, is he ready for that?

anyways, has Daniel been invited by the royal family to any functions/events? As I recall he was once invited to a dinner, not quite sure what.

Alisa said:
I was thinking about that recently. The recent batch of crown princess have all married when in their early 30s (31-33). Victoria even has a few more years, although I don't think that Lena would stand for that.;)
Actually both Mathilde and Mette-Marit was in their mid-late twentys when they married

Daniel was invited to the Kings private 60th birthday dinner, and i think to some private car race or whatever the family went to some years ago, there are also some pictures with him, Victoria , the King and Queen behind some wall, maybe at Öland. Of course this is only what the press knows about, the swedish papparazzi are not the most hardworking people in the world it seems;)

Larzen said:
Actually both Mathilde and Mette-Marit was in their mid-late twentys when they married

I know, I said the "recent batches" not all of them. ;)

I just don't want to see Victoria marry whenever she becomes queen. Let's announce already! By the time she and her counterparts are queen and kings, she'll probably be just starting making babies where as their's are maybe pre-teens? Stop horsing around and get engaged!

Victoria and Daniel's relationship

As the discussion as to Victoria and Daniel's future plans isn't as much a current event at the moment, as something not-a-current-event-but-shouldn't-really-be-one-soon?, the Swedish moderators have decided to open a new thread dedicated to discussing the state of Victoria and Daniel's relationship. We do this as it is taking over current events thread, and we feel that as it is a topic in itself, it deserves its own thread.

Note: Discussion of what the king and queen might think about Daniel - can be done here.

Discussion of Daniel's potential title, if they should decide to marry, can be found here.

As always - the rules.

Have a good time.

Last edited:
I really hope that Victoria and Daniel will enter the church together in accordance with Swedish tradition! (Silvia And Carl Gustaf did it that way, right?)

Cissan said:
I really hope that Victoria and Daniel will enter the church together in accordance with Swedish tradition! (Silvia And Carl Gustaf did it that way, right?)
I dont know if that is swedish tradition but imo its the best way. A woman isnt someones "property" and when the father "gives her" to the man she is about to marry atleast I get those vibes :)
The whole stay-virgin-until-marriage issue isnt so modern either (in Sweden that is. ofcourse it might be different in other countries)

I hope Daniel and Victoria will walk down the aisle together whenever that might be :bang:

Well, it´s not, that daddy would sign a release declaration at the altar...and would get a bar of gold for it ;)
I like this tradition. It´s so romantic. The groom is waiting nervously at the altar, later seeing the dress for the very first time. The bride comes alone out of the car or carriage (and in the case of a princess, the ppl get their first view on the dress...not "distracted" by any groom) and the person, who took care of her for many years is with her, ready to accompany her into a new stage of life.
Hm, maybe I´m just so fond of this, because I´m the prototype of a "daddy´s girl" :rolleyes:

Well, but Silvia and Carl Gustaf walked together...that´s true. And actually I should know that (having seen the pics and all) *coughing* :ermm: So then the same for Victoria and Daniel would be likely.
And with all the rumours, advisors would maybe suggest for the king to sit on a bench and to wait. If he would walk his daughter, he maybe wouldn´t be able to "give" her to this creature, taking his "baby" :p ;)

Oh Yennie, how glad I´m to see this lil´buddy ":bang:" in your post. When even patient and cool Yennie starts so desperately wanting a wedding, it can only mean, that things are progressing :p ;)

Last edited:
It would be a good idea to announce the engagement early next year and set the wedding-day to Saturday May 24 the date Crown Prince Frederik of Denamrk and Victorias role model Princess Ingrid married in Storkyrkan in Stockholm 1935.

Victoria and Daniel will walk together in the church. That´s the tradition in the swedish church (svenska kyrkan).
The King and the Queen and Daniels parents will walk in to the church and take their seats just before the bells start ringing and the organ start playing the march.
Daniel and Victoria will not arrive together. He will arrive before Victoria but wait for her in the weaponhouse. Then they will walk together, just as Haakon and Mette-Marit did.

The late Archbishop Olof Sundby can marry them in his heaven :D
He died in 1996 but turned down as Archbishop in 1983 !
The current Archbishop in the swedish church is Anders Wejryd.

I guess the commission to design Victorias dress will go to a yong unknown swedish designer or maybe our star-designer Lars Nilsson.
Hofully not Lars Wallin or Per Engsheden !

But first of all Victoria will celebrate her 30:th birthay this year. I can´t imagine that something between Victoria and Daniel will happen before that and nor at the party.

I have no idea about if Daniel will continue with his gyms sfter the wedding or not. He can but I agree with Lena, hopefully he wouldn´t and altogether go on with the royal duties together with Victoria.

I also think he will be a Prince but not a Duke.

But isn´t the weather in Sthlm still a little unsteady in May (?) Weather-wise you seem to have mostly sunny weather around the middle of August.
Then also the ppl would be back from their summer vacation.

But of course this would mean, that the engagement season would be very long...annoyingly long. I go for an short engagement time (after all these years), so I would guess, if they would marry in late summer, then they wouldn´t get engaged until the mid of spring :nonono:

So you don´t think, that this time, Daniel would sit in the audience of Borgholm´s stadium?
So I´d better place some pillows around my notebook, so that it would survive the headbanging, if it would become true :bang: I remember, how we believed last year this rumour, that he would be there...and then it was wrong :rolleyes:

That with bishop Sundby was really a very big faux pas. Silvia and Carl Gustaf married 31 years ago. Usually Bishops are quite old, when they take office. So the chance, that he would be still alive and active was quite small ;)
I could imagine, that Bishop Caroline Krook would be present as well. She already seems to be friendly with the potential groom.
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/5694/krooklz8.jpg

It is a little bit colder in may but not to cold for a beautiful wedding. It is 20-25 degrees and the total days with sun is not less than august.
You´re right, it is an higher temperature in august but the engagement-period would eventually be very long with an august-wedding.

They are also looking for a traditional-date when the heir apparent in the family are going to marry and the only date next year (offcourse on a saturday) when it has been a family-wedding before is Fredriks and Ingrids wedding-date 24th May. But offcourse, it can be another date to.
Saturday 7th June would be good. It is the national-day here the 6th June so it would be a national party two days long.
Carl Gustafs and Silvias 19th June is on a thursday next year so we can forget this date.

No I´m pretty sure that Daniel will "only" be att the private parties at Borgholm this year to. Offcourse he can be somewhere in the public with friends but not together with the royal family.

Caroline Krook is a friend of the royal-family and the King has said that he like her so I think it is possible that she will marry them together with the archbishop who is the traditional family-dean.

Last edited:
Hans-Rickard said:
They are also looking for a traditional-date when the heir apparent in the family are going to marry and the only date next year (offcourse on a saturday) when it has been a family-wedding before is Fredriks and Ingrids wedding-date 24th May. But offcourse, it can be another date to.
Saturday 7th June would be good. It is the national-day here the 6th June so it would be a national party two days long.
Carl Gustafs and Silvias 19th June is on a thursday next year so we can forget this date.
I must say, that the idea with the national day crossed my mind too. A glittering wedding could maybe help this somewhat "neglected" day a bit. With being refered to a happening very far back in history and with even having not been a holiday (helgdag) for many years, it surely could need some "help"
And if the worst case scenario of a wedding in 2009 would happen, June 6th even would be a Saturday :ermm:

No I´m pretty sure that Daniel will "only" be att the private parties at Borgholm this year to. Offcourse he can be somewhere in the public with friends but not together with the royal family.

Well, probably you are right. And actually it´s also kind of an awkward uncontrollable situation. Maybe one of the hosts or artists would go a bit over the top and would do a strange statement, gesture or whatever.
And as it seems the chance for the birthday being like her 25th, with many foreign Royal guests and her best friends is quite small (gah, isn´t hard to imagine that back then Daniel was already around and met all these Royal ppl at the private party :bang: ) Without her best friends, also Daniel being there can be pretty much excluded. But one can always hope, that he would sit in the second or third row with them. :rolleyes:

I am really wanting her to get married!

They will marry when they are ready. I for one am glad they are taking their time to get to know and understand each other a wedding is one day a marriage is for life.
icon7.gif

i agree seto, it shows intelligence and common sense taking their time before such a big step. victoria is going to be queen, she has to be very careful and get it right, she doesn't really have the option of a divorce imo.

Yes, they could marry in 2070...and if then one 2 years later would die from a weak heart, the surviving one could at least say, that they led a happy marriage without divorce :p

Well, I´m getting your point, but at the same time not.
Their complete relationship would change with a marriage. This test-driving would work perfectly for a nurse and a public servant in a 9-5 job...and if we would take the Swedish model maybe already with a kid together. Then they could see, how things work out. And after they had married, they would still have the nurse job and the 9-5 job and their "training in advance" might have been helpful.

Victoria and Daniel are dating for at least 5.5 years...I don´t think, that you can speak there of "the stranger in my bed" anymore :rolleyes:
I´m truly convinced, that test-driving isn´t the reason for the delay anymore.
On the one hand I´m thinking, that Daniel is still all into his businesses, on the other hand I think Victoria is quite happy with their little golf course-spa-bed relationship. Well, if I´m right, good for her and of course she should enjoy it as long as she can (and as long as the red little biological clock warning lights wouldn´t blink), but in 2 more years, she still wouldn´t know, how the life with Daniel as prince consort would be.
And maybe his fears would have just grown and he would hit the road without ever having tried, if it could satisfy him.
If the basics would be there, and after 2000 days, they should know that, I´d rather cut the bait, instead of waiting and taking a risk. Sometimes one has to force happiness upon someone.

Newest theory of a german rag
The co-investors of the Brazil hotel project just wanna have Daniel in the boat, because of his Royal PR connections. So they want him to finally marry Victoria...and that soon. So Daniel should press Victoria and the court to walk down the aisle and as first sign, he wants to be finally allowed to participate in the Öland birthday show.

Tja, I´m beaten...they have even more fantasy than me...and the ppl with the "test driving theories" :D Of course I´d be more than delighted, if he would be there...would make the whole-somewhat embarrassing show-a lot more interesting...:rolleyes:

I would love to see them marry. However only when they are both ready. I do not think they should marry only to satisfy her future subjects or the rest of the world!

Wouldn't Daniel be giving up his carreer when he marries the crownprinces? All the other prince-consorts in the past certainly did.

Yes, they could marry in 2070...and if then one 2 years later would die from a weak heart, the surviving one could at least say, that they led a happy marriage without divorce
tongue.gif
Now I don't want you to freak out but remember a certain Lilian and Bertil.... perhaps Victoria wants to continue the family tradition ;). It wuld be a nice excuse to see Daniel dancing the Can Can or something simular too (didn't Lilian start out as a dancer/entertainer in a nightclub?

Marengo said:
Wouldn't Daniel be giving up his carreer when he marries the crownprinces? All the other prince-consorts in the past certainly did.
I guess, it surely would be adviced to give the more active part as gym manager up...and I hope someone told him that. Daniel Collert told once, that it was said to him, he could work then (as Royal) with documentaries etc. I guess this surely wouldn´t have worked out in the end.
But probably Daniel still could be investor. Somewhere he has to invest the money, he would get from the sold gyms (or the profit) I just hope, some wise ppl would advice him not to concentrate only on one project...as e.g. this hotel project. This could be quite a disaster and that the king isn´t doing with his private fortune either...

Now I don't want you to freak out but remember a certain Lilian and Bertil.... perhaps Victoria wants to continue the family tradition ;). It wuld be a nice excuse to see Daniel dancing the Can Can or something simular too (didn't Lilian start out as a dancer/entertainer in a nightclub?

:ohmy: :lol: Don´t suggest such ideas to them...but at least it wouldn´t be 2070 then, but 2034...and with frozen embryos, one could still try it with a heir ;)
I´m not sure, if Lilian was a dancer, I just know, that they met at a cocktail party.
Yes, Daniel doing a bit of "dirty dancing"...very nice idea (and imo the movie is so fitting for their story) :D
---> Carmex

Last edited:
Surly the Lilian and Bertil comparrison is not a good one, their delay was I guess mostly bound in his extreme sense of duty, and it cost them having any children of their own.
Lena said:
Yes, Daniel doing a bit of "dirty dancing"...very nice idea (and imo the movie is so fitting for their story) :D
---> Carmex

:ROFLMAO: :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

The comparison with Bertil and Lilian wasn't one I meant seriously :)

-
The dirty-dancing thing is rather hilarious Lena, I think everybody once saw such a person at a wedding.

-
As far as his carreer goes: I agree with you (Lena) that he probably will be allowed to keep investing but it will all be under strict control by the palace, as one can not afford a financial scandal. The investing will be a small part of his life as a prince (if he will ever marry Victoria of course), and I actually even expect that he will be pushed to leave it to the financial aexperts that work for the family.

Well, I'd like to give my two cents regarding this topic.

I have to admit this story is a total mystery to me. They are dating for over 5 years now and I think after such a long time you should have taken your decision, CP or not. What are they waiting for? In normal life I would say if you haven't taken the decision to get seriously involved by now (shown by engagement or marriage announcement) you will never do and either stay together just as partners (no option for Victoria though) or you split up.

Why don't they marry? No idea. Don't think there are deeper reasons such as the Kings don't like him and so on - why should they allow them to live together in Drottningholm? IMO they look very intimate and comfortable with each other. If it's sort of staying with him until someone better comes along Victoria is playing a dangerous game. At the end of the day she'll be Queen and one of her duties is to give birth to more than one child. I know she's still quite young but who knows if everything goes after plan if she'll wait a few more years?

To be honest, I would have expected her to be more decisive regarding decisions that are most important for her private life. Hope this won't give a bad reflection on how she'll handle some things one day as Queen.

To give a nice finish, IMO Victoria is one of the most charming and competent heirs to the throne of the "waiting" generation :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom