The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Courtier

I like Daniel's new spectacles. I think there will not be a wedding this year between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel but definitely next year if not they will never marry.

Old 03-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
I like Daniel's new spectacles. I think there will not be a wedding this year between Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel but definitely next year if not they will never marry.
Totally agree. And I think most of us in sweden who are interested about that think so.
Personally I vote for next year because it hasn´t been a statement from the palace yet about an eventual engagement. The rest of the year victoria is very busy so I don´t think she has the time over to a wedding.
And im sorry to say it but it looks like she is not interested to marry either.
But who knows? A winter wedding? No I don´t think so but it would be great.
It looks like we have to wait one year more.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Courtier

I seriously doubt a winter wedding because of the weather. Either a spring or summer 2008 wedding, if they are not married by September 2008 then they will never marry in my opinion.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Aristocracy

Why do people say if CP Victoria and Daniel are not marry next year, then they will never marry? Why the marriage has to be held next year but not in 2009 or in 2010? What is so special about the year of 2008? She can marry at age 36 and still have children at age 40. Many women in recent years choose to marry in their mid 30s or early 40s. I don't understand why people have so much fuss about her marriage. Thanks for answering my questions!
Old 03-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer
Why do people say if CP Victoria and Daniel are not marry next year, then they will never marry? Why the marriage has to be held next year but not in 2009 or in 2010? What is so special about the year of 2008? She can marry at age 36 and still have children at age 40. Many women in recent years choose to marry in their mid 30s or early 40s. I don't understand why people have so much fuss about her marriage. Thanks for answering my questions!
Yes, exactly...they can also marry in 2013...she can bring him to even more public duties, and he can give more interviews, and they can kiss everytime they spot a camera...who cares about protocol and traditions. Ppl eat everything anyway...so why should you be so stupid to marry and to live a life together, when it´s so much more fun to sneak to your boyfriend´s apartment after being done with your work. So much more exciting than sharing a bed for 365 days a year. And as long as the tax payers stick a few million SEK up to your **** every year, things don´t matter.

So the thing, why some ppl believe, that they would never marry, if not in 2008, is, that they are still believing, that Victoria is following traditions...and that the alleged signals, they have sent, had to mean something.
But as things are at the moment Victoria has noted a long time ago, that ppl forgive&accept everything...she has the naked toddler bonus from the 70ties, and as long as she is laughing, when knocking over a pole, everything is fine. And if though a republican wind would blow in lille Sverigeland, she could always tell about herself being so nervous, doing her very best for the country and even about never giving up the throne for love. Yes, she has learned a great deal of cousin Frederik*

Sorry, it´s St. Cynism day here...give me some sugar

*In all fairness one though has to say, that her working ethics are better.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:38 AM
Gentry

Wow, harsh words, but I agree with you. I think they should really make it now...
Old 03-25-2007, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

The court is now definitely excluding a wedding for 2007
Serie of articles (On Daniel...marrying in summer and if one can expect Monarchs at a wedding...and the court´s opinion)
Hovet: det blir inget bröllop - Nyheter - Expressen

One pic of the picture show, I´ve stored on IS, because it´s interesting...Daniel as boy
ImageShack - Hosting :: rotznasehh9.jpg
Old 03-25-2007, 08:09 AM
Courtier

So what do others think about a wedding? They marry in 2008 or not at all? Or could they even marry in 2009 or later?

I think they will be married by August 2008.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Nobility

I really wish Victoria so called "female happpiness"- husband and kids But it is her business to decide when to get married, I think
Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Yes it is her business you are right I was asking what do posters here think? When will her and Daniel marry?
Old 03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Well who can be sure that the court is informed about all things? Maybe Victoria will marry quite fast if she might get accidently pregnant :)
Old 03-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Well who can be sure that the court is informed about all things? Maybe Victoria will marry quite fast if she might get accidently pregnant :)
How about unmarried but with issue CPss/Queen Regnant?
Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it's time for Victoria and Daniel to apply themselves to that age-old proverb, "..... or get off the pot."

I mean, really now. They've been together for what, 5 years? Sure they shouldn't rush things, as the marriage of the future monarch is serious business. However if in 5 years they don't know whether they want to be married to each other or not, they will never know. She's turning 30 this July, and while women much older than that have had children, it's something she should be thinking about.

I agree with the posters who have said that if they aren't married by 2008, they won't be married at all.

(and just so no mod thinks I'm trying to get around cussing, the dots in the quote aren't meant to bleep out the word, just to start the quote from the word "or")
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
How about unmarried but with issue CPss/Queen Regnant?
AFAIK the act of succession says something about legitimate offspring.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Nobility

Six years is a long time to get to know each other... Something has to happend soon.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Gentry

I don't think that there will be a wedding this year...but next year it isn't also "possible" because Victoria turns 30 and there will surely be a big party for her and i don't think that they would like to have two big events in a short time.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
Six years is a long time to get to know each other... Something has to happend soon.

I completely agree. If after all this time, they don't know yet whether they want to get married.....they should pursue other interests. It's not fair to keep dating when neither one of you know what you want out of the future. If they had only been dating a year, that would be different. Most people don't know that soon if they want to marry the person they're with. But six years? One would think that that's a sufficient amount of time.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I completely agree. If after all this time, they don't know yet whether they want to get married.....they should pursue other interests. It's not fair to keep dating when neither one of you know what you want out of the future. If they had only been dating a year, that would be different. Most people don't know that soon if they want to marry the person they're with. But six years? One would think that that's a sufficient amount of time.
I can see where you all are coming from, but maybe they already know that they are getting married and they are waitting, for some reason that is known only or important to them, to let the rest of the world know. (IMO)
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby86
I can see where you all are coming from, but maybe they already know that they are getting married and they are waitting, for some reason that is known only or important to them, to let the rest of the world know. (IMO)

That very well might be. I just think that if they were going to be wed, it either would have been announced/happened by now. Just a gut feeling I have. I'd love to proved wrong, because I love royal weddings.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordishbynature
I don't think that there will be a wedding this year...but next year it isn't also "possible" because Victoria turns 30 and there will surely be a big party for her and i don't think that they would like to have two big events in a short time.
Next year there is no major celebrations. Last year the King turned 60 and this year Victoria will be 30 so probably alot of focus will be on that...

But an engagement this fall and a summer 2008 wedding is a possibility (and a must imo!), if not I think they both have to move on

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships