The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
It was just nonsense talk about Crown Princess Victoria waiting and waiting to marry. Then she will be 'too old for children'.

The girl is just 26. Just nonsense talk indeed.

Today even 60 year old ladies can have a children so...

We should really to stop talk about this. Her mother was almost 34 when she had gave birth Victoria.

Btw. Victoria is almost 30.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Btw. Victoria is almost 30.

You are right, I switched her for Princess Madeleine.

Old 02-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
You are right, I switched her for Princess Madeleine.

Henri M. my dear Madeleine is going to 25. She is year younger that me.

Btw. maybe she should have children right now before someone'll say that she is too old for it?
how it is right now with her sister.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Yes, it is true, both are still very young, no reason to panic.
But it doesn't make sense either to say, all the crown princes married very late, she should do the same. Philippe married with 39, but he can have children with 46 , for Victoria that would be too late, I believe ( though of course not impossible).
I agree, the discussion now does not make a lot of sense, in 10 years maybe it is different.
BTW I don't think she wants to plan on having children with 60
Old 02-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Courtier

I think Crown Princess Victoria will only start to worry if she is not married by the age of 34 about having children. Obviously it is not something which she is worrying excessively about just yet.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Smile

They will announce it when they are ready there doesn't seem to be any rush. Her mother was in her thirties when she married. Imo opinion I'm glad they are taking their time and getting to know each. Marriage isn't easy and for them it will be much harder.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Courtier

Why should they care about King Haralds birthday if they want to marry?
Old 03-10-2007, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Translated blog Entry of Jenny Alexandersson, who is reporter at Svensk Damtidning and who also has her blog there
Jenny Alexandersson - Svensk Damtidning
Quote:
5 Years of Happiness
In Spring 2002 we have spotted them together for the first time-Daniel and Victoria. In five years they have kept together and the relationship became only stronger. I really want to believe, that he is part of her self confidence and the happy laugh, we sometimes get to hear.

When I´ve met the Crown Princess for the first time many years ago, she was ordinary, nice and curious, yes all that she was. But she also had a soft and little shy side, which disappeared with the years nearly completely. On the one hand this is a pity, because that was very charming and it was impossible not to fall for her immediately. On the other hand this is good. One can see, that she is strong and knows, what she wants.

These days our princes and princesses need to be strong. They are all the time under the pressure of being successful, beautiful, spotless and not to do any mistakes. Who can manage that?
If Victoria is happy with Daniel, we should be about that. I´ve gotten a lot of Mail about him being not being good enough, that he isn´t good enough for her, that he isn´t smart enough...Isn´t it better to have a happy Crown Princess, who enjoys to go to the work all, than an sad and unhappy one, who doesn´t have enough strength to smile in pictures?

Firstly it is hard to believe, that we are already talking about 5 years...so about 1800 days
Secondly Miss Alexandersson is adressing one of the eternal topics in Royal watcher-land.
As someone, who can even understand the somewhat unpopular opinions on equal primogeniture being wrong, I´m also understanding or not completely supporting the idea of "love" being the only or main reason for a marriage between a Royal and a commoner.
If one is looking at ordinary couples the love part seems so ephemeral, that one is wondering, why things should be so different with Royals.
And what love could stand an unhappy part, who doesn´t get along with being in the shadow or with being less popular?
But of course marrying completely without sympathy can´t be the solution either.
And I´m seriously wondering, what ppl, that are, who write to Svensk Damtidning about their negative feelings towards Daniel Westling

I think her observations about Victoria´s public personality are quite interesting as well...and I´m agreeing. This somewhat little shyness and insecurity was very charming...and it helped to try different things. These days she seems so stuck. A true professional, one could say...and probably this is coming with the years...and though I´m missing the "old" Victoria a bit

Any opinions? "I want Victoria being happy" doesn´t count!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Hi whats this article about? Viktoria is engaged now?
Storspel på en förlovning i år - Fredag - Expressen
Old 03-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Hi whats this article about? Viktoria is engaged now?
Storspel på en förlovning i år - Fredag - Expressen
It´s just about Swedes betting on an engagement. Now you would get more money, if you would go for "no engagement" and if you would be right (as you maybe remember it was different in 2005 and 2006)
The relation for the payouts is 1.65 (engagement in 2007) to 2.10 (no engagement in 2007)

Many had thought,there would be an engagement on the 12th of March...so yesterday (Very symbolic date...31 years ago Victoria´s parents got engaged and it´s her nameday...and this one is based on the engagement date of Queen Viktoria and King Gustaf V...They got engaged on the 12th of March 1881 and in 1882 the 12th of March was chosen as nameday for "Viktoria")

Well, it didn´t happen...Nina Eldh (Head of the Royal press department) said yesterday in the morning to Expressen:
--There is absolutely no sign indicating an soon engagement. That it would happen today is excluded. Her parents are on a private trip abroad and an engagement would be then strange.

Does sound, as if we could burry now all hopes for an engagement in spring and wedding in summer. And since I´m pretty sure, that Victoria would marry in summer, one could also exclude a wedding for whole 2007...sigh.
Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Let's hope there will be a spring or summer 2008 wedding! I hope we are all not sat here this time next year saying the same thing, "No wedding this year, hopefully there will be one in 2009!"
Old 03-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Nobility

I know I don't want to wait anymore. I want an engagemant like this year.

Daniel Westling stop being scared and ask her already.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Courtier

Only because she didn´t get engaged the same day her parents or other relatives did needn´t mean that she won´t get engaged this year at all. I find it next to silly to get engaged or marry the same day your parents did. It´s the same silly discussion going around with William marrying Kate on the 29th of July. Since we know how this marriage ended if I were William I would never ever marry on that date....
The date should be your very special own and not a copy of another one.
I still believe that an engagement of Victoria´s this year could be possible.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
I know I don't want to wait anymore. I want an engagemant like this year.

Finally a reaction, I´m considering as appropriate

Quote:
Let's hope there will be a spring or summer 2008 wedding! I hope we are all not sat here this time next year saying the same thing, "No wedding this year, hopefully there will be one in 2009!"
Oh yes...hopefully not! Message of this video is, that there will be a wedding in summer 2008 and an engagement in spring of the same year. But they (Andreas Utterström, author, who is writing currently a book on Victoria and Daniel, and Historian& Royalty Expert Herman Lindqvist) are thinking, that the engagement time wouldn´t be very long. So that it´s possible, that we would wait from October 2007-May 2008 for an engagement
I would have liked the tradition with the parents engagement and the nameday...after all the King and Queen also got engaged at the engagement day of relatives. But I´m hoping, that Victoria and Daniel wouldn´t follow the tradition of just having an engagement time of 3 months. I could be wrong and with a future prince consort things could be different, but to me the average 8 months of engagement time, they other heirs of this generation had chosen, made perfectly sense...
The idea of choosing the 19th of June as wedding day, I´m though not so fond of. Even though the marriage of their Majesties can be surely considered as more successful than the one of Charles and Diana...

http://www.aftonbladet.se/atv2/popup...heter/0703/846
Old 03-14-2007, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.C. Fanatic
Wouldn't she have to be the one to ask him (formally)?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
Wouldn't she have to be the one to ask him (formally)?
No...they can choose, how they would want it (so who would ask first) but he is supposed to ask her father and the government should agree. But the later thing isn´t directly something, that is in the hands of Daniel. So he won´t call the prime minister "Can I marry, Vickan?" And actually there is also no reason, that he would be rejected (this would practically only happen to criminal candidates...)
And that with the father is of course depending from their general relationship. One would think after so many years the king would have signalised to Daniel, if he would accept him as son-in-law or not.
So there is no rule saying, that she should propose to him (because she is the crown princess...the whole thing is meant to be about love...and not so much about the "reason of state")

As I´m getting it, Daniel is also the one, who is supposed to hold a speech at the wedding (and not Victoria) Of course it could be, that Victoria would go modern...but I don´t think so.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
Courtier

Why should Daniel hold a speech?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Why should Daniel hold a speech?
Tradition...Haakon held one on Mette Marit, Frederik on Mary and Ari Behn on Märtha Louise.
Some "ordinary" couples are choosing to do both a speech, or only the father of the bride would do one...or there would be no speeches at all...but in general, it is surely most common, that the groom and the parents of the bride and groom are doing a little speech at a wedding banquet.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Courtier

why not the prince or the princes who marries?
Old 03-19-2007, 01:26 AM
Aristocracy

Personally, I think that Victoria needs to either marry Daniel or move on by really the next year.

Women have less child bearing years than men, and while she's going to be 30, I highly doubt in her position she wants to have a rushed marriage with someone.

IMO one of her primary responsibilties to Sweden is to give a heir to the throne, if not its totally possible Carl-Phillipe will be king after all or one of his kids (if he has them)

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships