Articles with photos of Victoria and Daniel:
Billed-Bladet/Svenske Victoria sender bryllupssignaler
Se og hor/KRONPRINSESSE VICTORIA: HAVDE KÆRESTEN MED
This is funny, B.T. writes that Victoria brought her NEW love to the wedding:
B.T./Victorias nye kæreste

Swedish newspapers:
Aftonbladet/Victoria och Daniel på 40-årsfest
Expressen/Här spexar Victoria med Daniel och kronprinsparet
Director of the Information and Press Department at the Royal Court, Nina Eldh, said that this was strictly private trip to Victoria.

More photos at the Danish board on the thread of Crown prince Frederik´s birthday.

Old 06-02-2008, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
Oh I look forward to the speculation, it will provide me with some much needed entertainment.
Me, too!

One thought: why is it all the world concentrates on Victoria's age and planned schedules when there are two in this relationship. Maybe Victoria and Daniel have decided that he has a deadline and that, once this deadline is reached, he must have wrapped up his businesses to marry her or leave her? For me this makes more sense than the other way round (biological clock etc.)

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Whatever the background / forthcoming events / speculations about Daniel's appearance I am glad that Victoria brought him along. They are together for five years plus now, right, means he belongs there. I am sure he has been sharing these relations / friendships etc with her for a long time already but it's the first visible proof that he's included as a partner.

In terms of speculations, my personal opinion is that they will get engaged soon, bringing him along is one of the many many little steps to establish Daniel as future consort (AT LEAST I HOPE SO )
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Aristocracy

It's a little sad that everyone over looks his age, poor Daniel. Guys can have kids when ever the like but that doesn't mean that all of them want to start having kids in there mid 40's. Just felt like pointing that out. And just because you start hearing bells doesn't mean its wedding bells, it could just be your alarm clock.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
It's a little sad that everyone over looks his age, poor Daniel. Guys can have kids when ever the like but that doesn't mean that all of them want to start having kids in there mid 40's. Just felt like pointing that out. And just because you start hearing bells doesn't mean its wedding bells, it could just be your alarm clock.
hahaha, you're quite right, maybe it is our alarm clocks I prefer to think its wedding bells though, I hate when the alarm goes off.
But seriously though, it would be nice if they could finally get married. They've know each other long enough to know they want to be together. I really think these 2 deserve a georgeous wedding and a happy life together, without Victoria having to "hide" Daniel at home!
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I dunno, what to make out of it. It had a private character and the party was now not overly "classy" and "Royal". The Royal of the Royals aka Queen Margrethe was e.g. not present.
For Daniel there is still a save way out (and we have seen that with e.g. Eva Sannum or Emily Bremers...who were guests at big happenings with Royals as well)
But they are 6.5 years together...and are indeed not getting younger. I am with lilnana...also for Daniel it can´t be attractive to be an "old daddy" (but that being a father seems in general attractive to him, I am believing)

Getting up at night or staying up all night and most of all recovering from it, doesn´t get easier with the years. I am already noting that at mid20 (at 18 this was sooo much easier) And I am also noting, that many guys have something like a "biological clock". Most reject the idea of being a first time father at 45.

2009 would be in many ways ideal for a wedding...no important jubilees, no big sports events, June 6 would be a Saturday, the bridge in front of the Royal palace would be restored (usually the folket stands on it at big happenings). So I guess a wedding is "vaguely" planned for it...but of course Daniel could break out...or something could end their relationship...

So in other words I am pretty much clueless. If Daniel would also accompany her to princess Eleonore´s baptism...and would sit in the second row at Borgholm on July 14, I´d be pretty sure, that there would be an engagement until Christmas. But Frederik´s party alone is no real "sign" for me...
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel och Victoria. Äntligen!/Jenny Alexandersson´s blog/Svensk Damtidning

Kungen sa ja till Daniel Westling/The King said yes to Daniel Westling/Expressen
According to Expressen, Victoria asked permission from the King, and the King said yes. And Daniel could go with Victoria to the birthday party of crown prince Frederik.
- This was very well planned and directed, tells a source.
- For Frederik and the others at the danish Royal Family it was not so peculiar, they have met him already many times. But this time it was an official party. Victoria knew that they would be seen by the media from the whole Europe, tells the source of Expressen.
-Daniel was included to Victoria´s invitation. Victoria had three choices: to go alone, or smuggle Daniel to the party or to go wide openly with Daniel. She chose the last alternative.
- Victoria decided to speak with the King. She knew that it would get a lot of attention. The King had nothing against this. He has accepted Daniel a long time ago. The King sees him as the future husband of his daughter.

Hovexperten: Ett bröllop är närä/The wedding is close/TV4
Old 06-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Hide Daniel? Well she can't just keep him behind a curtain or something. I still think theres plenty of time to get married and have a family, they don't have to get married just yet if they don't want/ready to (as much as I want to see a wedding). I was just pointing out that everyone only talks about her running out of time when hes a few years older and since this topic is about both of them why leave him out of all fun?
I have to take back what I said, that isn't your alarm clock you hear, its your cuckoo clock trying to tell you something. Cuckoo Cuckoo.
Or if it's a Christmas engagement maybe something more alone the lines of this? and just to make sure its clear, I'm just kidding (mostly).
Old 06-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Nobility

Daniel at Frederik's party

On Danish Royal Watchers, there is a photo of Daniel with Victoria at Frederik's 40th birthday with Haakon and Mette Marit. Is this significant?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:20 AM

I don't know much about Daniel but from the little I have read and seen of him........ I mean to say, so far I cannot say I am much impressed, nor that I hope he marries Victoria. I rather hope she will wait and....... well, if she loves him, and it's meant to be, it will be, but I would like to see her wait and not settle just now. It's hard for me to see her with Daniel because she is so........ What I want to say I cannot say because it is not "correct".
I can say for sure that I hope she waits. Please, let her be patient, not rush. There is no reason to rush. 30, 31 is not old and not a requisite age to be married, no matter how much society wants us to believe such an age for a woman to be single to be a wrong thing. It's a lie.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

they have been dating in 5 years - is it rush?
I don't like the impression Daniel made on me. but Victoria loves him, if she's dating him for so long time. so, I wish them to be together.

for the first time Victoria and daniel were on the party abroad. it means something I think
Old 06-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Actually even 6-7 years
Old 06-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Aftonbladet/Så ska Daniels kungarike växa
Daniel Westling has big plans for his business. He and his partners will open up a new gym in Solna, just outside Stockholm. They plan to open one or two new gyms every year.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Aristocracy

What don't you like about him? I honestly think it must be harder on the guys to be in that position then it is for women. You don't have to be in love with the guy, just Victoria does. He may not have been the smartest kid in the class, but most people aren't and I don't think thats enough to dislike someone. If he makes her happy then isn't that the best thing you could ask for her to find in someone? In six years he has yet to cause any major scandal, and no dark past stuff has come out so I take that as a good sign. It's better she gets married to someone she's in love with that will make her happy, then her try to go out and find someone she thinks will win the publics approval just to end up unhappy in the long run. Isn't that what happened in England and we all know how that ended up? It should serve as an example for other to follow.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hola about Victoria and Daniel in the birthday party:
Hola!/LA PRESENTACIÓN EN SOCIEDAD DE DANIEL WESTLING ANTE LAS CORTES REALES DE EUROPA 'REVOLUCIONA' LA PRENSA SUECA
Photos
Victoria looks very happy. If Daniel makes Victoria happy, then he is the perfect husband for the crown princess.

Hello!Victoria and beau Daniel take centre stage at Danish royal do
Photo
Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

If he makes her happy...
...how often have I read that in the past 5 years on TRF And somehow it still annoys me...
Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, to me it seems that Daniel is making Victoria very happy. If they want to date 10 years before getting married and King Carl Gustaf accepts it, why should it bother us?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:12 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

They are together now for 6 or 7 years and from what I recall Daniel hasn't set a foot wrong and that's an achievement. He stays calm and cool despite these engagement or wedding rumours floating around, that her parents don't like him or that he is too stupid to be a consort etc etc. I actually think that he is a very strong character and quite intelligent, at least on a social level. Victoria seems to be very happy with him and I hope they stay together and we finally get the engagement and wedding that all posters on this board are longing for, even if they don't like Daniel, because it will be one of the very few events where we will see the top class royalty coming together
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, to me it seems that Daniel is making Victoria very happy.
So it seems to me too (IMO one could see it on Saturday) But he is the one, who has to be really happy with her and the situation. Victoria is Crown Princess already and doesn´t know an other life...Daniel is the one, who has to accept things. In the stage before proposing...and later as her partner.
And IMO ppl mentioning her well-being again and again...ignoring him...are just adding more to that, what IMO would be their biggest problem in the long run...

Quote:
...and we finally get the engagement and wedding that all posters on this board are longing for, even if they don't like Daniel, because it will be one of the very few events where we will see the top class royalty coming together
...and a few months later it would be pushing time for Victoria. A born crown princess giving birth would be something new and exciting. Esp. since IMO Victoria self often gives the impression of a child
Lookwise the child probably wouldn´t be a surprise as IMO mum&dad are pretty similar looking
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6981/sibrc4.jpg
Old 06-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

I agree, this has to be harder for him to adjust to, which is why I think 1- they don't have to get married yet and 2- people need to lighten up on him.

But that photo creeps me out, it looks like they both morphed into one being. And it's name is...Dantoria!

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships