Victoria and Daniel's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they have been dating in 5 years - is it rush?
I don't like the impression Daniel made on me. but Victoria loves him, if she's dating him for so long time. so, I wish them to be together.

for the first time Victoria and daniel were on the party abroad. it means something I think :cool:

Actually even 6-7 years :ninja:

What don't you like about him? I honestly think it must be harder on the guys to be in that position then it is for women. You don't have to be in love with the guy, just Victoria does. He may not have been the smartest kid in the class, but most people aren't and I don't think thats enough to dislike someone. If he makes her happy then isn't that the best thing you could ask for her to find in someone? In six years he has yet to cause any major scandal, and no dark past stuff has come out so I take that as a good sign. It's better she gets married to someone she's in love with that will make her happy, then her try to go out and find someone she thinks will win the publics approval just to end up unhappy in the long run. Isn't that what happened in England and we all know how that ended up? It should serve as an example for other to follow.

Last edited:
If he makes her happy...
...how often have I read that in the past 5 years on TRF ;) And somehow it still annoys me...

Well, to me it seems that Daniel is making Victoria very happy. If they want to date 10 years before getting married and King Carl Gustaf accepts it, why should it bother us?​

They are together now for 6 or 7 years and from what I recall Daniel hasn't set a foot wrong and that's an achievement. He stays calm and cool despite these engagement or wedding rumours floating around, that her parents don't like him or that he is too stupid to be a consort etc etc. I actually think that he is a very strong character and quite intelligent, at least on a social level. Victoria seems to be very happy with him and I hope they stay together and we finally get the engagement and wedding that all posters on this board are longing for, even if they don't like Daniel, because it will be one of the very few events where we will see the top class royalty coming together :D

Well, to me it seems that Daniel is making Victoria very happy.
So it seems to me too (IMO one could see it on Saturday) But he is the one, who has to be really happy with her and the situation. Victoria is Crown Princess already and doesn´t know an other life...Daniel is the one, who has to accept things. In the stage before proposing...and later as her partner.
And IMO ppl mentioning her well-being again and again...ignoring him...are just adding more to that, what IMO would be their biggest problem in the long run...

...and we finally get the engagement and wedding that all posters on this board are longing for, even if they don't like Daniel, because it will be one of the very few events where we will see the top class royalty coming together :D
...and a few months later it would be pushing time for Victoria. A born crown princess giving birth would be something new and exciting. Esp. since IMO Victoria self often gives the impression of a child ;)
Lookwise the child probably wouldn´t be a surprise as IMO mum&dad are pretty similar looking ;)
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6981/sibrc4.jpg :whistling:

I agree, this has to be harder for him to adjust to, which is why I think 1- they don't have to get married yet and 2- people need to lighten up on him.

But that photo creeps me out, it looks like they both morphed into one being. And it's name is...Dantoria!

its abit like the William and Kate thing really - Victoria and Daniel have been going out a long time now and if they split up we could wait years and years for her find another partner to marry and have a family. Victoria is at an age now where she needs to make up her mind for the sake of the future of the swedish royal family the clock is ticking fast

Hm, I am not seeing, how ppl should lighten up to him, if they don´t get to know him better. I think the opinions on him are these days "divided". Many are "buying" his change to a serious business man and some are seeing a slimeball and luckseeker in him. This had been pretty much the same since his makeover in early 2005. I´d guess the opinions on him wouldn´t get better, if they would date an other 2 years...

The pic was done by me ;) That´s the original
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4796/sib2lp3.jpg

Hm, I am not seeing, how ppl should lighten up to him, if they don´t get to know him better. I think the opinions on him are these days "divided". Many are "buying" his change to a serious business man and some are seeing a slimeball and luckseeker in him. This had been pretty much the same since his makeover in early 2005. I´d guess the opinions on him wouldn´t get better, if they would date an other 2 years...

The pic was done by me ;) That´s the original
http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/4796/sib2lp3.jpg

Funny pic, thank you for sharing. They both look as if they'd been married for years: same expression etc.. I wonder how their dog would look like if they had one.:D

I have a question to the Swedish house law: For a swedish royal it is not allowed to marry under class if he or she want to remain in the swedish succession. Is this law valid until now? If this law is valid until now, it has to be changed to allow Victoria after a possible marriage with Daniel to remain in succession, hasn't it?

I have a question to the Swedish house law: For a swedish royal it is not allowed to marry under class if he or she want to remain in the swedish succession. Is this law valid until now? If this law is valid until now, it has to be changed to allow Victoria after a possible marriage with Daniel to remain in succession, hasn't it?

The law of succession (successionsordningen) forbade marriages between "common man's daughter" and swedish princes until 1928 when it was changed to "swedish common man's daughter" as there were some doubts about the status of Lady Louise Mountbatten, who married the then crownprince in 1923, following her fathers renouncing of his german title during the first world war. This paragraph was removed completely when the order of succession was changed to allow female succession to the throne in 1980.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Victoria and Daniel spent last weekend in Skåne with Madeleine and Jonas Bergström.

According to Svensk Damtidning, Victoria and Daniel spent last weekend in Skåne with Madeleine and Jonas Bergström.

Is this "second hand information by strangers" (I´ve read an entry in Jenny´s blog, which doesn´t make it clear) or do they have pics etc. ?

The story is here:
Svensk Damtidning/En prinsessan i stan
There´s a photo of Madeleine and Jonas, and it says that there´s a story about the weekend in Skåne in the new Damtidning. It´s nice that Jenny has also started to write in english.

From what I read the King has to give permission for the royal to marry without losing his rights to the throne. This is how King CG married Silvia since he practically gave himself permission. There is some formality with the Swedish parliament ( I believe) to accept the future spouse.
About 3 years ago I met a lady who claimed to be very close to the Swedish Royal family and played hostess to them in the US. She was saying that Victoria will marry Daniel. Seems like the Queen is not yet convinced that he is a suitable husband for Victoria. Victoria will be 31 this summer.....

What do you think, how serious is this article? Although I am looking forward to a possible coming engagement announcement, I am careful not to believe any words in this article! If the article is serious, how long, do you think, have we to wait for an announcement?

Bunte: Abonnement – Zeitschrift

This week's BUNTE uses CP Victoria's posing in front of the Taj Mahal as cover story. The title says "Wedding postponed! Is Daniel scared of getting married or does the court block him out?"

It's a neverending story :whistling::whistling::whistling:

What do you think, how serious is this article? Although I am looking forward to a possible coming engagement announcement, I am careful not to believe any words in this article! If the article is serious, how long, do you think, have we to wait for an announcement?

A belated answer:

The story in Hello Mag. originates from the Swedish tabloid Expressen, whose reporters got a moment for themselves with CP Victoria at the paralympics in Beijing. It's fairly reliable ... for a change. Not that Victoria said much to Expressen, it was the way she said it that is interesting :)

I read the Bunte stuff too. As far as I know, they completely copied it from Aftonbladet.

Bunte: Abonnement – Zeitschrift

This week's BUNTE uses CP Victoria's posing in front of the Taj Mahal as cover story. The title says "Wedding postponed! Is Daniel scared of getting married or does the court block him out?"

It's a neverending story :whistling::whistling::whistling:
BUNTE is Germany's Gossip mag number 1.
I would never take anything serious that any of this magazines write. :D

I have nevetaken BUNTE serious. I don't even buy the magazines. I sneak look in them in the store, to see the pics!! :D

When it comes to CP Victoria and her boyfriend - quite frankly, I'm a bit fed up and bored with it all. Everything is so "secret", and nothing happens. No engagement and no wedding. Yet. And when will things happen? I've lost interrest in the Swedish monarchy. I do love CP Victoria though, but it isn't interresting anymore the whole thing about her relationship with this man. It is so much spekulation, and so many years.

I don't want to make my own spekulations here (it is against the rules too) or add what I've read in the press, I'm just bored with the whole story about them.

I always wonder how Victoria feels about this. Obviously there must be reasons that keep her from marrying (whatever those be) and the public is constantly speaking about this topic, her friends are marrying and having children. If I was her, I would feel terrible about the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom