The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Yes her parents were only engaged officially for three months but they were engaged for a couple of months privately before it became official because Queen Silvia had some sort of work commitment she wanted to finish first and an official engagement would have prevented her from doing so. I do not see why an official engagement and a wedding between Victoria and Daniel cannot be organized in three months, perhaphs with a couple of months unofficial engagement before the official one would still allow plenty of time for arrangements to be planned and implemented.

Old 12-30-2007, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

And the rest family:
Princess Margaretha, Mrs. Ambles met 1963, engagement 28 Feb 1964 and married 30 June 1964.
Princess Brigitta met 1959, engagement 15 Dec 1960 and married civil 25 May 1961 religious 31 July 1961.
Princess Desiree, Bss Silfverschiold engagement 18 Dec 1963 and married 5 June 1964.
Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson met 1961, engagemnt 1974, married 15 June 1974.
Queen Ingrid met husband 1928 (Wikipedia) , engagement ?, married 25 May 1935.
Prince Bertil met Lilian in 1943, married 7 Dec 1976.

So the time between engagemnt and married is between three to seven months.
But time before met and married is from year to more than 30 years.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Sorry, but I still find Daniel not Prince Consort material. Think of all the State Dinners and meeting with so many foreign Heads of State (etc), and Daniel still won't learn a foreign language (such as English, French, Spanish). How would you like to get stuck with him at a banquet, all he could do would be pass out his Gym Business Cards. CP Victoria could do so much better, I just wish she would find someone else that she could respect and love
Old 01-01-2008, 05:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I´ve read from Svensk Damtidning, that Daniel now speaks fluent English and the experts say that he has been well trained to be a consort. He has had some tutors, who say, that Daniel has always been a very nice man with great manners.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I´ve read from Svensk Damtidning, that Daniel now speaks fluent English and the experts say that he has been well trained to be a consort. He has had some tutors, who say, that Daniel has always been a very nice man with great manners.
Does anyone know if this is true? Or have Svensk Damtidning just wrote this to sell a story?
Old 01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

It's rather depressing...
Every 2 months there seems to appear a new "hint" for an upcoming engagement between Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling.
In the beginning every of these "hints" were so exiting and everyone heard the wedding bells ring.
Now, after another year without an engagement is over, I will not take a single "hint about a possible engagagement" serious until the Royal House announces an engagement officially.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to this story of Expressen, published 5th June 2005, Daniel Westling has had two tutors
Rådgivarna som ska göra Daniel Westling till prins /Tutors that will make Daniel Westling a prince
The tutors are/were high class directors Bernt Magnusson, 63, and Mats Jansson, 53. Magnusson was at that time chairman of Skandia and Jansson chief executive of Axel Johnson AB.
Magnusson confirmed to Expressen that Daniel was his personal trainer, but he didn´t want to say what he and Daniel talked about.
Jansson said that Daniel was a very great guy and he trained at Daniel´s gym. Either of them didn´t want to confirm that they were Daniel´s mentors.
According to this article Daniel was taking lessons in english and conversation technics.

An article at Resumé (Resumé is one of Scandinavia´s biggest business newspapers of media and marketing communication)
Westling blir prins hos JKL/Westling will be prins at JKL
According to this story, published 24th May 2006, Daniel Westling trusts JKL Group to teach him to speak with the media and understand how the media works both in Sweden and abroad. JKL Group is one of the Nordic region’s leading strategic communication advisors.
This co-operation is of course secret and the court knows nothing about it.
According to this article Daniel is taken via the garage to JKL:s office, where Anders Lindberg, one of the founders of JKL, gives him media training. Lindberg will also add Daniel´s knowledge about politics and economics.

The article says that Daniel will be invited to dinners at Lindberg´s home, where he meets people of the financing world and the government. That way Daniel can build his own network to help his future work as consort of the crown princess.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has a gallery of photos of Victoria and Daniel 2007
"Victoria´s lovely year of Love"
SVD/photos
Old 01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Royal Highness

On the Norweigen forum the television producer's NRK said that there may be a trip to Sweden for a wedding for the family
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
On the Norweigen forum the television producer's NRK said that there may be a trip to Sweden for a wedding for the family
Hmmm, but I think NRK just speculated which events the Norwegian Royals MIGHT attend in 2008 (because it is going to be such a caaalm and borning (blabla) year for them). So they said that maybe some members of the Royal House attend the wedding of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier in May.. and that the Royals would also attend a wedding in Sweden (IF there will be a wedding one day ). So, I don't know if NRK's speculations should be taken too serious...
But who knows..
maybe those guys know more then we do.
(Let's hope so^^)

Old 01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
NTB, which is a Norwegian News agency who wrote the article, and NRK is not the same thing And it was just speculation from their side, based on speculations in Swedish media.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Royal Highness

Sorry I got them mixed up! And I realise it is only speculation that is why I said there MAY be a trip to Sweden
Old 01-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Courtier

To be honest I do not think that Victoria and Daniel will marry this year (2008). I may be completely wrong of course but it is just a feeling that I have.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita View Post
To be honest I do not think that Victoria and Daniel will marry this year (2008). I may be completely wrong of course but it is just a feeling that I have.
Well, with the court and its vehement reaction on the reactions on the wink in the SVT programme, this feeling is maybe more an observation than a feeling. At least for me.
And so probably an other year with speculations would follow. And unfortunately this probably also means, that two additional things would happen
a) that Victoria wouldn´t be very relaxed as the press would be like a stable of hens with a bomb occasionally falling into it (as it e.g. happened in October with the note out of the ministry for foreign affairs)

b) that the court wouldn´t be very keen into promoting their "superstar" (surely the king is the king and wins the popularity polls, but Victoria could hardly ever go wrong and ppl had hardly ever controversial opinions on her) So I´m doubting, that there would be great trips like the ones to Australia or China. Such things are always connected to little press meetings etc. And if one doesn´t want to get wedding things adressed, such meetings are painful and don´t mean extra points for Victoria and the Royal house.

So Victoria should take her time [...] ...of course. But I guess an exciting Royal year with/through her, we can´t expect. Well, maybe a separation. As things are (or could be without an engagement until April)this would be...honestly...my favourite scenario.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Commoner

Daniel hasn't been approved by the King, he has not been participating in any offcial duties performed by CP Victoria. He isn't allowed to be seen in public with Victoria at her birthday or any celebration at all.
I hope the goverment/King disapprove of their marriage, he isn't fit for the task. He can't even run a gym. Or give him 5 more years to shape up, but if he dosen't, he will be a threat to the monarchy.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel can take part in the official duties only after they are engaged, not before. I´m sure that if the King wouldn´t approve Daniel as the consort of Victoria, the couple would have been separated long ago. The King invited Daniel to his birthday party and just a week ago the whole royal family (with Daniel, Emma and Jonas) were at a birthday party together.
I´m also sure, that if the King wouldn´t like Daniel, he wouldn´t have let her daughter and the future Queen "waste" six years of her life with a man, who wouldn´t be appropriate as a consort.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He can't even run a gym.
Please specify! There seem to be contradicting reports in the press about his qualities as Gym owner. Maybe you are knowing more/the truth (?)
Old 02-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Aristocracy

The king of Sweden isn't a medievel tyrann. He's a king for his time.

If Daniel can't run a gym then he's the perfect consort. Then he knows his only asset lies in his looks (and personality), not his brains, and he won't try to disturb the thin balance the royals walk. He'd be the perfect pretty boy for Victoria to marry.

Just as there has been so many pretty girls marrying crown princes with some mediocre carreer and no other apparent qualification than their looks and whatever features in their personality, the crown prince might like.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Daneborn, you have said it perfectly. If he is not smart, then he is perfect. The King doesn't have to worry about Daniel becoming too ambitious, or about him trying to corrupt Victoria by persuading her to do things that aren't in the best interest of the people of Sweden. As long as Victoria is happy with him, and as long as he doesn't interfere with her ability to be a good Crown Princess (and ultimately, Queen), then I think he is perfect for her. I would be more worried about an ambitious guy who was only concerned with power.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Daneborn, you have said it perfectly. If he is not smart, then he is perfect. The King doesn't have to worry about Daniel becoming too ambitious, or about him trying to corrupt Victoria by persuading her to do things that aren't in the best interest of the people of Sweden. As long as Victoria is happy with him, and as long as he doesn't interfere with her ability to be a good Crown Princess (and ultimately, Queen), then I think he is perfect for her. I would be more worried about an ambitious guy who was only concerned with power.
I hadn't given that idea any thought, but it sure does sound logical.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships