The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Courtier

Gee, I just wish CP Victoria had found someone else rather than Daniel. I've tried, I just can't see him (even in a nightmare) as a Prince Concort for such a lovely and hard working Crown Princess. He would be meeting and speaking (if he can speak English) to World Leaders.............

Old 11-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I don't like him for her, either...But the problem is that is SHE who choices her own boyfriends. She must have came here to ask us for an intelligent advice...

Vanesa.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Catarina Hurtig, who writes a lot about swedish royals, has given an interview to newspaper Arbetarbladet
Hovreportern som vet mest om Daniel och Victoria
She predicts that Victoria and Daniel will announce their engagement on the 12th of March and that the wedding will be in June.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh for petes sake. Is she a psyhic or something? Besides, only 3 months to prepare for the wedding of a future Queen? Not likely in my opinion. I am no where near being royal, and I took two years to plan my wedding!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia got engaged on the 12th of March 1976, the wedding was on the 19th of June. Maybe Catarina Hurtig thinks that if the King and Silvia could arrange the wedding on three months, also Victoria can do it. And they can plan their wedding already now.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Oh for petes sake. Is she a psyhic or something? Besides, only 3 months to prepare for the wedding of a future Queen? Not likely in my opinion. I am no where near being royal, and I took two years to plan my wedding!
I belive that the court and the royal family have been planning for Victorias wedding for years now, so they don´t need much time to plan some of the smaller plans that Victoria might want to add. But I don´t think that the engagement will happen on the same day as her parents, seems strange to me, i think it will happen sooner - i guess in Feb 2008 and wedding june or late august or september.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I belive that the court and the royal family have been planning for Victorias wedding for years now, so they don´t need much time to plan some of the smaller plans that Victoria might want to add. But I don´t think that the engagement will happen on the same day as her parents, seems strange to me, i think it will happen sooner - i guess in Feb 2008 and wedding june or late august or september.
Lets hope you´re right :)
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Aristocracy

Royal weddings are easier,you don't have to see if the church or banquet hall is booked.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

I may be the only one feeling this bit I do not think that Daniel is Husban-material.. I am not talking consort just plain old husband material. It is just my hunch..
Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Gentry

I think it is a good thing that they are not engaged yet, they need to wait until they are sure they are ready for marriage. Her father dated her mother for quite a while before they got married, and I'm sure the King would like his daughter to be very sure of her mate before she makes the commitment.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:57 PM
Gentry

I don't want to be a jerk, but hasn't anyone ever said maybe Victoria doesn't really want to get married or have kids. Not all women do... to go even further has there ever been a homosexual royal? I don't believe she is, but I really do believe she may not want to get married. I know people want her to get married, but now things are different. The other thing is maybe they are trying to do pre-nuptial agreements. One can never be too cautious. I feel like the devils advocate.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

I´ve read many interviews of Victoria, where she says she wants to have a family and children. We can see from the pictures, where she is with children, that she gets along with them absolutely great. I´m certain that Victoria and Daniel will get married, hopefully next year.
I also don´t believe, that the King would have let Victoria "waste" over 5 years of her life with a man, whom the King wouldn´t accept as a consort.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter62986 View Post
I don't want to be a jerk, but hasn't anyone ever said maybe Victoria doesn't really want to get married or have kids. Not all women do... to go even further has there ever been a homosexual royal? I don't believe she is, but I really do believe she may not want to get married. I know people want her to get married, but now things are different. The other thing is maybe they are trying to do pre-nuptial agreements. One can never be too cautious. I feel like the devils advocate.
I think it's not the question if she want to get married, only when. She is the heir to the throne, one of her duties is to get married, and (hopefully for all parts) to have children.
That's the royal live.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

According to the portuguese newspaper, princess victoria gave an interview where she said that swedish people will have a surprise in 2008.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria told about this "surprise" in an interview to Aktuellt/SVT at the TV. In fact she said like this: "I have a little in my backpocket at least". Next day all the swedish papers wrote that this means that Victoria will get married. The Royal Court was very angry and said that Victoria meant nothing like that.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Gentry

Yeah that could mean so many different things. She said something like she is going back to school it could deal with that. Its highly unlikely. Maybe she and Daniel will leave Sweden to study somewhere else. Maybe Princess Madeleine will graduate (hehe). If there is a wedding its probably going to be CP, they seem really great. The way Victoria acts is not like she is ready to get married. OO yeah I was going to say maybe a secretive wedding, nobody likes helicopters. Did anyone say how much the budget increase was going to be? Couldn't the wedding be for one of their first cousins such as the King's nieces and nephews? I'm sticking to that she doesn't want to get married quite yet... I don't agree with it but people are having kids later and later
Old 12-30-2007, 08:02 AM
Courtier

At the end of the day even though Crown Princess Victoria is heir to the throne and people expect it of her to marry and have at least one child it is her life and she has the right to decide what she wants to do with it. Even though I am not saying for one second that it would not be lovely to see her marry and have a family of her own it is still her choice.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Wouldn´t it be THE SURPRISE if she abdicates (because people won´t accept her relationship to Daniel) and Carl Phillip will become the crown-prince? I mean that would be really a SCOOP!!!!!
(She said in the interview that she has a surprise to tell but I mean the announcement of marrying Daniel wouldn´t be THAT surprise since everybody expects it anyway....)
Old 12-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Wouldn´t it be THE SURPRISE if she abdicates (because people won´t accept her relationship to Daniel) and Carl Phillip will become the crown-prince? I mean that would be really a SCOOP!!!!!
(She said in the interview that she has a surprise to tell but I mean the announcement of marrying Daniel wouldn´t be THAT surprise since everybody expects it anyway....)
How about: Hey people I'm married from few weeks/months.
Or: I would never go married butI'll be a queen.

By the way - hipothetical: abdicates - what than people would think about her about this clever, well educated woman? and about all her promises since last few (13 ?) years?!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Courtier

I´m wrong again since I expected an engagement in December 2007. But I´ve a question: How long might the interval be between the announcement of the engagement and the marriage? I found it quite fast when her parents (and CG was already king at that time!) announced in March and married in June. Might this be possible nowadays to organize everything in between three months?

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships