The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 06-06-2007, 12:30 AM
monica17's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Little Baguio, Philippines
Posts: 820
If Victoria and Daniel are to marry, wouldn't Daniel try to "improve" his life? Not to sound condescending or what. As for now, there is nothing wrong with being a gym owner/trainer but what about 5 years from now? I mean, trying to learn English (I read that he doesn't know English) or other languages, take some courses that would be of help in his future role as consort? I admit I know very little of Daniel; I hope he does something else besides looking after his gym and going out with his girlfriend...... I like Daniel for Victoria, but I'm just wondering about this matter....
__________________

__________________
Monica17

Kindness is the magic elixir of love - The Practice of Kindness
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 06-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica17
If Victoria and Daniel are to marry, wouldn't Daniel try to "improve" his life? Not to sound condescending or what. As for now, there is nothing wrong with being a gym owner/trainer but what about 5 years from now? I mean, trying to learn English (I read that he doesn't know English) or other languages, take some courses that would be of help in his future role as consort? I admit I know very little of Daniel; I hope he does something else besides looking after his gym and going out with his girlfriend...... I like Daniel for Victoria, but I'm just wondering about this matter....
He must know English, all students in Sweden learn english at school. His english might not be perfect or fluent but I´m sure he can speak english.
Some sort of education, something like you suggested, would be good imo. Even if health is a important thing he should know about other things to. But if they do get married, lets say i 2008, he has all the time in the world. He is only 35 years old and King Carl Gustaf is still in good health and probably will be King for many years to come
__________________

__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 06-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hiawassee, United States
Posts: 617
Crown Princess Victoria is way way too patient. Daniel has had five plus years to learn English and familiarize himself with the working of a would-be Consort.......has he done any of this? Or, is just about him (and his business)? She deserves so much more. If she "dumps" him now she will be criticized for not doing so long ago, she kinda of stuck. I guess at this time Sweden needs a pole of the people asking (not telling) her he is not suitable, and asking her to move on........I think she would do it for the Citizens, and in that way she would not lose face. If she truly loves him (only she really knows that) she must know the relationship is just dangling..........
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 06-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Gita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ., United Kingdom
Posts: 773
I think they have been together for such a long time now I doubt they will split up.
__________________
Where does ones childhood go? Gita.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 06-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
Crown Princess Victoria is way way too patient.
Ever - even for just 1 minute - thought about the possibility that it might be Victoria who does not want to get married as of yet? Because quite frankly aside from the fact that you don't know him you should know by now that as soon as there is a wedding the bride in question has to endure the media watching, nay, staring at her stomach. Can't be pretty. And just because she said she wants a family in 6 years does not mean she wants one right now (or in the next 1-2 years). Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndaW View Post
If she truly loves him (only she really knows that) she must know the relationship is just dangling..........
How patronising.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 06-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,897
I don't see where it's patronising; it's just an opinion about a relationship that's lasted for several years without leading to an engagement.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: San Jose, United States
Posts: 74
I would like to see Victoria get married. She's a lovely woman and would make a beautiful bride. Plus, it's a great excuse for a party.
However, the timing (and the choice of groom) should be up to her. I don't think she should be pressured into getting married until she knows she is ready for the commitment. I like that her parents have such a great partnership and still seem very happy together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 07-13-2007, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
According to expressen.se Victoria is to marry Daniel soon...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 07-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Gita's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ., United Kingdom
Posts: 773
We have been hearing that since 2004!
__________________
Where does ones childhood go? Gita.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 07-13-2007, 02:33 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,343
I sincerely hope and believe, that Victoria and Daniel will get married. Maybe they will be engaged in November or December this year or next March at the latest. The wedding will be in May or June next year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 09-30-2007, 10:30 AM
agnessa's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tartu, Estonia
Posts: 203
I can't understand what Victoria is waiting - does the king dislike Daniel or isn't Daniel ready for his new life?! I'm sure that Victoria know that she must marry and have kids - to ensure royal bloodline. I really hope that they will engage this year and marriage will take place next summer - if it doesn't happen then I don't believe it never happen. I think there is only one way in royal life - to marry or to broke up! It seems cruel but so the royal life goes
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 09-30-2007, 12:50 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,905
I had also wondered about whether the King disapproved of the relationship. I hope they do marry because it would get some people off their backs about it. However when they do marry all they will hear then is when will they have an heir to the throne.
I just hope they do whatever makes them happy
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:01 PM
bertie5252003's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,594
IMO...... this relationship is an unwise one and her family are clearly concerned about this young man's ability. There is more at stake her than '..whatever makes them happy'.... and the danger is that this could all blow up in their faces and cause the drama of the British RF which I doubt anyone wants to see. Royalty and their advises know what type of world this is for them and I applaud the SRF caution.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:06 PM
Daneborn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnessa View Post
I can't understand what Victoria is waiting - does the king dislike Daniel or isn't Daniel ready for his new life?! I'm sure that Victoria know that she must marry and have kids - to ensure royal bloodline. I really hope that they will engage this year and marriage will take place next summer - if it doesn't happen then I don't believe it never happen. I think there is only one way in royal life - to marry or to broke up! It seems cruel but so the royal life goes
And I disagree.

Getting married too fast didn't exactly turn out right for Charles & Diana and Joachim & Alexandra.

I'm sure there is a reason why the Swedish King lets his children get to know their possible future spouses very well and almost inside out before marrying.

When they are ready to have children, that's when they should get married.
__________________
''A day without a laughter is a day wasted'' // Anna-Lisa
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:15 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 15,343
I´m quite sure that Victoria and Daniel will get married next year. From what I have read from swedish newspapers written by reporters close to the Royal House, King Carl Gustag and Queen Silvia like Daniel nowadays a lot. First the King wanted to be sure that the relationship would work. Daniel has shown that he can be a good consort by his behaviour during his relationship with Victoria. He has been very discreet and never discussed about the Royal Family with the media. Some say that Victoria and Daniel couldn´t marry last year, because the swedish Royal Family didn´t have money to two big festivities (the King had his 60th birthday), and then Victoria was very busy with her diplomatic studies and didn´t have time to organize a wedding, she wants to do herself as much as she can. But now everything is easier and the time is right for the wedding next year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 09-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Lena's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mandø, Denmark
Posts: 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn View Post
And I disagree.

Getting married too fast didn't exactly turn out right for Charles & Diana and Joachim & Alexandra.

I'm sure there is a reason why the Swedish King lets his children get to know their possible future spouses very well and almost inside out before marrying.

When they are ready to have children, that's when they should get married.
Hi Daneborn...nice to see you (down) here again

I can´t help disagreeing on your disagreement (surprise surprise )
There is now a lot of difference between the dating times of Charles and Diana or Joachim and Alexandra to the one of V&D.
I´ve counted, that Victoria attended more than 20 weddings in her dating time with Daniel. This weekend an other one. Soon they should celebrate "6 years of relationship" and I will stick with the argument, that they can´t prepare like others for their marriage, as so much would change for Daniel. And he can´t really know, how that would be until he would experience it.

Your argument with the children is though pretty good...as they surely would be "pushed" to get a child within 2 years of marriage. And being confronted with theories of infertility etc. pp. is surely not fun.
But personally I can´t understand them.
Daniel will turn 35 next year, Victoria 31, they have the money, the age, the partnership...me wouldn´t wait a second with filling the craddle
And I´m thinking of Victoria´s lamentation about her loonley childhood with nannies reading good night stories to her instead of her parents. As Crown Princess with a relatively fit father, she would have more time and freedoms for the education of her youngsters. Other than that I´d be in her position afraid that the slimy Ockelbo frog would slip through my fingers...and would hit the road
Well, actually this discussion is "idle" though...as she seems completely unimpressed by our (and the press´) guesses, theories and suggestions. She will be mature, when she feels mature.
If she would be then really mature...or just feeling as an outcast because she would be surrounded by married ppl with children and would feel, that her clock is ticking and that the wrinkles are showing more and more (Imo she doesn´t age well...same for Daniel ) is an other question
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 09-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: near fulda, Germany
Posts: 41
for myself it doesn´t matter when they´ll do it if everybody and at first daniel and vicroia ar thinking it´s the right time they´ll do it maybe next year maybe in 2 or more years it doesn´t matter
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 10-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somwhere in the middle, United States
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneborn View Post
And I disagree.

Getting married too fast didn't exactly turn out right for Charles & Diana and Joachim & Alexandra.

I'm sure there is a reason why the Swedish King lets his children get to know their possible future spouses very well and almost inside out before marrying.

When they are ready to have children, that's when they should get married.
Get to know your future spouse, does not guarantee they will not end in divorce . Some couples have know each other for more than 2 decades, but some of them still end up in divorce. So there are no garantee in marriage after all.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 11-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Blinn, United States
Posts: 4
Let's say that Victoria and Daniel get married and have children. What would the children's last name be. Would their last name be their father's or because their mother is going to be the queen will they have her name like what happen in England with Windsor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Yennie's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Skåne, Sweden
Posts: 2,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan View Post
Let's say that Victoria and Daniel get married and have children. What would the children's last name be. Would their last name be their father's or because their mother is going to be the queen will they have her name like what happen in England with Windsor.
I think so... I doubt they will take the name Westling because if so we would get a whole new royal house :)
Its quite common in Sweden today that newlywed couples take the womans name if its "a better one" or more rare
__________________

__________________
Life is like a box of chocolates... you'll never know what you're gonna get
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
crown princess victoria, daniel westling, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Småland; March 31-April 2, 2011 Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 28 11-28-2011 01:52 PM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Gothenburg; March 17-18, 2011 JessRulz Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 19 10-18-2011 03:28 PM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Gotland; April 15-16, 2011 JessRulz Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 16 10-08-2011 04:06 AM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to Germany; May 24-27, 2011 LadyFinn Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 53 09-26-2011 11:07 AM
Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Visit to Malmö; March 9-11, 2011 Josefine Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 41 08-29-2011 01:43 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]