Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I of course want it to be healthy, but a healthy girl. :)

My guess: CP Haakon, CP Frederick, CP Felipe, CP Phillipe, CP Prince Willem-Alexander, Prince Carl-Philip, and Anna Westing.

I don't think any of the CP consorts or Princess Madeleine will be chosen as godparents until baby #2. I think because of her close friendships with the crown princes and because of her godmother roles, she'll choose all the crown princes for baby #1.

Frederik, Mary, Haakon and MM. No doubt to me.

My guesses :

Carl Philip, Frederik, Mary, Mette-Marit and Haakon.

The sex of the baby doesn't matter but I would like a girl.

Her name could be Astrid.

Is it tradition for Swedish male heirs to be named Carl? I've noticed the recent Kings all had Carl as a first name and something else as a second. Is it like in Denmark, where traditionally they switch from Frederik to Christian?

Is it tradition for Swedish male heirs to be named Carl? I've noticed the recent Kings all had Carl as a first name and something else as a second. Is it like in Denmark, where traditionally they switch from Frederik to Christian?

See here:

List of Swedish monarchs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have had Oscars and Gustavs too during the Bernadotte family's reign but before them even Adolph Frederick and Sigismund if you go earlier (not to mention all the names if you go further back).

Last edited:
For some reason I want her to have a girl. Somehow I feel it would be greater if the child heir were a woman. I know there are many crowned princess as in Ingrid Alexandra, Leonor of Spain, and Elizabeth of Belgium but my soul thinks a female would be greatest. Ultimately it doesn't matter for as long as the child is proud, willing and wanting to serve for the country there lies the happiness and beauty. I feel whether a boy or a girl we will see mastery as is their calling. And maybe we are all seeing that day after day. It seems so to me. Greetings.

I'm a teaditional "guy" b
ut I want to be surprised so why not " prince victor carl daniel gustaf" ?

First of all, wherever a healthy baby and mother.
I think a baby boy. Name : Gustav, Adolf, Carl

hmm my guesses :
Crown Princess of Norway Mette-Marit,
Crown Prince of Netherland Willem-Alexander,
Crown Prince of Denmark Frederik,
Princess Madeleine
Daniel's sister -Anna Westing

I'm Thinking definitely Carl-Philip both Daniel and Victoria seem close with him as well as Fredrick and Haakon. Anna Westling, Marry and Mette-Marit as godmothers!

I love thinking of names, here's my guesses/hopes:

Alice Christina Sibylla Josephine
Alice - Victoria's and princess Sibylla's middle name and Silvia's mother's name, Christina - classic royal name, Sibylla - princess Sibylla, Josephine - queen Josephine, sounds good with the other names.
I would like Sibylla as the first name, but it's also a Swedish fast food restaurant, so maybe not ... I'd also like Hedvig, Eleonora, Margareta.

Edmund Oscar Carl Leopold
Edmund - what Victoria's grandfather prince Gustaf Adolf was called by family, Oscar - like the two kings, Carl - of course, Leopold - my wildcard just because I like it, from Prince Leopold, Victoria's great-great-grandfather.
(Please just name him anything else than a double name with Gustaf and Carl, we've had enough of those.)

I love thinking of names, here's my guesses/hopes:

Alice Christina Sibylla Josephine

Edmund Oscar Carl Leopold
ohhh, never thought of those!!! i LOVE Alice and Edmund.
somewhat i want the baby to have a name that nobody has right now, i mean who are alive right now.

Ulrika, Alice, Sibylla, Anne, Anna, Desiree, Caroline, etc... are good choice names. i also love Chirstina and Lillian but we already have an Infanta with that name and Victoria's aunt.

Oscar, Erik, Alexander, Adolf, Edmund, Johan, etc... are amazing choices as well.

As long as the child is healthy, it shouldn't matter if it's a girl or a boy.

If a boy, I think it should be Johan Carl (reversed to be just a bit different than the norm)

For a girl, I vote for Desiree.

I don't like Oscar (reminds me of a fat man with a cigar) or Gustav.

Do twins run in the family? That would be nice, although imagine being heir to the throne by just a few minutes! As far as male or female, as long as the baby is healthy that is a blessing indeed and gender is secondary. I couldn't even try to figure out names.:ohmy:

I had to go with one of each healthy of course- we need another King, but I want a little girl named Silvia! I think Victoria will have 3 kids total over the course of the years, either 2 girls and a boy like her parents, or 2 boys and 1 girl.
Girl- Silvia, Kristina, Karina, Amelie, Alice ( my mum's name, Desiree, Danielle( first names) Lillian, Elizabeth ( middle names)
Boy - first names, Carl ( or Karl), Erick ( my grandpa's name), John , Steig, Gunnar,Middle names, Daniel, Johan, Arthur, David. Middle names: Louis, Edmound,

Last edited:
If it's a boy I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a double namne, as there have been double names for males for the last four generations. I would love if they chose Carl Magnus, and made him Duke of Östergötland, after the last royal Magnus, Magnus, Duke of Östergötland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , but his history is a bit sad so it might not be a good choice.

For a girl I would like to see the name Louisa Ulrika, both are common namnes for Swedish queens and there was a Queen Lovisa Ulrika, Louisa Ulrika of Prussia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , and there is a connection to Haga, the park was founded by her son and the castle built for her grandson.

i hope they can surprise us with an original and diferent name.
who guessed that Mary and Frederiks twin son would be called Vincent? nobody, but it was cool and somewhat unexpected^^

I would be surprised if there were to be more than four godparents, as that was the case with Victoria and her siblings, two male and two female. My guess is one each from the Danish and Norwegian CPC and then Carl Philip and Anna Westling.

I was getting worried that after Mary and Fred (my favourite royals) named their twins, the royal forums would start to get boring...but I completely forgot about the rash of newlyweds who will soon be having babies...

I have no idea about gender, so maybe just some names I would like to see used...

Carl Olof
Carl Oscar

Matilda
Frida
Amelia
Lovisa
Sibylla

After looking around and asking my grandfather about Swedish names ( he was born in Sweden) I'm starting to like Emma Amelia Alexandrina Desiree ( Emma is popular in Sweden) and for a boy Oscar Daniel Johan Axel

CP Frederik
CP Haakon
The Prince of Orange
CPss Mathilde
CPss Mette-Marit
Pss Madeleine
Caroline Dinkelspiel
Anna Westling Blom

Does anyone know how long after the birth of members of the Swedish Royal Family are christened?

Also, are all the members of Swedish Royal Family christened in the chapel of the Royal Palace in Stockholm?

In Denmark, it is about three months in the current generation(i.e. all the Queen Margrethe II's grandchildren).

:flowers:

What a great news! I believe their baby is a boy: "Karl Gustav Fredrik Christian", perhaps he could use a couple more names following the royal tradition.

After looking around and asking my grandfather about Swedish names ( he was born in Sweden) I'm starting to like Emma Amelia Alexandrina Desiree ( Emma is popular in Sweden) and for a boy Oscar Daniel Johan Axel

I like the name 'Emma'. It works for a young child as well as an adult. And there's no room for any shortened versions either.

I totally agree, I bet Prince Frederik and Princess Mary will be asked to be among the godparents, and for sure her sister Madeleine.

Princess: Desirée Daniela Carla Victoria

Prince: Carl-Daniel Victor Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom