Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think they will follow that pattern. At the time of Carl Philips birth, he was the heir to the swedish throne hence Queen Margrethe was chosen for him and not Victoria.

Yes, but Victoria had both Harald and Beatrix, two heirs, both now monarchs, while Carl Philip only got Margrethe.

I'm betting on six godparents, if only because Victoria will want to honor some of her closest CP friends/cousins for her first-born, but not leave out the aunts and uncles.

Haakon, Frederick, Carl Philip, Maxima, Madeleine and Anna.

:previous:
I also think that one of godparents would be W-A,Prince of Orange.
They seems that have tradition :)
Queen Juliana is godparent to King Carl Gustaf,Queen Beatrix to CP Victoria, CP Victoria to P Catharina-Amalia and next is CP Willem-Alexander to new Swedish royal baby ;)

beatrix had no swedish godparents did juliana have any`?

If Carl-Phillip and Sophia Hellqvist are going to get engaged soon, I wonder if both of them could be godparents of a little princess.

Lenora said:
If Carl-Phillip and Sophia Hellqvist are going to get engaged soon, I wonder if both of them could be godparents of a little princess.

I don't think they will do that as long as they are not married. There is nothing that prevents them från doing so but i doubt they will.

I guessing in order to return the favor 2 will be royal and 2 will be members of the westling family like for two royals it could be haakon or mette marit / frederik or Mary / Philippe or mathilde since their kids are victoria's godchildren ( Christian, Ingrid Alexandra and Eleonore)

I'm going to throw in Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium as a possibility as Victoria is Princess Eleonore's godmother. I would love to see the ties there closer.

I think I "save" Princess Mathilde godmother to the possible little sister of this newborn baby. :) If then the baby would be named Astrid that would make a lovely link between Sweden and Belgium.

My final guess (and hope :) ):

Lovisa as the given name; Lilian, Silvia and/or Ewa among the additional names. Maybe also one godmother's name. None of Victoria's own names will be used.

I am guessing Louise (or the Swedish equivalent) will be in there somewhere. As for the other names, I have no idea really.

I would like to be Louise or Silvia for first name , but I have feeling that would be Kristina :) after Queen Kristina and also think that Daniel's mother name is Ewa-Kristina :)

My tip nr 1: Her name Will be Louise (or Lovisa) Anna Victoria Ingrid and she will be the Duchess of Skåne like just like Gustaf VI Adolfs wife Queen Louise and Carl XV:s wife Queen Lovisa who was born Louise who were both Duchess of Skåne as Crown Princess'es.

My tip nr 2: Her name will be Josefina Anna Victoria Sibylla and she will be the duchess of Västerbotten in an honour of the mother of the King, the late Princess Sibylla Duchess of Västerbotten.

Don't know why i like the combination Anna Victoria but it sounds so good in my ears.

Final guesses: Desiree Anna Ingrid Silvia,Louise Christina Silvia Anna,Margaret Victoria Alice Ingrid,Alice Silvia Victoria Anna.I think it would be nice if she was named after all the female (and future) monarchs of Sweden:Margaret Christina Ulrika Victoria.

I'm a bit unsure about Christina, Desiree (sorry, cannot write that properly since I'm using my phone), Margaretha, Ingrid or Sofia being chosen as a first name. First three are the names of Victoria's paternal aunts and father's cousin, there's already Ingrid in Norway and the last one is her brother's girlfriend. I don't know what they will choose as it will have to be traditional. Louise or Lovisa is one option, or maybe Anna Lovisa. I'd love it if there was an Astrid but I doubt it.

AnnaNotherThing said:
Astrid Sibylla Anna Lovisa (?)

I like it! I just went through a list of Swedish queens and there's still a small chance they've picked Cecilia, Ingeborg, Helena or Katarina. In addition to all those mentioned before.

I've read here in the forum that there was a princess called Helena who is related to the Swedish Royal Family. It would be perfect a new princess (and future queen) called Helena. When I wake up tomorrow the name will have been anounced, I will guess the baby name for the last time: Helena Kristina Silvia Ewa or Alice Kristina Silvia Louisa.

I like it! I just went through a list of Swedish queens and there's still a small chance they've picked Cecilia, Ingeborg, Helena or Katarina. In addition to all those mentioned before.
Oh, I like Katarina!
Do they ever do Louise in Sweden because Katarina Louise has a nice ring?
I can't seem to get past 2 names because 4 sounds so unwieldy to me and never seems to flow easily.

I love the name!! I would very like to see a little Princess Astrid in the SRF.

It's one of my favorite names ever and it warms my heart to see how many people are hoping for a little Princess Astrid. I would LOVE it if they choose this name.

Desiree Silvia Ulrika Sybilla :p

Last edited:
I think Christina Lilian Margaretha Silvia :)

Kristina Alice Lilian Désirée
Kristina Silvia Lilian Désirée

If the girl comes to be Kristina, her nickname could be "Kickan" - Kickan and Vickan.

Other name I like
Helena Kristina Silvia Désirée
Helena Victoria Silvia Kristina

Final guesses:

Louise Kristina Ingrid Silvia

Desiree Lovisa Ewa Silvia

Kristina Josefina Ingrid Silvia

Astrid Kristina Silvia Victoria

do you think it can be Sofia as first name i mean carl philip is dating a sofia whom may be a princess in the future

Getting my vote in before the final announcement --

I want a Queen Astrid but I'd rather the little princess have that as a second (or third or fourth) name with her first name being one more youthful. Sorry but Astrid doesn't fit a little girl IMO. Astrid will then become her regnal name.

So perhaps Lovisa Astrid Lilian Anna, great initials ;)

Getting my vote in before the final announcement --

I want a Queen Astrid but I'd rather the little princess have that as a second (or third or fourth) name with her first name being one more youthful. Sorry but Astrid doesn't fit a little girl IMO. Astrid will then become her regnal name.

So perhaps Lovisa Astrid Lilian Anna, great initials ;)
she could be called Lala

The newborn has been named Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary.

Please head over to the birth thread to continue the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom