Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria Louisa Margaret Sibylla Silvia

Paying tribute to the maternal line of the Swedish royal family

1. HM Queen Victoria (UK)
2. HRH Princess Louisa of Prussia, Duchess of Connaught
3. HRH Princess Margaret of Connaught, Crown Princess of Sweden
4. HRH Princess Sibylla of Sax Coburg & Gotha, Princess of Sweden
5. HM Queen Silvia, Queen Consort of Sweden

I still stand by this selection but perhaps Louisa before Victoria (Just to save confusion. But then again, they might look to start a tradition like the Danish Christian/Fredericks)

I think that Lovisa or Alice will be the first name.

The other 3 names (I assume that she will have four names just like Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine) will be of these names:

Anna
Astrid
Eleonora
Elisabeth
Ewa
Desirée
Ingrid
Lilian
Louise
Sibylla
Silvia
Sofia
Victoria

My final guess is: Lovisa Silvia Alice Victoria or Alice Lovisa Silvia Victoria.

But I love the name Sofia, but I doubt that Victoria and Daniel will choose it because of Sofia Hellberg.

Astrid would also be nice, to remember the Swedish princess Astrid who became Queen of Belgium and the Swedish childrenbook-author Astrid Lindgren.

I meant a boy first actually, making him the heir.

That's a bit how I feel; there are so many girls already who are the heirs to various thrones, Christian will be on his own! :flowers:

As for the name, I think they'll choose something that works in Swedish, English, and French...similar to Madeleine or Desiree.

Mirabel said:
That's a bit how I feel; there are so many girls already who are the heirs to various thrones, Christian will be on his own! :flowers:

As for the name, I think they'll choose something that works in Swedish, English, and French...similar to Madeleine or Desiree.

There will be à boy in lichtenstein too. And we are still waiting for the first child of William and Kate and Gulliaume in Luxembourg so it might end up with more boys. But it's a majority of future female monarchs in the generation after the current heirs. Remember that Victoria will be the only female monarch in her generation.

There will be à boy in lichtenstein too. And we are still waiting for the first child of William and Kate and Gulliaume in Luxembourg so it might end up with more boys. But it's a majority of future female monarchs in the generation after the current heirs. Remember that Victoria will be the only female monarch in her generation.

Guillaume's child will be the same generation as Christian, but Catherine's child won't. William is the same generation as Christian in the UK, just looks odd because he's so much older. :lol:

Lumutqueen said:
Guillaume's child will be the same generation as Christian, but Catherine's child won't. William is the same generation as Christian in the UK, just looks odd because he's so much older. :lol:

Hahah that's true. It's like Victoria and Charles being in the same generation even though he is 29 years older.

My guess: Cecilia Caterina Lilian Alice.

My final tip is : Louise (or Lovisa) Anna Victoria Ingrid

Final guesses:
Margaretha Lilian Sofia Désirée
Christina Silvia Lilian Ingrid
Astrid Joséphine Lilian Désirée

Last edited:
Final guesses:
Margaretha Lilian Sofia Désirée
Christina Silvia Lilian Ingrid
Astrid Joséphine Lilian Désirée

I think these are great guesses. I'd bet on some combination of Christina, Silvia, Lilian, and Ingrid.

Queen Christina was Christina Alexandra, so that might be part of it. Maybe Christina Alexandra Ingrid Lillian.

we need to go though this thread to see if anyone got all right

Lovisa Christina Lilian

What is daniels mothers middle name

we need to go though this thread to see if anyone got all right

Lovisa Christina Lilian

What is daniels mothers middle name

Well we won't know who's right until the baby is named tomorrow. Daniel's mothers name is Anna Eva Kristina Westling.

Well we won't know who's right until the baby is named tomorrow. Daniel's mothers name is Anna Eva Kristina Westling.
i know but thank you

then
Lovisa - from past queens
Ch(k)ristina - from past queens, aunt and grandma
Lilian - beloved aunt
Silvia - from grandma

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel! Also interesting we had 2 royal babies born on consecutive days, a luck year for royal watchers!

amount of names seems be different

the king sisters have these names 3 each

Margaretha Désirée Victoria
Birgitta Ingeborg Alice
Désirée Elisabeth Sibylla
Christina Louise Helena

the kings aunt had 5
Ingrid Victoria Sofia Louise Margareta,

Victoria and madeleine has 4 each

Congratulations to Victoria and Daniel! Also interesting we had 2 royal babies born on consecutive days, a luck year for royal watchers!

I missed the news -- who had the other baby?

I missed the news -- who had the other baby?

Prince Charles Philippe d'Orleans, Duke of Anjou, and his wife Princess Diana, Duchess of Anjou and Duchess of Cadaval, welcomed on the 22 February 2012, in the afternoon their first child, a daughter called Isabelle.
Princess Isabelle was born at Lisbon.

I'm betting the other Crown Princes; Frederick, Haakon and maybe Felipe and/or Pavlos. Also, Madeleine or Carl Phillip. Daniel's parents and/or sister.

Maybe one Portuguese name, to mark the fact that she is 1/8 Brazilian? (after her great-grandmother Alicia del Toledo Sommerlath)

HRH The Prince of Orange
HRH Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
HRH Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
HRH Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway
HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Anna Westling

I find it hard to believe that she'll only have four godparents like her mother, uncle and aunt. I'm pretty sure there will be one from Denmark, one from Norway and one from the Netherlands. Along with Prince Carl Philip and Anna Westling.

I'm going to throw in Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium as a possibility as Victoria is Princess Eleonore's godmother. I would love to see the ties there closer. Hey, Philippe and Mathilde have 2 eligible young princes for the future Queen LOL!

For a name, I like Anna Louisa or Anna Lillian
I'm not sure about the rest of the names.

Victoria's godparents were: King Harald, Ralf Sommerlath, Queen Beatrix and aunt Princess Desiree.

Carl Philip's godparents were: Prince Bertil, Prince Leopold of Bavaria, Margrethe of Denmark and aunt Brigitta of Sweden.

Madeleine's godparents were: Walther Sommerlath, aunt Christina, Fru Magnusson, Benedikte of Denmark and Andreas of Sachsen-Coburg.

So there was a pattern:
- at least two noble/royal persons from abroad
- equal number of women and men (2:2)

If they repeat this pattern, than it will be
1. child:
- Crown prince Haakon of Norway
- Anna Westling Blom
- Crown prince Willem Alexander
- Princess Madeleine

2. child:
- Prince Carl Philip
- Frederik of Denmark
- another royal: e.g. Mette-Marit
- another relative: one of Victoria's cousins for example

I dont think they will follow that pattern. At the time of Carl Philips birth, he was the heir to the swedish throne hence Queen Margrethe was chosen for him and not Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom