Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Victoria is appearing to Have the same belly shape as marie so I believe crown princess Victoria will give birth to a girl as for names maybe Ingrid Desiree Alice victoria.

Victoria is appearing to Have the same belly shape as marie so I believe crown princess Victoria will give birth to a girl as for names maybe Ingrid Desiree Alice victoria.

That whole belly up, belly down stuff is nonsense!

The physical shape of the mother has absolutely nothing to do with the sex of the baby.

I'm guessing at Louise Anna Victoria Ingrid if i'ts a girl with Louise as calling name and Carl Johan Walther Daniel if i'ts a boy with Carl Johan as calling name. Another option i like if i'ts a boy is Oscar Fredrik Carl Daniel. But i prefer Carl Johan instead of Oscar. Sofia is another girl name i like but don't think they will choose it as a calling name as long as Carl Philip and Sofia H are à couple. Hedvig, Maria, Christina, Eleonora are other classic swedish royal names i like but i doubt any of them Will be used as calling name. Or maybe Hedvig. It has god connections. Maria makes us think about Prince Wilhelms wife Grand Duchess Maria from russia who was so unhappy that she divorced and fled from Sweden in 1913. And it would be to confusing with two Princess Christina. Eleonora is the swedish version of the spanish Leonor who will likely be Queen after her father.

I hope it's a boy because that would be nice to have future king, but if it's a girl that's ok too. As long as the mother and child are safe and healthy that's what matters. No ideas on the name but I'm sure it will be perfect.

With the birth imminent, I've gone through the thread up until the post before mine, and tallied up the amount of times each name was suggested. Here are the top ten in each gender:

Boys:
Carl/Karl - 73 mentions, clear front-runner
Gustaf/Gustav
- 46 mentions
Oscar/Oskar - 38 mentions
Daniel - 32 mentions
Johan/John - 29 mentions
Olaf/Olof/Oluf/Olav - 28 mentions
Eric/Erik - 19 mentions
Bertil - 17 mentions
Frederik/Fredrik - 14 mentions
Victor - 11 mentions

Girls:
Christina/Kristina
- 40 mentions
Silvia - 29 mentions
Désirée - 28 mentions
Louise/Louisa/Lovisa - 28 mentions
Victoria - 26 mentions
Margaretha/Margareta/Margaret/Margrethe/Margrete - 23 mentions
Lilian/Lillian/Liliana - 22 mentions
Sybilla/Sibylla - 17 mentions
Ingrid - 17 mentions
Anna/Anne - 15 mentions

--
And my opinions on the top ten names:

Boys:
Carl/Karl - likely to be used as a combination first name (ie. Carl Johan, Carl Gustaf), if it isn't used as a first name, it will be one of the middle names
Gustaf/Gustav
- likely middle name if 'Carl' isn't used in any form
Oscar/Oskar - solid choice for a first name, quite popular in Sweden, not too 'old-school', last heir was Oscar II who died in 1907 - this may work both for and against the name (for: has not been overused like Carl and Gustaf; against: not close enough to the main players today)
Daniel - 50-50 chance of being a middle name, depending on which names are used for the middle
Johan/John - Johan most likely, as a combination first name (ie. Carl Johan), if not used as combo unlikely as solitary middle name because of other possibilities
Olaf/Olof/Oluf/Olav - if used, will be Olof as a middle name for Daniel and Olle Westling
Eric/Erik - possibility for first name only, won't be a middle name
Bertil - has middle name potential, but will depend on which other names are used as first name/combination first name/middle name
Frederik/Fredrik - unlikely IMO
Victor - even less likely than Frederik/Fredrik

My overall preference: Carl Johan Olof Bertil / Oscar Gustaf Bertil Gunnar

Girls:
Christina/Kristina
- likely as a first name, after Queen Christina (and also Princess Christina), spelt with a Ch, possibly not considered to avoid a 'Christian/Christina' similarity with future Regnants
Silvia - definately a middle name candidate
Désirée - good chance for first name, unless considered too 'old-fashioned'
Louise/Louisa/Lovisa - quite populous within Swedish royal history, I prefer Lovisa out of the three when adapting to Sweden, first name potential over middle because of other possibilities
Victoria - 50-50 as a middle name, but IMO unlikely because of other possibilities available
Margaretha/Margareta/Margaret/Margrethe/Margrete - 23 mentions
Lilian/Lillian/Liliana - spelt with one 'L', one of my top guesses for a middle name honouring Princess Lilian
Sybilla/Sibylla - while this is the name of Victoria's grandmother (Carl Gustaf's mother), I find it very, very unlikely this will be used at all; it does not feature in either Victoria or Madeleine's names, which is quite telling
Ingrid - if used, will only be a middle name to avoid having two future Queens Regnant named Ingrid
Anna/Anne - middle name potential, after both Daniel's mother and sister

My overall preference: Christina Silvia Lilian Anna / Lovisa Anna Lilian Silvia

With the birth imminent, I've gone through the thread up until the post before mine, and tallied up the amount of times each name was suggested. Here are the top ten in each gender:...

Interesting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
My overall preference: Carl Johan Olof Bertil / Oscar Gustaf Bertil Gunnar

My overall preference: Christina Silvia Lilian Anna / Lovisa Anna Lilian Silvia

Thank you for your thorough review of the names suggested, JessRulz.
Love love love it! :flowers: The names that you prefer most are very very probable, I think.

But I would also say that any name of the suggested palette will result a beautiful princess/prince name.

I hope though that if the baby is a girl, they'll give her a distinctive name. Therefore I do not prefer Christina as a first name. We have crown prince Christian as well as crown princesses Elisabeth, Amalia, Leonor and Ingrid. Lovisa or Anna-Lovisa (my favourite ;)) would stand out from the others.

Sybilla/Sibylla - while this is the name of Victoria's grandmother (Carl Gustaf's mother), I find it very, very unlikely this will be used at all; it does not feature in either Victoria or Madeleine's names, which is quite telling
I thought that as well. (Did something went wrong in the relationship between Carl Gustaf and his mother?)

(Did something went wrong in the relationship between Carl Gustaf and his mother?)

I don't know anything about that.

I also have no feeling that name Sibylla would be something to avoid. *) I like it, in fact. Name Sibylla has been given to/by three of CG:s siblings:

Princess Margareta's first child, Victoria's cousin, is Sibylla (Sibylla Louise).

Princess Birgitta's daughter is Désirée Margarethe Victoria Louise Sibylla Katharina Maria

Princess Désirée herself (Désirée Elisabeth Sibylla) and her daughter (Helene Ingeborg Sibylla).

(Princess Christina has three sons.)

*) I just learned that she was not that popular in Sweden.

Last edited:

Although Carl Gustaf has named none of his children after his parent sone of Victoria's name is Alice which was also one of Sibylla's names and one of Carl Philip's names is Edmund which was among his fathers names.

Although Carl Gustaf has named none of his children after his parent sone of Victoria's name is Alice which was also one of Sibylla's names and one of Carl Philip's names is Edmund which was among his fathers names.

Indeed, I noticed that too, Alice is one of Sibylla's names (Sibylla Calma Maria Alice Bathildis Feodora). :)

My feeling is she will have a girl (but I'm not really sure this time):

Louise, Desiree or Lilian (I think Lilian will be a middle name).

If she has a boy:

Erik, Olaf or Oscar. :flowers:

I've read that she was very conceited and aloof.
I have never heard Princess Sibylla referred to as conceited and aloof. Unfortunately for her, there was a very strong anti german sentiment after WWII. She never learned to speak swedish very well (not sure if she spoke it at all) and together with her being german she was disliked. I have not read the book that was published recently about her but it woudl be very interesting to learn more. I do have lots of empathy for her. One of her daughters mentioned some time back that all of Sibylla's pregnancies were difficult and of course when she finally had a boy, she became a widow very shortly after. All that and living in a country that was not accepting toward her must have been very lonesome and difficult.

victoria today all in blue, maybe a boy

More guesses for me. ;)

Girl:Alexandrine Ingrid Louise Alice or,Louise Victoria Silvia Anna

Princess Marie also wore purple on the balcony at QMII's jubilee and she had a baby girl, so it wouldn't surprise me if Victoria is having a boy seeing as she's worn a lot of "boy colours".

More guesses for me. ;)

Girl:Alexandrine Ingrid Louise Alice or,Louise Victoria Silvia Anna

Oh I would love it if the new princess is called Alexandrine! It's a rare yet very regal name! So, Alexandrine Victoria Silvia Ingrid or something like that.

Last edited:
For some reason Louise just came into my head. After Queen Louise, the second wife of King Gustaf VI Adolf.

Although I am hoping for Ulrica or even some reeeaaallly old Swedish royal name like Sigrid. And Astrid would be great too. Excited!

Last edited:
I voted for a girl, but it would have been nice for them to have a boy. I love the name Desiree or Astrid.

I love names Desiree, Caroline or Louise.

I voted for a girl, but it would have been nice for them to have a boy. I love the name Desiree or Astrid.
Don't worry, they are still young and have time to have also a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom