The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?
Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls! 103 39.92%
Girl - Girls rule! 68 26.36%
One of each would be nice! 11 4.26%
As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter! 76 29.46%
Voters: 258. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Royal Highness

I would say a girl, Alice or Desiree. But we could be surprised with an unexpected name.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Nobility

Given the fact that this first baby will be the future monarch of Sweden, I think Victoria and Daniel will go the traditional route as far as names, whether the baby is a boy or a girl. A healthy child is of course the most important thing.. I am hoping this baby is a boy, but I won't be disappointed if a little girl arrives either

Boy: Carl August Daniel Gunnar
(Carl - for Victoria's father and brother; August - for Victoria's maternal grandfather; Daniel - for Prince Daniel; and Gunnar for Daniel's father)

Girl: Anna Lilian Renate Feodora
(Anna - for Daniel's mother and sister; Lilian - for Princess Lilian; Renate - for Queen Silvia; and Feodora for Victoria's paternal grandmother)

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Courtier

Wow, people here have really given this some thought beforehand, I guess! Call me crazy but I feel it is too early to say which one she'll have. I can't 'see' which one it is yet. I'll let you know a little later!

As for names, I really have no ideas yet. I'm hoping for an old-fashioned name, not something 'trendy' but hopefully something that hasn't been used in a while. It doesn't matter if the name isn't "kid-friendly", no-one stays a small child their whole lives, a name must be one that you can bear proudly when you are old as well.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Commoner

i'm not a sexist but I want a boy. i am very traditional but I like to surprice so I think that they should give the boy the name "Victor Carl(XVII) Gustaf Daniel
(Oops should it be a girl then i think Christina Victoria Silvia Renate)
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I of course want it to be healthy, but a healthy girl. :)
Old 08-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Courtier

The sex of the baby doesn't matter but I would like a girl.

Her name could be Astrid.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:11 PM

Is it tradition for Swedish male heirs to be named Carl? I've noticed the recent Kings all had Carl as a first name and something else as a second. Is it like in Denmark, where traditionally they switch from Frederik to Christian?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Is it tradition for Swedish male heirs to be named Carl? I've noticed the recent Kings all had Carl as a first name and something else as a second. Is it like in Denmark, where traditionally they switch from Frederik to Christian?
See here:

List of Swedish monarchs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have had Oscars and Gustavs too during the Bernadotte family's reign but before them even Adolph Frederick and Sigismund if you go earlier (not to mention all the names if you go further back).
Old 08-17-2011, 05:24 PM
Nobility

For some reason I want her to have a girl. Somehow I feel it would be greater if the child heir were a woman. I know there are many crowned princess as in Ingrid Alexandra, Leonor of Spain, and Elizabeth of Belgium but my soul thinks a female would be greatest. Ultimately it doesn't matter for as long as the child is proud, willing and wanting to serve for the country there lies the happiness and beauty. I feel whether a boy or a girl we will see mastery as is their calling. And maybe we are all seeing that day after day. It seems so to me. Greetings.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I'm a teaditional "guy" b
ut I want to be surprised so why not " prince victor carl daniel gustaf" ?
Old 08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

First of all, wherever a healthy baby and mother.
I think a baby boy. Name : Gustav, Adolf, Carl
Old 08-17-2011, 05:40 PM

I love thinking of names, here's my guesses/hopes:

Alice Christina Sibylla Josephine
Alice - Victoria's and princess Sibylla's middle name and Silvia's mother's name, Christina - classic royal name, Sibylla - princess Sibylla, Josephine - queen Josephine, sounds good with the other names.
I would like Sibylla as the first name, but it's also a Swedish fast food restaurant, so maybe not ... I'd also like Hedvig, Eleonora, Margareta.

Edmund Oscar Carl Leopold
Edmund - what Victoria's grandfather prince Gustaf Adolf was called by family, Oscar - like the two kings, Carl - of course, Leopold - my wildcard just because I like it, from Prince Leopold, Victoria's great-great-grandfather.
(Please just name him anything else than a double name with Gustaf and Carl, we've had enough of those.)
Old 08-17-2011, 05:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENECE29 View Post
First of all, wherever a healthy baby and mother.
I think a baby boy. Name : Gustav, Adolf, Carl
I think taat adollf is a no no.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina Noctis View Post
I love thinking of names, here's my guesses/hopes:

Alice Christina Sibylla Josephine

Edmund Oscar Carl Leopold
ohhh, never thought of those!!! i LOVE Alice and Edmund.
somewhat i want the baby to have a name that nobody has right now, i mean who are alive right now.

Ulrika, Alice, Sibylla, Anne, Anna, Desiree, Caroline, etc... are good choice names. i also love Chirstina and Lillian but we already have an Infanta with that name and Victoria's aunt.

Oscar, Erik, Alexander, Adolf, Edmund, Johan, etc... are amazing choices as well.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

As long as the child is healthy, it shouldn't matter if it's a girl or a boy.

If a boy, I think it should be Johan Carl (reversed to be just a bit different than the norm)

For a girl, I vote for Desiree.

I don't like Oscar (reminds me of a fat man with a cigar) or Gustav.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Do twins run in the family? That would be nice, although imagine being heir to the throne by just a few minutes! As far as male or female, as long as the baby is healthy that is a blessing indeed and gender is secondary. I couldn't even try to figure out names.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I had to go with one of each healthy of course- we need another King, but I want a little girl named Silvia! I think Victoria will have 3 kids total over the course of the years, either 2 girls and a boy like her parents, or 2 boys and 1 girl.
Girl- Silvia, Kristina, Karina, Amelie, Alice ( my mum's name, Desiree, Danielle( first names) Lillian, Elizabeth ( middle names)
Boy - first names, Carl ( or Karl), Erick ( my grandpa's name), John , Steig, Gunnar,Middle names, Daniel, Johan, Arthur, David. Middle names: Louis, Edmound,
Old 08-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
A Swedish article guessing some names: Oscar, Louisa or Ingrid

Oscar and Louisa don't seem very kid-friendly to me, but they would make excellent monarchial/regal names
Oscar was the most popular name for boys in Sweden in 2010, given to more than 1100 boys. Lovisa was at place 47, given to 336 girls, Louise and Louisa are less popular, not on the Top 100-list for 2010.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

If it's a boy I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a double namne, as there have been double names for males for the last four generations. I would love if they chose Carl Magnus, and made him Duke of Östergötland, after the last royal Magnus, Magnus, Duke of Östergötland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , but his history is a bit sad so it might not be a good choice.

For a girl I would like to see the name Louisa Ulrika, both are common namnes for Swedish queens and there was a Queen Lovisa Ulrika, Louisa Ulrika of Prussia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , and there is a connection to Haga, the park was founded by her son and the castle built for her grandson.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Royal Highness

i hope they can surprise us with an original and diferent name.
who guessed that Mary and Frederiks twin son would be called Vincent? nobody, but it was cool and somewhat unexpected^^