Victoria & Daniel's 1st Baby - Guess the Sex, Name and Godparents

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think Victoria will have ....a boy or girl?

• Boy - Christian needs some help with all these girls!

Votes: 103 40.1%
  • Girl - Girls rule!

Votes: 67 26.1%
  • One of each would be nice!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • As long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter!

Votes: 76 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling it could be Frederik and Mary. That's my guess. Gosh I'm so happy for them!

Suggestions for Godfather:
Haakon, Frederik, Carl Phillip, Pavlos, a Sommerlath or nephew of the King, Daniel's brother-in-law?

Suggestions for Godmother:
Mette-Marit, Mary, Maxima, Madeleine, Anna Westling, a Sommerlath or niece of the King, Caroline Svedin

American Dane said:
A Swedish article guessing some names: Oscar, Louisa or Ingrid

Google Translate:

I'm not fond of either of those names. Maybe as middle names. I hope they give the baby a modern name.

For a boy I think the baby may have Carl or Olafur in the name. Maybe Oscar or Frederik.

No idea for girls yet!

I think Victoria and Daniel expect a boy.

Oscar would be a nice name. Maybe Carl Oscar. Gustav is also an option, or Carl Johan.

For girls I think Desiree or Christina would be good options.

My guess is that it will be at least one out of these three: Madeleine, Haakon, Frederik

I hope it's a girl-another Queen of Sweden!

Like I said in another thread if it's a girl it would be nice to name it, Margaret Christina Ulrika Victoria,after all the female monarchs of Sweden.

I'm hope it's a boy...poor Carl Philip is outnumbered in the Swedish house hold lol. Also baby Christian does need a "partner in crime".
For a boy I'm hoping for an Erik, Axel or Oscar
For a girl I'm hoping for an Amelia ( my name and also the Latin form of Princess Madeleines middle name Amelie) Karina, or even an Alexandrina for queen Victoria. Most likely Sonia, and gustaf will be in the name

Minimum 2 Crown Princes. And CP and Daniels sister.
Maybe it is also depending on the sex of the child, i.e. for a girl another (crown) princess.
BYe Bine

No matter about the sex, as soon as the baby is healthy.
But if you would ask me for a 51% to 49%, I would vote for a boy.... after a Queen Victoria it would be nice having again a king.
Names? A Carl may be included again.
BYe Bine

I think: Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Anna Westling Blom, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Caroline Dinkelspiel and Baron Jacob de Geer.

I am so happy for them!

I think: Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, Anna Westling Blom, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Caroline Dinkelspiel and Baron Jacob de Geer.
I think you are right on the first four. But it they have more than four the rest will also be either royalty or relatives (probably a Somerlath cousine and Benelux royal)

Boy do we have a long wait before we know Godparents! It's fun to speculate though. I think the godparents will come from surrounding Royal families. I'd love to see someone from the British Royal family (William, Catherine etc.) as godparents but Victoria and Daniel do not really know them. Edward and Sophie are the British Royal couple they would know the best as they attend all the Royal weddings together, but I can't imagine they would choose Edward or Sophie as they are not far up in the succession line.

I think Frederik or Mary will be chosen, perhaps along with Haakon or Mette-Marit. Princess Madeleine is a no-brainer! She will most likely be chosen. With 4 godparents, they have many to choose from!

I think either WA or Maxima, as Victoria is godmother of their oldest daughter, Amalia.

I voted for the health option, but I have a guess it will be a girl.

Congrats to Victoria and Daniel! I'm not really sure if the baby will be a boy or a girl; can't make a decision! lol but here are my name guesses:

Girl:

Alice Renate Eva Ingrid

Boy:

Carl Olof Gunnar Johan

Girl : Ingrid Alexandra Victoria Desiree
Boy : Ulrich Franz Victor Gustaf

Hans Peter Erik Daniel Hubertus

Edmund Gustav Damien Frederik Elisabeth Victoria Irgrid Margareth

Bertil Frederik Ludwig Omar

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Prince Frederik

HRH The Duke of Camridge would be nice but i know its a long shot

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the child will have a family member's name for sure with a Swedish touch.
Girl: Alice Ingrid Victoria
Boy: Daniel Carl Gustaf
Either way I am happy for crown princess Victoria to be awaiting their first child. The Swedish royal family must very happy:)

Astrid for a girl
Oscar for a boy (I was hoping that the twin boy of Frederik and Mary would be an Oscar, but now Victoria can have it). Maybe a Carl-Oscar to keep the Carl tradition.

Keep it simple: Daniel's sister and Carl Philip.

A boy named Philip Carl Daniel Gustav!!!

Frederik and Mary from Denmark would be nice. I don't remember them being godparents for any of the new generation of future monarchs...

Congratulations for Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel!

Boy: Erik Johan Carl Olle
Girl: Lucretia Eugénie Louise Victoria

Crown Prince Frederik
Princess Madeleine
Anna Westling Blom
Crown Prince Haakon

Frederik and Mary from Denmark would be nice. I don't remember them being godparents for any of the new generation of future monarchs...

Frederick is godfather to Ingrid-Alexandra of Norway. I don't believe Mary is godmother to any of the new generation though.

I think it will definitely be a royal either haakon and Mette marit or Frederik and Mary or maybe both and possibly more but I only wonder who the others will be her parents his parents maybe? IDK but of course they will chose at least 4 couples to be their child's godparents.

I am so happy for them. It doesn't matter if it will be boy or girl. But I think that if girl - it should be Lilian. Boy will probably be Carl something:-D

I am so thrilled for these two! I was getting anxious over when Victoria will get pregnant!

I say boy and I predict Carl Daniel.

Girls are cute, but like the poll says, poor Prince Christian needs a fellow future King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom