Victoria & Daniel: How and When Did They Meet?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexandria

Heir Apparent
Country
Canada
Can anyone tell me how Victoria and Daniel met? I am assuming that they met through friends as it seems from these posts that they don't exactly run in the same social circles if Daniel is "a very average" guy.

Since a few years Madeleine is training in Daniel Westling´s gym "Master-Training" and one day she convinced Victoria to go with her to the gym, and there Daniel became her personal trainer...and one day Daniel and Victoria decided to meet privately. But we don´t know why/when/how...but maybe Victoria & Daniel will tell, when they really get engaged ;)

Victoria & Daniel; how they met

When did she start going out with Daniel II?

Wow, there're a lotta' Daniels. I hope she solves her problems out though. SHe looks very much in luuuuuuuuuv :heart: :flower:

King C-Yep, I was a bit annoyed when we traveled to Montreal and I didn't get a chance to practice my abysmal French 'cause everyone kept speaking to me in English. I felt really bad...they knew my language, but I didn't know theirs. :blush:

AAAAAAAAH, it's so sad how they're having problems because of the media issue. Ah, stupid papparazzi...why don't they just jump in a bush and hide for the next 20 years.. :(

Hello everyone :) I'm not up to speed on Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. Where and how did they meet? How long have they been dating? I've seen pictures of them but most of the pictures show me that its Victoria that showing a lot of affection and Daniel doesn't seem to be reciprocating. He's ok looking, I wouldn't write home about him :) So can someone help me out and bring me up to speed please and thanks?

Abject apologies to anyone I've offended :)

Lisele said:
Hello everyone :) I'm not up to speed on Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling. Where and how did they meet? How long have they been dating? I've seen pictures of them but most of the pictures show me that its Victoria that showing a lot of affection and Daniel doesn't seem to be reciprocating. He's ok looking, I wouldn't write home about him :) So can someone help me out and bring me up to speed please and thanks?

Abject apologies to anyone I've offended :)
Hi Lisele!
Daniel and Victoria met when she became a member at the gym Master Training, which Daniel owns. He became her personal trainer and well.. they fell in love.
That was probably in the spring of 2002 and the first time we heard about Daniel was in april/may 2002. And the first photo of them together (and kissing :)) was taken in July 2002 at a birthday party of Victorias friend Caroline Kreuger.

The press have written that he is very shy and doesn´t like beeing in the limelight, that could be why he isn´t very relaxed and showing emotions in public. How it is when ther are alone, we have ofcourse no idea of :)

This spring/summer Daniel has been more open and relaxed towards the press and because of this, speculations that they are to get married next summer has started.

Yennie said:
Hi Lisele!
Daniel and Victoria met when she became a member at the gym Master Training, which Daniel owns. He became her personal trainer and well.. they fell in love.
That was probably in the spring of 2002 and the first time we heard about Daniel was in april/may 2002. And the first photo of them together (and kissing :)) was taken in July 2002 at a birthday party of Victorias friend Caroline Kreuger.

The press have written that he is very shy and doesn´t like beeing in the limelight, that could be why he isn´t very relaxed and showing emotions in public. How it is when ther are alone, we have ofcourse no idea of :)

This spring/summer Daniel has been more open and relaxed towards the press and because of this, speculations that they are to get married next summer has started.

Thank you very much Yennie, I really appreciate you bringing me up to speed :) And if he's going to end up marrying Victoria, he's gonna have to get over the shy part for sure. He's going to be mobbed and photographed and well... that fishbowl existence thing :) Here's hoping he's up for it :)

Last edited:
i think we got to know they met and at first they were friends that grow to love
and it seems that maybe victoria took the first step...

It really does seem like both of them are truly in love :wub:

I'm glad that this generation of royals (and perhaps the last generation too depending on the country) have not been forced into arranged marriages or marriages only within the aristocracy like in the days of old.

Victoria tells at their wedding book "Vårt bröllop" about how she and Daniel met:
"I was wondering what kind of training possibilities there was and went with a friend to her gym. It was small and personal, uncomplicated and had a relaxed atmosphere. I thought also that it had warm and relaxed atmosphere so I became a member. That's how Daniel and I met and we got a very fine relationship, and after some time we became very good friends".

Last edited:
Victoria tells at their wedding book "Vårt bröllop" about how she and Daniel met:
"I was wondering what kind of training possibilities there was and went with a friend to her gym. It was small and personal, uncomplicated and had a relaxed atmosphere. I thought also that it had warm and relaxed atmosphere so I became a member. That's how Daniel and I met and we got a very fine relationship, and after some time we became very good friends".

And at Herman Lindqvist's book "Victoria - Drottning med tiden", published in 2009, Victoria told to Herman Lindqvist in June 2009:
Best friend Caroline Kreuger recommended a gym with a membership fee of about SEK 1,000 a month. No one was accepted without a recommendation from two members.
This is what Victoria says about their meeting:
"Caroline said it was a small place, very quiet. No strangeness. There you could be yourself and private. Okay, I thought, I'll go there and try. I love to train. It was good there and that's the way is it. Daniel was there. We became good friends. I felt a great sense of security with him from the first moment. We got to know each during a year. I liked him. He stood with both feet on the ground. He was full of energy. Determined. Driven. Big heart. Honest. Simple and with a strange sense of humor, which I learned to like".
"It was not meant to be anything. But somehow it was probably meant to be. We began to meet in secret. But at first we were both worried that we would lose the friendship we felt for each other. No, I thought, friendship is so much more valuable than having a relationship. I thought so, but it's not always possible to control your feelings. We kept it a secret for over six months, and did not tell anyone, not even our best friends."

The press writes often that it was Madeleine who took Victoria to Daniel's gym, but it wasn't her, it was Caroline Kreuger.

Last edited:
Actually, the "Romance Stories" of Victoria and Daniel, Fredrik and Mary and Haakon and Mette Marit are all exactly that. Make friends, find out that friendship is love and then fight for it when families are less than enthused by their choice.

Victoria's is one of the longest and most difficult stories and that makes their hard-won romance into a rock-solid relationship.

Back
Top Bottom