TV Interviews, Videos and Documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haga seems to be a lovely home but I thought it looked a little plain inside - I know it's a private residence, but I just felt that the walls in some of the rooms needed a little something, although maybe that's just me.

I noticed that in a few times in the documentary, they filmed a purple tent/gazebo; does anyone know what it's used for?
The rooms shown at the program were what I expected the official representation rooms to look like. I liked that they had put personal photographs to the rooms although their private rooms weren't shown. These are the rooms they are interviewed and photographed and where they meet people in connection of their work.

Information about the buildings at the Haga Park.
Buildings in Haga Park - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks for the link, LadyFinn. It's an interesting idea for a restaurant. This makes me want to visit Sweden again and go to Haga.

A video of Victoria's visit to Disabled Ski School in Flottsbro Hill in Huddinge in February. Friluftsfrämjandet (Outdoor Activity) organizes ski school for handicapped children and they get grants from the Crown Princess Victoria Fund.
Radiohjälpen - Kronprinsessan Victorias fond | SVT Play

Daniel, the member of the LOC Advisory Board of the FIS Nordic Ski World Championships 2015, has been interviewed shortly about the role of the volunteers at the championships.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61SqixH6F_4

The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences has published a video, where Daniel and the experts of Prince Daniel's Fellowship talk about entrepreneurship
"As an entrepreneur, I can actualize my ideas"
Som entreprenör kan jag förverkliga mina idéer on Vimeo

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer is the time of "repeats", everywhere I guesss. I'll do one as well. I came across the text of the interview given by Daniel to a local journalist during the official visit V&D did in Ockelbo in May 2011. The jounalist mentioned to Daniel, one of his friends had said "I fell over backwards when I read that Daniel was reported to be the new boyfriend of Victoria". The journalist then asked to Daniel, what would have been his reaction if he had read that the friend was the new boyfriend; Daniel replied I would have fallen backwards too. Some sense of humor...

:previous: New or old, it's always lovely to see footage of little Estelle. :flowers: She is so adorable and charming, and I know I've said this before, but I always admire how Victoria and Daniel bring Estelle with them to events and engagements whenever they can - I think some of the other royal parents should take note here. I think introducing royal children to engagements at Estelle's age is quite good, as they will most likely become less camera shy and more confident once they get older, which for me is a good quality for a royal to have.

A video of Victoria's visit to a foundation benefiting from the Crown Princess Victoria fund. Victoria speaks quite a lot in it and shows her very very basic knowledge of Swedish Sign Language. (That's about all I got out of it with my very very basic knowledge of Swedish!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3lJxOROLo

Highlights from the Te Deum held after Estelle was born, 24th February 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYRryjoIWqE

The video which was shown at Victoria's birthday concert, Victoria playing football with Romfartuna GIF United. Romfartuna GIF United gets support from Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond. Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond/Crown Princess Victoria's Fund works for children and young people with disabilities and / or chronic disease.
Kronprinsessan Victorias fond - Avsnitt 1 _ SVT Play

Daniel speaks at the video, where En Frisk Generation (A Healthy Generation) tells about their work and activities. Daniel's statement starts at 2.25. Daniel is the patron of En Frisk Generation.
"En Frisk Generation supports families to become more active. To find happiness, physical activities and community. To give life another dimension. I believe in that. That's why I support En Frisk Generation".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrzU1HS49Ww

Last edited:
Video of Daniel's speech on 3rd December at the conference "Ohälsans pris" (The cost of an ill health), organized by Skandia and En Frisk Generation together with Karolinska Institutet.
Daniel's speech starts at 2.30 (you can klick "Inledning, prins Daniel" under Kapitel to get to the start of Daniel's speech). He spoke 12 minutes without papers, he had some things at the paper to remind him about which he wanted to speak, but he looked at the papers only a few times. And the way he speaks, it is so refreshing to hear a member of the royal family speak like that. It is also obvious that he reads very much information about health and training.
Ohälsans pris Skandia

Video of Victoria's and Daniel's visit to Värmland on 18th November 2015.
Governor Kenneth Johansson and his wife Viola are also interviewed on the video. The governor says that it was fantastic to have Victoria and Daniel for the first time together on a visit to Värmland. They as hosts lifted the two things which interest Victoria and Daniel: integration and health. Viola Johansson tells how she and Daniel talked with the unaccompanied refugee children at the HVB accommodation. What touched them really strongly was when they asked from the children "What do you hope from the future?" and a 12-year-old boy answered "What I want the most is to meet my mother and father again". And it felt for both Viola Johansson and Daniel, when they talked about that after the meeting, how different lives people have here in the world. It affected us, says Viola Johansson. Governor Johansson recalls also how Victoria answered that Estelle wants a hamster, and Daniel said that this will be the big headline tomorrow, and it was.
Skratt och tårar med kronprinsessan

Short video of Victoria (and Swedish minister Maud Olofsson) talking with swedish ESA astronaut Christer Fuglesang in an inflight call in December 2006. Fuglesang shared his experiences of living and working in space. Victoria's part starts at 7.30.
LearnOutLoud.com Video - ESA Podcast

Victoria and Daniel have given an interview to South African TV-channel eNCA.
The Crown Princess couple's concern for Swedish children

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel are worried about the Swedish children's health.
- I am concerned that it isn't natural to children today to do sports, says Victoria.
The well-known South African journalist Siphamandla Goge from the news channel eNCA visited Stockholm recently and got an exclusive interview with The Crown Princess couple. The interview was made for TV spots on children's health and the sugar tax - two topics that right now are much debated in South Africa.
Siphamandla Goge tells about the meeting with the Crown Princess Couple and says he was impressed by how honest they described their life and not tried to silence their privileged position.
- They told me that they were fortunate with all the resources and all the staff. It's not that all who live like that - who are so honest. But at the same time they were careful to explain how important they think it is that they spend as much time as possible with their children and to do things together. Especially when it comes to physical activity, says Siphamandla Goge.
During the meeting, Prince Oscar was with at the first, which made it extra cozy.
- They are really down to earth, but there was someone who took care of the little prince when we turned on the camera, says Goge.
Both the prince and his sister Estelle came up during the chat. According to the journalist Victoria and Daniel told that they take care both of good diet and exercise - and make sure they don't get too much candy.
- They told me how they try to limit the screen time for Princess Estelle to an hour and then take her out to play, walk or cycle, says Siphamandla Goge.
During the trip in Sweden television team from eNCA met even Swedish experts, school staff and parents to talk about Swedish children's health.
Kronprinsessan Victoria och Daniel oroliga över barns hälsa _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

Video of the interview from the Youtube of eNCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9uqzY2yK0

Last edited:
That's a very pleasant and surprising interview! I wonder when they recorded it... why did they give an interview to a south african channel? Are they linked to a special project with them?

That's a very pleasant and surprising interview! I wonder when they recorded it... why did they give an interview to a south african channel? Are they linked to a special project with them?

The Expressen article I posted with the interview says:
The well-known South African journalist Siphamandla Goge from the news channel eNCA visited Stockholm recently and got an exclusive interview with The Crown Princess couple. The interview was made for TV spots on children's health and the sugar tax - two topics that right now are much debated in South Africa.
During the trip in Sweden television team from eNCA met even Swedish experts, school staff and parents to talk about Swedish children's health.

From the website of eNCA Channel - South African journalist Siphamandla Goge met also dr Claude Marcus, one of Sweden’s leading health experts (professor at Karolinska Institutet and research supervisor at the Swedish National Childhood Obesity Centre at Karolinska University Hospital).

According to the doctors, risks associated with obesity and being overweight include getting diseases such as the hardening of the arteries, diabetes, joint problems and osteoporosis.
This is a concern for the Swedish royal family.
Crown Princess Victoria was appointed by the United Nations as one of sixteen advocates to promote the Sustainable Development Goals. Together with her husband, Prince Daniel, she is an advocate for healthy lifestyle and says more urgent steps are needed to prevent a global crisis of obesity.
In an exclusive interview with eNCA, the Crown Princess registered concerns about the emerging negative trend
Tackling child obesity in Sweden

Claude Marcus has been a member of the Board of the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation, which promotes good health among children and youths in Sweden.
When Daniel founded En Frisk Generation (Healthy Generation) Foundation, he asked some help from Claude Marcus. Marcus is also a board member at En Frisk Generation. The aim of En Frisk Generation is to establish a long-term, viable way of influencing public health by encouraging and motivating entire families from an early age to adopt lifestyles which are healthier and more fun.

Perhaps journalist Goge from South Africa contacted Claude Marcus first for an interview, and Marcus told that Victoria and Daniel are very involved in matters concerning children's health.
The eNCA article says that Marcus was interviewed ahead of a conference, there was a conference about children's obesity where Marcus spoke on 8th June, so perhaps it was done just before that.

Last edited:
I think it reflects their concerns and they like to commit themselves on the subject. Quite an important subject.

Last edited:
Great video of Victoria's and Daniel's visit at Öjersjö Brunn School in Partille in September 2015 to take part in the school's work with the Star for Life. The school is one of the pilot schools working since 2014 with the Star for Life's Swedish school program. Star for Life has developed a method to give students the mental exercise to strengthen their self-esteem, articulate their own visions and dreams and then constructively able to activate their drive.
Star for Life has put this video to their Vimeo a month ago.
Kronprinsessparet på besök i Star for Life on Vimeo

The court has put a video from the Swedish Sports Gala on 16th January - of Daniel's speech + the speech of Cecilia Andrén Nyström from Futebol dá força, the winner of Årets Peppare Prize, to their Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDoP2SgWSY8

The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences has published at their Vimeo a video of the third Prince Daniel's Entrepreneurial Day on 30th March. Daniel and some successful entrepreneurs are interviewed and clips from the day are shown.
Daniel says at the video: "Prince Daniel's Fellowship is with and affects to the society so that more people would dare to invest. That more people would dare to take the step and become entrepreneurs. Our vision is that all young people who want to become entrepreneurs would dare to take the step. It is unbelievably important and central for the community that there are people who dare to start a company. As a successful entrepreneur you don't help only yourself, but is with at creating jobs and development for others. Our community is totally depending on that. If you want to change the world, to run a company is a very good thing. You can have a business idea which makes the life easier to other people or influences to the environment, many different important things. Plus that you can decide what kind of corporate culture to have. I think that the foundation is a very strong driving force, that you really have decided that you will succeed, so that you are ready to face tough periods and difficult challenges, that you have set a goal and have a vision to go on".

https://vimeo.com/212886696

The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences has published a video "Prince Daniel talks about entrepreneurship with the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences".
A part of what Daniel says at the video: "Our vision is that all young people who want to become entrepreneurs would dare to take the step. It is unbelievably important and central for the community that there are people who dare to start a company. As a successful entrepreneur you don't help only yourself, but is with at creating jobs and development for others. Our community and world are totally depending on that. You should focus on things you can do something to. Do a "to do" list, then do those things and you are getting further. That is perhaps my best tips. Then you go on and not just sit and think and philosophize too much, you have to have action all the time. Those who are best in taking action succeed the best. The best entrepreneurs I know don't let anything stop them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So99CFfWmgQ

Back
Top Bottom