The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

It was a great documentary, a wonderful mix of history and the present life in Haga. In a way Victoria and Daniel got themselves a present when they decided that this program was made. They got a great collection of historical videoclips put to one program.
It must be great to live in that kind of house with a lot of family history. Victoria seemed touched when Daniel spoke about Victoria's grandparents life in Haga, that it was romantic and beautiful until her grandfather died.
Good to see that different traditions continue in Haga now when Victoria and Daniel live there.
Daniel is always very good when he is interviewed. He is very sincere and open and gets straight to the point. It is great to look him with Estelle. Victoria is of course very good with her daughter, but the media is focusing so much on her and Estelle that it is great to see Estelle with her dad.

A future golfer
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Their wedding present, a photo of princess Lilian, at the veranda
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 04-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the link. It was interesting to watch documentary.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

And another thanks from me for providing the link to the documentary, LadyFinn. I always like how you provide us with lots of news on the Swedish Royals.

Since I have a lazy day tomorrow, I'll be watching this documentary. I'm looking forward to it! Estelle was adorable in those photos and she seems to have quite the personality. I love the photo of Estelle throwing her arms up in the air, you can tell that Victoria is annoyed with her and that she's trying to ignore her. Haga seems to have a friendly and family atmosphere, it appears to be a nice place to live.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Hmm...looks just like life at my house...

Between Estelle and Prince George, I am nearly on adorableness overload!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Nobility

I thought it was strange that there was individual photos of everyone except Silvia. But I LOVED the documentary
Old 04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Estelle accidentally hitting mom : D
http://24.media.tumblr.com/71fabd650...twoo1_1280.jpg
Old 04-21-2014, 11:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I thought it was strange that there was individual photos of everyone except Silvia. But I LOVED the documentary
We don't know that. There was a huge amount of photos in many places. Maybe the director just didn't show a photo of the queen.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Finnish Iltasanomat quotes the article in Expressen:
The project leader of the documentary Marie Nyreröd tells that they had a long list of wishes before they started doing the program. But SÄPO had a lot to point out concerning the security of the crown princess family. They denied that an aerial view of Haga Palace may not be shown, the private rooms of the family couldn't be filmed and they couldn't show places like that they could be recognized. Also princess Christina spoke too much, she told where Victoria's and Daniel's bedroom is located at the Palace and that had to be cut off from the program.
Uusi dokumentti kruununprinsessa Victorian perheen elämästä - nämä kohtaukset hovi poisti - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

Exklusivt bildextra Välkomna hem till Estelle! Stoppa Pressarna

A review of the program in Aftonbladet:
Sara Bulls hour-long documentary is very well made. As a historical narrative about the Haga Palace: when, how and why it was built, how the castle has been used over the years, it's importance. Princess Christina didn't defend the darkness in their background.
As a depiction of how Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Princess Estelle live today. Both adults seem so intelligent and thoughtful in everything they do and say. Daniel has perhaps unexpectedly smoothly gone from being the kid from the boondocks to a part of the royal family, without ever forgetting his simple past. He also was more fun than expected. Just such a thing as to call the sheep at Haga for unsocial.
If only the king now had the sense to soon retire, the couple would certainly be excellent representatives of Sweden in scenarios where a royal family is claimed to be beneficial.
And Princess Estelle was of course very adorable, no matter what she did about. But this is true for all children in that age.
Välvalda klipp om Haga slott « Tv-krönikan

It was the second most watched program in Sweden on 14th-21st April.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm a little late as I've been meaning to reply to this thread, but keep on missing it somehow. Anyways...

I too loved the documentary, and I particularly liked the bits at the end and elsewhere where they showed Estelle playing with a certain toy and Carl XVI Gustaf and his sisters playing with that same toy/a similar toy 60 or 50 years earlier. Haga seems to be a lovely home but I thought it looked a little plain inside - I know it's a private residence, but I just felt that the walls in some of the rooms needed a little something, although maybe that's just me.

Estelle was absolutely adorable in the documentary and I thought she behaved very well; she didn't cry or worry her parents for things at all. I loved how preoccupied she was with the pinkish plant near the end of the documentary; she seems to like flowers as she was playing with some with Victoria earlier on. I also liked how Victoria waved at a group of children who stopped by to catch a glimpse of the CP family as I thought that was very nice and down to earth. This is why she's one of my favourite royals.

I noticed that in a few times in the documentary, they filmed a purple tent/gazebo; does anyone know what it's used for?
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Haga seems to be a lovely home but I thought it looked a little plain inside - I know it's a private residence, but I just felt that the walls in some of the rooms needed a little something, although maybe that's just me.

I noticed that in a few times in the documentary, they filmed a purple tent/gazebo; does anyone know what it's used for?
The rooms shown at the program were what I expected the official representation rooms to look like. I liked that they had put personal photographs to the rooms although their private rooms weren't shown. These are the rooms they are interviewed and photographed and where they meet people in connection of their work.

Information about the buildings at the Haga Park.
Buildings in Haga Park - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]
Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for the link, LadyFinn. It's an interesting idea for a restaurant. This makes me want to visit Sweden again and go to Haga.
Join my new group!
Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

A video of Victoria's visit to Disabled Ski School in Flottsbro Hill in Huddinge in February. Friluftsfrämjandet (Outdoor Activity) organizes ski school for handicapped children and they get grants from the Crown Princess Victoria Fund.
Radiohjälpen - Kronprinsessan Victorias fond | SVT Play
Old 08-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Aristocracy

Summer is the time of "repeats", everywhere I guesss. I'll do one as well. I came across the text of the interview given by Daniel to a local journalist during the official visit V&D did in Ockelbo in May 2011. The jounalist mentioned to Daniel, one of his friends had said "I fell over backwards when I read that Daniel was reported to be the new boyfriend of Victoria". The journalist then asked to Daniel, what would have been his reaction if he had read that the friend was the new boyfriend; Daniel replied I would have fallen backwards too. Some sense of humor...
Old 08-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel, the member of the LOC Advisory Board of the FIS Nordic Ski World Championships 2015, has been interviewed shortly about the role of the volunteers at the championships.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences has published a video, where Daniel and the experts of Prince Daniel's Fellowship talk about entrepreneurship
"As an entrepreneur, I can actualize my ideas"
Som entreprenör kan jag förverkliga mina idéer on Vimeo
Old 09-28-2014, 02:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

A great video of Estelle and family at the inauguration of Estelle's Fairytale Path in May. A lot of unseen things. The county administrative board of Östergötland has published this in the beginning of September.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

New or old, it's always lovely to see footage of little Estelle. She is so adorable and charming, and I know I've said this before, but I always admire how Victoria and Daniel bring Estelle with them to events and engagements whenever they can - I think some of the other royal parents should take note here. I think introducing royal children to engagements at Estelle's age is quite good, as they will most likely become less camera shy and more confident once they get older, which for me is a good quality for a royal to have.

Join my new group!

Tags
crown princess victoria, interviews, television programme