The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Commoner

Thanks so much for letting us all know. Hopefully the program will be available for viewing outside of Sweden.

Also, Lady Finn, I'd just like to thank you for always keeping us up to date on the Swedish royal family. I really appreciate it.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrief View Post
Thanks so much for letting us all know. Hopefully the program will be available for viewing outside of Sweden.
According to SVT, the hour long documentary will be shown in the internet in SVT play.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On Monday 21st April at 20.00 swedish time SVT will show a documentary
Haga Palace - a Royal Home

Swedish documentary from 2014. A film about the Haga Palace then and now. Crown Princess Victoria opens the doors to her new home. Princess Estelle plays in the Haga Princesses' playhouse and Princess Christina remembers her childhood as portrayed in books, songs and news films.

Crown princess Victoria at the documentary:
- For me it's very special that the family is back at Haga. The castle was built by the family at one time so it feels like the circle is closed. I have come closer to my grandmother and grandfather.
For the first time, the crown princess couple Victoria and Daniel let a TV crew into the Haga Palace. During a whole year has SVT producer Sara Bull followed the couple and Princess Estelle through the seasons in the Haga Park and done interviews about Haga Palace and it's history.
- I think many have waited for this program. Haga Palace is an important link in the history of Sweden and that the Crown Princess Couple, along with Princess Estelle now shows up large parts of the castle and the garden with the little playhouse from the 40's is totally unique, says Sara Bull. She also interviewed the Princess Christina who tells about growing up at Haga Palace. Chamberlain Jonas Wallin tells about the history of the palace and shows how they set the table for a representation dinner.
Webb-TV - Se Haga slott - ett kungligt hem i SVT Play
Translation
Wow, this is incredible! i cannot wait to watch it!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Article and some new photos on Svensk Damtidning about SVT's document of Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and the Haga Palace which will be shown on 21st April.
Ny dokumentär om Victorias och Daniels Haga slott – sänds nu i påsk Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 04-10-2014, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Bunte about the documentary with cute photos
Victoria & Daniel: Sie öffnen ihren Palast! | BUNTE.de

Kronprinzessin Victoria, Daniel & Estelle Fotos private Einblicke – Schweizer Illustrierte
Old 04-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Royal Highness

thank you
Nice to get an "inside" look to where they live.
Estelle is just lovely
Old 04-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Trailer from the documentary "Haga Palace - A Royal Home"
Nya bilder: Så här bor kronprinsessparet | Inrikes | SvD
Old 04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Trailer from the documentary "Haga Palace - A Royal Home"

Nya bilder: Så här bor kronprinsessparet | Inrikes | SvD

I am very excited- thank you!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thanks for sharing the trailer with us, LadyFinn. The footage of Estelle was adorable, I particularly liked the bit where she cheekily looked around at the end. Were the little girls in the older videos the Haga Princesses? They were sweet too.

EDIT: Just seen your post regarding SVT Play. I'll be watching.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 04-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen about the documentary:

Victoria: For me, it feels very special, the family is back at Haga. It feels like the circle is closed. I did not have the opportunity to get to know my grandparents. For me, Haga very much Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla and my aunts, "Hagasessorna". It feels like I've come a little closer to my grandparents.
Daniel: Sometimes one imagines, that if you get a little bigger so everything becomes so much more fun and better. But that's not how it is. I can actually say that. We are very privileged to live like this. But to live with mom and dad in a townhouse in Ockelbo or to live like this, is probably no difference in happiness for Estelle. A home is a home.
What is it that matters most?
Daniel: Estelle pointing at me and wanting to come to my arms - or not ... That's what matters most. The family and loved ones are the most important thing in life.
Princess Christina: It feels really nice to come back to Haga. It's great to see the house where I lived in as a child, living up again. It is an amazing house with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We had a wonderful childhood here. It was a world of its own. We did not know about the outside world, basically.
Här visar Victoria och Daniel upp sitt hem Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Some gifs from the trailer
http://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/post/...r-monday-april
Old 04-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

SVT has published another trailer from the documentary
Haga slott – ett kungligt hem mån 21 4 20.00 SVT Play
Old 04-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Serene Highness

Estelle is just the cutest. Love how she sniffs the flower.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-19-2014, 04:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Some new photos from the documentary at Svensk Damtidning
Victoria och Daniel välkomnar tv-tittarna till Haga slott Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Sara Bull, the producer of the documentary, tells that she talked with Victoria and Daniel in the first year Estelle was with at "The year with the Royal Family" and Victoria and Daniel thought that a documentary about Haga would be a good idea. They started to film in the spring 2013. Victoria and Daniel wanted to show the palace to the swedish people after the renovation. Despite the big renovation much old has been retained as mirrors, floors, and fireplaces. Haga Palace is an important part of the royal family's history. Bull spent many hours with the family, sometimes whole days. They trusted Bull since they had worked together before and it was a more relaxed and a nice atmosphere, Bull says. Nice shooting days. It's very special to shoot with young children - much have to be done like they want. Estelle had just learned to walk when they started recording, so she was as young children, then, a little wobbly so it was cute and spontaneous. Estelle is a very charming, happy and curious little girl. She was never unhappy during the recording.
Bull tells that at the first day of shooting when Estelle was just over a year Victoria told her to greet nicely and she arrived with her little hand. It's been great fun to get to follow her during filming, she has become a little girl with her own personality.
Hemma hos Estelle - Bostad - Göteborgs-Posten
Translation
Old 04-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

SVT has put a new 2-minute clip of this evening's documentary to their website.
Så bor kronprinsessan på Haga slott SVT Play

Victoria and Daniel tell at the documentary that Estelle's main interests are music and dance. Daniel tells that Estelle loves music and that they often have little "dance sessions" when he gets home. Estelle also likes sports, Daniel and Victoria throw balls to her and she has her own icehockey and bandy stick. Daniel says: For us it was important to make a home, where there is what one expects of a home. It's cozy and it's a great place for Estelle and any possible future children to grow up in. Princess Christina also hopes to see more children running at Haga Palace: I hope she gets many little siblings who will be running around here in the park.
Så lever Estelle, Victoria och Daniel Extra Expressen
Old 04-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Nobility

has anyone found the direct link to the live broadcast?
Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
has anyone found the direct link to the live broadcast?
According to SVT, it is not a live broadcast, but the documentary will be put to SVT play.
It is not at the list of live broadcasts today.
http://www.svtplay.se/?tab=live&sida=1
Old 04-21-2014, 01:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
According to SVT, it is not a live broadcast, but the documentary will be put to SVT play.
It is not at the list of live broadcasts today.
SVT Play - Sveriges Television
i see....thank you
Old 04-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

They just put the documentary to SVT play
Haga slott – ett kungligt hem SVT Play

I'm just watching it from my TV, since I can see swedish channels.

Princess Christina told about the big old clock at one of the rooms. It had belonged to her father, Victoria's grandfather, who had chosen it very carefully. Princess Margaretha inherited the clock and took it to England to her home. When she moved to a smaller house, the clock was put to a storage. When she heard that Victoria and Daniel are moving to Haga, she gave the clock to them as a wedding present.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

some pics from the documentary. Estelle looks like a handful

http://24.media.tumblr.com/da445689c...lrso1_1280.png
pulling mom's mic
http://37.media.tumblr.com/6852a2adc...vdmo3_1280.png
http://37.media.tumblr.com/74ab73b29...vdmo5_1280.png

from her little house
http://37.media.tumblr.com/0e377de2f...vdmo1_1280.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7eb38f923...vdmo4_1280.png

i hadn't seen this family pic before
http://31.media.tumblr.com/72aa96eb3...7nlo1_1280.jpg