The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 AM
Commoner

The Water Prize, 2006

Maryland Student Honored for Water Research

HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden will present the award on August 26, during a ceremony held in conjunction with the Stockholm Water Symposium. The laureate will receive a $5,000 scholarship and a crystal sculpture.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060627/nytu105.html?.v=55

Old 08-21-2006, 04:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Willem-Alexander of Netherlands arrive to the Global Water Partnerships meeting to participate in GWP's celebration of its 10-year anniversary 20 August 2006 at Norra Latin College in Stockholm.
#1: From Profimedia
#2-3: http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/index.jsp
#3: Crown Prince Wilhelm-Alexander (R) of the Netherlands laughs with Sweden's Minister of Development Carin Jaemtin during the opening of World Water Week in Stockholm, Sweden August 21, 2006. (Reuters)

Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

And here are two more pictures from the celebrations of the World Water Partnership.... Both are via the Royal Court's website.

Scanpix/Fredrik Sandberg.

GWF Pictures/Kristofer Sandberg
Old 08-23-2006, 02:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria (L) poses with the winners of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize in Stockholm August 22, 2006. The winners, from the Shanghai Nanyang Model High School team, are: Wang Hao, Xiao Jie and Weng Jie.

From Profimedia
Old 08-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Speech by the Prince of Orange, 21 August 2006
at the opening of the World Water Week ‘Beyond the River’, Stockholm

Excellencies, laureats, dear waterfriends,
Twelve years ago my father pointed me in the direction of water management. In his eyes, it was the most perfect preparation for my future task in life. Large parts of the Netherlands are below sea level, and so we have always had a special relationship with water. That, of course, was a factor. But there was more to it. To my father, water was the key to social, economic and ecological sustainability all over the world. So in his eyes, those who understand water understand life. Or, as W.H. Auden once put it so poetically: Thousands have lived without love, not one without water...........................
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16395
Old 08-23-2006, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

And another picture from the awarding of the Stockholm Junior Water Prize yesterday. And here we see how the Crown Princess likes to recycle outfits on multiple occasions that are sometimes very close to each other - as this looks like the outfit she wore at Solliden on her birthday on 14 July... She should at least stretch the time that passes before she recycles, not that it's a major issue to care about, but it would be nice if she could do that.

Jonas Ekströmer/Scanpix via the Royal Court.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Gentry

this is the dress from her birthday. it looks nice.
her outfit at the Global Water Partnerships looks good. have anybody a picture from her whole body?
i think their clothes are not accordingly for her age. she hasen't got a good style for her age.

i hope you understand me.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra1
this is the dress from her birthday. it looks nice.
her outfit at the Global Water Partnerships looks good. have anybody a picture from her whole body?
i think their clothes are not accordingly for her age. she hasen't got a good style for her age.

i hope you understand me.
I agree with you sandra, but yet she looks really nice, i mean she is really sweet and nice, i like her smile , but still, the ponytail, u talk alot about that ponytail, but i mean i think it fits her OK, but she should find a new hair style or something...:P hehe lol, im new here, so tnx for having me :)
Old 08-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Courtier

IMO she should try out other hair styles. It wouldn't hurt. Also, I think she tends to wear lots of brown and earth tones...maybe she should wear lighter colors. Not bright, just lighter, maybe that will give her a fresher and younger look? But I don't have a problem with any of her clothes, I like them.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Commoner

one word: WOW..!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

more pictures from the Stockholm Junior Water Prize :

Stockholm, Sweden
2006-08-22
China Wins the Stockholm Junior Water Prize Wang Hao, Weng Jie and Xiao Yi from China were awarded the prestigious 2006 Stockholm Junior Water Prize tonight in a formal ceremony in the Stockholm City Conference Centre/Folkets Hus during the World Water Week in Stockholm. The students from from Shanghai Nanyang Model High School received the Prize from the hands of H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria on behalf of the Stockholm Water Foundation. They also received a USD 5,000 scholarship and a crystal sculpture.

(photos by David Sica for Stella/Uppa)
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

more by David Sica :

Old 08-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Courtier

I guess she ikes that outfit. I think i have seen the shoes and and tha skirt at least on 3 different occasions :)
Old 08-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Professor Asit K. Biswas, an Indian-born Canadian citizen and president of the Mexico City-based Third World Centre for Water Management, poses with Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden after receiving the Stockholm Water Prize 2006 at a ceremony in Stockholm 24 August 2006.
Professor Biswas received the prize for his work in solving the global water ressource issues. The Stockholm Water Prize is a global award founded in 1990 and presented annually to an individual, organisation or institution for outstanding water-related activities.

(picture from SCANPIX SWEDEN / Jonas Ekstromer via profimedia)
Old 08-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Gentry

Purple_platinum, I think we both had the same idea, so I deleted my previous message.
Thank you very much for posting all those beautiful pictures.
IMO the Crown Princess looked absolutely stunning tonight.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Courtier

I looked twice, I did not recognize Crown Princess Victoria in the above photograph she looks like a model!

What a change from the usual ponytail! She looks great.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Bravo! Bravo!
She looks outstanding!!!!
I wish she would look at her own pictures and see herself the way we do, and see how beautiful she is when she gets rid of that pony tail!!!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Wow! She looks really beautiful in this picture!
I like the way she styled her hair!
That dress looks stunning! It looks a bit like this green dress Princess Mary of Denmark wore several times.

Old 08-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Wow!! She looks amazing! Please tell me there are more pictures!! PLEASE!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

WOOOW! What a style! Vicky looks amazing! Real queen

Tags
crown prince willem-alexander, crown princess victoria, prince of orange, prince willem alexander, world water week, willem-alexander