The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-15-2017, 01:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

The 40th Birthday - 14 July, 2017

The founder and organizer of the Victoria Day (Victoriadagen) concert in Borgholm, Kay Wiestål, told to Expressen in December, that he had got a letter from the Royal Court. The court confirmed that Victoria, Daniel, the king and queen will celebrate Victoria's 40th birthday in Öland on 14th July. And Wiestål thinks that other members of the family will come too.
Victorias beslut om 40-årsdagen i sommar _ Kungligt _ Expressen

The tickets were put on sale on the next day.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2d&oe=58B1CFD2

Queen Silvia talked about Victoria's birthday to Expressen's reporter Elias Giertz last week when she and the king arrived to the dinner hosted by the Speaker of the Parliament.
Giertz writes that queen Silvia is already making plans for the celebration - and reveals that there will be a folk festival in Stockholm.
- We have a big anniversary now. It is the Crown Princess's birthday, and of course we look forward to it very much.
And the royal couple is already making plans for Victoria's 40th birthday. In addition to a celebration at Solliden on Öland, there will also be a big celebration in Stockholm.
- It is nice. It will be both here in Stockholm and at Solliden, says Silvia.
Then Silvia gives a mysterious smile:
- More than that, we will not tell!
According to the director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, more information about Crown Princess Victoria's 40th anniversary will be published later.
- The planning is ongoing. Once the planning is complete, we will communicate it and tell you how the birthday will be celebrated.
How involved the royal couple and the family in general are in the planning of the Crown Princess's birthday?
- The king and queen are involved in the planning.
Usually Victoria's birthday is celebrated on Öland, which will take place even this year. But now it becomes thus a double celebration - both in Stockholm and Öland.
Last such a celebration took place was in 2007, at Victoria's 30th birthday. The celebration began in the morning at the Royal Chapel in Stockholm, followed by an official reception at the Palace. Thousands of members of the public gathered in the inner courtyard where they congratulated Crown Princess Victoria and gave flowers to her. Then the royal family flew to Öland, where the celebration continued in the evening.
Här är Silvias hemliga 40-årsplan för Victoria _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Old 01-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Majesty

Thank you LadyLinn for you reporting!

Hopefully there will be big celebrations with foreign royalty and diginitaries...

Old 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kay Wiestål, the founder of Victoria-dagen concert, told to the press today that the Norwegian super success duo Marcus & Martinus performs at the concert.
- I thought of them early in the process and now it is clear. They are so incredibly popular, it has to be noted that the crown princess turns 40 this year.
A crowd of between 5,000 and 7,000 people usually come to Victoriadagen-concert. But this year there may be room for a larger audience.
- We will develop the arena and see how many people can be taken in, it is drawn in full. We want to get more standing places and we must have better screens so that everyone can see, and then the crown princess must have it really good, says Wiestål.
More artists will be booked on shortly.
- It will not be long before the program is finished, says Wiestål.
Norwegian twin brothers Marcus & Martinus have hit it big in Sweden and the 15-year-olds recently sold out Globen in Stockholm several times.
Marcus & Martinus firar kronprinsessan på Victoriadagen - Barometern

The news at the official website of Victoriadagen
Marcus & Martinus kommer till Victoriadagen 2017! _ Victoriadagen
Old 03-02-2017, 10:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, writes at his chronicle that they know how Victoria's birthday is celebrated.
There will be a Te Deum, church service in the morning at the Royal Chapel and then a reception at the Royal Palace. In the afternoon Victoria gets to a plane and flies to Öland and the traditional concert at the Borgholm Sports Arena. Usually Victoria is celebrated and she greets the thousands of people at Solliden Palace on her birthday - but this year it will be on the next day. And Lindwall claims that Victoria's birthday is a three-day celebration.
Johan T Lindwall_ ”Så blir Victorias stora 40-årsfirande!” _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-02-2017, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning, writes at his chronicle that they know how Victoria's birthday is celebrated.
There will be a Te Deum, church service in the morning at the Royal Chapel and then a reception at the Royal Palace. In the afternoon Victoria gets to a plane and flies to Öland and the traditional concert at the Borgholm Sports Arena. Usually Victoria is celebrated and she greets the thousands of people at Solliden Palace on her birthday - but this year it will be on the next day. And Lindwall claims that Victoria's birthday is a three-day celebration.
Johan T Lindwall_ ”Så blir Victorias stora 40-årsfirande!” _ Svensk Damtidning
I really don't like Lindwall, but he's usually quite well informed, so I think it's probably going to be a three day event. Has the court released any official information yet?
Old 03-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I really don't like Lindwall, but he's usually quite well informed, so I think it's probably going to be a three day event. Has the court released any official information yet?
No.

And at the paper issue of Svensk Damtidning they have this schedule:

Thursday 13th July
A private party with friends

Friday 14th July
10.00 Te Deum at the Royal Chapel
12.00 Reception/Lunch at the Royal Palace
15.00 The crown princess flies with the government plane to Kalmar
18.30 The Royal Family arrives to the concert to Borgholm Sports Arena
20.30 Private dinner with friends at Solliden Palace

Saturday 15th July
14.00 Victoria meets the people who want to congratulate her at Solliden Palace
Old 03-02-2017, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I have the same opinion as you. We'll see how accurate he is this time.

It seems like the plans are similair to the ones for her 30th birthday. Too bad that the public celebration in Solliden will not take place on the actual birthday, this means the celebrations this year are more for invited guests.

We'll have to wait and see what the Court announce and then what royal turnout we could expect for the events.
Old 03-10-2017, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning writes that according their information, the annual Solliden exhibition will this year focus on the Crown Princess's life and is a tribute for her 40th birthday.
According to the calendar, the king inaugurates the exhibition on 15th May.
Så firas kronprinsessan Victorias 40-årsdag _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 03-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

About Victoria's birthday at Sverigemagasinet
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 03-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Looking forward to Victoria's 40th birthday celebrations. I think a great birthday gift for her would be CG's abdication and her ascension to the Silver Throne. I know it won't happen, but it would be a heck of a gift.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

imo that would be not so much a gift, but a burden....seeing that she has two small children imo a gift would be for her to enjoy her familylife for a few more years (with the obligations she has in her job as CP) and not haven to take over the crown (which will come with many more obligations)
Old 03-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. It's enough balancing being CP and all her work with that, with two small children. Let Estelle and Oscar have some time with mum before she is queen. Time enough for her to be queen and Estelle to be crown princess. Felipe, WA and Philippe though they all have younger kids, certainly not as young. Besides there were other deciding factors not existing in Sweden.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:38 PM
Gentry

Say what? She'll turn 40? Wow I thought she was younger Got enamored by her youthful beauty I guess :o
Old 03-19-2017, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Looking forward to Victoria's 40th birthday celebrations. I think a great birthday gift for her would be CG's abdication and her ascension to the Silver Throne. I know it won't happen, but it would be a heck of a gift.
Eeehhh i don't think that would be a "gift" Victoria would appreciate. Not at all.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I have the same opinion as you. We'll see how accurate he is this time.

It seems like the plans are similair to the ones for her 30th birthday. Too bad that the public celebration in Solliden will not take place on the actual birthday, this means the celebrations this year are more for invited guests.

We'll have to wait and see what the Court announce and then what royal turnout we could expect for the events.
Yes Lindwall is a typical tabloid journalist. Don't like him very much either but he can be quite well informed.

Yes it is sad if there will be no public meet and greet on the actual birthday. But i guess that's a consequence of being both in Stockholm and on Borgholm.
The Te Deum Service and Following lunch reception would be easy to have in Kalmar instead (in my opinion).

Looking forward to her birthday and hope that the media coverage will be a good and respectful one.

If there will be any foreign royal guests it would likely be the crown princely couples and maybe regent couples from Victorias generation.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
If there will be any foreign royal guests it would likely be the crown princely couples and maybe regent couples from Victorias generation.
That's probably the case if we'll see any international royal guests, maybe her godparents attend as well.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure the godparents, well except aunt Desiree and possibly her uncle, will attend. Could be wrong.

I would be surprised if we don't see a few royals. Victoria is very close to Fred and Haakon for years. WA and Max are also likely, Haakon and WA can represent her godparents. Would be a nice touch if Catharina Amalia, Ingrid and Christan came. Guillaume and Stephanie are a possibility too. The young heirs do mingle on a private level.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her godchildren would be fun but i'm not sure if that's doable (there are quite a few, i think)
Old 03-19-2017, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

At least TV-channel TV4 will have a program with Victoria's interview due to her 40th birthday. TV4's program leader Jenny Alversjö wrote at her Twitter a couple of weeks ago, that her colleague has been commissioned with that program.
Probably SVT will do their own interview too.
Old 03-19-2017, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Her godchildren would be fun but i'm not sure if that's doable (there are quite a few, i think)
18. But most of those are children of close friends and family, people likely to be invited to her party. Simply think, for those parents attending, it would be nice. At least the older godchildren.