The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks like a very selfconfident, classy and beautiful young woman. She has the big luck to have a husband like Daniel and children like Estelle and Oscar. I guess she is everytime over the moon. But this is fully deserved.

When I will celebrate my 40th birthday I would like to look so incredible good like Victoria.

I hope that I am able to follow the birthday festivities. It could be that I will give birth to my second child in this period.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:47 PM
Majesty

victoria's new official pictures look fab. she looks great in her beautiful outfit and matching white background.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-02-2017, 04:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

This year's Victoria Scholarship is awarded to Jenny Rissveds, a mountainbike rider in cross country. She won the gold medal in women's cross country at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Victoria delivers the Scholarship to Jenny Rissveds at the Victoriadagen concert on her birthday at the Borgholm Sports Arena. Rissveds got HM The King's Medal in February.
ÅRETS VICTORIASTIPENDIAT_ JENNY RISSVEDS - Victoriadagen _ Officiell hemsida
Hon får pris av kronprinsessan Victoria _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The new photos of Victoria are stunning. She looks lovely, and I really like the white, minimalistic theme going on. It's very classy and stylish.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
There are also five new photos of Victoria, taken by photographer Erika Gerdemark. HQ photos at the court press room, they have obviously been taken on 18th May:
Pressbilder Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus
How did you determine it was this day that she took the photos? From the hair?
Old 06-02-2017, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post

Ha ha good one.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
As hard as it was on Victoria, the better mom it makes her in a way, especially to a female heir. She knows all too well the pressure especially when young. Victoria will be careful to make sure Estelle doesn't take on too much too young. Give her time for schooling and such. And hopefully, with her dad a former trainer, she will also be able to handle body issues.

You can see they have started early. Got her comfortable with events from very young, but limited. Keep her grounded and active with every day activities. Those dance lessons with all the other girls, grocery shopping with mom and dad and paying, pizza at the local shop. She gets a nice taste of the life her dad grew up in, especially with her grabdparents and cousins, but also royal life.

To be honest, I'm not so sure about that. Estelle is only 5, but she seems to take part in quite a lot of public events for her age. Compare her e.g. to Leonor (the Princess of Asturias) who is already 11, but seems to live a very secluded life away from the public, or even to Elisabeth of Belgium, who didn't really begin to make significant public appearances until she was about 13 or 14 . I don't know what to make of it.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
Yes, from the hair because I thought immediately that it looked similar than at the Crafoord Prize and when I saved a photo to my computer, it showed the date 18th May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
To be honest, I'm not so sure about that. Estelle is only 5, but she seems to take part in quite a lot of public events for her age. Compare her e.g. to Leonor (the Princess of Asturias) who is already 11, but seems to live a very secluded life away from the public, or even to Elisabeth of Belgium, who didn't really begin to make significant public appearances until she was about 13 or 14 . I don't know what to make of it.
From the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" we can see, that Victoria and her siblings were also a lot at publicity when they were little kids. There are short videos filmed of the family in Solliden and at Christmas and king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia published a lot of photos of them. Her parents took Victoria to meet people at Solliden already on her first birthday. Of course the times were different and the photos weren't in one minute at hundreds of internet websites and social media sites. I think it is very good that Estelle and Oscar are taken at some public events already as young children. Then they get used to cameras clicking and flashes and the photographers calling their names, as like it was normal. It will be much easier for them then when they are older and start doing official work duties.
Victoria on her 2nd birthday at Solliden Palace
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsp...arkPreview.jpg
Old 06-03-2017, 02:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
As I have said that they have got her comfortable with events. They choose things that are kid friendly, other rare family event. Or things like hockey players the other day as we know she is a huge fan. Makes her comfortable with the media in small amounts. Also lessens demand of the media for pictures. Estelle isn't stalked like some royal kids. Easier on a kid to ease them in then suddenly thrust her into events as a teen after hiding her. Estelle will have a much easier time then Leonor, or the Cambridge kids.

The Belgian kids often attend events with their parents. Like the Queen Elizabeth music. Elizabeth goes to the ballet. She has in fact been seen less lately, either busy Ruth school or not into hanging out with mom and dad.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have now watched the second part of the documentary for the second time from TV4 Play. Some things about it:
Ebba asks how Victoria copes with the balance in her life, being a mother of small children? Victoria says that she has it quite the same as most people. And it is very difficult, especially because she feels so strongly about her role and tasks, she has very strong conscientiousness. And she wants to have so much in every level.
Victoria speaks passionately and with a lot of knowledge about the sustainability of the oceans. Victoria says that you see the resources of the earth as finite. They are not infinite, not even the oceans. Unfortunately we haven't had this approach previously. Things get much clearer if we look a forest. Then we see when the trees are logged, how the forest recovers and grows. What happens with the seas, it is easy to ignore it, because we don't see what happens below the surface, and we must change our point of view.
The most fun in her job as the UN Advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals is that it is so important. And in her role, she can come out and speak about it both in Sweden and abroad. And it feels very stimulating and it is a great honor for her to do that.
The documentary shows Victoria giving a speech at a seminar in Tokyo. Ebba asks how Victoria prepares to these events. Victoria says that of course she tries to read, but also to find experiences, because that is what she ultimately wants to tell. She gets a little help to put everything in her speech together, she says she is not very good in it (because of her dyslexia I think). But she wants to speak what she really knows and what are her own words.

What other people say about Victoria at the documentary
- Johan Rockström, director of the Stockholm Resilience Centre and a professor of environmental science at Stockholm University. He has been with Victoria at the dialogues with the big fishing companies, and is also at the Board of EAT Foundation, which organizes EAT Stockholm Food Forum: "Japan is a country with very well developed economy, and has big challenges with sustainability in consumption, energy and management of the ocean. We need big changes for the most significant people, the ceos of the world's biggest fishing companies. If we invite them, they may not come. But when the crown princess invites them, they come. She has an incredible credibility and power to invite people to a discussion. The crown princess is so skilled and articulates so well when it is about fishing, oceans and sustainability. She also conveys something which is quite unique. She doesn't come from the world of science, but she has an amazing credibility and people listen to her. And she speaks from her heart, as a fellow human. That has helped us enormously, also with these dialogues with the ceos. A young person who with so strong emotional way based on her knowledge has a convincing way to discuss about sustainability, the oceans and the future of the mankind. At these issues, in which the crown princess has not only the privilege, but also the responsibility for Sweden. That Sweden has a future monarch, who is so competent".
- Ebba Busch Thor, leader of the Christian Democrats party: "If you look at Hollywood and the fairytales you have grown with, the image of a princess is very superficial. And the crown princess totally overthrows that image. The crown princess opens doors which in some cases are totally closed for everyone else. And that is something people forget, when they discuss about the role of the monarchy in Sweden. In some contexts monarchy is covered only by speaking about clothes. But the monarchy is so much more and in some contexts it can be totally crucial in taking things further. That people meet, and that there will be a change."
- Fredrik Reinfeldt, the prime minister in 2006–14: "The crown princess follows the time. When she attends an event, she makes notes and questions. That has given her a wide knowledge about Sweden and the whole world. Those who meet her, are impressed. She is extremely professional at her task which many misinterpret as easier as it really is. It demands a lot to meet people, act in various environments. It is demanding, especially for a woman, to be always correctly dressed. To be always evaluated, to find the right words. You can see when crown princess Victoria gives a speech that she has an enormous timing. That is something which doesn't come only with training, but it requires talent. It requires that you are prepared and that you have the ability to concentrate. The vast majority wouldn't come close to what she does. Many kings and queens are late in their years. Here comes a crown princess who is in the middle of her life. Of course everyone asks what she wants and gives her space. It contributes attention which would not be gotten without her. The monarchy we have created is a symbol for Sweden, doesn't have political power and they shouldn't speak about urgent everyday issues. But we haven't asked them to be invisible. We haven't locked them to the Palace and said that they shouldn't meet people. The idea is that they should find the right balance at their mission. It is much more difficult than what the people think. And the crown princess has lived with this whole her life. But she shows that she understands where her limits are."
- Jan Eliasson, UN Deputy Secretary-General 2012-16, now Chairman of the Governing Board of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Ebba asks: What do you think people don't know about royals? Eliasson says that even royals are looking for a toilet just like the others. And if it is 46 degrees heat it is so also for the royals. And if you are in front of starving children, everyone gets tears to their eyes, also the royals. Those are situations you would want everyone to see. And to see also how hard their work is. Eliasson says: "When I visit the crown princess at Haga, the kids are coming out of the corner and keep her occupied. And that's the life for all of us, to have the balance with your personal and professional life. It must be a big challenge for her. The crown princess has a good instinct. At these times when you are worried about what happens, it is good that there is someone who contributes to unite our land, but also has knowledge about the world outside. And also to give hope. We need hope and to see possibilities in today's world when there is so much anxiety right now. And when you have this position you can use it to instill courage and hope. We had the terror attack in Stockholm and that the crown princess came there and showed solidarity to those who were involved, gives of course comfort but is also a reminder that the nation should keep it together".
Old 06-04-2017, 02:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow tells at her blog about the day at the Haga Palace, when she interviewed Victoria to the documentary.
"Puh, what day it was! Started at the TV4 staff makeup in the morning and finished at home at six o'clock with a chicken salad in plastic jar that I had not been able to open all day. That day, on a cup of morning coffee. Help! Very, very fun day but also a lovely misty day, in the middle of the baby bubble where I was not directly my sharpest I felt like that. I definitely did not deliver my super best at work that day, which obviously was not top. But then, life came in the way - and life in the shape of a baby is still very nice. I think."

Ebba had her five-week old son Ernst with her at Haga Palace and her friend Eva took care of Ernst while Ebba interviewed Victoria. At the photo they had been waiting for a taxi to arrive to take them home.
En dag på Haga slott » Ebbas blogg
Old 06-05-2017, 03:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Ebba Kleberg von Sydow tells at her blog about the day at the Haga Palace, when she interviewed Victoria to the documentary.
"Puh, what day it was! Started at the TV4 staff makeup in the morning and finished at home at six o'clock with a chicken salad in plastic jar that I had not been able to open all day. That day, on a cup of morning coffee. Help! Very, very fun day but also a lovely misty day, in the middle of the baby bubble where I was not directly my sharpest I felt like that. I definitely did not deliver my super best at work that day, which obviously was not top. But then, life came in the way - and life in the shape of a baby is still very nice. I think."

Ebba had her five-week old son Ernst with her at Haga Palace and her friend Eva took care of Ernst while Ebba interviewed Victoria. At the photo they had been waiting for a taxi to arrive to take them home.
En dag på Haga slott » Ebbas blogg
Ebba Kleberg von Sydow felt like she was not directly at her sharpest. There must have been something in the air because it looks like Victoria was a little confused as to where the interview was conducted and Ebba had to help her a little (Victoria mixed up a little and said "Stockholms Slott" but they were in fact in Haga Palace) and Victoria couldn't stop laughing at her mistake.
Clip from a special program on Crown Princess Victoria's 40th birthday
Old 06-06-2017, 02:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

As it has been told previously, Claes Elfsberg has interviewed Victoria to the program SVT broadcasts on her 40th birthday.

Expressen has today Elfsberg's deep interview, where he is asked also about his interview with Victoria.
What will we get to know in your interview with the Crown Princess?
- I think I get closer to her, she talks about her own anxiety. I have been served toy pancake by Estelle. Prince Daniel cries in front of the camera when he should explain how great his wife is. So I think it will be interesting for people to watch. We all others around think that the crown princess seems absolutely perfect, but she herself finds errors and is nervous. Her husband says she should be kinder to herself.
When I read Alice Bah Kuhnke's interview book "Victoria, Victoria" (2002) I was struck by the loneliness the Crown Princess seemed to have, not least during the period when she distanced herself from all friends because she did not know who she could trust?
- I had the same impression when I interviewed her dad a few years ago. In that role, one gets very lonely. Not because I hang out in the court circles, but it is clear how scheming and creepy it is in the vicinity of royals to get their favor and it probably leads to that loneliness.
Claes Elfsbergs tårar för sina svårt sjuka barn _ Nöje
Old 06-06-2017, 04:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
As it has been told previously, Claes Elfsberg has interviewed Victoria to the program SVT broadcasts on her 40th birthday.

Expressen has today Elfsberg's deep interview, where he is asked also about his interview with Victoria.
What will we get to know in your interview with the Crown Princess?
- I think I get closer to her, she talks about her own anxiety. I have been served toy pancake by Estelle. Prince Daniel cries in front of the camera when he should explain how great his wife is. So I think it will be interesting for people to watch. We all others around think that the crown princess seems absolutely perfect, but she herself finds errors and is nervous. Her husband says she should be kinder to herself.
When I read Alice Bah Kuhnke's interview book "Victoria, Victoria" (2002) I was struck by the loneliness the Crown Princess seemed to have, not least during the period when she distanced herself from all friends because she did not know who she could trust?
- I had the same impression when I interviewed her dad a few years ago. In that role, one gets very lonely. Not because I hang out in the court circles, but it is clear how scheming and creepy it is in the vicinity of royals to get their favor and it probably leads to that loneliness.
Claes Elfsbergs tårar för sina svårt sjuka barn _ Nöje
Old 06-07-2017, 06:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The fotos that have been released for Victorias birthday are very nice and appropriate. I think they doing it right regarding Estelle, having her getting used to the public pressure early on. I dont think they overexpose her. Victoria will have thought about this carefully, since she lived a public childhood and developed anorexia as a young woman because of public pressure. If she saw fault in this, she would have done it differently.

Estelle will lead a public life and there is no way around this. I find it difficult to believe that it is better to have your child live a secluded life with a handful of choreographed outings during the year a la Leonor of Spain and then, when with the 18th birthday the latest, public life is there in full glare and over-the-top interest because so far, Spanish people have to idea who their heiress to the throne is, at the moment the offical photo on the casa real website is five years old (!!!) shows a little girl not the teen she actually is.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Application for accreditation for the photo and media positions at the celebration of HRH The Crown Princess' 40th birthday

The photo and media areas will have a limited number of positions. There will also be good opportunities for media representatives to stand in public areas along the route of the cortège.
Program Friday 14 July – Stockholm
9.00 Guests arrive to the Royal Chapel, Royal Palace
Photo and media position in the Inner Courtyard and Southern Vault, the Royal Palace

10.00 Te Deum thanksgiving service, the Royal Chapel
Photo pool only
Invited reporters are present in the Royal Chapel

Guests leave the Royal Chapel
Photo and media position in the Southern Vault, the Royal Palace

11.15 The King and Queen’s reception at Logården garden, Royal Palace
Photo pool only

12.00 Gun salute will be fired from Skeppsholmen as well as from the salute stations in Boden, Härnösand, Karlskrona and Gothenburg

13.00 Cortège from the Royal Palace via Slottsbacken, Slottskajen, Gustav Adolfs square, Fredsgatan, Vasagatan, Kungsgatan, Birger Jarlsgatan to the Royal Stables
Photo and media positions at Gustav Adolf’s square and a bridge over Kungsgatan
Application for accreditation for the photo and media positions at the celebration of HRH The Crown*Princess' 40th birthday - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 06-11-2017, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now the court website has also an english version of the special website of HRH Crown Princess Victoria's 40th birthday.
HRH Crown Princess Victoria's 40th birthday - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 06-14-2017, 02:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ölandsmagazinet writes at their summer issue about Victoria's birthday.
Years go by, it feels it wasn't so long ago when we got first photos of her birthday in Solliden.
The article tells about this year's celebration in Stockholm and that the celebration in Solliden is very popular because the crown princess with great enthusiam welcomes the congratulations, flowers and hugs and poses for selfies. She cares about her fans and doesn't want anyone to remain disappointed. During the last years the celebration has got even more funny because princess Estelle has made her show and this year we will probably see prince Oscar too. What crown princess Victoria wishes herself as a present, we don't know, but donations to Crown Princess Victoria's Fund are always welcomed.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Belga Image has published its first gallery "Victoria 40", photos from her childhood.
Belga Image

Screenshot from TV4's "Crown princess Victoria 40 years"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUz3J8TAh14/
Old 06-17-2017, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Special photo gallery from NTB Scanpix "14.7 Kronprinsesse Victoria 40 år"
Bildegalleri | Scanpix
Old 06-20-2017, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning published a special magazine about Victoria's birthday, it was released today.

Crown Princess Victoria turns 40!
Of course, Svensk Damtidning wants to celebrate Sweden's popular crown princess when she is now 40 years old. And we do that with a 100-page elegant magazine about Victoria. We offer wonderful photos and stories from childhood, the amazing years with Daniel, the life at Haga, the lovely children Estelle and Oscar, wonderful Nobel dresses and much, much more. A unique magazine to save - and enjoy over and over!
http://butik.svenskdam.se/media/cata...ia-40-ar_1.jpg
Victoria 40 år - Tidningar & böcker