The 40th Birthday - 14 July, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: As hard as it was on Victoria, the better mom it makes her in a way, especially to a female heir. She knows all too well the pressure especially when young. Victoria will be careful to make sure Estelle doesn't take on too much too young. Give her time for schooling and such. And hopefully, with her dad a former trainer, she will also be able to handle body issues.

You can see they have started early. Got her comfortable with events from very young, but limited. Keep her grounded and active with every day activities. Those dance lessons with all the other girls, grocery shopping with mom and dad and paying, pizza at the local shop. She gets a nice taste of the life her dad grew up in, especially with her grabdparents and cousins, but also royal life.

To be honest, I'm not so sure about that. Estelle is only 5, but she seems to take part in quite a lot of public events for her age. Compare her e.g. to Leonor (the Princess of Asturias) who is already 11, but seems to live a very secluded life away from the public, or even to Elisabeth of Belgium, who didn't really begin to make significant public appearances until she was about 13 or 14 . I don't know what to make of it.

How did you determine it was this day that she took the photos? From the hair?

Yes, from the hair because I thought immediately that it looked similar than at the Crafoord Prize and when I saved a photo to my computer, it showed the date 18th May.

To be honest, I'm not so sure about that. Estelle is only 5, but she seems to take part in quite a lot of public events for her age. Compare her e.g. to Leonor (the Princess of Asturias) who is already 11, but seems to live a very secluded life away from the public, or even to Elisabeth of Belgium, who didn't really begin to make significant public appearances until she was about 13 or 14 . I don't know what to make of it.

From the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" we can see, that Victoria and her siblings were also a lot at publicity when they were little kids. There are short videos filmed of the family in Solliden and at Christmas and king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia published a lot of photos of them. Her parents took Victoria to meet people at Solliden already on her first birthday. Of course the times were different and the photos weren't in one minute at hundreds of internet websites and social media sites. I think it is very good that Estelle and Oscar are taken at some public events already as young children. Then they get used to cameras clicking and flashes and the photographers calling their names, as like it was normal. It will be much easier for them then when they are older and start doing official work duties.
Victoria on her 2nd birthday at Solliden Palace
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlsp1f2e40_WatermarkPreview.jpg

Last edited:

As I have said that they have got her comfortable with events. They choose things that are kid friendly, other rare family event. Or things like hockey players the other day as we know she is a huge fan. Makes her comfortable with the media in small amounts. Also lessens demand of the media for pictures. Estelle isn't stalked like some royal kids. Easier on a kid to ease them in then suddenly thrust her into events as a teen after hiding her. Estelle will have a much easier time then Leonor, or the Cambridge kids.

The Belgian kids often attend events with their parents. Like the Queen Elizabeth music. Elizabeth goes to the ballet. She has in fact been seen less lately, either busy Ruth school or not into hanging out with mom and dad.

I have now watched the second part of the documentary for the second time from TV4 Play. Some things about it:
Ebba asks how Victoria copes with the balance in her life, being a mother of small children? Victoria says that she has it quite the same as most people. And it is very difficult, especially because she feels so strongly about her role and tasks, she has very strong conscientiousness. And she wants to have so much in every level.
Victoria speaks passionately and with a lot of knowledge about the sustainability of the oceans. Victoria says that you see the resources of the earth as finite. They are not infinite, not even the oceans. Unfortunately we haven't had this approach previously. Things get much clearer if we look a forest. Then we see when the trees are logged, how the forest recovers and grows. What happens with the seas, it is easy to ignore it, because we don't see what happens below the surface, and we must change our point of view.
The most fun in her job as the UN Advocate for the Sustainable Development Goals is that it is so important. And in her role, she can come out and speak about it both in Sweden and abroad. And it feels very stimulating and it is a great honor for her to do that.
The documentary shows Victoria giving a speech at a seminar in Tokyo. Ebba asks how Victoria prepares to these events. Victoria says that of course she tries to read, but also to find experiences, because that is what she ultimately wants to tell. She gets a little help to put everything in her speech together, she says she is not very good in it (because of her dyslexia I think). But she wants to speak what she really knows and what are her own words.

What other people say about Victoria at the documentary
- Johan Rockström, director of the Stockholm Resilience Centre and a professor of environmental science at Stockholm University. He has been with Victoria at the dialogues with the big fishing companies, and is also at the Board of EAT Foundation, which organizes EAT Stockholm Food Forum: "Japan is a country with very well developed economy, and has big challenges with sustainability in consumption, energy and management of the ocean. We need big changes for the most significant people, the ceos of the world's biggest fishing companies. If we invite them, they may not come. But when the crown princess invites them, they come. She has an incredible credibility and power to invite people to a discussion. The crown princess is so skilled and articulates so well when it is about fishing, oceans and sustainability. She also conveys something which is quite unique. She doesn't come from the world of science, but she has an amazing credibility and people listen to her. And she speaks from her heart, as a fellow human. That has helped us enormously, also with these dialogues with the ceos. A young person who with so strong emotional way based on her knowledge has a convincing way to discuss about sustainability, the oceans and the future of the mankind. At these issues, in which the crown princess has not only the privilege, but also the responsibility for Sweden. That Sweden has a future monarch, who is so competent".
- Ebba Busch Thor, leader of the Christian Democrats party: "If you look at Hollywood and the fairytales you have grown with, the image of a princess is very superficial. And the crown princess totally overthrows that image. The crown princess opens doors which in some cases are totally closed for everyone else. And that is something people forget, when they discuss about the role of the monarchy in Sweden. In some contexts monarchy is covered only by speaking about clothes. But the monarchy is so much more and in some contexts it can be totally crucial in taking things further. That people meet, and that there will be a change."
- Fredrik Reinfeldt, the prime minister in 2006–14: "The crown princess follows the time. When she attends an event, she makes notes and questions. That has given her a wide knowledge about Sweden and the whole world. Those who meet her, are impressed. She is extremely professional at her task which many misinterpret as easier as it really is. It demands a lot to meet people, act in various environments. It is demanding, especially for a woman, to be always correctly dressed. To be always evaluated, to find the right words. You can see when crown princess Victoria gives a speech that she has an enormous timing. That is something which doesn't come only with training, but it requires talent. It requires that you are prepared and that you have the ability to concentrate. The vast majority wouldn't come close to what she does. Many kings and queens are late in their years. Here comes a crown princess who is in the middle of her life. Of course everyone asks what she wants and gives her space. It contributes attention which would not be gotten without her. The monarchy we have created is a symbol for Sweden, doesn't have political power and they shouldn't speak about urgent everyday issues. But we haven't asked them to be invisible. We haven't locked them to the Palace and said that they shouldn't meet people. The idea is that they should find the right balance at their mission. It is much more difficult than what the people think. And the crown princess has lived with this whole her life. But she shows that she understands where her limits are."
- Jan Eliasson, UN Deputy Secretary-General 2012-16, now Chairman of the Governing Board of Stockholm International Peace Research Institute. Ebba asks: What do you think people don't know about royals? Eliasson says that even royals are looking for a toilet just like the others. And if it is 46 degrees heat it is so also for the royals. And if you are in front of starving children, everyone gets tears to their eyes, also the royals. Those are situations you would want everyone to see. And to see also how hard their work is. Eliasson says: "When I visit the crown princess at Haga, the kids are coming out of the corner and keep her occupied. And that's the life for all of us, to have the balance with your personal and professional life. It must be a big challenge for her. The crown princess has a good instinct. At these times when you are worried about what happens, it is good that there is someone who contributes to unite our land, but also has knowledge about the world outside. And also to give hope. We need hope and to see possibilities in today's world when there is so much anxiety right now. And when you have this position you can use it to instill courage and hope. We had the terror attack in Stockholm and that the crown princess came there and showed solidarity to those who were involved, gives of course comfort but is also a reminder that the nation should keep it together".

Last edited:
Ebba Kleberg von Sydow tells at her blog about the day at the Haga Palace, when she interviewed Victoria to the documentary.
"Puh, what day it was! Started at the TV4 staff makeup in the morning and finished at home at six o'clock with a chicken salad in plastic jar that I had not been able to open all day. That day, on a cup of morning coffee. Help! Very, very fun day but also a lovely misty day, in the middle of the baby bubble where I was not directly my sharpest I felt like that. I definitely did not deliver my super best at work that day, which obviously was not top. But then, life came in the way - and life in the shape of a baby is still very nice. I think."

Ebba had her five-week old son Ernst with her at Haga Palace and her friend Eva took care of Ernst while Ebba interviewed Victoria. At the photo they had been waiting for a taxi to arrive to take them home.
En dag på Haga slott » Ebbas blogg

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow tells at her blog about the day at the Haga Palace, when she interviewed Victoria to the documentary.
"Puh, what day it was! Started at the TV4 staff makeup in the morning and finished at home at six o'clock with a chicken salad in plastic jar that I had not been able to open all day. That day, on a cup of morning coffee. Help! Very, very fun day but also a lovely misty day, in the middle of the baby bubble where I was not directly my sharpest I felt like that. I definitely did not deliver my super best at work that day, which obviously was not top. But then, life came in the way - and life in the shape of a baby is still very nice. I think."

Ebba had her five-week old son Ernst with her at Haga Palace and her friend Eva took care of Ernst while Ebba interviewed Victoria. At the photo they had been waiting for a taxi to arrive to take them home.
En dag på Haga slott » Ebbas blogg

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow felt like she was not directly at her sharpest. There must have been something in the air because it looks like Victoria was a little confused as to where the interview was conducted and Ebba had to help her a little (Victoria mixed up a little and said "Stockholms Slott" but they were in fact in Haga Palace) and Victoria couldn't stop laughing at her mistake.
Clip from a special program on Crown Princess Victoria's 40th birthday :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DkzDciPzHM

As it has been told previously, Claes Elfsberg has interviewed Victoria to the program SVT broadcasts on her 40th birthday.

Expressen has today Elfsberg's deep interview, where he is asked also about his interview with Victoria.
What will we get to know in your interview with the Crown Princess?
- I think I get closer to her, she talks about her own anxiety. I have been served toy pancake by Estelle. Prince Daniel cries in front of the camera when he should explain how great his wife is. So I think it will be interesting for people to watch. We all others around think that the crown princess seems absolutely perfect, but she herself finds errors and is nervous. Her husband says she should be kinder to herself.
When I read Alice Bah Kuhnke's interview book "Victoria, Victoria" (2002) I was struck by the loneliness the Crown Princess seemed to have, not least during the period when she distanced herself from all friends because she did not know who she could trust?
- I had the same impression when I interviewed her dad a few years ago. In that role, one gets very lonely. Not because I hang out in the court circles, but it is clear how scheming and creepy it is in the vicinity of royals to get their favor and it probably leads to that loneliness.
Claes Elfsbergs tårar för sina svårt sjuka barn _ Nöje

Last edited:
As it has been told previously, Claes Elfsberg has interviewed Victoria to the program SVT broadcasts on her 40th birthday.

Expressen has today Elfsberg's deep interview, where he is asked also about his interview with Victoria.
What will we get to know in your interview with the Crown Princess?
- I think I get closer to her, she talks about her own anxiety. I have been served toy pancake by Estelle. Prince Daniel cries in front of the camera when he should explain how great his wife is. So I think it will be interesting for people to watch. We all others around think that the crown princess seems absolutely perfect, but she herself finds errors and is nervous. Her husband says she should be kinder to herself.
When I read Alice Bah Kuhnke's interview book "Victoria, Victoria" (2002) I was struck by the loneliness the Crown Princess seemed to have, not least during the period when she distanced herself from all friends because she did not know who she could trust?
- I had the same impression when I interviewed her dad a few years ago. In that role, one gets very lonely. Not because I hang out in the court circles, but it is clear how scheming and creepy it is in the vicinity of royals to get their favor and it probably leads to that loneliness.
Claes Elfsbergs tårar för sina svårt sjuka barn _ Nöje

:eek: :ohmy::eek::ohmy:

The fotos that have been released for Victorias birthday are very nice and appropriate. I think they doing it right regarding Estelle, having her getting used to the public pressure early on. I dont think they overexpose her. Victoria will have thought about this carefully, since she lived a public childhood and developed anorexia as a young woman because of public pressure. If she saw fault in this, she would have done it differently.

Estelle will lead a public life and there is no way around this. I find it difficult to believe that it is better to have your child live a secluded life with a handful of choreographed outings during the year a la Leonor of Spain and then, when with the 18th birthday the latest, public life is there in full glare and over-the-top interest because so far, Spanish people have to idea who their heiress to the throne is, at the moment the offical photo on the casa real website is five years old (!!!) shows a little girl not the teen she actually is.

Application for accreditation for the photo and media positions at the celebration of HRH The Crown Princess' 40th birthday

The photo and media areas will have a limited number of positions. There will also be good opportunities for media representatives to stand in public areas along the route of the cortège.
Program Friday 14 July – Stockholm
9.00 Guests arrive to the Royal Chapel, Royal Palace
Photo and media position in the Inner Courtyard and Southern Vault, the Royal Palace

10.00 Te Deum thanksgiving service, the Royal Chapel
Photo pool only
Invited reporters are present in the Royal Chapel

Guests leave the Royal Chapel
Photo and media position in the Southern Vault, the Royal Palace

11.15 The King and Queen’s reception at Logården garden, Royal Palace
Photo pool only

12.00 Gun salute will be fired from Skeppsholmen as well as from the salute stations in Boden, Härnösand, Karlskrona and Gothenburg

13.00 Cortège from the Royal Palace via Slottsbacken, Slottskajen, Gustav Adolfs square, Fredsgatan, Vasagatan, Kungsgatan, Birger Jarlsgatan to the Royal Stables
Photo and media positions at Gustav Adolf’s square and a bridge over Kungsgatan
Application for accreditation for the photo and media positions at the celebration of HRH The Crown*Princess' 40th birthday - Sveriges Kungahus

Ölandsmagazinet writes at their summer issue about Victoria's birthday.
Years go by, it feels it wasn't so long ago when we got first photos of her birthday in Solliden.
The article tells about this year's celebration in Stockholm and that the celebration in Solliden is very popular because the crown princess with great enthusiam welcomes the congratulations, flowers and hugs and poses for selfies. She cares about her fans and doesn't want anyone to remain disappointed. During the last years the celebration has got even more funny because princess Estelle has made her show and this year we will probably see prince Oscar too. What crown princess Victoria wishes herself as a present, we don't know, but donations to Crown Princess Victoria's Fund are always welcomed.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Belga Image has published its first gallery "Victoria 40", photos from her childhood.
Belga Image

Screenshot from TV4's "Crown princess Victoria 40 years"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUz3J8TAh14/

Svensk Damtidning published a special magazine about Victoria's birthday, it was released today.

Crown Princess Victoria turns 40!
Of course, Svensk Damtidning wants to celebrate Sweden's popular crown princess when she is now 40 years old. And we do that with a 100-page elegant magazine about Victoria. We offer wonderful photos and stories from childhood, the amazing years with Daniel, the life at Haga, the lovely children Estelle and Oscar, wonderful Nobel dresses and much, much more. A unique magazine to save - and enjoy over and over!
http://butik.svenskdam.se/media/cat...de70892d86c6d221abfe/v/i/victoria-40-ar_1.jpg
Victoria 40 år - Tidningar & böcker

APA Picturedesk has published photos, which photographer Jonas Ekströmer from TT Nyhetsbyrån took of Victoria on 5th June at Haga Palace to the interview Victoria gave to TT due to her 40th birthday. I'm sure that we get bigger versions of these photos when the interview is published.
APA PictureDesk

According to SVT's schedule, they broadcast on 14th July at SVT1 at 11.25-13.30. This will be seen at SVT play too.
Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 and today's celebration begins at the Royal Palace with invited guests. At 12.00 pm, the salute from Skeppsholmen takes place and at 13.00 the Crown Princess family rides at a cortège through Stockholm. Mark Levengood is the program leader and follows the celebration among spectators and guests, and makes backlashes on Victorias life.
And at 21.00-22.30 SVT1 and SVT play show the concert "Grattis Kronprinsessan!"
In the evening, we go to Öland where the celebrations are organized for the 39th year in a row, with a tribute at Borgholm's sports arena. Kalle Moraeus is the program leader and the performers are Malena Ernman, Magnus Uggla, Jill Johnson, Norwegian twins Marcus & Martinus, Boris René and Christer Lindarw.
Grattis kronprinsessan! _ SVT.se

And in the evening before the concert, at 20.00-21.00, SVT1 broadcasts the interview Claes Elfsberg has made with Victoria "Hennes vänliga majestät" (Her friedly Majesty).
Crown Princess Victoria is portrayed before her 40th birthday. Claes Elfsberg interviews her at Haga Palace and talks about the dublication of work and performance anxiety, about vulnerability and privileges. Can you be "normal" as crown princess? We will look into the playhouse of the Haga princesses with Princess Estelle and Prince Oscar. Prince Daniel tells lovingly about his wife, the Crown Princess of Sweden.
The interview will be seen at SVT play too.
Kanaler _ SVT Play
Hennes vänliga majestät _ Allt Om Medias blog
http://media.webb-tv.nu/2017/06/hennes-vanliga-majestat-svt-play-streaming.jpg

Last edited:
And just like I guessed, we get to see Jonas Ekströmer's photos for TT. The interview TT made about Victoria due to her 40th birthday has now been published.

Expressen about the interview:
The Crown Princess: Mixed feelings for 40
She welcomes us at Haga Palace under a splendid summer sky. The Crown Princess is dressed in dark blue apparel, with her hair in a tight bun and a curious smile on her lips. She describes herself as "a little tired".
- It is clear that there is a lot to be done with. But that's what makes it exciting and charming too, says Crown Princess Victoria.
The interview is made on the glass veranda facing the private part of the garden behind the Palace. A large trampoline is located next to the gravel walk and in the sandbox near the playhouse, where the Crown Princess's aunts Haga Princesses played as children, there are colorful plastic toys.
It is a special feeling that the family is back at Haga, she says.
- I have never had the opportunity to meet my grandparents, so come here to Haga, which I know meant a lot to them and their children, it feels incredibly special. It feels a bit like getting them closer. An attempt to get to know them maybe.
Today she has her own long-awaited family. Five years ago the dream about to become mom came true when Princess Estelle was born. Last year, the family was expanded with a little brother, Prince Oscar.
To unite the mission as crown princess to being a mother for small children at the same isn't easy.
- There is a lot to be done with in a day and I really want to be an available mom, present and a mom who is a good role model too. And of course it should be combined with a professional role and it is not always that easy.
Even though the Crown Princess has a lot of help, she can also feel sad about what she misses,.
- You miss a lot of nice moments with the kids. I belong to those who are careful to document the children's upbringing. I'm really trying to actively observe and write down small things that happen.
TT: How would the Crown Princess describe Prince Oscar and Princess Estelle?
- Oscar is very calm. Highly observant. A little reserved but fearless. Social and loves his big sister. Estelle is so full of life. Loves people, secure, social, lovely humor, joking. And hugely caring. I have no boring children!, she says gladly.
An event that went straight into many hearts was when the Crown Princess, deeply moved, the day after the terror attack on Drottninggatan, came to the place to honor the victims.
- I felt a huge sadness in that it had also hit Stockholm and the open and accessible society we want. It was an attempt to understand what it was that hit us. But also, of course, to show my truly sincere involvement in the sorrow that so many people in the place felt, she says.
The Crown Princess learned early to live with the presence of photographers. But growing up in the spotlight also created performance anxiety. About her anorexia, she says now:
- It was a tough period. A fairly distraught period, not quite unusual for when you are in that age. I'm grateful that I got help, because it's not so easy to get rid of such a situation yourself, when you feel very bad and have a lot of anxiety.
Today she has learned how to handle high demands and difficult emotions. She finds peace and harmony in nature.
- I'm not an indoor person, I feel much better when I'm outdoors. For me it means very much to come out, have a walk or run or just stay out, with the kids or so.
Even though the Crown Princess today focuses on her duties as just Crown Princess, she is also preparing to take over the throne one day.
- My whole life is about to serve Sweden. It may sound pretentious to say that today. But that's really how I feel. I see my parents in their tireless work and with what joy they do, with an ever-ending interest. I hope I can feel the same joy they do when I am at their age.
TT: How are thoughts about 40?
- Well, the time is going too fast. I don't feel at all like 40. But Princess Lilian always said that's how you feel yourself that counts. In this case, it's positive, because I do not feel like 40.
What she desires most of all? A long summer.
- I'm very ready for summer holidays right now, says Crown Princess Victoria.
Kronprinsessan_ Blandade känslor inför 40 _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation

From Svensk Damtidning
Victoria_ Jag känner mig inte som 40 _ Svensk Damtidning
Victoria om Estelle och Oscar_ ”Jag har inga tråkiga barn” _ Svensk Damtidning
Victoria berättar om sina sorger _ Svensk Damtidning
Victoria om händelsen som skakade hela Stockholm _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited:
German Die Aktuelle has also got Victoria's interview due to her 40th birthday on the same day as TT. The interview has mostly the same things than at TT's interview.
Of her children Victoria says: "My children are the greatest gift for me."
About working together with her husband Victoria says: "I find it wonderful to be able to share many experiences and impressions with someone you love and with whom you live together. It's a very intense cohabiting though. But we are good at supporting each other. We complement each other in our thinking and actions. At the same time, we are thinking about things quite differently, but I believe that is an important part of our strength".
About keeping the Love alive Victoria says: "I believe that you have to always be aware of your love and must actively work on it. It can happen very fast that the everyday life simply goes on and you somehow have no time for each other. If you are aware of this danger and remain alert, you already have a good starting position".
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=8f6495859ffd3378db068518cbb3ecf7&oe=59CEA61E

Princess Victoria Speaks Working Mom Truth

LadyFinn, thanks for the great job you does on this and other threads!

Photos of Svensk Damtidning's special magazine "Grattis Kronprinsessan 40 år"
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50cbb/g_2ZehGHZy4.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50cc5/JlBUhqsZnfc.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50ccf/_4EJoyIi01Q.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50cd9/Ea5FcniR26s.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50ce3/2Rd2Lgn8lwo.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50ced/SbOW7Sj5NGI.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50cf7/xxGOHIaUmE4.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d01/JBUrIcYY7nI.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d0b/EICJ5pxtNpk.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d15/81BUf7nSJfM.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d29/9koBfS_zNIs.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d33/1ho2LXy3dLY.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d3d/_CGLHihvcpw.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d47/BGI9xAhHWcc.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d51/Bs5gf8nfYoA.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d5b/jW3fEFjV-sU.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d65/m5tvIOTmtUE.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d6f/h70ARmnDrCs.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d79/1JixKPYd22I.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d83/18l3hj0Hw8Q.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d8d/UyO7vFfmzME.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50d97/7uPUPmya4zQ.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50da1/Lccq0uOTB6g.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50dab/9xMLyZp3fCA.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50db5/g4ASq6sLrwI.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50dbf/Yv5r78EzOeA.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50dc9/goik1srOyt4.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50dd3/EcF7NHBvhNY.jpg

More
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50de7/og_3F1e2P4U.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50df1/6bl6lepe2A0.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50dfb/hyL9su3I-dI.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e05/y_wzbFDiqs0.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e0f/Y0V3PfLQxt8.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e19/Cg7g94Tc9MQ.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e23/BCgyt5Tmnp0.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e2d/hxbgoECEYYg.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e37/EINOKCjuG6U.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e41/fs4OaPy8a3c.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e4b/eQgcOeSruPw.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e55/4yQwpJOf5ak.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e5f/60WQ8zwz2-8.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e69/WOu1ZXJlYYY.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e73/9l8AEs7oeyw.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e87/HOTN6UKGoJ4.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e91/v3lGIEmAze8.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c837132/v837132381/50e9b/7fvZsw60dt0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fundraising Victoria Oaks
To the 40th anniversary of Crown Princess Victoria, Foundation Naturarvet wants to give her a fundraising to preserve 4,000 square meters of old forest in Solliden, Sålanda. Here are three magnificent oaks that guard Solliden's 12.7 hectare large old forest to the south. We call them the Victoria oaks and they work as umbrella trees for all other plants and animals that receive protection within 4,000 sqm around the oaks.
The Victoria oaks become part of the ancient forest of Solliden, a true natural heritage as the crown princess's descendants, and everyone else will also be able to experience as long as the oaks live, and then as fallen exams until new oaks or other trees grow up in the glow created by the eighteen-year life cycle .
The undraising of Victoria oaks aims to collect SEK 40,000, which helps preserve 4,000 sqm of forest forever. This area is part of Sollidens old forest of 12.7 hectares, which the Nature Heritage will preserve this year.
The Statutes of the Foundation guarantee that the forest will never be used in any way and never sold.
If the fundraising gets more money than targeted, we expand the umbrella area of ​​the Victoria Oaks, corresponding to 100 sqm for each additional 1000 SEK. The fundraising will be completed well in advance of July 14th, so that we can hand over a handwritten gift certificate for the Victoria oaks to the Crown Princess's 40th anniversary.

Photo competition Victoria oaks
At the same time we start a photo contest with the following layout: Take the best photo of the Victoria oak trees in their context in the old forest. The best photo is chosen to decorate the handwritten gift certificate, which will be handed to Crown Princess Victoria in good time until her 40th anniversary.
The competition will continue until June 30, 2017, and then a two-member jury will choose which photo will win the place on the diploma.
Insamling Victoria-ekarna

Last edited:
Swedish royal magazine Kungliga Magasinet released today their special issue with 148 pages due to Victoria's 40th birthday. The magazine will be in shops on Tuesday.
Victoria's and Daniel's happy Love Story
Hurra hurra everything about the folk festival and celebration in Solliden
Unique interview with Victoria "Estelle and Oscar are the greatest gift I have received"
That is why we love the Crown princess
- Childhood and growth
- Duties and personal issues
- Family and free time
Big photo special
The finest moments
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=a7ae3faed50c1481c6b8b243bd5e40a9&oe=59C80AF0

Allocation of seats for the photo and media positions at HRH The Crown Princess’ 40th birthday
Below is the list of the media outlets that have been allocated a seat/seats in the photo and media positions in Stockholm and on Öland, 14-15 July.
The number in brackets ( ) states how many seats each media outlet has been allocated.
Allocation of seats for the photo and media positions at*HRH The Crown Princess’ 40th birthday - Sveriges Kungahus

Svensk Damtidning sponsors Victoria's 40th birthday
As "The Royal Weekly Magazine", Svensk Damtidning covers everything that happens around the court. This year the magazine becomes one of the main sponsors during Victoriadagen in Öland in connection with the Crown Princess's 40th birthday. This is the first time the magazine is one of the sponsors.
Resumé interviewed Johan T Lindwall, the editor-in-chief of Svensk Damtidning.
Why do you sponsor Victoria's 40th anniversary?
- I think it's very important to get our magazine out and to be seen at different places where our readers are. The Crown Princess celebrating 40 years will be an incredible event with the entire royal family in place in Öland and I'm proud that we are one of the main sponsors.
Svensk Damtidning will be seen in connection with Victoriagolf and with a large tent during Victoriadagen where the magazine meets its readers. Lindwall estimates that 90 % of visitors coming to Öland between 13-14 July come due to the Crown Princess's birthday.
- I am quite new as editor-in-chief and one of the first initiatives I saw that we could do is that we need to be seen among our audience. That's why I think this venture will be very important and our magazine will continue to be profitable in the future.
You are following and reviewing the royal house. Do you see any problem with sponsoring Victoriadagen?
- No, not at all. We are completely open to being the main sponsor of the event and will be seen in different ways in Borgholm. We see great benefits.
How big investment this is to Svensk Damtiding?
- I can't go to exact numbers. But it's quite a big investment and is unique to us to be seen in this way.
Johan T Lindwall will be in place during the days. The sponsorship is also a strategy to strengthen SD's position as news source for royal news.
- When there are major news events around the royal house, svenskdam.se should be the place people go to. The evening newspapers have had that position before and it is my mission to change it. We should always be leaders in the news, says Lindwall.
Svensk Damtidning sponsrar Victorias 40-årsdag - Resumé

Last edited:
SVT changed the name of Victoria's interview with Claes Elfsberg due to her 40th birthday, at first it was "Hennes vänliga majestät" (Her kind majesty), now it is "Hennes vänliga höghet" (Her kind highness). Probably the court has pointed out that Victoria isn't a Majesty.

SVT Play has a short video of Daniel's interview at the program "Hennes vänliga höghet". First is a clip from their wedding and then Daniel tells about Victoria, how they met. Victoria and Estelle are seen. And Daniel gets tears in his eyes when he talks about his wife.
Prins Daniel rörd till tårar när han hyllar sin hustru _ SVT Play

Some screenshots

Daniel says at the interview:
- She came to my surroundings where I felt very safe. It grew very naturally.
He continues to talk about her qualities, how she can always meet the weak and vulnerable, with so high performance requirements for herself.
- I would not say that she is somber or so, but on the other hand, I would say she is not as kind to herself as she should be.
He describes her way of meeting people and experiences her imaginative ability as unique.
- There is an incredible warmth that I think creates this person.
He tells about when she was on a trip in an African country and met children who were ill in HIV and AIDS. How she carried around a child who was four years old but seemed to be only two because he was so sick. Despite the disease and the rash, she carried the child.
- She saved the blouse she wore then. After a stock of such strong meetings you become a special person. I think it says a lot about her and the incredible person she is, says Prince Daniel and moved to tears.
Prins Daniel rörd till tårar_ ”Hon är en otrolig person” _ SVT Nyheter

Expressen about the video:
Daniel's declaration of love for Victoria - moved to tears
Prince Daniel goes to tears when he talks about love: Crown Princess Victoria. In an interview with SVT, the prince moves to tears when he explains his love:
- We are talking about my wife. This is starting to be too much for me, I feel, says the prince to SVT's Claes Elfsberg.
In an interview before her 40th birthday with Claes Elfsberg, Crown Princess Victoria tells about the press she feels, and about her eating disorders when she was younger.
Her husband for seven years, Prince Daniel, tells that his wife sometimes can be tough on herself. He addresses the performance requirements she feels about herself.
Daniel of Victoria: "Absolutely unique"
On the question of Victoria's high demands on herself, her husband responds:
- She definitely has. She has had too high demands, but I think she is more balanced and can accept that sometimes it does not work exactly as you want. In meeting with people, I think, she is unique. She makes people feel that they are seen, she creates an incredible feeling where she is and strengthens people and works as the unifying positive force in an unbelievable way.
The prince gets tears in his eyes
Prince Daniel and Crown Princess Victoria have two children together: Princess Estelle, 5, and Prince Oscar, 1.
When Prince Daniel gives his declaration of love about his wife, it suddenly breaks for him. His voice is cracking, and he gets tears in his eyes.
Claes Elfsberg asks the prince why he is touched when he talks about Victoria. The prince answers:
- We are talking about my wife. This is starting to be too much for me, I feel. But I'll try to keep myself together. It says so much about her and the incredible person she is.
Prince Daniel also tells how he and Victoria met when the princess was a customer at his gym. They started quickly like each other.
- I'm not used to talking about it so much, I don't think I've done it in a deeper way. We got to know each other and became good friends. We had a long period of time when we were together as friends and got to know each other in a deep and good way. It grew up and felt very natural, says Prince Daniel to SVT.
Prins Daniel berättar om kärleken till Victoria _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Another short video of Victoria's interview at "Hennes vänliga höghet" from SVT Play
Claes Elfsberg says that many of your family members have dyslexia. Does one learn to handle it and learn out of it? Victoria says that she thinks so, there are many tools to handle your dyslexia. But it is also about that you get the diagnosis early, that you have someone in your vicinity who understands the problem. There are tools and techniques to you to learn. But if you don't get help in an early stage, it eats your self-esteem. Those unnecessary years...
Elfsberg asks: When one finds out that one has problem to get letters right? Victoria says that in her and her brother's case, their mother was very well-prepared and attentive. Victoria says": "My father has also these challenges, so my mother had an eye on this. We were lucky, we got help at an early stage, but it has meant extra job. Repetive training".
Elfsberg says that he has read that Victoria had training before the school days started. Yes, says Victoria, it wasn't so fun at all.
Bonus_ Hör Victoria berätta om hur hon kämpat med sin dyslexi _ SVT Play

Some screenshots
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100011S1499101965908444
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100021S1499101965908444
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010100031S1499101965908444

And another short video of Victoria's interview from SVT (first Victoria and Estelle are shown).
Claes Elfsberg asks Victoria how does it feel to turn 40, it is a milestone in life? Victoria says that it is a figure. It is in the middle of life. It has gone so quickly, I see it as a chance to pause and reflect. I can't really identify myself that I'm 40.
Kronprinsessan Victoria om att fylla 40_ _Det är bara en siffra_ _ SVT Play

Some screen shots
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020011N1499102172905931
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020021N1499102172905931
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010020031N1499102172905931

And a video where Victoria speaks with Elfsberg also about the performance requirements and eating disorders.
- It's hard to say and convey how it felt and what it was due to. But sometimes I've had a lot of anxiety and thought things were not so easy.
The Crown Princess said at the same time that she did not really know the anxiety she felt was due to her role as royal:
- I think there are as many reasons to feel bad as there are people and it was very complex to me. Therefore, it was very important that I received professional help and could sort out those pieces. No one should have to feel ill.
In SVT interview, Crown Princess Victoria also says that it is sad that mental ill health is increasing among young people. On the other hand, she herself has left much of the hard behind her, she says. On the question of recovering from anorexia, she says:
- It's probably individual. For my part, I feel that it is a chapter I have been able to leave behind me. But that performance anxiety I had is still there. I have had different tools and learned how to handle it, also by getting older, she says.
Hör kronprinsessan Victoria berätta om tiden med ätstörningar _ SVT Play

Last edited by a moderator:
SVT's News program Rapport showed on Monday evening also a short video from the program "Hennes vänliga höghet". Victoria and Claes Elfsberg walk at Haga Park and Victoria greets people who come across them. Daniel carries Oscar and meets some people. Victoria's stylist Tina Törnqvist, marshal of the court Karolin A. Johansson and the director of the press department Margareta Thorgren are seen when the interview at Haga Palace begins. In the end of the video Victoria is seen with Estelle and Oscar.
At the video it is said that Victoria thinks it is great credit that people say that she is common. But how common you can be and how much do you know about the life of the common people when you are the heir to the throne and live at a Palace? Victoria says that of course they are in a very unique situation but they try to create an opinion of things and try to understand at all those meetings they attend. She says that at one day she is in a meeting with people from Stockholm Stadsmission (City mission), who think that they are not seen, they live in an alienation and that the community is not in their side at all. And then she also meets them who run the world. At the video is told that no other public person in Sweden has got so high popularity figures which Victoria got at the SOM-institutet’s research last year.
Elfsberg and Victoria talk about conscientiousness and performance anxiety. Victoria says that she wants to do what is right for her. And she wants also that the others feel that she is doing a good job. She tries to do her best in every situation and she hopes that people also feel it and notice it.
The video of Victoria and family starts at 20.23.
Rapport - Igår 19.30 _ SVT Play

It seems to be a very good documentary/interview. Great to see the whole program on 14th July.

Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria opens up about anxiety battle - The Local

Last edited:
Thank you for all the info and translations, LadyFinn! :flowers:

One more video from the interview. The family is at the old playhouse. Estelle has made lunch, "pasta carbonara" and serves it to Victoria. Victoria asks for some spices and Estelle gives her a cucumber and a tomato. Estelle says to Victoria: Tell me when I have to do the dishes. Victoria says that she thinks that soon is the time. Estelle says: Oscar does the dishes, I have made the food. Daniel says to that, that some order there must be.
https://www.svtplay.se/klipp/14262268/bonus-har-leker-victoria-i-lekstugan-med-estelle

Screenshots
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050011X1499176408904025
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010050021X1499176408904025

Another video from the interview "Hennes vänliga höghet", where Victoria speaks about the upbringing of their children, and Estelle is seen playing in the sunshine.
Elfsberg asks whether princess Estelle knows what kind of life awaits her.
- I really don't think so. She's five. She understands parts of it, it is something that is creeping on.
Elfsberg asks when does one start to talk about that to the children?
Victoria says that she doesn't know but she thinks that it comes at natural every day life. That it is done gradually and then it is a natural part of the child's upbringing. Everyday life. Big and small things happen in the family. Victoria's father has his birthday and other events where Estelle and Oscar are with. The children are already "little on a corner" in public contexts. They experience how the life is for Victoria and Daniel and that it is natural.
Elfsberg asks if there is any need to protect the children from the stir.
- It is clear that it will be on the children's terms. They will feel safe and comfortable in their surroundings and with people around them. You do not have to make it any stranger than that, says Victoria.
The parents haven't yet decided whether there will be as much celebration on Estelle's birthdays and name days as it is on her mother's. Elfsberg says but that can be like that for Estelle too?
- It might be quite nice for her to have a birthday with the family and friends and to celebrate the way she chooses. To me it is important that the children should be children and it was like that for my parents too, she says.
Hör Victoria berätta om sin syn på prinsessan Estelles framtid. _ SVT Play

Victoria om Estelles uppväxt_ _Det ska ske på barnens villkor_ _ Kungligt _ Expressen

A lot of media quotes the videos of the interview.
Gråtande prins Daniel bryter ihop _ Stoppa Pressarna
Prins Daniel rörd till tårar_ _Victoria är en otrolig person_ - Metro Mode
Kronprinsessan Victoria bryter tystnaden –*talar ut om sjukdomen _ Hänt.se
Kronprinsessan om ångesten och ätstörningarna_ ”Har inte varit så lätt” _ Hemmets

Last edited:
Awwwww, I like the part with Oscar running on the grass. He is so cute.

Back
Top Bottom