The 40th Birthday - 14 July, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the Westlings attend? The announcement said close family.

Most likely yes. But they are not public persons so the won't be listed anywhere unless the court will publish an official guest list on the actual birthday.

Last edited:
It would have been great if the court would have also put now to their website information about the celebration, and not just at the calendar.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

It has been very clear that the king and the court have been highlighting the crown princess's role lately and her birthday celebration shows it once again. If the celebration would be only on two days, it would be a big one with a cortege. But a four day celebration is a big surprise for me. I hope that the court hasn't made a mistake while updating the calendar, and the celebration is indeed on four days.

I'm sure the court will reveal more information closer to the date. I doubt that the court made that big mistake and accidentally put two addional days on the calendar. That would be too big faux pas even for them.
Even though four day celebrations sounds too extravagant, it will be nice to see more of Swedish royal family, and I'm sure there will be quite a long list of foreign royals in attendance as well.

And so it seems, that as I suspected, the court had made a mistake, now the calendar has been updated again and there are celebrations only on two days as told previously, on 14th and 15th.

And so it seems, that as I suspected, the court had made a mistake, now the calendar has been updated again and there are celebrations only on two days as told previously, on 14th and 15th.

Not the first time the court has made errors and put event in the calendar and then taken it off ;) Four days sounded over the top anyway.

The Royalist Association has started a fundraising to a gift to Victoria on her 40th birthday.

Crown Princess Victoria 40 years!
Make a contribution to our fundraising
Give a gift to Crown Princess Victoria by Royalist Association
Support our fundraising!
The gift will be handed over to the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation with the aim of promoting good health and countering childhood and youth exclusion in Sweden. The name and address details of all donors will be attached to the gift.
Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år! – RojF

Crown Princess Victoria 40 years, Swedish documentary series from 2017

On July 14 this year, Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow guides in two programs the audience through the Crown Princess's life. It will be a close person portrait, following the crown princess in her everyday life. It gives an insight into her work, meetings with people and travels in the world.
The Crown Princess tells herself how she thinks and feels. The question is what driving forces she has and how does she look at her role now and in the future? The program looks also back to the Crown Princess's youth and the education at the so-called Queen School and at the wedding with Prince Daniel.
Webb-TV - Se Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år i TV4 Play

The first episode is broadcasted on Thursday 25th May at 20.00 at TV4 and TV4 Play and the second episode on Thursday 1st June.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Victoria 40 years, Swedish documentary series from 2017

On July 14 this year, Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow guides in two programs the audience through the Crown Princess's life. It will be a close person portrait, following the crown princess in her everyday life. It gives an insight into her work, meetings with people and travels in the world.
The Crown Princess tells herself how she thinks and feels. The question is what driving forces she has and how does she look at her role now and in the future? The program looks also back to the Crown Princess's youth and the education at the so-called Queen School and at the wedding with Prince Daniel.
Webb-TV - Se Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år i TV4 Play

The first episode is broadcasted on Thursday 25th May at 20.00 at TV4 and TV4 Play and the second episode on Thursday 1st June.

TV4 tells more about these documentaries at their press release
A royal journey through Crown Princess Victoria's life
On Friday, July 14, Crown Princess Victoria is 40 years old. TV4 celebrates it with a memorable journey through her life as a publicly loved heir of the throne. Ebba Kleberg von Sydow follows Crown Princess Victoria in her everyday life and gets to know her thoughts about her future role as the Queen of Sweden. The program mixes backflashes from the Crown Princess's youth years with interesting meetings with people around the world.
"I look forward to meeting the Crown Princess on a closer and more personal level. I want to know more about her driving force and the underlying commitment for Sweden and the rest of the world. She faces a big mission as Sweden's future queen, and I think we are many who are curious to hear more about how she thinks about it", says Ebba Kleberg von Sydow.
In the first episode the viewers follow a tour of Crown Princess Victoria's upbringing and youth years. She shares her thoughts about teenage years and tells about the feeling of being constantly in focus. People meet also the former director of the press department Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, who tells us how the Crown Princess has been prepared for her future role as queen since the early age. The episode also offers scenes from the grand wedding with Prince Daniel.
In the second episode, Ebba guides the viewers through Victoria's everyday life and gets an insight into what thoughts and inner engagements lead our Crown Princess forward. The viewers also follow along at an exciting trip to Japan and take part in her work around the rest of the world. She tells about her life with Prince Daniel and her view of her own duties and her responsibility as a heir to the throne.
"I am very happy and proud to present this program. It will be an interesting meeting with our publicly loved Crown Princess, where viewers get an insight into her everyday life and relive memorable moments in the past", says Johanna Thulin Bratten, Executive Producer of Nyhetsbolaget.
En kunglig resa genom Kronprinsessan Victorias liv _ TV4-Gruppen

The photo at the article is HQ, when you open it.

Last edited:
Ebba Kleberg von Sydow tells about the two-episode documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" at Aftonbladet's TV-magazine.
Ebba says that the royal family has become more open, they show their life and work for instance at the social media. Ebba says: "It is both fun and important that we get to know what we get of having a royal family. We have a hard-working crown princess, I'm totally sure about that after this project. I was also of course curious how Victoria and Daniel are handling their life puzzle, so I had to ask about that".
Ebba is on a maternity leave after giving birth to her third child, Ernst, in March. Ernst was only five weeks old when he got to hang out at Haga Palace with his mother. "If you walk past Haga Palace, it is not strange that you see little prince Oscar waving to you. It tells something about their life, that it is important to be quite a normal family and not isolate yourselves", Ebba says.
Ebba doesn't hide that she is very impressed of the crown princess, whom she describes as very ambitious, punctual and competent. Ebba says: "She is cut out for her role. If you could have chosen a crown princess, you would have chosen her. She is genuinely interested in people and talks with everyone, it has made the job very fun for us at the TV-team".
At the documentary are also interviewed among others Fredrik Reinfeldt, the former prime minister and Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court and Director of the Press department.
Ebba has listed 5 important episodes in Victoria's life: The day when she came of age, the wedding with Daniel, the role as a parent, showing her support at the Gay Gala, and being a unitive symbol, as she did at the Stockholm terror attack.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

A short video clip of the documentary at TV4 Facebook, Victoria and Ebba are walking close to Haga Palace.
Ebba asks: "How does it feel to turn 40 now?". Victoria says: "It has actually been my surroundings who remind me about that I turn 40. I had a plan that I would let is pass unnoticed! But it hasn't really gone so!". Ebba says: "It becomes difficult". Victoria: "Yes, it seems so".
https://www.facebook.com/TV4/videos/1540656736009220/

Last edited:
:previous:thank you for all the links and translations. Looking forward to her interview and birthday:flowers:

Expressen has an article with short video clip of TV4's documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år".
Victoria talks about adversities and love
Prior to the long-awaited 40th anniversary, TV4 broadcasts "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år", a two-part program about the Crown Princess's upbringing, love and adversities.
In the summer 1977, the court announced that a girl had been born. Apart from the royal family, only four official witnesses were allowed to see the newborn baby, one of which was prime minister Thorbjörn Fälldin. He confirmed for the press that the child was beautiful.
The Marshal of the court and the former head of press department Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg remembers the first time she saw Victoria. She walked right behind the queen who had her newlyborn daughter on her shoulder - and yet, Tarras-Wahlberg remembers the deep, dark eyes that were exploring her.
Victoria recalls her first school day as a very big moment:
- I felt the seriousness but also this pride of being so big that you really got to go to school.
The king and the queen always wanted that their children would be just children. For example, it was important for the children to get friends, which was not a big problem for Victoria. She remembers schooling as relatively common, apart from dyslexia. She got a lot of extra tasks in reading and writing, which seemed to give good results. We learn that the Crown Princess took early the role of big sister and used her position to something particularly important: she taught little Madeleine to read before she had even started school.
The years went by. Victoria graduated from Enskilda Gymnasiet and traveled to France to study. When she got home, it was time to seriously learn what it meant to be the Crown Princess. Even then, she was very ambitious, but the high pressure had a hard influence on Victoria who suffered from eating disorder. After the court informed about the disease, the Crown Princess felt that she was hunted by the press. The family decided that she would travel to USA to recover, study and rest. Victoria tells she felt bad because of all the pressure. She needed time to find the balance and learn not to push herself too hard.
When Victoria returned to Sweden, it was very important that she would take care of her health. She started training, but the gym offered more than good training opportunities - there she also found love.
On February 24, 2009, the court announced that the Crown Princess and Daniel Westling would marry. The then prime minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt, expressed great pleasure in the press conference and tells that one of the government's tasks was to approve the Crown Princess's marriage. He believes that the approval was the easiest decision the government took during its time in power.
Victoria talar ut om motgångarna och kärleken _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Photo from the documentary
https://imageproxy.b17g.services/?r...ges.tv4play.se/VMan-P391/VMan-P3915940_AY.jpg

A short video of the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" at TV4 play.

Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg tells that when Victoria returned to Sweden from USA, one of the most important things was to maintain her good health. She wanted to train. She sought for a good gym where she could train without that everyone looked at her. And from a friend she got a tip about this gym where she met Daniel Westling, who then became her personal trainer.
Victoria says: With Daniel, there was a very strong friendship that grew and which laid the foundation for our love today. He is a person who is very thoughtful and has a wonderful energy. Daniel has an incredibly lovely energy that you may need to cool down sometimes. He is a wise person, having him close to me makes me feel incredibly good.
After the clip of their wedding Ebba asks: What is the first thing you thought when you were thinking back to that day?
Victoria says: It was such an euphoria.
Kronprinsessan om kärleken till prins Daniel_ _Det var ett lyckorus_ - Nyhetsmorgon - tv4.se

The same video at TV4 News Morning Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRAF4vJjcPM

Last edited by a moderator:
More about the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år"

On the program Crown Princess Victoria tells us how Princess Estelle is as a person.
"She is very fearless and social and it is an asset in life and perhaps especially in the role she has. She is very curious about people, says the Crown Princess to Ebba Kleberg von Sydow, and at the same time tells her that she identies very much with it.
Ebba therefore asks if Estelle takes most after Victoria.
"I have a very social and committed husband, so I think she has got it from both of us."
Victoria_ Sådan är Estelle som person _ Annas kungliga barnblogg

In a new documentary, the Crown Princess opens up about her eating disorder.
When the disease got too serious, she went to USA to get breathing space.
"In USA, I received professional help, which was very important to me. Just to learn putting words to my feelings and thus to set limits and not push me too much, which I easily did. I always wanted so much more than I could perform or be able to be", says the Crown Princess now.
The trip helped. But she has high demands on herself. A personality trait which Victoria comments in the documentary.
"The downside is that you will never be completely satisfied. But it is not totally negative, for the sake of wanting to develop and do my utmost. And that's what drives me to help Sweden", she says.
Kronprinsessan om den tuffa tiden_ ”Jag fick professionell hjälp” _ Svensk Damtidning

Victoria's words about her eating disorder at this video from the documentary, which TV4 also released.
First there is Victoria's interview made in 1999 in New Haven, USA, where she tells about her eating disorder. Victoria says now at the video that it had also to do with age, who am I, where are my limits, to learn to know myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UV3szKqKPg

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow was interviewed about the documentary at TV4 Nyhetsmorgon (News morning) today. Ebba said that Victoria is genuinely intressed in people, she could see it when they did this documentary, Victoria greeted everyone involved in it and talked with them. Ebba said that Victoria is wise, thoughtful and very ambitious. They talked about that Victoria's immediate colleague is her husband, Daniel, who is such a big support for her. They talked also about that Estelle and Oscar will grow up at the limelight like Victoria did. Ebba says that she was nervous, very nervous when she went to Haga Palace to meet Victoria. Victoria is going to be the queen in one day after all. Ebba told also at the end of the program that Victoria and Daniel have a big greenhouse at Haga Palace.

The first episode of the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" can be seen here, you have to register but it's free.
Se Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år online här - Streama på TV4 Play

Photo from the interviews to the program, Victoria and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow, by photographer Peter Knutson.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ffb7278d7202f77c9a7b8d47a83bc007&oe=59BFAA57

Aftonbladet has an article about the documentary with short clips
She has caused a change in the Order of Succession, overcome eating disorders and found the great love. And soon she is 40 years old.
July 14, 1995. The Crown Princess's Day of coming of age and time for her first official speech, coached by actress Margaretha Krook. The dress was royal blue, the hair was up and the protagonist was noticeably nervous.
22 years later, it's a comfortable, confident crown princess who for TV4 tries to sum up 40 years and a childhood a little different than the usual one.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg describes how interest in the crown princess rose to culminate when she arrived at the French Angers for language studies in 1997. There was a sea of ​​photographers waiting for the crown princess who was there to read "just a little French".
The time in a French host family also made her appreciate a difference with life at Drottningholm Palace: she realized the family members had more time with each other. And a calmer tempo.
When she got home, her official education to the crown princess started and her own ambition hit the roof. It was noticed that Victoria had lost weight, even though she was wearing polo shirts and several layers under the jackets. After a celebration in the City Hall, in a sleeveless dress that revealed the weight loss, the eating disorder were no longer a secret.
Victoria should start to study at Uppsala University but the plan was abruptly changed when the royal couple confirmed the eating disorder and decided that Victoria would go to USA and in peace get support for her illness.
"I went through a busy period with myself and needed time to figure things out and find that balance again, and maybe get to know myself and where my boundaries went, not to constantly push myself too much. I always wanted so much more than I could perform or be able to be".
After a while in USA, Victoria revealed openly in an interview that what appeared on the outside did not reflect the inside. Experts had stated that she had put on weight again and could go home, but that was not the case. She was still struggling with eating disorder, and learning to put words on her feelings.
After returning home to Sweden, the main advice was to maintain health with exercising on a regular basis.
And there in the gym he stood, Daniel Westling, her future husband.
The Crown Princess praises her husband, whom she describes as caring, wise and with a wonderful energy. In addition, he is her closest colleague, one half of a "very good team".
"It's about to develop and do your utmost. That's what drives me. I believe in this, to represent Sweden in a correct and good way".
Victoria_ Det var en jobbig period _ Aftonbladet

Some screen shots from the documentary
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cdac/dZKAMRqkAKk.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cd9a/iyPiC-DkeZQ.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cdbe/5zF2Rx73kCU.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cdd0/xgWwaeehwEM.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cdd9/ldU6LRP3Tsc.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cde2/lspx6NNvaio.jpg
https://pp.userapi.com/c638723/v638723955/3cdf4/Nzgcy6xomtw.jpg

From Expressen's article about the first episode of the documentary:
When Ebba asks at the documentary from the crown princess about how she looks back at the wedding, she answers:
- It was a huge joy and a real euphoria to marry the person you love. I wish everyone could experience it. It was a big day for us and to feel the warmth that flowed toward us, it was absolutely amazing.
Victoria tells also that she is glad that Prince Daniel was received so well.
- Daniel was my choice, but I'm so happy that people welcomed him so well in Sweden, it was so nice, she told to TV4.
The director of the press department, Margareta Thorgren, tells that a number of interviews with the Crown Princess were made before the birthday.
- Very good and sincere interviews, she says.
Victoria om bröllopet och kärleken till Daniel _ Nyheter _ Expressen

:previous: thank you for all the links and translations. A very happy Crown Princess at 40 :flowers:

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow wrote at her blog yesterday:

How IS Crown Princess Victoria like?
"But how is she then?" Is a question I have often received over the years, about Crown Princess Victoria but also about the other royals I have reported about. Well, I hope you get a better picture of it tonight. The next part will be broadcasted on next Thursday. Next week we focus on her driving forces, what she is passionate about today, her role today and how her task looks.
Here is a photo from when I was at Haga Palace and had a walk in the royally beautiful lush garden. Or a park rather (because who gets a place with an own sheep pasture in the garden ?!). Just behind us, they had the swinging place and the beautiful little playhouse looked well used. It was seen that an ordinary life with small children was going on among the extremely well-raked gravel walkways.
It was really fun to greet home at Haga Palace. Think, what an exceptional life they live anyway. Hard to imagine. Must say I'm impressed that they are able to keep their feet so firm on the ground because that they really do.
Hur ÄR kronprinsessan Victoria_ » Ebbas blogg

https://imageproxy.b17g.services/?q...38f433b0003c6/KRonprinsessan_Formatbild.png?2

Last edited:
After having looked first part of documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" for the second time from TV4 Play's good service, some things about it:

Victoria about her 18th birthday and her first speech
Victoria trained her speech with actress Margaretha Krook from the Royal Dramatic Theatre. Victoria tells that she was of course nervous and met Margaretha to learn technique about how to speak, and how to be calm in a situation like that. Krook told her to take that moment and remember to breathe. Krook said that don't forget to breathe, or you will faint. Victoria says that it felt great to do that with Margaretha Krook. She felt joy on that day but it meant also that she should take more responsibility and help her parents, especially her father. She felt also pride to be the crown princess of Sweden and be able to represent Sweden both in Sweden and abroad.
Victoria and Daniel
Victoria says that she recpects the history very much, and a part of that history is that her marriage must have the government's acceptance. The program shows Victoria and Daniel together at some work events. Victoria says about their working as colleagues, they have an understanding and it is fun to work together, that was something she felt when they got married, it was so concrete and fun that they could do it together, to have someone with whom you can share things. Victoria thinks they have become a good team, also because they have a little different interests and experiences, they are different as persons. It is very good because they complete each other well.
About Estelle
Victoria says that Estelle is curious about people and that's something Victoria feels has given herself a lot, that it's fun to meet people. It makes you learn a lot, says Victoria about her daughter and thinks that it is a property Estelle inherited both from her mother and her father. Ebba asks how do you prepare a five-year-old for the life which is waiting, with smashing camera flashes everywhere and a constant fuss wherever she walks? Victoria says that they try to get as natural an attitude as possible, and that all happens quite regularly around them. Victoria hopes it will be played down and become something natural. Obviously Estelle will go through a lot of phases, she too, but Victoria thinks unlimited love and many hugs are a good ground to stand on. Victoria hopes they give something good for Estelle to develop from.
Privacy
The documentary shows a clip from Victoria's Name Day this year. Ebba says that all people in Sweden know your family, where do you draw the line with which is private and personal? Victoria says that it is not always so easy but she thinks that somewhere there is an understanding that even they have a need to be able to be private and at the same time, they want to give out to the people a lot. Everything personal must not be held back but there must be something private too, to have a private sphere too. And that you get here at Haga, Ebba says. Yes, we thrive very well here at Haga, Victoria says.
Siblings and parenthood
Ebba says that Victoria and her siblings share something unique in their roles. How they support each other? Victoria says that the thing in siblings is that they are there. They perhaps are not in contact every day but they know they are there for each other. She is very happy that Estelle and Oscar have each other and hopes that in the future they are there for each other too. Ebba asks how parenthood has changed Victoria. Victoria says that of course she strives to get more balance to her life, more than before, then she hadn't so many to consider. In addition to how she is teared between different roles she wants of course to be a good mother and role model.
The documentary shows how Victoria and Ebba walk at Haga. Victoria waves to children who are very close to Haga Palace, at the Temple of the Echo. Ebba laughs: The crown princess made their day now. Victoria tells that the Temple of the Echo is an appreciated place, there are a lot of weddings and other events. She thinks it is great that it is used so much. The whole park is used a lot, it really is a park that is alive. If only they would have a little more ice during the winter.

Expressen's article about the second episode of the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år", which will be broadcasted on TV4 and TV4 Play on Thursday.

Victoria tells us how she finds a balance in life.
- Being outdoors is a key to me. There is something that charges my batteries and what I need. I'm not an indoor person. I need to get out and feel that I can breathe a bit.
The Crown Princess points out that previously she has not had so many in her life to consider, but now she is "torn between different roles" and she both wants to be a good mother but also do a good job as the Crown Prince of Sweden.
She gets support from her husband, Prince Daniel.
- Children go through different sensitive periods and then it is about to be there a lot. You must be a bit flexible and empathic. I'm lucky to have an understanding man. We try to do this together and try to feel calm with that the children have two parents.
The celebration of the 40th anniversary will be mainly the traditional celebration on Öland, both with "Victoriadagen" but people can also come and greet at Solliden's Palace.
- It started early, when I turned one. Mom and dad have told that they were at Solliden and then there came kind souls who wanted to congratulate. Then it has continued with that every year people gather outside Solliden Palace to say congratulations.
On the question of what the Crown Princess wishes as a gift, the quick answer is:
- More time!
Victoria om livet som småbarnsmamma och kronprinsessa _ Kungligt _ Expressen

:previous: As hard as it was on Victoria, the better mom it makes her in a way, especially to a female heir. She knows all too well the pressure especially when young. Victoria will be careful to make sure Estelle doesn't take on too much too young. Give her time for schooling and such. And hopefully, with her dad a former trainer, she will also be able to handle body issues.

You can see they have started early. Got her comfortable with events from very young, but limited. Keep her grounded and active with every day activities. Those dance lessons with all the other girls, grocery shopping with mom and dad and paying, pizza at the local shop. She gets a nice taste of the life her dad grew up in, especially with her grabdparents and cousins, but also royal life.

Victoria salutes the Queen and King's interests for the nature

She is one of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals advocates. Now the Crown Princess praises her parents and their passion for nature - which laid the foundation for her own environmental knowledge.
- I have two parents who are very skilled and knowledgeable in the area, she says in TV4's program "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år".
Hiking in forest and land, berry picking, skiing and other outdoor activities have been a key part of the life of Crown Princess Victoria since childhood. Since she and Prince Daniel became parents, they have often brought their children on walks in the nature where they have grilled sausages and picked flowers - just like the king and the queen did with the crown princess and her siblings.
- To get out and feel and maybe taste something and hear. There is nothing that just beats the direct experience, says the Crown Princess to TV4.
In part two of the program, the Crown Princess tells about her great interest in the nature and how it also got a new dimension when she was appointed as one of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals advocates in 2016.
- It gave me another platform to talk about these questions which were always close to me.
She explains that she is formed by the King and Queen's great passion for nature and praises her parents.
- I have two parents who are very skilled and knowledgeable in this, and who have the ability to tell and convey not only the big questions but also put it in a small context. I think it was what caught my interest as a child. My great love for nature, but also their important work and endeavors have slowly made me grow into the role I have today.
Victoria hyllar drottningens och kungens naturintresse _ Kungligt _ Expressen

TV4 Play has published some short videos of the second episode of the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år"

Victoria about family life: "Sometimes there are intensive periods, both at the family life and at work. Then one has to be flexible and I am lucky to have an understanding man. So we are trying to do this together, and try to feel calmness that the children have two parents".
Så får kronprinsessan Victoria ihop familjelivet - Streama TV4 Play

At the visit to Japan Victoria met emperor Akihito and empress Michiko. Victoria tells that even there the fishing issues were discussed. The emperor and empress are very knowledgeable and engaged in many ways, and at environmental issues. Victoria tells that they spoke a lot about fish, they spoke an hour about eels.
Kronprinsessan_ Vi pratade en timme - om ålen! - Streama TV4 Play

Victoria at the Gay Gala delivering the prize The Gay of the Year to Jonas Gardell.
Kronprinsessan_ _Vi ska torka varandras tårar_ - Streama TV4 Play

Svensk Damtidning about this clip:
Victoria: "It has been a long battle. And there are many who have been doing very badly for generations time. That's why it was important for me to be there. And show my support but also show how far we have come with how the society views everyone's equal rights. But it might have got a little more impact than I thought".
People praised her presence loudly, and the guests cheered for many minutes as she appeared on the stage.
Jonas Gardell, who Victoria gave the prize: "You have to understand how long our path has been for being taken into society, being part of Sweden. Whatever you think about the Crown Princess, she is a representative of the official Sweden. I think she understood the political value of what she did, and for that she should be thanked forever. The one who stands the lowest and the one in the highest go hand in hand at the same photo".
Victoria om valet: ”Det fick större genomslag än vad jag trott” Svensk Damtidning

The interview was done at the dining room at Haga Palace. Funny moments with Victoria and Ebba when they are laughing and must do it again.
Här bryter kronprinsessan Victoria ihop - mitt under intervju med Ebba von Sydow - Streama TV4 Play

Thank you, LadyFinn, for your wonderful translations. It is apparent that the crown princess of Sweden takes her responsibilities seriously. I found these quotations in particular to be significant.

Victoria [...] thinks that somewhere there is an understanding that even they have a need to be able to be private and at the same time, they want to give out to the people a lot. Everything personal must not be held back but there must be something private too, to have a private sphere too.

The time in a French host family also made [Victoria] appreciate a difference with life at Drottningholm Palace: she realized the family members had more time with each other. And a calmer tempo.

[...]

"I went through a busy period with myself and needed time to figure things out and find that balance again, and maybe get to know myself and where my boundaries went, not to constantly push myself too much. I always wanted so much more than I could perform or be able to be".

After a while in USA, Victoria revealed openly in an interview that what appeared on the outside did not reflect the inside. Experts had stated that she had put on weight again and could go home, but that was not the case. She was still struggling with eating disorder, and learning to put words on her feelings.

The king and the queen always wanted that their children would be just children. [...] Victoria graduated from Enskilda Gymnasiet and traveled to France to study. When she got home, it was time to seriously learn what it meant to be the Crown Princess.

Victoria says that she recpects the history very much, and a part of that history is that her marriage must have the government's acceptance.

- Daniel was my choice, but I'm so happy that people welcomed him so well in Sweden, it was so nice, she told to TV4.

The then prime minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt, expressed great pleasure in the press conference and tells that one of the government's tasks was to approve the Crown Princess's marriage. He believes that the approval was the easiest decision the government took during its time in power.

Victoria says: [...] Daniel has an incredibly lovely energy that you may need to cool down sometimes.

Ebba said that Victoria is genuinely intressed in people, she could see it when they did this documentary, Victoria greeted everyone involved in it and talked with them.

She explains that she is formed by the King and Queen's great passion for nature and praises her parents.
- I have two parents who are very skilled and knowledgeable in this, and who have the ability to tell and convey not only the big questions but also put it in a small context. I think it was what caught my interest as a child. My great love for nature, but also their important work and endeavors have slowly made me grow into the role I have today.

The second part of the documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" can be watched here:
Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år del 2 - Streama TV4 Play

Victoria at the documentary about her 40th birthday:
- I don't feel like 40 but, yes ... but I guess it feels good.
At the same time, she tries to look forward to aging:
- I see it more as an opportunity to stop and think seriously, with a possibility of perhaps structuring my existence and future and take the next ten years in a energetic way.
She is one of the UN's international ambassadors for the global goals, and when she looks forward and thinks about her 50th birthday, it is the sustainability issue she is focusing on.
- In ten years, I hope we have achieved a good deal longer with what we call sustainability goals, I really hope. That we feel we get concrete results and that we as individuals actually think about how we influence on our environment, says Victoria.
She looks forward to meeting the people who come to Solliden celebrate her birthday.
- It gives me an opportunity to say hi and thank you for coming. It's a very nice moment and I'm always so surprised that there are so many who come to Solliden, she says to TV4.
Kronprinsessan Victoria om att fylla 40 år _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Last edited:
The royal court has opened special website for crown princess Victoria's 40th birthday.
Inför Kronprinsessans 40-årsdag - Sveriges Kungahus

The website
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan 40 år - Sveriges Kungahus

There are also five new photos of Victoria, taken by photographer Erika Gerdemark. HQ photos at the court press room, they have obviously been taken on 18th May:
Pressbilder Kronprinsessparet - Sveriges Kungahus

I was thinking that they would publish the website after the National Day. But it is great to have it already now and the photos are lovely. And it's nice that they have been taken at Haga Palace.

It's a nice suprise that the cortege route from the Royal Palace to the Royal Mews isn't the shortest possible. For those who want to congratulate Victoria with presents, are recommended to do it by giving it to The Crown Princess Couple's Foundation.

Last edited:
The pictures are beautiful! She looks very good and looks younger than 40.

New pictures look very beautiful. I like white and minimalistic styling.
Victoria is in great shape and she looks indeed younger than 40. It was quite funny to watch older video clips of Victoria, how wrinkled/lined her forehead could get when she was younger but now its much smoother, unmoving. She's agening well ;)
I like it that there were so many new pictures published (usually there's only one or two photos) and I'm surprised that so early. It pretty much feels like her birthday will be now and not in the middle of July.
In next weeks there will be probably more pictures of Swedish royals to look forward because next week is National Day, then Madeleine celebrates her 35th birthday on 10 June and then there's Nicolas's bday, and then The Event in July. So a lot to look forward for.

Last edited:
She looks like a very selfconfident, classy and beautiful young woman. She has the big luck to have a husband like Daniel and children like Estelle and Oscar. I guess she is everytime over the moon. But this is fully deserved.

When I will celebrate my 40th birthday I would like to look so incredible good like Victoria.

I hope that I am able to follow the birthday festivities. It could be that I will give birth to my second child in this period.

victoria's new official pictures look fab. she looks great in her beautiful outfit and matching white background.

This year's Victoria Scholarship is awarded to Jenny Rissveds, a mountainbike rider in cross country. She won the gold medal in women's cross country at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Victoria delivers the Scholarship to Jenny Rissveds at the Victoriadagen concert on her birthday at the Borgholm Sports Arena. Rissveds got HM The King's Medal in February.
ÅRETS VICTORIASTIPENDIAT_ JENNY RISSVEDS - Victoriadagen _ Officiell hemsida
Hon får pris av kronprinsessan Victoria _ Svensk Damtidning

The new photos of Victoria are stunning. She looks lovely, and I really like the white, minimalistic theme going on. It's very classy and stylish.

Back
Top Bottom