The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2017, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interest for Crown Princess Victoria's 40th birthday celebrations on Öland in the summer is greater than ever.
In February, it became known that the Norwegian pop duo Marcus and Martinus are performing at the Victoria Day concert in Öland.
Victoria Day is organized according to tradition to celebrate Victoria's birthday - but the 40th anniversary this summer is of course extra special.
- There is something really special this year, says Kay Wiestål, founder and organizer of the Victoria Day.
Barometern newspaper tells that the rush for tickets to Victoria Day is huge, 3000 seat tickets and 1000 standing places are sold out. Now the organizers must look at the area - and increase the number of places.
Kay Wiestål says:
- Yes, of course it makes us happy. We have never experienced anything like this, even if it is always a great interest for Victoria Day - regardless of artists. There are many who want to participate in the celebration. We want to give as many people as possible a chance to come and celebrate the crown princess and participate in the Victoria Day.
Why do you think the interest is so great?
- It is the course that it is her 40th birthday. Several thousand people want to see her and the royal family on this big day. The other thing is of course the high class artists.
So far, only Marcus & Martinus are published. Kay Wiestål doesn't want to reveal any of the artists in advance.
- We will be releasing several other artists of very high rank. It'll be fun!
Victorias dilemma inför firandet av Victoriadagen _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Old 03-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Sunday at the Facebook of Victoriadagen
"Summer Time - 110 days to Victoriadagen"
https://www.facebook.com/victoriadag...type=3&theater

Today at the Instagram of Victoriadagen
"Seats sold out
Buy standing place ticket
More seats may possibly come at hand"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSL0a-zl...=victoriadagen

Old 03-31-2017, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoriadagen published today at their website three more artist who will sing at Victoriadagen -concert on Victoria's 40th birthday: Magnus Uggla, Malena Ernman and Jill Johnson.
Magnus Uggla, Malena Ernman & Jill Johnson till Victoriadagen! - Victoriadagen | Officiell hemsida

- These are three of Sweden's absolute best artists. Real top class, says Kay Wiestål, founder of Victoria Day.
Malena Ernman and Jill Johnson have previously performed on Victoria's birthday. But it is the first time Magnus Uggla celebrates the Crown Princess.
- He has never been here before, so we are very happy that he wants to perform this year, says Kay Wiestål.
Magnus Uggla ska fira Victoria_ ”Verkligen toppklass” _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Magnus Uggla and Malena Ernman sang also at Victoria's and Daniel's pre-wedding concert.

Kay Wiestål said to Barometern that it feels fantastic, they have struggled with the artist list which of course will be extra special when the Crown Princess turns 40. They want to do a concert for mother, father and children, and this release of artists was for Mom and Dad.
Kay Wiestål is particularly pleased with the reservation of Magnus Uggla.
- We have been chasing Magnus Uggla in many years so it's great that he will finally come. He writes a bit quirky but fun lyrics and suits to the whole family, says Kay Wiestål.
More artists will be presented.
- We have probably two more artists to be included in the program, and the program leader, says Wiestål.
Uggla, Ernman och Johnson klara för Victoriadagen - Barometern
Old 04-07-2017, 05:53 AM
Courtier

The Royal Court today announced the program for the Crown Princess 40th birthday. And as said before it will be celebrated both in Stockholm and at Öland between 14 and 15 July.

14th July - Stockholm
10.00 Te Deum service
A Te Deum service starts the celebrations in the Chapel of the Royal Palace. Invited are close family, representatives from the Riksdags and government and official Sweden, as well as members from the Royal Court.

Afterwards a reception is held at Logården for the guests at the Te Deum. During the receptions gifts will be handed over.

12.00 Salute
A salute is shot from Skeppsholmen. The same happens at the salute stations in Boden, Härnösand, Gothenburg and Karlskrona.

13.00 Cortege through Stockholm
The Crown Princess Family is going in a cortege from the Royal Palace to the Royal Mews.

14th July - Öland
19.00 Birthday concert
Traditionally the Royal Family attends the Birthday concert at Borgholm Idrottsplats.

15th July - Öland
11.00 Public celebration at Solliden
The Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Couple meets the public outside Solliden Palace for the traditional celebration. The gates to the park opens at 08.30.

H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victorias*40-årsdag firas i Stockholm och på Öland - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-07-2017, 06:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

So Lindwall had quite good information about the program. Great to see Victoria and family going at a cortege from the Royal Palace to the Royal Mews.

Solliden Palace informs also today at their Facebook about the celebration in Solliden on 15th July.
https://www.facebook.com/40408215642...type=3&theater
Old 04-15-2017, 07:27 AM
Nobility

Will the Westlings attend? The announcement said close family.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

A couple of days ago two more performers of Victoriadagen-concert were published: Christer Lindarw and Boris René. Kalle Moraeus, who hosted the concert last year, will be the host this year too.
"Kalle Moraeus is popular and was very much liked last year so it's fun that he is back. We have wished to get Christer Lindarw come here earlier but now he finally arrives. We also always want to have a artist of Melodifestivalen and this year we have Boris René. It feels like a really heavy starting field, says Kay Wiestål, founder of Victoriadagen, who has worked with the program together with SVT producer Göran Winberg.
Lindarw och René klara för Victoriadagen - Barometern
Old 05-10-2017, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 Years - and just as when the King turned 70, it's SVT's Claes Elfsberg who Victoria has chosen to give an exclusive interview at Haga Palace.
Victoria, among other things, tells her how she got rid of anorexia and anxiety and about happiness with the children.
Claes Elfsberg, who hosts "Gomorron Sweden" once a week, now works in parallel with the Crown Princess portrait.
- Yes, I'm recording. I have met her in two rounds and will meet her and her family for another round.
Many saw your interview "The King at 70 - Lonely Majesty" last year. How did you get the interview with the Crown Princess?
- In the same way. I wrote to the court's press office that I would like to make such a program before the Crown Princess's 40th birthday. Eventually - it took a long time - I received a positive response.
In what environments do you meet the Crown Princess?
- We have met at her home and at the park outside.
What kind of impression you have got about her?
- My general impression is that she is extremely competent and charming. .
When you portrayed the king, you asked the questions you wanted. This time, SVT announces that the interview will tell how the Crown Princess got rid of anorexia and anxiety, happiness with the children, her many assignments and how she learns about the work that awaits her in the future by studying how Dad and Mom do. Were there any restrictions on the issues?
- No, not at all, not the least. When I was told that I would get the personal portrait, there was a discussion about how we would be practical when it turned out that the Crown Princess had a very full agenda.
How is the difference between interviewing the king and the crown princess?
- It's like the difference between two different people, any one. People are always unique. In a way, it is easier to interview someone who is about the age of a self, but the Crown Princess is about the same age as a couple of my own children so I think I have some insight into her generation's life. She is a very easy-to-talk and nice person, so I do not see any problems with this.
I probably thought it was easier to get comments from the Crown Princess than the King ...?
- Yes, it is clear that there is a difference, let the program show it. We have not even started editing yet, so it's early to talk about the content. She is a very skilled and driven person, although she clearly states that she is not really fond of being interviewed. But even though she is not so fond of it, she dies it with flying colors.
Who in the Crown Princess's family have you talked to?
- She's got a boy for a year and a couple of months and I did not talk with him. Not with any child.
But the Crown Princess's siblings are of age?
- When I say family, I mean the Crown Princess's own family. This is a portrait of Crown Princess Victoria and it will largely be she who answers questions and maybe in some small part someone else who answers questions.
Is there something you want readers to know about the interview?
- That the crown princess has chosen to be very openhearted. As far as I can judge, she has never been so openhearted before.
"The Crown Princess 40 years" will be broadcasted on Friday, July 14 at 20.00 in SVT1.
Kronprinsessan berättar om anorexin och lyckan med barnen. _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 05-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Nobility

It looks like the celebrations will last longer than just two days because there's something also planned for 16th and 17th of July according to www.kungahuset.se calendar.
Four-day celebration. Wow.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would have been great if the court would have also put now to their website information about the celebration, and not just at the calendar.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

It has been very clear that the king and the court have been highlighting the crown princess's role lately and her birthday celebration shows it once again. If the celebration would be only on two days, it would be a big one with a cortege. But a four day celebration is a big surprise for me. I hope that the court hasn't made a mistake while updating the calendar, and the celebration is indeed on four days.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Will the Westlings attend? The announcement said close family.
Most likely yes. But they are not public persons so the won't be listed anywhere unless the court will publish an official guest list on the actual birthday.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It would have been great if the court would have also put now to their website information about the celebration, and not just at the calendar.

It has been very clear that the king and the court have been highlighting the crown princess's role lately and her birthday celebration shows it once again. If the celebration would be only on two days, it would be a big one with a cortege. But a four day celebration is a big surprise for me. I hope that the court hasn't made a mistake while updating the calendar, and the celebration is indeed on four days.
I'm sure the court will reveal more information closer to the date. I doubt that the court made that big mistake and accidentally put two addional days on the calendar. That would be too big faux pas even for them.
Even though four day celebrations sounds too extravagant, it will be nice to see more of Swedish royal family, and I'm sure there will be quite a long list of foreign royals in attendance as well.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

And so it seems, that as I suspected, the court had made a mistake, now the calendar has been updated again and there are celebrations only on two days as told previously, on 14th and 15th.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
And so it seems, that as I suspected, the court had made a mistake, now the calendar has been updated again and there are celebrations only on two days as told previously, on 14th and 15th.
Not the first time the court has made errors and put event in the calendar and then taken it off Four days sounded over the top anyway.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royalist Association has started a fundraising to a gift to Victoria on her 40th birthday.

Crown Princess Victoria 40 years!
Make a contribution to our fundraising
Give a gift to Crown Princess Victoria by Royalist Association
Support our fundraising!
The gift will be handed over to the Crown Princess Couple's Foundation with the aim of promoting good health and countering childhood and youth exclusion in Sweden. The name and address details of all donors will be attached to the gift.
Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år! – RojF
Old 05-17-2017, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dana Press has galleries of Victoria's life
ROYAL: (Archiv) Victoria wird 40 - Kindheit und Jugend
ROYAL: (Archiv) Victoria wird 40 - Victoria und ihre große Liebe Daniel
ROYAL: (Archiv) Victoria wird 40 - Victoria und ihre Familie
Old 05-19-2017, 03:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria 40 years, Swedish documentary series from 2017

On July 14 this year, Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow guides in two programs the audience through the Crown Princess's life. It will be a close person portrait, following the crown princess in her everyday life. It gives an insight into her work, meetings with people and travels in the world.
The Crown Princess tells herself how she thinks and feels. The question is what driving forces she has and how does she look at her role now and in the future? The program looks also back to the Crown Princess's youth and the education at the so-called Queen School and at the wedding with Prince Daniel.
Webb-TV - Se Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år i TV4 Play

The first episode is broadcasted on Thursday 25th May at 20.00 at TV4 and TV4 Play and the second episode on Thursday 1st June.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Crown Princess Victoria 40 years, Swedish documentary series from 2017

On July 14 this year, Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 and Ebba Kleberg von Sydow guides in two programs the audience through the Crown Princess's life. It will be a close person portrait, following the crown princess in her everyday life. It gives an insight into her work, meetings with people and travels in the world.
The Crown Princess tells herself how she thinks and feels. The question is what driving forces she has and how does she look at her role now and in the future? The program looks also back to the Crown Princess's youth and the education at the so-called Queen School and at the wedding with Prince Daniel.
Webb-TV - Se Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år i TV4 Play

The first episode is broadcasted on Thursday 25th May at 20.00 at TV4 and TV4 Play and the second episode on Thursday 1st June.
TV4 tells more about these documentaries at their press release
A royal journey through Crown Princess Victoria's life
On Friday, July 14, Crown Princess Victoria is 40 years old. TV4 celebrates it with a memorable journey through her life as a publicly loved heir of the throne. Ebba Kleberg von Sydow follows Crown Princess Victoria in her everyday life and gets to know her thoughts about her future role as the Queen of Sweden. The program mixes backflashes from the Crown Princess's youth years with interesting meetings with people around the world.
"I look forward to meeting the Crown Princess on a closer and more personal level. I want to know more about her driving force and the underlying commitment for Sweden and the rest of the world. She faces a big mission as Sweden's future queen, and I think we are many who are curious to hear more about how she thinks about it", says Ebba Kleberg von Sydow.
In the first episode the viewers follow a tour of Crown Princess Victoria's upbringing and youth years. She shares her thoughts about teenage years and tells about the feeling of being constantly in focus. People meet also the former director of the press department Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, who tells us how the Crown Princess has been prepared for her future role as queen since the early age. The episode also offers scenes from the grand wedding with Prince Daniel.
In the second episode, Ebba guides the viewers through Victoria's everyday life and gets an insight into what thoughts and inner engagements lead our Crown Princess forward. The viewers also follow along at an exciting trip to Japan and take part in her work around the rest of the world. She tells about her life with Prince Daniel and her view of her own duties and her responsibility as a heir to the throne.
"I am very happy and proud to present this program. It will be an interesting meeting with our publicly loved Crown Princess, where viewers get an insight into her everyday life and relive memorable moments in the past", says Johanna Thulin Bratten, Executive Producer of Nyhetsbolaget.
En kunglig resa genom Kronprinsessan Victorias liv _ TV4-Gruppen

The photo at the article is HQ, when you open it.
Old 05-23-2017, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ebba Kleberg von Sydow tells about the two-episode documentary "Kronprinsessan Victoria 40 år" at Aftonbladet's TV-magazine.
Ebba says that the royal family has become more open, they show their life and work for instance at the social media. Ebba says: "It is both fun and important that we get to know what we get of having a royal family. We have a hard-working crown princess, I'm totally sure about that after this project. I was also of course curious how Victoria and Daniel are handling their life puzzle, so I had to ask about that".
Ebba is on a maternity leave after giving birth to her third child, Ernst, in March. Ernst was only five weeks old when he got to hang out at Haga Palace with his mother. "If you walk past Haga Palace, it is not strange that you see little prince Oscar waving to you. It tells something about their life, that it is important to be quite a normal family and not isolate yourselves", Ebba says.
Ebba doesn't hide that she is very impressed of the crown princess, whom she describes as very ambitious, punctual and competent. Ebba says: "She is cut out for her role. If you could have chosen a crown princess, you would have chosen her. She is genuinely interested in people and talks with everyone, it has made the job very fun for us at the TV-team".
At the documentary are also interviewed among others Fredrik Reinfeldt, the former prime minister and Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, the former Marshal of the Court and Director of the Press department.
Ebba has listed 5 important episodes in Victoria's life: The day when she came of age, the wedding with Daniel, the role as a parent, showing her support at the Gay Gala, and being a unitive symbol, as she did at the Stockholm terror attack.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

A short video clip of the documentary at TV4 Facebook, Victoria and Ebba are walking close to Haga Palace.
Ebba asks: "How does it feel to turn 40 now?". Victoria says: "It has actually been my surroundings who remind me about that I turn 40. I had a plan that I would let is pass unnoticed! But it hasn't really gone so!". Ebba says: "It becomes difficult". Victoria: "Yes, it seems so".
https://www.facebook.com/TV4/videos/1540656736009220/
Old 05-23-2017, 01:24 PM
Majesty

thank you for all the links and translations. Looking forward to her interview and birthday