The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

A wonderful photo of Victoria and Daniel in Solliden
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...ctoriadan-.jpg

A good video about when Victoria and family pass Logården at the cortège and wave to the guests.
https://www.facebook.com/79980631678...5290368572891/

During the celebration in Öland, the crown princess receives a lot of flower bouquets. And despite the huge amount, nothing is wasted. Perhaps the flower sea was even bigger this year when the Crown Princess filled 40.
But where do all the flowers end when the celebration is over and everyone has gone home? According to Margareta Thorgren, there is not a single bouquet thrown on the compost.
- These are nothing which are being thrown to garbage bags, but something that the Crown Princess is very grateful about and that adorn Solliden this week, she says.
During the day the flowers are collected and placed in large buckets prepared before. After that, the flowers are sorted by hand and the court florist puts together the flowers in different flower arrangements. All of these are then placed in different rooms at Solliden Palace.
- The bouquets are displayed in suitable places. Then the Crown Princess family has a private house further down and there is also a fantastic sea of flowers, says Thorgren.
Even all the drawings, small gifts and cards which Victoria gets, are sorted.
- The Crown Princess goes through everything, said Thorgren.
Här hamnar blommorna till kronprinsessan _ SVT Nyheter

Daniel
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWlF0-rAPS6/

From PurePeople
Victoria de Suède avec son mari et leurs enfants _ Robe sublime pour ses 40 ans
Sofia enceinte et Madeleine, radieuses en famille pour Victoria de Suède
Victoria de Suède a 40 ans _ Fête familiale grandiose et ensoleillée

Oscar is very interested in flowers and everything at Solliden's garden.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 07-17-2017, 09:41 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Nice group shot of the royal family, how come Leonor is not in it?
https://i2.wp.com/www.galamagazine.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/bus-1.jpg
https://i2.wp.com/www.galamagazine.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/leonore-nicolas-1.jpg
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/familjebild1.jpg

They were there, although not posing for the photos ...

Old 07-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Royal Highness

LOL Poor Estelle! She so wanted to run around with her cousins.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I hope Madeline and Chris were embarrassed enough by leonors behavior that they will begin to teach her that her desires are not more important than everyone else's. She is three and a half, not a toddler
Old 07-17-2017, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Considering Madeleine's position in the Royal Family her children's behavior is terrible! They really need to learn some discipline!
Old 07-17-2017, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I do think it was a bit bad of Madeleine and Chris not to keep the children in check during the photoshoot; particularly because there aren't any photos of Leonore and Nicolas actually with the rest of the family which suggests that the photographers weren't successful on that front. Leonore does seem to find it hard to keep still but even so, she still should have had her nanny on standby or Madeleine/Chris should have held her so she couldn't run of because she is setting an example on Nicolas, who is normally better behaved than his older sister. She won't be able to excuse running around in formal photoshoots when she's older!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
LOL Poor Estelle! She so wanted to run around with her cousins.
She seems to have more of a "I wish they'd behave!" look on her face, as I remember when Leonore ran off in another photoshoot they had she made a comment to Silvia about how Leonore always runs off

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-17-2017, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

Leonore and Nicholas were out of control in those pictures . Somebody must have told the photographer, "just take the pictures they are not going to be still". Oscar had his moments but he's one; but when things got anxious V & D got it under control. Estelle was probably better behaved because she knows her position, but she cuts up at times. I think Victoria and Daniel let their kids be kids but they don't let it go too far. Alexander was on the ground playing with gravel, but that's another one-year-old thing.

If it hasn't happened yet L & N are going be tagged as brats and M & C are going to be branded as bad parents in the press. But Madde/Chris need to get their children under control before they get older and really start "wildin' out". If the Princess Couple thought the press has been rough on them before...
Old 07-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do M&C's kids usually have a nanny? I'm all for strong willed kids with character (I deal with 15 of the 'little darlings' term time) but there's a fine line between that and outright misbehaving. Maybe it is a little worse for them as they are not so use to the Palace and all the staff etc. as they live in London away from it all.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think Victoria hits the right note with her festivities. In 10 years time we will see bigger celebrations, she might be Queen at this stage, with full program foreign royals included.
The King is only 70. If he takes after his Bernadotte ancestry, he may live to be 90+.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Do M&C's kids usually have a nanny? I'm all for strong willed kids with character (I deal with 15 of the 'little darlings' term time) but there's a fine line between that and outright misbehaving. Maybe it is a little worse for them as they are not so use to the Palace and all the staff etc. as they live in London away from it all.
Yes, Leonore and Nicolas have a nanny. In June 2016 the swedish press told that the family had hired Louise Blomqvist (the daughter of Madeleine's and her siblings former nanny Åse Blomqvist) as the nanny to their children.
Louise
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...te-700x476.jpg

But later last year and this year Madeleine has been seen with another nanny:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f5895b4539.jpg
And this nanny was with the children also at Victoria's reception last Friday
http://imageupper.com/s11/1/7/R1500139878909778_7.jpg
And she came with the family to Öland on Friday and was with the other family nannies at a concert on Sunday
https://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/79.../16x9/1360.jpg

Svensk Damtidning gave on Saturday in Solliden to Victoria the bracelet, which swedish Bisou has made as a tribute to her, and which people can have bought from the webshop. Victoria was very happy about the present and thanked heartily, as always.
Speciella 40-årspresenten till Victoria – här kan du köpa den! _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 07-18-2017, 02:09 AM
Courtier

I feel kind of bad that little Leonore is always referred as the one who's "out-of-control". She's only three-years-old, a "threenager", not exactly used to so much attention, cameras and lots of people around her, so she seem to get over exited when she's out of her regular routine. Its clear that Leonore isn't a child who is clinging desperately to her mother's skirt but she's not throwing temper tantrums or screaming. She wanted to run around a little after sitting still at the church but she should have stood still and posed for the cameras instead. Clearly she won't be a model material once she grows up but more of a sprinter

We had a family reunion last weekend and there were lots of kids of Leonore's and Estelle's age who acted exactly like Leonore - one moment behaving perfectly and then getting impatient and wanting to explore and see what's going on around them. When we wanted to take group pictures, then it took some careful effort because little ones were rather running around, taking their nap and they didn't understand/want to stand still and pose for the cameras. I guess in royal circles little children should know their place better and behave differently and be totally controlled by their parents?

Sure enough it's easy to hone in on some child's negative actions but I hate it when we do it about children we do not actually know. We only see them for a short span of time, and form our opinions on the basis of some pictures or videoclips, and then happily critizise them for their behaviour because they doesn't seem to deserve our respect?
Old 07-18-2017, 02:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chris Heister, the governor of Stockholm county, presented Victoria at the reception the swedish governors' gift.
The joint gift of the 21 governors is a dish and a vase, made in grail technology. The glass is recycled environmental crystal with burned decals of butterflies, butterflies symbolizing Haga. On both the dish and the vase there is also the Crown Princess's monogram hand-painted in gold.
The gift is made by Glasbolaget in Bro outside Stockholm and the artist who has created the dish and the vase is Erika Kristofersson Bredberg. Glasbolaget works environmentally consciously and their glass oven is driven by landfill gas, which is formed from organic waste and delivered from the nearby Högbytorp waste disposal plant.
- The gift is carefully chosen with the Crown Princess's environmental commitment in mind. The vase and dish symbolize the importance of caution with the earth's resources and a sustainable society. We hope the Crown Princess will enjoy the gift at her home. In addition, we wish that the gift shows the appreciation we feel for the Crown Princess's work, said Chris Heister.
Grattis kronprinsessan Victoria! - Länsstyrelsen i Stockholms län
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWhOt2YAlvw/

Expressen published a 100-page special magazine yesterday, it has photos of the celebration and Victoria's life.
Some pages

An ensemble from Stockholms Studentsångare (Stockholm Academic Male Chorus) sang at the reception at Logården on Friday.
The Choir writes at their Facebook, that they were especially invited to surprise Victoria. The singing tribute began with 'Med en enkel tulipan', and after they also sang 'Ja må hon leva' and Victoria said to them "It has never sounded that good!".
King Carl Gustaf is the permanent patron of Stockholm Academic Male Chorus, so maybe he had organized this surprise to Victoria?
https://www.facebook.com/StockholmsS...type=2&theater

On Saturday in the end of meeting people in Solliden, Victoria and Daniel posed with Brass Band "Bara mässingen", which has played at Solliden at least three times in the summer for over 15 years, and plays always at Victoria's birthday.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/C...RWGIs5yJpx.jpg

Gallery
https://www.facebook.com/royalduonl/...15254201897491

A couple of photos from the cortège
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWhnZjXA...n-by=johnny67a

Galleries from DanaPress (click "More media" to get more photos on the pages)
ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals nehmen am Victoriatag teil
ROYAL: Ankunft zum Gottesdienst - Victoria und ihre kleine Familie
ROYAL: Guck doch mal, Mama, ich habe diesselben Schmetterlinge, wie Du!
ROYAL: Logaarden - Die Glückwünsche der Kleinen sind für Victoria das Größte
ROYAL: Leonore, der kleine Wirbelwind - Komm jetzt endlich, Mama!
ROYAL: Victorias Riesenfest startet mit einem glücklichen Geburtstagskind
STYLE: Madeleine kam im britischen Blau zum Te Deum
STYLE: Sofia - ladylike und so schön schwanger zum Gottesdienst
STYLE: Victorias romantischer Geburtstagslook in Rosé-Weiß
ROYAL: Victoria und Family in der Kutsche zum Hovstall
ROYAL: Estelle war heute morgen wohl noch ein bisschen müde ...
ROYAL: Farväl Victoria - Madeleine, Sofia und Silvia winkten der Kutsche zu
ROYAL: Königin Silvia und König Carl Gustaf - braungebrannt zum Victoriatag
ROYAL: Victoria beim Empfang und Dank - "Da werde ich doch gerne 40!"

ROYAL: Die schwedischen Royals nehmen auf Öland am Victoriatag teil
ROYAL: Estelle, Daniel und Victoria - Das große Knuddeln geht weiter
ROYAL: Die kleine Prinzessin Estelle - was für ein schönes Kind
ROYAL: Schön war's - Victoria und ihre Familie machten sich auf den Heimweg
STYLE: So schick kam Madeleine zum Geburtstagsfest
ROYAL: Hände vor den Mund - da war sogar Estelle baff!
ROYAL: Kronprinzessin Victoria empfängt Glückwünsche bei Schloss Solliden
ROYAL: Victoria und ihre Familie - erste Bilder vom Schlosspark in Solliden
ROYAL: Im Park von Solliden - Klein-Oscar auf Entdeckungsreise
ROYAL: Victoria und ihre wunderbare Familie sind ja so beliebt beim Volk
ROYAL: Victoria bedankte sich, der König scherzte
ROYAL: Prinz Oscar - mit Schirmmütze und Fläschchen war er gut ausgerüstet
ROYAL: Estelle - So kess posiert die kleine Prinzessin schon
ROYAL: Victoria: "Das habe ich von meiner Tochter Estelle geschenkt bekommen"
ROYAL: Victoria und ihre Geschenke - Luftballons, Blumen und Schokolade für die Kronprinzessin
ROYAL: Mama Königin Silvia und Papa Carl Gustaf über ihre Tochter Victoria
Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The 40th Birthday - 14 July, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
Sure enough it's easy to hone in on some child's negative actions but I hate it when we do it about children we do not actually know. We only see them for a short span of time, and form our opinions on the basis of some pictures or videoclips, and then happily critizise them for their behaviour because they doesn't seem to deserve our respect?

I know this wasn't directed at me specifically but I just wanted to clear up that I did not mean to be disrespectful towards the family - that certainly wasn't my intention. I was just stating my opinion which I still stand by; since it would have been better if the children had been kept under control during the photoshoot. Of course, we don't know them, but then again; most of us don't know any of the royals we are discussing about here on the forums and we are allowed to have differing opinions about them so as long as we respect the forum guidelines.

Old 07-19-2017, 02:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I know this wasn't directed at me specifically but I just wanted to clear up that I did not mean to be disrespectful towards the family - that certainly wasn't my intention. I was just stating my opinion which I still stand by; since it would have been better if the children had been kept under control during the photoshoot. Of course, we don't know them, but then again; most of us don't know any of the royals we are discussing about here on the forums and we are allowed to have differing opinions about them so as long as we respect the forum guidelines.
I feel like its one thing to post opinions and discuss grown-ups [who are in control of their behaviour and actions] but its more different about toddlers and young children who are more vulnerable.
Its easy to say that the children should have been kept under control during the photoshoot and as Madeleine & Chris didn't do it, then it was bad of them. But as everything must have been scheduled, then everyone probably just wanted to go on and take the pictures, so they could swiftly move on with other things already pre-planned.
I deal with one three-year-old every day, so I see how differently they can behave, how things out of their routine can affect them, or how one moment they can behave like angels, then they want to run around and spend their endless energy. You can never say that its dull or boring task. I can be quite sympathetic about this kind of situations parents have to deal with and I wish them lots of patience and loving care. Royal kids are no different from ordinary kids, they just have to grow up in front of public and cameras.
Don't get me wrong - I do not justify misbehaviour nor underestimate the need for control and discipline but these are little children we here and I feel kind of bad doing it
Old 07-19-2017, 03:01 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The 40th Birthday - 14 July, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari-Anne View Post
I feel like its one thing to post opinions and discuss grown-ups [who are in control of their behaviour and actions] but its more different about toddlers and young children who are more vulnerable.
Its easy to say that the children should have been kept under control during the photoshoot and as Madeleine & Chris didn't do it, then it was bad of them. But as everything must have been scheduled, then everyone probably just wanted to go on and take the pictures, so they could swiftly move on with other things already pre-planned.
I deal with one three-year-old every day, so I see how differently they can behave, how things out of their routine can affect them, or how one moment they can behave like angels, then they want to run around and spend their endless energy. You can never say that its dull or boring task. I can be quite sympathetic about this kind of situations parents have to deal with and I wish them lots of patience and loving care. Royal kids are no different from ordinary kids, they just have to grow up in front of public and cameras.
Don't get me wrong - I do not justify misbehaviour nor underestimate the need for control and discipline but these are little children we here and I feel kind of bad doing it

Yes, I understand that these are small children and I normally don't comment on such matters. But I felt the need to here. I'll repeat; in no way did I mean to be disrespectful towards Leonore, as I would never be so towards a royal child or any royal for that matter. It wasn't my intention and I don't believe that I posted in an insulting way - only that I had a differing opinion.

Old 07-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

There were many articles about Victoria before and on her birthday. Svenska Dagbladet wrote
Victoria 40: "The time has come for the Crown Princess to step forward"
Victoria adopts the Crown Princess role with naturalness and without concealing the darkness of her life.
SvD has talked with researchers and people in the Crown Princess's proximity about Victoria's relationship with the people in Sweden.
In polls one after another Victoria is most popular in the royal family. Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg, formerly Victoria's Marshal of the Court and mentor, and Susanna Popova, who wrote Victoria and Daniel's wedding book, both believe Victoria is popular because she doesn't depict herself.
- I have lived close to her for many and years, and I think, on the one hand, it's about that she is herself, and thus radiates naturalness. Secondly, she is curious about the surroundings, including all the people she meets. There is a natural will to contact, says Tarras-Wahlberg.
According to her, Victoria has had these features since school age.
Susanna Popova says Victoria found a way to accomplish her mission without contradicting her personality and that she radiates authenticity. That approach the crown princess has achieved by tackling the darker parts of her life.
- She has taken the adversities seriously, worked with them and got to know herself. She hasn't tried to hide her dyslexia or eating disorders. It has led her to come out as a more genuine person.
Kristina Widestedt, Lector at Stockholm University, has researched court journalism. She says Victoria is the member of the royal family who has the best relationship with media, both in terms of radio and TV, daily press, weekly press and social media.
- There are almost only positive depictions of her. She appears to be always sympathetic.
She believes that the relationship with the media is not a coincidence, but the result of a thoughtful strategy in the royal house, pointing out that Victoria's personality also works well in the media.
Victoria isn't regent yet and will not take over the throne until her father dies because in Sweden there is no tradition that regents abdicate. And the king hasn't given any signals to descend. Victoria has been deputy head of state since she reached the age of 18, and now that she passes her 40th birthday it may mean she's stepping up even more.
Popova points out that Victoria has the opportunity to approach the work of the Head of State more step by step than her father, who became king in young years.
- I think that within the family they value this quite much. It has also been thought that it is important for her to form a family in peace. The king and the queen couldn't do that because they were the ruling couple while forming a family. But now the time begins to be right to see more of the Crown Princess in these different functions.
Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg also believes that the Crown Princess appreciates being able to approach the role of the head of state at a more slowly pace than the king.
- I think she is very grateful that she may have these toddler years without the highest responsibility, and is also able to take care of her family.
Victoria 40_ ”Tiden mogen att kronprinsessan kliver fram mer” _ SvD
Translation
Old 07-19-2017, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Those are some gorgeous photos of Estelle, thank you for sharing LadyFinn.
And the balloons are so cute!

Old 07-20-2017, 01:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

During "Grattis Kronprinsessan!" - SVT's broadcast from Victoriadagen concert, people have the possibility to donate money to Kronprinsessan Victorias Fond/Radiohjälpen (Crown Princess Victoria's Fund, which works as part of Radiohjälpen). Crown Princess Victoria's Fund suppports children with disabilities and / or chronic illness to an active free time as any other child by supporting, among other things, camps, trips / excursions and various sports activities that often require resources for additional staff and custom equipment. The purpose is to support activities that contribute to active leisure time, breaking isolation, raising the quality of life, strengthening self-esteem and meeting new friends.
Radiohjälpen tells at their Facebook, that this year during the concert people donated 3 443 681 SEK to Crown Princess Victoria's Fund. Last year 2,2 million SEK was donated, so this was a very good year.
https://www.facebook.com/Radiohjalpe...type=3&theater

Daniel and Victoria love art, and the family goes often to museums and exhibitions. But also in Solliden Park there is a lot of statues, and Daniel shows them to his children. Maybe Oscar will be an art lover too?
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...599997-019.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...599997-017.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...599997-018.jpg

Galleries
Crown Princess Victoria's 40th Birthday Celebrations - Images _ Newspix International
Princesses Estelle & Madeleine, Prince Oscar - Victoria BDay - Images _ Newspix International
Playful Princess Leonore Of Sweden - Images _ Newspix International
Crown Princess Victoria 40th Birthday - Carriage Ride - Images _ Newspix International

Video
Victoria firades på Öland

To commemorate Crown Princess Victoria's many-year commitment to water issues, WaterAid and Medley pay attention to her 40th anniversary through the charity fundraising "Simma för Livet" (Swim for Life).
The Crown Princess has acted as WaterAid's Patron (together with prince Daniel) since 2011 and she has also shown great commitment to water issues in other contexts.
Simma för Livet is performed on October 17, and for every meter swum in one of Medley's indoor swimming pools during that day, sponsors donate from 10 öre up to one million SEK. The swimming pools are open all day and the entry is free for all participants. Simma för Livet's two ambassadors Therese Alshammar (world champion) and Lars Frölander (olympic champion) will participate in selected halls to support the fundraising.
All collected money goes to WaterAid's work in Uganda, Ethiopia and Kenya to ensure that more children have access to clean water. Pure water is vital for children to survive their first years of life, and every day nearly 800 children die of disease they die after drinking dirty water.
Kronprinsessan Victorias engagemang ger tusentals barn i Östafrika... - WaterAid

Victoria, Daniel and Estelle greeting their friends Peter Forsberg and Nicole Nordin after the concert.
https://media.shootitlive.com/3ULNDd...d=barometern/9
https://media.shootitlive.com/DIsDRD...d=barometern/9
Daniel and Estelle talking to Daniel's friend Patrik Vrband and his family.
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...54438-dpai.jpg

Gallery
Älskad prinsessa firades kungligt på Sollidens slott - Barometern

https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...58589-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59175-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59648-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...58562-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...58575-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59630-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59627-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59651-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59229-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59616-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...56899-dpai.jpg
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...59632-dpai.jpg
Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoriadagen the highlight of the year on Öland
This year's tourist season at Öland gets its highlight when Crown Princess Victoria is celebrated on her 40th birthday in Borgholm.
Just this week, Victoria Week, the island is visited by 250,000 people every day. Many are attracted to the royal glory - and this year by Norwegian twin brothers.
At the tourist office at the harbor in Borgholm a lot of tourists pass throughout the week. There the staff notice the large number of people invading the island these days.
- There is a lot to do and there are very many people. Then, of course, we have our two Norwegian boys coming here. There has been an enormous pressure on the tickets this year. It's great that so many people come here to celebrate, from all sorts of places in Sweden, says Alexandra Zschiedrich.
The visitors come not only from Sweden. Organizer Kay Wiestål notes an increased interest from abroad.
- It is quite strange that when the Crown Princess turns 40, people from New York and San Diego, USA, join us in the tribute, he said.
Kay Wiestål launched Victoria's celebration in 1979 when she was two years old.
That Borgholm's birthday celebration of Crown Princess Victoria would become so famous all over the world was something that Kay Wiestål didn't even imagine in his wildest imagination.
- I think it's because we have built a very good brand where mom, dad, children are included. We see that we have been written in 132 countries, 10 foreign TV-companies are here and we have over 100 journalists and photographers in place here.
Victoriadagen årets höjdpunkt på Öland - P4 Kalmar _ Sveriges Radio

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWp7giRF...ged=victoria40
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWvSR6qn...toriadagen2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWlS8L2F...toria40%C3%A5r
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWhmS9gA...toria40%C3%A5r
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWhop-SB...n-at=263679346
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWhxBWHj...n-at=263679346