The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

The 37th Birthday - 14 July, 2014

At the park of the Solliden Palace
The birthday will be celebrated traditionally with the presence of Crown princess Victoria and Prince Daniel (and princess Estelle, I think). The gates will be opened at 11.00. Maybe the king and queen will attend too like they did last year although they weren't listed at the calendar.

At Borgholm Sports Field
At 18.30 The royal family (King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, Crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel, prince Carl Philip, princess Madeleine and mr Christopher O'Neill) attend at the traditional Victoriadagen-concert.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria - Sveriges Kungahus

The host at the concert is Mark Levengood.
The performers are Sanna Nielsen, Kewin Walker, Måns Zelmerlöv, Lill Lindfors, Alcazar, Panetoz, Linnea Henriksson and Daniel Lozakovitj. The orchestra will be conducted by Johan Landqvist.
Program Victoriadagen

The Victoria Scholarship has this year many winners:
Both the women's and men's cross country relay teams which won gold at the Olympic Games in Sochi, receive the scholarship.
The winners are Ida Ingemarsdotter, Anna Haag, Emma Wikén, Charlotte Kalla, Lars Nelson, Johan Olsson, Daniel Richardsson and Marcus Hellner.
Stipendiet Victoriadagen

The official website of Victoriadagen
Victoriadagen Victoriadagens officiella hemsida

The Facebook of Victoriadagen
Victoriadagen Facebook

Old 07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

The director of the press department Margareta Thorgren told to Aftonbladet, that Sofia will attend at Victoria's birthday concert.
Sofia gör riktig debut på Victoriadagen Nyheter Aftonbladet

More performers to the concert: Kevin Walker and Joelle Moses
https://sv-se.facebook.com/208151886...type=1&theater

Old 07-04-2014, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

The cover of special "Victoriadagen" -magazine.
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...97396249_n.jpg

Victoria's birthday is also seen as Öland's unofficial National Day.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:09 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The director of the press department Margareta Thorgren told to Aftonbladet, that Sofia will attend at Victoria's birthday concert.
Sofia gör riktig debut på Victoriadagen Nyheter Aftonbladet
Yeah, the Engagement is her entrance ticket to the official Events. Not bad, as she can start her learning process..... hope she will not "steal the Show" of Victoria....
BYe Bine
Old 07-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Somehow I doubt it. Victoria is their Crown Princess and appears to be popular, or even the most popular, member of the SRF. Anyone else is just a sideshow on her birthday.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

The program:

At Solliden Palace
At 14.00, the birthday will be celebrated traditionally with the presence of HRH Crown princess Victoria and HRH Prince Daniel. Although the king, queen and Estelle aren't mentioned at the royal calendar, I think they will attend too.
Aktuellt | Sollidens Slott

In Borgholm
At 18.30 The Royal Family arrives to the Borgholm Sports Field and the concert begins. The host of the evening is Mark Levengood. The concert ends approximately at 20.15.
Program Victoriadagen

SVT1 will send the concert at 21.00, we will see on Monday if it is shown at the same time in internet at SVT Play.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Yeah, the Engagement is her entrance ticket to the official Events. Not bad, as she can start her learning process..... hope she will not "steal the Show" of Victoria....
BYe Bine
I have a suspicion that she will positively surprise certain people with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Somehow I doubt it. Victoria is their Crown Princess and appears to be popular, or even the most popular, member of the SRF. Anyone else is just a sideshow on her birthday.
I tend to agree. However I do find it a nice idea to "finally" have all members of the Swedish royal family settled. I think it will make a pretty picture overall.
Old 07-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I tend to agree. However I do find it a nice idea to "finally" have all members of the Swedish royal family settled. I think it will make a pretty picture overall.
All the royal family members have attended in previous years, except in 2010 when Victoria and Daniel were on their honeymoon. Chris O'Neill isn't a member of the official royal family and Sofia Hellqvist isn't a member yet. If she becomes a HRH, she will be a member of the official royal family.

Link to SVT play's coverage on Monday at 21.00 swedish time.
Grattis Kronprinsessan! | SVT Play
Old 07-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
BYe Bine
Tbh she managed to steal the show now everytime she attended some RF occasion
__
Wow, already 37. She doesn´t looks like she will be 40 in 3 years. I think the best gift Daniel could give her is a sibling for Estelle

Old 07-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
All the royal family members have attended in previous years, except in 2010 when Victoria and Daniel were on their honeymoon. Chris O'Neill isn't a member of the official royal family and Sofia Hellqvist isn't a member yet. If she becomes a HRH, she will be a member of the official royal family.

Link to SVT play's coverage on Monday at 21.00 swedish time.
Grattis Kronprinsessan! | SVT Play
With "settled" I meant engaged or married on personal basis, I wasn't speaking of the inclusion in the royal circle.
And with the overall pretty picture I meant that no one has to participate without a partner anymore.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis View Post
Tbh she managed to steal the show now everytime she attended some RF occasion
__
Wow, already 37. She doesn´t looks like she will be 40 in 3 years. I think the best gift Daniel could give her is a sibling for Estelle
She's a beautiful girl and the only woman to come from outside, hardly surprising. That is the [insert number] daughters/one son dynamic.

But the spotlight will be on Victoria (and her family) on her birthday, and I don't think anything will happen.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Courtier

Hm, well, she will make the headlines, of course because she is now the fiancée.

But anway, Estelle isn´t at the concert, no?

Old 07-13-2014, 09:08 AM
Majesty

Sanna Nielsen sings for the Crown Princess:
Monday 14 July 21:00 in BBC1 and SVT Play-
Sanna Nielsen sjunger för kronprinsessan | SVT.se

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-13-2014, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kay Wiestål has organized all the Victoria Day celebrations, the first was in 1978. He was a trainer at the alpine skiing team and wanted them to train in Öland in the summer. And there he got an idea to arrange a celebration on the crown princess birthday. It would bring tourists to Öland. He told his idea to the king and the king thought that it was a very good idea. Wiestål describes the first event as hysterical, they had 400 tickets done and 7000 people came. Nowadays about 5 500 - 6 500 people come to the concert which SVT shows.
Three days after this year's celebration Wiestål starts to work for the next year. Wiestål says that he has a good relationship with the royal family, the crown princess is a typical leader. Wiestål meets the members of the royal family at official events. Although Wiestål is 73 years old, he hasn't thought about retiring, he says that organising the event is so much fun.
”Första gången hade vi en höskrinda med flak på” Nyheter Aftonbladet
Old 07-14-2014, 03:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

At the court website. The birthday will be celebrated with a general flag day and a salute from Skeppsholmen.
Kronprinsessan Victoria fyller 37 år - Sveriges Kungahus

People can congratulate the crown princess at the court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

The weather forecasts predict rain for today in Öland.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The weather forecasts predict rain for today in Öland.
It's almost a tradition!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:34 AM
Majesty

i dont think we will see estelle this year maybe when she is 7
what do you think
Old 07-14-2014, 04:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
i dont think we will see estelle this year maybe when she is 7
what do you think
Estelle has been with Victoria and Daniel at the Solliden Palace where Victoria receives the congratulations during the last two years. So I think we will see her today also. But the concert is too long for her, it lasts over 1,5 hours.

The celebrations at the courtyard of the Solliden Palace begin at 14.00.

TV4 starts their live coverage at 14.00
http://www.tv4play.se/program/nyhete...deo_id=2692838

Aftonbladet and Expressen start their live-TV's at 13.45.

People arriving to Solliden today and the photographers taking their places, no rain then.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsfmjqkIMAAMJ7q.jpg:large
Old 07-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen's live-TV, Johan T Lindwall said that it is starting to rain.
Victoriadagen live | Nyheter | Expressen

Aftonbladet's live-TV
Kungligt kalas gick från flak till folkfest | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 07-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Live Coverage-
LIVE: Kronprinsessan firas på Öland - TV4 Play

If I'm listening correctly, it seems like the whole family will be present including Sofia.

Dr. Maya Angelou