The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Whats the difference? Well as GD said producing a heir is also a job of Victoria :p

Old 07-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

We can perhaps presume Victoria is aware of what is expected of her. And also how to prioritize those expectations.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Well she cannot wait forever
Old 07-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Gentry

Judging from the pics, Madeleine is aging far too quickly, she is already looking older than Victoria. Her obession with tanning seems to have taken its toll, already.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
Victoria and Daniel have their own time table as to when they will get married. Remember that Victoria is the heir. Her training and work takes priority in a different way than the "work" of the other crown princesses. I wish them both a lovely summer vacation.
It seems you have gotten a paper in your hands, telling what a crown princess by birth and future reigning Queen needs to train...maybe you can type it of for us
Ok, that was a little snappish...sorry...I accept of course your opinion and many share it. But if you ask me the difference to the other Crown Princesses (by marriage) isn´t that big. They all should cut ribbons, should meet crowds of people, and should attend conferences. IMO every crown princess should educate herself further...but everyone (in Europe) is more or less bond to the rule, that Royals should have no politicial opinion...
And because I think Victoria is not different, I think a wedding with the right guy and a baby would do wonders to her and her reputation. I could be wrong, but I think Victoria has lost a little in popularity. This pressure has caused a few not so great comments from her side. Of course the world would be better without the pressure and she shouldn´t rush into marriage...but that this concubinage in this long time and with a more and more lost seeming Daniel and a catty press does anything good for her...I don´t see it
And as Mixer said...half a decade is for most couples more than enough to know, where the direction goes...
Old 07-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat
I agree with you Lena. She already has lines on her forehead and a few brown spots on her face (sun damage). It's a shame she doesn't realize she's overdoing it with the tanning. IMO she would look more attractive with just a light tan (like Victoria). Being so dark actually makes it more difficult to see her lovely facial features. Her face gets "lost" in all the darkness if you know what I mean.

Victoria, on the other hand, looks gorgeous. Just glowing. And I noticed she's consistently been the same weight for a long time now so I think she has found a good healthy balance for her body. She has a wonderful figure.
Maybe you didn't mean it in a negative way, but this is incredibly offensive and ridiculous. So are people with dark skin just blobs of "darkness" to you?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 07-15-2006, 04:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
Everyone looks lovely and happy.

I usually dont mind Madeleine's tanned skin but I think she's over doing it here:

gettyimages

she looks so unnatural.
LOL It looks like Madeleine is the one who wants to get engaged soon...all in white...
Old 07-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Courtier

I think Victoria and Daniel wil marr next year.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:50 PM
Courtier

maybe you should bet on that Gita
Old 07-16-2006, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7
I wonder what the lady in the white top and skirt said (sang?) to Prince Carl-Philip (pointing at him)!
Someone watched the show on television who could answer it?
Just curious.

She (Lena Philipsson) was singing "han jobbar i affär". When she pointed at him/the royal family she sang "Vi har ett band som ingen annan kan förstå. Det är ingenting som ni kan se och ingenting som ni kan nånsin få!". Translated into english it's "We have a bond that no one else can understand. It's nothing that you can see and nothing that you'll ever get!"

I have it as a videoclip on the computer if anyone's interested. :)
Old 07-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Nobility

if CP victoria marries D.W, will she lose her rights to succession?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by foiegrass
if CP victoria marries D.W, will she lose her rights to succession?
No, she wont, she can perfectly marry a commoner.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Commoner

I think they should introduce him to the public and include him because i don't think it makes sense to introduce him only a couple of months before the wedding.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:15 AM
Nobility

Talking

I think she will marry when she is ready and no pressure will make it faster. Marriage for her is more than just for love it is for life. I am glad she and Daniel are taking their time to really know each other.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Courtier

after nearly 5 years they should know each other
Old 07-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Short video clip from TV4.se:
http://webbtv.tv4.se/webtv/tv4/showC...tv4_se.4600.91
Old 07-16-2006, 08:15 PM
Commoner

"Happy Birthday", Crown Princess Victoria

for the 14th July '06
Old 07-17-2006, 03:26 AM
Courtier

For more photos regarding princess Victoria 's birthday I can recommend www.royalpress.nl.
usually they are posting the pics with delay but this time we have a huge amount of fantastic fresh pics with royal family celebrating this birthday.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday!
Old 07-17-2006, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

a few photos from facetoface :

Victoria with her daddy...

and more of the birthday girl with her beautiful red roses

Very funny of Victoria to hide behind her roses..

Tags
birthday, concert, crown princess victoria, official birthday, swedish royal family