The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Royal Highness

More pictures from Getty Images, mostly of Madeleine. She sure had a good laugh with Princess Lilian!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 20.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	254928   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 21.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	254929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 22.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	254930   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 23.jpg
Views:	2166
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	254931  

Name:	Madeleine 24.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	254932   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 25.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	254933   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 26.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	254934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 27.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	254935  

Name:	Madeleine 28.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	254936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Madeleine 29.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	254937  

Old 07-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Commoner

Happy Birthday Princess Victoria

Old 07-14-2006, 11:00 PM
Aristocracy

Happy Birthday to CP Victoria! Are they going to throw a big party for her on her 30th Birthday?
Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Poor Madeleine. Heart of an angel, face of a tangerine.
Haha, very nice, BeatrixFan! Although, in my weak attempt to defend Madeleine, it is her choice to do this to herself. Remember how some people (myself included) in this forum freaked when Guillaume got his beard, but now that it's gone, we're kind of wanting it back? I think her tan is a big part of her personality, but yes, I want her to know the potential of skin cancer that could be coming her way. :-(
Old 07-15-2006, 03:38 AM
Commoner

Sorry to say this but Madeleine looks awful. Really awful.
But I love her dress though. Very nice.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Pictures from Getty Images :):
I wonder what the lady in the white top and skirt said (sang?) to Prince Carl-Philip (pointing at him)!
Someone watched the show on television who could answer it?
Just curious.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg
Everyone looks lovely and happy.

I usually dont mind Madeleine's tanned skin but I think she's over doing it here:

gettyimages

she looks so unnatural.
Mdeleine from the front, from the left side, her right side, backwards,
front again....
More pics of her than the birthdaygirl herself it seems!
Please don┤t get me wrong, I like her. But the attention about her is so exaggerated. Could you please post some more of her, equally handsome,
brother?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:40 AM

Where's Daniel?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolien
Where's Daniel?
On the way out of the relationship to Victoria, if you ask me.
He was definitely not at Borgholm yesterday evening...and on the question, who the one is, she would want to drink wine with, Victoria answered: Pappa

BTW has anyone an idea, why Victoria didn┤t wear this wreath going with the traditional Íland costume yesterday?
Old 07-15-2006, 06:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
On the way out of the relationship to Victoria, if you ask me.
He was definitely not at Borgholm yesterday evening...and on the question, who the one is, she would want to drink wine with, Victoria answered: Pappa
she was also asked if there were going to be another big party next year except for her 30th, and after some though she answered Mummy has her birthday in December

It seems the press was quite annoyed with the wrong rumour that Daniel would be there (partly fueled by the court) this author (Daniell Nyhlen) is also quite catty to Victoria he writes zzzzzz after all her answers and says that Madeline and Carl Philip was just as sweet and charming as always (implied, not like their zzzzzzister) http://www.tv4.se/kandis/477155.html
Old 07-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Heir Apparent

2 pictures by Nieboer

and from Hola :

Old 07-15-2006, 08:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

As I said the press does not seem pleased, here is what Aftonbladets writer has to say, my translation
Quote:
In vain we waited; Victoria was not allowed to celebrate her birthday with her boyfriend this year either. The rumours started early, small excited whispers flew over the hot press core next to the scene, Daniel is invited, Daniel is stopped, Daniel will play for Ulf Lundell on the congas during his summer tour

Nothing was right, He never came. Instead it was a bittersweet night. Victoria laughed and made fun, she showed herself as the charming and humoristic girl, But something was missing, someone. We who stood only some meter from Victoria could see hoe she time and again looked over her shoulder, short looks, like she was looking for someone. But behind her Daniel did not sit, only Runar S÷rgaard (controversial pastor, ex man of one of the artists who played). And I refuse to interpret that in any way. But the speculations on the boyfriends absence was many on Borgholms most camera-crowded piece of grass. My guess was that he did not show to avoid take the spotlight from his girlfriend (Me: or from Madeline:p ) or someone suggested the future Parents in law did not think it proper with unmarried men at the Borgholms sports arena

The press secretary of the court MorganGerle tried to explain Westlings absence with that he was at Solliden preparing for tonight’s party. I asked if Westling was busy in the Kitchen

-I don’t think so said Gerle

I don’t care if he is at home baking 7 sorts of cookies it is Idiocy, However there is much that is idiocy….I hate that Daniel has to go to school with rich noble stallions and society lions to be accepted in the posh saloons. The royal family should learn from Daniel - He can tell them a thing or two about what happens in the real world. Over them palacewall at the kitchens in the red houses where Love is not something that has to be hidden and you are automatically reduced to something ugly. Where one can openly celebrate the birthday with your Love, even if you have not exchanged rings just yet. The year is 2006, the People live in “sin”, you are allowed to show that you are weak or in love. Late this night there were several rumours floating around that in the audience there were several unmarried couples that had celebrated their birthday together. I hope S┬PO (the security police) has been warned
http://aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,857591,00.html
Old 07-15-2006, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Happy Birthday to Crown Princess Victoria! She looked amazing.

You know while looking at these pics..I recalled that I used to feel sorry for Victoria in the looks department. Don't get me wrong...she is a very pretty girl but let's face it if you compared her to Madeline (and yes I know you shouldn't they are two different people) she would have always come up the loser (throne notwithstanding). But these pics completely changed my mind. Both girls are beautiful in their own way but ten years from now with all the tanning that Madeline is doing...she is going to look like the older sister and I am afraid..not so pretty. Doesn't she look at her aunt, the sun is NOT your friend. Whereas Victoria will most likely remain the same.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Just as I thought, of course Daniel was not at the official part of the celebration. As I wrote yesterday, I think the press assistant missunderstood the reporters question, he was talking about the private party afterwards...

He also never mentioned Daniel's name, so the media partly also have themselves to blaim for this hissyfit.

This little piece, where TT (news agency) thought the press assistant from the Royal Court was talking about the official celebration, and the media press assistant himself was talking about the private party - lead to every Swedish media taking this as an official notice that Daniel would attend the official celebration. Rediculous.

The whole Swedish media acting on such a little piece, were nothing is even said in clear words. Another sign of how the media acts first and thinks later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
But, a little doubt though arrised in me when I read this story in Barometern. It's the wordings of the whole piece. This is translated what it said:

"The Royal Court confirms for TT that Victoria's boyfriend Daniel Westling is invited for the first time to take part in the birthday celebrations at Borgholm. Morgan Gerle at the Court's information service doesn't want to give any closer comments.
- The Crown Princess birthay is celebrated traditionally here on Íland together with family and private friends. Among them, the partners of the royal children are of course included."
Old 07-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I don’t care if he is at home baking 7 sorts of cookies it is Idiocy, However there is much that is idiocy….I hate that Daniel has to go to school with rich noble stallions and society lions to be accepted in the posh saloons. The royal family should learn from Daniel - He can tell them a thing or two about what happens in the real world. Over them palacewall at the kitchens in the red houses where Love is not something that has to be hidden and you are automatically reduced to something ugly. Where one can openly celebrate the birthday with your Love, even if you have not exchanged rings just yet. The year is 2006, the People live in “sin”, you are allowed to show that you are weak or in love. Late this night there were several rumours floating around that in the audience there were several unmarried couples that had celebrated their birthday together. I hope S┬PO (the security police) has been warned
This paragraph is so pathetic ...but after having read today about Victoria naming her dad, as the one she wants to drink wine with and naming her mother┤s 63th birthday as next big celebration (and it wasn┤t the first time she said such things...I just say "Jambo"), I think this columnist is so damn right. Either you do a Felipe and you hide really with your partner...and then PENG!...you get engaged or you decide for a long dating time, but then pls. stand to your guy...This is all so childish and silly (Victoria got 29! and dates this guy for 4.5 years!)...and one can┤t avoid to question this relationship :o
Thanks for the translation, Larzen
Old 07-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Nobility

two beautiful pics from A. Nieboer !! I hope there are coming more.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

All these speculations about Daniel and whether he would be at the celebration is nonsense. Victoria was there in her role as the heir to the throne and I doubt Daniel would attempt to attend and take the attention from her. Both he and Victoria know the game. When they get engaged he will accompany her. That is perfectly proper protocol and should be followed.

Aftonbladet loves to produce articles like the one above.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Bu thy nearly date for half an decade now. Other couples I know have been married after such an long period of time and do have kids already. And ys they couples are of Viktorias and Daniels age
Old 07-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Heir Apparent

In this pic (originally posted by purple_platinum) Victoria is a true beauty. Her smile worths a million!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Victoria and Daniel have their own time table as to when they will get married. Remember that Victoria is the heir. Her training and work takes priority in a different way than the "work" of the other crown princesses. I wish them both a lovely summer vacation.

Tags
birthday, concert, crown princess victoria, official birthday, swedish royal family