Sex, names, godparents and Duchy of Victoria's and Daniel's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Girl

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

principessa

Heir Apparent
City
Schweinfurt
Country
Germany
Feel free to guess!

My guesses are:

Princess Sibylla Frida Madeleine Christina of Sweden, Duchess of Öland
Prince Carl Olle Vilhelm Floriano of Sweden, Duke of Öland

Godparents:

HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden
HM Queen Mathilde of the Belgians
HM King Felipe VI of Spain
HRH Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxemburg
Hedvig Blom

I am hoping for a Prince Oscar. :D

Whoa, I think it is too premature to list some guesses... I'm just saying it will be a boy this time!

I'm hoping for a girl. Not sure of the name though. Victoria and Daniel really surprised us with Estelle. I love the name now, and can't imagine her being anything else, but it took a while to get used to.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

What about a new Princess Astrid of Sweden, after the late Queen of the Belgians. And her great grandson Guillaume as godfather.

Guesses for girls:

Ingrid Lilian Alice Margrethe
Alice Josephine Lilian Ingrid
Desiree Ingrid Louise Josephine
Josephine Lilian Ingrid Desiree
Martha Lilian Ingrid Josephine
Margaret Alice Ingrid Louise
Louise Margaret Josephine Alice

Godparents:

Crown Prince Frederik
Queen Maxima
Queen Mathilde
Princess Madeleine
Crown Princess Mette Marit

Last edited:
We don't hang around here, do we!!

I kinda think it will be something... like... Chantal. Or Arabella. And for a boy maybe something like...For a boy its hard. Maurice.

I'm hoping for a little Princess Lovisa, though it would be nice for Nicolas not to be outnumbered like Count Claus-Casimir in the Netherlands. Lovisa had been my guess for Leonore and Nicolas (had he been a girl) though I was disappointed both times. I still love their first names, however.
I agree that Oscar would be a nice choice for a boy.

I'd like an old duchy to be revived for this prince/ss, though I'm not that knowledgable on old Swedish duchies so I can't choose one.

For godparents, I'd like:

CP Mette-Marit of Norway (it would be nice because Victoria and MM seem close and Estelle has CP Mary, another Scandinavian royal, as her godmother)
Queen Mathilde of Belgium (Victoria is Princess Eleonore's godmother so it would be nice)
A male relative of Daniel
A male friend of both Victoria and Daniel or distant SRF relative like Victor Magnuson

My guess is another girl :)

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

My guess is a another girl. As for the name - who knows! It'll be a beautiful name because Victoria and Daniel will choose it from their heart

I'm guessing it's a girl. I have no guess for a name except that it will be something unique like Estelle's name.

Great news! Congratulations to the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel! I'm so happy for them!

I'm guessing it'll be a boy this time:

HRH Prince Carl Edmund Gustaf Olle of Sweden, Duke of Västerbotten.

If it's another girl:

HRH Princess Sybilla Alice Ingrid Victoria of Sweden, Duchess of Västerbotten.

Godparents:

HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden.
HM The Queen of the Belgians.
HRH The Crown Prince of Denmark.
HRH The Crown Princess of Norway.
A Westling relative.

I'm hoping for a boy, just to give them balance and Nicolas a playmate.

The name will again be something no one has guessed I bet.

I'm going to throw out a couple of guesses for names; Juliana, Lilian, Louise, or Emma for a girl. For a boy, only Olaf, Christian, and Oscar come to mind.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

We were surprised with Estelle, I think we will be surprised here too.

i wonder if they will do a theme like the Belgians and Dutch did? E names offer a lot of possibilities if so.

What about a new Princess Astrid of Sweden, after the late Queen of the Belgians. And her great grandson Guillaume as godfather.
i wonder if they will do a theme like the Belgians and Dutch did? E names offer a lot of possibilities if so.
To continue the E-theme and as a memory of queen Astrid, why not choose the old east-Swedish variant Estrid, it has old royal connections to both Sweden and Denmark.

For a girl: Estrid Louise Alice Margaret
For a boy: Eugen Carl Olof Maximilian

Duchy: Uppland, as there are several runestones mentioning Estrid there.

Godparents:
Crown princess Mette-Marit
Crown prince Frederik
Hereditary grand duke Guillaume for a girl/Queen Maxima for a boy
One of the Magnusson brothers
A relative of Daniel

Last edited:
I think a girl will be HRH Princess Shanique-Laqueeta Silvia of Sweden and a boy will be HRH Prince Diamond-Demarco Carl of Sweden. Any guess is as good as it is, of course. We have seen Cassius, we have seen Luana and Zaria, we have seen Xan, we have seen Columbus...

Coloumbus worried me slightly as it was allegedly also the name of the family dog.

A poll has been added to this thread. Enjoy the voting!

A boy : HRH Prince Oscar

A girl HRH Princess Louise

I think it will be a little sister for Estelle, but it doesn't really matter if boy or girl.

And I doubt that the name will be easy to guess. The parents will probably look for a name that has a family connection, but is not so common, not oldfashioned, and sounds pleasing to them.

I don't know which provinces there are to give the little one a duchy. What is still available?

I don't care one way or another on the gender.

The name will probably not be many of the suggested since they sound very old-fashioned in today's Sweden and both Victoria and Madeleine have gone for more international names. So I wont even try to guess.

On the duchy, I selfishly hope they will give Småland, since that's where I live :p

I'm guessing a boy, name: Bertil

so, with my usual accuracy in these polls, that probably won't happen :lol:

(if it's a girl, i'd bet the name Lilian could be a contender)

I'm guessing a boy, name: Bertil

so, with my usual accuracy in these polls, that probably won't happen :lol:

(if it's a girl, i'd bet the name Lilian could be a contender)
They may "save" Bertil for a possible future son of Prince Carl Philip.

I hope they choose a province that has not previously had a Duke of Duchess.

They may "save" Bertil for a possible future son of Prince Carl Philip.

I hope they choose a province that has not previously had a Duke of Duchess.
I would be very surpised if Victoria named a child Bertil. It's a "old mans" name. Although old mens names are getting more popular in Sweden I highly doubt it's in Victoria and Daniels taste, based on the name Estelle. Depending on how fond Sofia and CP is on "grandpa" names, Bertil might be possible on their kid though.

I would be very surpised if Victoria named a child Bertil. It's a "old mans" name. Although old mens names are getting more popular in Sweden I highly doubt it's in Victoria and Daniels taste, based on the name Estelle. Depending on how fond Sofia and CP is on "grandpa" names, Bertil might be possible on their kid though.
Bertil seems to be a name slowly getting popular again, from 14 boys given the name as first name (tilltalsnamn) in 2010 to 36 last year. (from SCB, Statistics Sweden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom