Sex, names, godparents and Duchy of Victoria's and Daniel's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Girl

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bertil seems to be a name slowly getting popular again, from 14 boys given the name as first name (tilltalsnamn) in 2010 to 36 last year. (from SCB, Statistics Sweden)
Yeah, I know. As I said "granpa" names are getting more popular.. But usually together with a girl named Ingrid, Saga, Iris, Maja, Elsa etc. Not from the same parents nameing their child Estelle. I could be very wrong, but it just doesn't feel like "them"

Well, I have to say that, to this American's ears, Estelle sounds pretty "grandma" to me, lol. But, since it's hardly a common name in Sweden, I can see how it would sound more international and somewhat exotic than old-fashioned.

I really hope they don't get cutesy with the names and go with a "E" name. Can't see them using either Frederick or Christian if it's a boy given how close they are to the Danish RF.

I don't have any specific guesses though. They really surprised us all with Estelle.

Well, I have to say that, to this American's ears, Estelle sounds pretty "grandma" to me, lol. But, since it's hardly a common name in Sweden, I can see how it would sound more international and somewhat exotic than old-fashioned.

I really hope they don't get cutesy with the names and go with a "E" name. Can't see them using either Frederick or Christian if it's a boy given how close they are to the Danish RF.

I don't have any specific guesses though. They really surprised us all with Estelle.
Yeah... I understand you. But it's not at all "swedish" so in that sense it's international :)

Yeah, I know. As I said "granpa" names are getting more popular.. But usually together with a girl named Ingrid, Saga, Iris, Maja, Elsa etc. Not from the same parents nameing their child Estelle. I could be very wrong, but it just doesn't feel like "them"
Many names go through the stages of being "grandpa / mom", "dad/mom" names and finally being popular for babies again.

Estelle was so out of left field I can't begin to imagine the second one's name -only that I doubt it will be something predictable.

My immediate guess would be that it's a boy but that might just be wishful thinking :D

Carl Edmund Olof Fredrik
Bertil Folke Gustaf Olof
Eugen Olof Carl Oskar

Lilian Alice Ingrid Anna
Ingrid Alice Lilian Eugènie
Mathilda Ingrid Hedvig Lilian

Duchy:
Skåne or Västerbotten

Godparents:
Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark
Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
A Westling relative (probably Hedvig Blom) or a close friend of Daniel
A Magnuson or Sommerlath relative or a close friend of Victoria

Last edited:
My vote goes to another girl for Victoria and Daniel :D
I think that Estelle will get a little baby sister!

My guess for new princess

- Names / Duchy
HRH Princess Lunette Sofia Lovisa Élisabeth of Sweden ,
Duchess of Södermanland
(Little princess's name means 'moon' while big sister's name means 'star')

- Godparents
Princess Sofia of Sweden
Crown Princess Élisabeth of Belgium , Duchess of Brabant
One of the Sommerlath relatives
One of the Westling relatives
One of the Victoria and Daniel's close friends

I'm not predicting if the new baby is a girl or a boy. Looking how they named Estelle, I suggest:
Girl:
Lilian Anna Alice Amelie
Lilian – from the beloved “Auntie”, Lilian and Estelle sound good together and it would be great to have a princess Lilian again at the royal family
Anna – from Daniel’s sister
Alice – from Victoria, and Victoria’s both grandmothers
Amelie – from Madeleine

Boy:
Erik Gustaf Gunnar Daniel
Erik – old name of kings, and Erik and Estelle sound good together
Gustaf – from the King, better choice than Carl
Gunnar – from Daniel’s father

Godparents:
Princess Madeleine
Queen Mathilde
Hereditary Prince Hubertus of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
Gustaf Magnuson
Hedvig Blom or Caroline Kreuger Nilsson

Duchy: Västerbotten, the duchy of Victoria's grandparents, who also lived at the Haga Palace. It would be good to get a duchy in the north.

The choice of the horrible name Estelle for the future Queen is not promising for my wish that the parents choose a traditional Swedish name.

Prince Vilhelm, Prince Sigvard, Prince Eugen, Prince Gustav, Prince Axel, Prince Ludvig, that sort of names.

Princess Thekla, Princess Gunilla, Princess Ingegard, Princess Solveig, Princess Ragnhild, that sort of names.

- Names / Duchy
Duchess of Södermanland

- Godparents
Princess Sofia of Sweden
Crown Princess Élisabeth of Belgium , Duchess of Brabant
One of the Sommerlath relatives
One of the Westling relatives
One of the Victoria and Daniel's close friends

I hadn't even thought of Elisabeth being chosen but isn't Elisabeth a Roman Catholic and the Swedes are Lutheran? I know Victoria is one of Eleonore's godparents (with the rest of Eleonore's being Catholic).

I can see Madeleine being chosen this time, simply because Carl Philip is one of Estelle's and Victoria was chosen for Leonore.

I can see Mette-Marit being chosen as well as she and Victoria seem to be pretty friendly.

I think this time it will be a boy, although I'm not really sure about his name. Victoria and Daniel surprised us with Estelle, so I think this time it will be also something rather original :)

Godparents:
HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Male relative of Daniel
HM King Philippe of Belgium
HRH Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg
Victoria's cousin or someone from less known family (e.g. Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or some princely family from Germany)

Duchy: Oland :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I hadn't even thought of Elisabeth being chosen but isn't Elisabeth a Roman Catholic and the Swedes are Lutheran? I know Victoria is one of Eleonore's godparents (with the rest of Eleonore's being Catholic).

I can see Madeleine being chosen this time, simply because Carl Philip is one of Estelle's and Victoria was chosen for Leonore.

I can see Mette-Marit being chosen as well as she and Victoria seem to be pretty friendly.

Yes, I know too ;)
But recent years royals have been many exemples of the godparents and godchildren
between diffrent religions.
- Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden(Protestant) is godmother
of Princess Éléonore of Belgium(Catholic)
- King Felipe VI of Spain(Catholic) is godfather
of Prince Vincent of Denmark(Protestant)
- Queen Mathilde of Belgium(Catholic) is godmother
of Princess Alexia of Netherlands(Protestant)
and Princess Isabella of Denmark(Protestant) and so on..

In addition, royal family of Belgium and Sweden share same ancestor
Queen Astrid of Belgium , née Princess of Sweden
This two are quite close relationship.
So, I don't think that diffrent religion isn't problem for them.

I want a little prince. About the name .....difficult. Who expect the name Estell ? Nobody.

The choice of the horrible name Estelle for the future Queen is not promising for my wish that the parents choose a traditional Swedish name.

Prince Vilhelm, Prince Sigvard, Prince Eugen, Prince Gustav, Prince Axel, Prince Ludvig, that sort of names.

Princess Thekla, Princess Gunilla, Princess Ingegard, Princess Solveig, Princess Ragnhild, that sort of names.
Haha, as a swede I'll comment on how "traditional swedish names" you choose :p

Vilhelm - Starting to come into style again
Sigvard - Might come into style in 5 years
Eugen - Never hear a swede named that ever
Gustav - Gone a bit out of style for a while... Guess it might come back in 30 years
Axel - Very in style
Ludvig - On it's way out of style
Thekla - That is more of an eastern european name I think...
Gunilla - Waaaaay out of style... It's the name of people in their 50s over here
Ingegard - Might come into style in 5-10 years
Solveig - Same as Gunilla... A bit older though
Ragnhild - Starting to creeep back into style

Sooo... yes, Estelle was a bit out of the blue... But I think it sounds really nice and here it sounds like a very "international" name, and thaat is very popular at the moment.

- Names / Duchy
Duchess of Södermanland

Euh... you know what a lunette is in French? Or luneta in Spanish?

This. (see link)

S.A.R. la princesse Lunette de Suède
S.A.R. la princesa Luneta de Suecia

Hilarity and laughter guaranteed...

:lol:

Last edited:
^^^^
Euh.... i think it was a name from Arthurian tales (Lunet(a)) before that?

Victoria and Daniel have surprised us with Estelle before, so ...

boy: CARL AUGUST / DAVID ALEXANDER / GABRIEL GOTTFRID / ERIK MAGNUS
girl: MATILDA VICTORIA / REVITAL LETICIA / LEILANI DANIELLE / HELENA KRISTINA

If it's a boy, I'm hoping Olle or Olof will be one of his names.

Last edited:
Boy: Eric Olof Carl Daniel.
Girl: Berta Victoria Hedwig Carolina
Duchy: Oland
Godparents: Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
Princess of Orange
Princess Sofia, Duchess of Varmland
Hedwig Blom
Prince Daniel's male cousin.

Does Queen Letizia of Spain have any Royal godchildren at all?

I predict that Queen Mathilde of Belgium and/or CP Mette-Marit of Norway will be named as one of the godparents, and almost certainly Princess Madeleine will as well.

I'm pulling for a prince: HRH Prince Eric Olle Johan, Duke of Halland (Eric, 1st king of Sweden, Olle, after Daniel's father; Johan, one of Sweden's princes (Carl Johan). The duchy of Halland was Bertil's and Lilian's.

Godparents: the baby will be third in line to the throne. Betting on a Scandinavian royal; Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway (close to Victoria and Daniel); immediate family - Madeleine; relative - a Sommerlath cousin. Possibly a close non-royal friend of Victoria and Daniel.

Euh... you know what a lunette is in French? Or luneta in Spanish?

This. (see link)

S.A.R. la princesse Lunette de Suède
S.A.R. la princesa Luneta de Suecia

Hilarity and laughter guaranteed...

:D:D Oh là là! of course
I was known that word means in French and Spanish.
But I'm talking about female name Lunette
varition of Luna(meaning moon) ;)

:previous: As for moon-related names, there's Selene, the name of the Greek goddess of the moon :)

^^^^ it's probably too out there, but i actually like "Princess Selene" :)

Astra or probably Astrid.if you want to do the moon/ sky thing and a name with Royal ties it works.

Gustav Walter Daniel Anders
Johanna Alice Frida Brigitta

Boy. The first name will likely be something they just like and that isn't traditional in the royal family. This child isn't the direct heir, so they can be more relaxed. I would guess something like Alexander or William or Oliver as the first name, with two or three traditional middles. Carl is a likely middle name, as is Prince Daniel's father Olle and possibly Daniel itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom