Girl 40 41.67%
Twins: Boy & Girl 4 4.17%
Twins: Two Boys 3 3.13%
Twins: Two Girls 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Foreign royal I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Mathilde/Philippe, Gui/Steph, Pavlos/Marie Chantal. Maybe 1 or 2 of them. Vic is godmother to Eleanor of Belgium and one of the Greek kids, and her Guillaume have been said to be close. And since the Norweigans have already been honored, would think they may look at other royal houses. Could be wrong.

Old 02-26-2016, 02:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Although the press is ginned up for the royal births, at the end of the day these two babies coming are not equal. One is a child of a future sovereign; the other is the child of a successor far from the throne. Because of the ranks of their parents the children will be treated differently.

Carl Johan would be a wonderful name for a prince/duke, mix in Olle in honor of Daniel's father.

The duchy - this baby is a child of a future queen so he (pulling for a boy) would get prime ducal real estate. Carl Gustaf may turn over the duchy of Jamtland to the baby since the sovereign never carried over the ducal once he ascends to the throne (well in the past). That would be a surprise.

Godparents - foreign royal is a good bet. Mette Marit because she and Victoria are close but I didn't know Victoria was close to Martha Louise of Norway.
Duke of Jämtland is Carl Gustafs title for lifetime. That title does not revert to the crown upon accession in Sweden like it does in UK so it can't be created again until Carl Gustaf is dead.

Duke of Skåne, a title last held by the former King Gustaf VI Adolf is a possibility.

There will likely be one, maybe even two foreign royals as godparents. Victoria and Märtha-Louise are very close friends since childhood so M-L is definitely a possibility :)

Old 02-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

If looking geographically, Bohuslän and Dalsland borders the duchy of Västergötland, so either or both would be a good choice for Victoria and Daniel's child.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

So do Smaland, Narke and Halland. Smaland borders both Ostgergotland and Vastergotland (so both Vic and Estelle). Dasland and Narke would both be good choices for CP as well, for along with Dalarna and Vastmanland, they border his.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
So do Smaland, Narke and Halland. Smaland borders both Ostgergotland and Vastergotland (so both Vic and Estelle).
Yes, but one reason why I would prefer Bohuslän is that it have never been a royal duchy (and I grew up there ) and today there are no longer any independent counties of Bohuslän or Dalsland, as they are now a part of the larger region of Västra Götaland, and the main part of Västra Götaland is the former county of Västergötland, so a duke/duchess of Bohuslän and/or Dalsland would literally end up next to his/her mother. To have a duchy of Bohuslän och Dalsland would be quite natural, as the region was often referred to as Bohuslän-Dal(sland) while I grew up. A generation or two in the future, few will remember or care that there have been a county named Bohuslän and a county named Dalsland, it will only be Västra Götaland = Västergötland.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Neither Oland or Angermanland border either of Madeleine's provinces, so it isn't a given that like Estelle, this baby's territory will be close to Vic's.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness

There's no prerequisite that a new duchy has to border the duchy off the appointees parent.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This poll has been closed. We will very soon know if Victoria's and Daniels 2nd child is a boy or a girl.

Old 03-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's a boy! Congrats on the voters.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Any final guess on the name now we know its a boy, before tomorrow???

I am really wondering if Johan will be included. There was speculation before they would use it in honor of Carl Johan. Perhaps a double reason considering the passing of Victoria's Uncle today, Johann Georg.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Courtier

HRH Prince Carl Johan Gustaf Olle of Sweden, Duke of Västerbotten.

I was initially right about the sex, but I thought she was having a girl more recently.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:01 PM
Courtier

Ok now that we know its a boy here are my guesses
I happy for the 2 believe I am but I think they're going with something really unexpected and unusual....strange (for a Prince of Sweden-no offence to the names or any holders of them) tbh for the 1st name and then more traditional for 2nd names etc...perhaps:
Thierry/Maxence, Carl Bertil Olle Duke of Skane or maybe Vasterbotten
Godparents:
Princess Madeleine
Queen Mathilde
A relative or friend of Daniel
Princess Martha Louise
and perhaps Greek relation..Pavlov? or maybe a close friend of Victoria's.
haha I know my guesses for the 1st name aren't very Swedish or common but I don't know what to expect from these 2
Old 03-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Courtier

I think that Olle will definitely be included, since Estelle was given Ewa as one of her names. but I don't think he will be called Olle. I assume they will surprise us once again :)
Old 03-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Now that we know the sex here are my guesses

Name; Carl Olle Gustav Johan
Dutchy: I have no clue!
Godparents: Madeleine, CP Frederik, Queen Maxima or CP Mette Marit, Queen Mathilde, CP Pavlos

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Estelle was odd but was a family name so I suspect the baby's will be along those lines. Gustaf/Carl and Olle I will be shocked if they aren't included since Estelle was named for her grandmothers. Perhaps the last middle name will be for a godfather, as Estelle has Mary for CP Mary.

Johann Gustaf Olle (godfather)

Madeleine
Mathilde
male friend for Daniel
either Guillaume or Pavlos
female friend or cousin of Vic's
Old 03-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Majesty

Didn't expect a boy! I'm at loss for the names but I'm sure Carl and Olle will be included. Or I hope so.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm expecting a surprise with the name
Old 03-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Didn't expect a boy! I'm at loss for the names but I'm sure Carl and Olle will be included. Or I hope so.
Agreed. I don't think we'll see Johann as a name - I'd expect Bertil more than Johann

1st Name - a surprise like Estelle
2nd Name - Carl or Gustaf - after the King
3rd Name - Olle - after Daniel's father
4th Name - Bertil - after her great Uncle

The 4th name could also be after one of the godfathers, like with Estelle's fourth name after Mary
Old 03-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Agreed. I don't think we'll see Johann as a name - I'd expect Bertil more than Johann

The 4th name could also be after one of the godfathers, like with Estelle's fourth name after Mary
I agree with you. I thnk Victoria and Daniel are going to dollow the same pattern as it was for Estelle's names.
Old 03-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post

I think you're right about most of the names, but I have a feeling that they won't use Bertil. Carl Philip and Bertil was very close, so I think they will leave that name to Carl Philips future child.

Closed Thread