Sex, names, godparents and Duchy of Victoria's and Daniel's second child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What will it be?

• Boy

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Girl

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • Twins: Boy & Girl

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Twins: Two Boys

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Twins: Two Girls

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so happy for Victoria nd Daniel. I really hope it's a boy this time :D

Is it possible to bet on the sex, names etc sverla times as the pregnancy progresses? ;-) (I don't mean the vote in the poll,since it is pretyt clear we are all allowed to vote once),but just the list on here...

I would imagine a boy would have Carl and/or Gustaf in his name. For a girl I would guess one of the names would be Lilian.

Princess Agnethe Lillian Margrethe, Duchess of Halland
Prince Edmund Ollie Carl Gustav, Duke of Halland

Godparents - Crown Prince Haakon
Princess Sophia
One of Daniels siblings
A Sommerlath cousin

Last edited:
I've been thinking about my guess but to be honest I'm finding it impossible as I was so shocked when they picked Estelle! I have a feeling that no matter what we guess it will be wrong!

:previous: I know what you mean. After the birth and when the name gets announced we may search this thread and not find it in any guess. But I like Estelle, the name has a beautiful sound. So I simply trust V&D to pick out something nice.

So far most people think that the little one will be a boy. But I still think that we'll need a girl's name.;)

I've been thinking about my guess but to be honest I'm finding it impossible as I was so shocked when they picked Estelle! I have a feeling that no matter what we guess it will be wrong!

Yep, I thought that too!
Still, trying to guess is fun so:

Princess Coral (too much? :lol:) Lilian Frida Stéphanie, duchess of Narke

Godparents:

The Crown Prince of Denmark
The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
Princess Madeleine of Sweden
Somebody from Daniel's family. He has only one sister and she's Estelle's godmother.
One of Daniel's friends

I also hope this time A boy for VIctoria and DAniel ;)
NAme guessing: for a boy -Lucas,Alexander,Christian And for a girl: Lillian,Anna
God parents:Frederik from Denmark,Mathilde from Belgium,Aunt Madeleine, one of Daniel's sisters, and one from V&D's close friends

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

A boy, for sure. :flowers: I voted for twins - two boys. Long shot. I know.

I think it will be a girl, a little sister voor Estelle!
Not sure on the names yet, it's difficult because Estelle was a surprising choice actually!

For the godparents:
- Princess Madeleine (safe bet)
- CP Frederik from Denmark

I hope Queen Máxima will be a godmother. I think one may be very lucky to have such a lady as godmother. I think Mathilde is a possibility too.

[....]
I hope Queen Máxima will be a godmother. I think one may be very lucky to have such a lady as godmother. I think Mathilde is a possibility too.

I agree, she seems to have a warm heart, especially doting children. When Queen Máxima is the godmother, the little child may be lucky indeed.

I'll try:

Sex: a girl.

Names (very hard to guess)Helena Anna Desiree.

Godparents: (5 as it was for Estelle): Crown princess Mette-Marit of Norway, Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Crown Prince Frederick of Danmark, Andrea Brodin and a male friend of Prince Daniel.

Duchy:Sodermanland.

Wouldn't even know where to start with a name since Estelle was such a surprise. But here's my list for godparents

Madeleine
Mette Marit
King Felipe
Two other friends or family members

There are several duchy's that have never had a Duke/Duchess. I hope they pick one for each of the two new babies. Blekinge, Bohuslän, Härjedalen, Lappland, Medelpad och Norrbotten.

I'll try it too :)

Sex: Boy
Name: Carl Olof Gustaf Olle
Duke of Dalsland
Godparents: Princess Madeleine, Caroline Kreuger Nilsson, Guillaume of Luxemburg, friend of Daniel, Patrick Sommerlath

If it is a girl: Lilian Anna Danielle Victoria

If its a Prince maybe Erik or Olaf.

For a Princess maybe Louise or Sibylla with Lillian as a middle name.

Probably not going to get a one single name correct with these suggestions, but here we go, just for fun:

It's a boy!
Adrian Edmund Folke Olof

If it's a girl:
Emmelie Astrid Alice Frida Ulrika

Godparents:
Princess Madeleine
Prince Guillaume of Luxemburg
Queen Mathilde of Belgium
Patrick Sommerlath
A friend/relative of Daniel

Duchy: Norrbotten

If they have a boy i'm still rooting for Prince Oscar with one of the godparent's names as a middle name like they did with Estelle. For a girl i'm going for Princess Louise or Princess Ingrid with a godparent's name for one of the middle names. I like the idea of Princess Ingrid even though there is already Ingrid-Alexandra. We have a Leonor, Leonore and Eleonore so what harm will another Ingrid be?

For godparents I can see Madeleine being chosen along with Queen Mathilde and possibly King Felipe. As both Mathilde and Felipe are Catholic I think Mette-Marit or Frederik would be chosen as well.

It's a shame that we'll never see a British royal in the lineup for godparents anymore due to their lack of closeness with the European royals. Although Edward and Sophie are friendly with these royals, I can't see either of them being chosen as a godparent.

Probably not going to get a one single name correct with these suggestions, but here we go, just for fun:It's a boy! Adrian Edmund Folke Olof

I like Prince Edmund for a boy. :flowers:

For a girl I remain partial to Princess Desiree, though I suspect they will choose another name totally out-of-the-blue (for us), not related to historical references.

As the name Estelle was apparently a name Victoria loved as a child, maybe this one will be a name Daniel was keen to have one of his children carry. :flowers:

I wish I could undo my vote but there seems to be no option for that. :ermm: I voted for twins (two boys) but with today's denial, I will go for a boy: Prince Edmund. :flowers: Though.....I dunno.....might be another girl. ;) Hoping for a boy, though.

I'm Team Edmund as well (perhaps Carl Edmund? But probably not). Estelle and Edmund sound great together and it would be a lovely tribute to CG's father.

i wish for a girl cos Princess Estelle is just too precious and I'd love to see another girl and their difference!
I would say that Edmund could be a good bet for a second or third name for a boy, but not first name.
My wish, not a prediction, would be a baby Princess Lillian.

I believe that it is a boy but if a girl would love to Sybilla.

I would love it if the baby were another Princess, because Swedish Princesses start to wear tiaras at the age of 18! :lol: :p That said I'll be happy with a boy as well, because a baby is a baby and they are all cute and lovely.

So far the siblings haven't reused names of really close family members, and I'd be surprised if they started to do that now. But I really like the names Sybilla and Lillian.

I would love it if the baby were another Princess, because Swedish Princesses start to wear tiaras at the age of 18! :lol:

Tilia your love for tiaras and jewelry is incurable :lol:

Tilia your love for tiaras and jewelry is incurable :lol:
I know! I guess it's a bit early to start guessing on the unborn baby's first tiara?:ROFLMAO:

But still, I won't be unhappy if it will be a little prince!
As for the godparents, I think that baby will have fewer royal godparents than Estelle, who as a the future heir had three. Maybe Mette-Marit and Frederik because the Danes and Norwegians are closest to the Swedish court. Or a first god-parent from Belgium, like Mathilde?

:previous: Let born first and then guess :lol:. I laughed a lot. Thanks.:lol: I think the possibility there is the godmother Mathilde is very big.

I'd love for them to call a girl Mathilda and make Mathilde her godmother :D

I generally just love the idea of Mathilde as godmother (or Máxima, but I don't know how likely that is since WA was godfather to Estelle) – perhaps alongside Frederik and Mette-Marit or Guillaume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom