Girl 40 41.67%
Twins: Boy & Girl 4 4.17%
Twins: Two Boys 3 3.13%
Twins: Two Girls 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 05:39 AM
Majesty

I think all the chosen godparents were to be expected. I have to say that I hadn't tought of Oscar Magnuson... how on earth I didn't associate the name Oscar with the son of Princess Christina? I even didn't know who Hans Astrom was, so he is the only real surprising name...

Old 05-26-2016, 06:07 AM
Nobility

Agree. Not surprised about the choices of godparents, but I'm concerned about the press is going to play this. Expressen and recently have written that Sofia was in the running as godmother; Bunte even had a poll who was going to be picked, Madeleine or Sofia. I don't know why they went this way - when it comes to family members as godparents blood relatives are usually picked. This is supposed to be a lovely day but to sell papers I'm afraid the press will go for "Madeleine vs. Sofia, round whatever" or "Sofia being snubbed".

Old 05-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nothing surprising about the godparents. Madeleine was a given and I will dare say Frederik was too considering his and Victoria's (and Haakon's) brother/sister-like friendship. Choosing Frederik and not Mette-Marit would be slightly unfair so she was a given, too. Oscar Magnuson was IMO the most likely cousin to be chosen as he shares name with little Oscar. Hans Åström was the only one I hadn't pondered about at some point but it makes sense with one of Victoria's cousins and one of Daniel's cousins. I'm not even surprised that the royal godparents don't extend beyond Scandinavia – just reaffirms my point about what a tight knit group they are.

Old 05-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Agree. Not surprised about the choices of godparents, but I'm concerned about the press is going to play this. Expressen and recently have written that Sofia was in the running as godmother; Bunte even had a poll who was going to be picked, Madeleine or Sofia. I don't know why they went this way - when it comes to family members as godparents blood relatives are usually picked. This is supposed to be a lovely day but to sell papers I'm afraid the press will go for "Madeleine vs. Sofia, round whatever" or "Sofia being snubbed".

Isn't Carl-Philip's Estelle godfather so, it makes sense that Madeleine is Oscar's. Two kids, Two siblings as godparents.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-26-2016, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Isn't Carl-Philip's Estelle godfather so, it makes sense that Madeleine is Oscar's. Two kids, Two siblings as godparents.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I agree, there is nothing surprising in the choice of Madeleine. I would have been rather surprised if she had been passed over.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Majesty

Madeleine named Victoria godmother to Leonor (CP is to Nicolas). Since she used her brother for Estelle, Madeleine was a given here. I noticed no reporters were guessing Chris as a godparent. Why Sofia was such a certain for reporters but not Chris is beyond me? Honestly if she was going to use a sibling in law, Chris was more likely. If she wasn't going to use her sister, her sister's husband was more likely, since CP was used.

Little sad we didn't see any different royal houses considering her multiple godchildren, but no surprise at all.

I didn't know Dan had a cousin to guess him. But I did think Dan would get a godparent in. I thought his brother in law or friend (think I did say cousin if he had one).

Guess Oscar didn't need a 4th name. Like Estelle, one of his names does honor a godparent. Simply does double duty.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness

There is nothing strange with Victoria choosing her sister over her sister in law. It's very normal in a family where everyone are close to each other.

If Victoria and Daniel have a 3:rd child, Sofia and Chris will likely be asked.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:12 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As the christening day is upon us now (and all guessing games are over), please move any godparent discussion to the christening thread:
Christening of Prince Oscar: May 27, 2016