The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What will it be?
Boy 48 50.00%
Girl 40 41.67%
Twins: Boy & Girl 4 4.17%
Twins: Two Boys 3 3.13%
Twins: Two Girls 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Mathilde was present in the congregation when Estelle was baptized even though neither she nor Philippe were godparents. So I suppose she must be friends with Victoria and Daniel.

I agree that Victoria is probably closer to the Scandinavian royals, but she already chose Mary and Haakon as Estelle's godparents.
Then she could still use Mette-Marit or Frederik as godparents of Oscar.
Or perhaps Guillaume of Luxembourg.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I am hoping for a Prince Oscar.
Molly you guessed it right

Old 03-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Yes she is probably friends with most of the european royals in her generation. It is also possible that junior royals like Prince Joachim or Princess Märtha-Louise might be asked like Queen Margrethe is now godmother to Carl Philip and her sister Benedikte is godmother to Madeleine.
I can't speak of their relationship to Märtha Louise as opposed to e.g. Mette-Marit, but I'm almost completely certain that they would choose Frederik over Joachim. Frederik and Mary are personal friends of theirs whereas they don't seem to have any particularly close relationship to Joachim and Marie.

Old 03-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I can't speak of their relationship to Märtha Louise as opposed to e.g. Mette-Marit, but I'm almost completely certain that they would choose Frederik over Joachim. Frederik and Mary are personal friends of theirs whereas they don't seem to have any particularly close relationship to Joachim and Marie.
Victoria and Märtha Louise have said many times that they have been close friends through their whole lives.

Harald and Margrethe see Victoria as a children of their own families and Carl Gustaf see Haakon, Märtha Louise and Frederik as children of his family.

I agree that they don't seems to be close to Joachim.
Joachim is more private and have always kept a certain "distance" (reminds a lot of his father PH). And his lifestyle doesn't exactly match Victorias lifestyle.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Godparents:

Madeleine
One of the Victoria's cousins
One of Daniels friends/cousins
Prince Frederick
Prince Guillame/princess Stephanie
A common friend
Old 03-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I am hoping for a Prince Oscar.
How right you were!
Old 03-04-2016, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess B View Post
Godparents:

Madeleine
One of the Victoria's cousins
One of Daniels friends/cousins
Prince Frederick
Prince Guillame/princess Stephanie
A common friend
As Estelle only had five godparents, I doubt that a younger sibling will have six, most likely Oscar will only have four.
Madeleine
A relative/friend of Daniel
Märtha Louise
A male relative of Victoria, Bernadotte or Sommerlath
Old 03-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCourtisane View Post
Molly you guessed it right
I was very happy with their choice!

As for godparents...I really hope they don't choose Sofia. I would rather they chose Chris if they're choosing family.

As for other royals, I can see Mathilde being chosen or Philippe. I would love Sophie Wessex but that's a huge long shot! If she were a future monarch then I feel she would be in with a chance.
Old 03-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Well since Madeleine hasn't served as godmother, I doubt her husband or Sofia would be chosen before her. As accepting of her sister in law as Vic may be, Madeleine is still her sister.
Old 03-05-2016, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness

If they choose family members, it is Madeleine's turn this time.

Sofia may be asked if they have a 3:rd child
Old 03-05-2016, 04:40 PM
Courtier

Madeleine is the safest bet for a godparent. I can't see how or why the would exclude her.

I would also vote for Mathilde or Philippe, and Mette-Marit or Frederick, in a combo Mathilde/Frederick or Philippe/Mette-Marit. Maybe Daniels brother-in-law, Mikael Söderström.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Is it possible to baptize prince Oscar with his cousin ( son/daughter of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia) at the same ceremony specially as the age difference between the two royals will be only one month.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Is it possible to baptize prince Oscar with his cousin ( son/daughter of Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia) at the same ceremony specially as the age difference between the two royals will be only one month.

Yes its definitely a possibility. I've been to christenings where 4-5 kids was baptised after one and another.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-05-2016, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
It is possible and it would be a good way to contain the costs. But i don't think it will happen.
A problem would be that it would require 2 christening gowns. There is one that have been used by almost everyone from Victorias grandfather Prince Gustaf Adolf, his siblings and almost everyone from there down to Prince Nicolas.

There is an older christening gown kept in the Royal Armoury wich was worn by King Gustaf V and his brothers. Don't know if it's too old to use as it is probably around 160 years old.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Sorry not a fan of Oscar nor of Estelle. Having said that these two children have been born into a family with a great deal of love. That's all the beauty they will need.
Truer words, suztav, for sure!
Old 03-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Nobility

@Rossina - the other reason there would not be a joint christening between Oscar and CP & Sofia's baby is their status. Oscar is the son of a future queen; Baby Bernadotte-Hellqvist is the child of the 4th in line to the throne. The level of grandeur for each baptism will be different.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
@Rossina - the other reason there would not be a joint christening between Oscar and CP & Sofia's baby is their status. Oscar is the son of a future queen; Baby Bernadotte-Hellqvist is the child of the 4th in line to the throne. The level of grandeur for each baptism will be different.
The only reason I can think of why you repetedly keep calling the next baby arrival "baby Bernadotte-Hellqvist", when you know very well that he/she will have no last name, is that your disapproval of Sofia always shines through in your posts, and you take every chance you can to show it, although subtle. Give it a break.

When it comes to the date of the christening, I think that Oscar will be baptized in may or early june. The other new prince/princess will probably wait until august/september. I see no reason for them to have a common baptism. Their parents have different friends and relatives. There is also just one baptism gown (if that's the correct english word), and I think that they would want to use it for both of the kings' grandchildren.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:55 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
The only reason I can think of why you repetedly keep calling the next baby arrival "baby Bernadotte-Hellqvist", when you know very well that he/she will have no last name, is that your disapproval of Sofia always shines through in your posts, and you take every chance you can to show it, although subtle. Give it a break.

When it comes to the date of the christening, I think that Oscar will be baptized in may or early june. The other new prince/princess will probably wait until august/september. I see no reason for them to have a common baptism. Their parents have different friends and relatives. There is also just one baptism gown (if that's the correct english word), and I think that they would want to use it for both of the kings' grandchildren.

I think unfortunately it is impossible to "Miss" Verseau forget and stop its attacks on Sofia and constantly remind status Victoria. I do not see the need to always want to put it forward. It is a fact that no doubt, here or in the royal family. Carl Philip and Madeleine are happy not to have this role. Here I think everyone recognizes that Victoria will be a good queen and will do a good job.I think it is unnecessary to always want to Victoria, his family, opposition, and his brother and sister and their children, as some here do not stop.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Swedish law designates that Estelle Westling will -Deo Volente- become Queen of Sweden one day. So be it. That does not take away the unique position of a future son of Prince Carl Philip: he still will be the procreation of the agnatic, dynastical line of the Bernadottes, directly descending from all Kings of his House.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If you want to keep your postings interesting stop repeting, repeting and repeting things that I think are not relevant to the family and to Sweden

Closed Thread