Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 4: April 2005 - May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I adore these photos!

so did she got to 2 receptions at the same art gallery?

Didn't Victoria suffer from anorexia? I don't think she would allow herself to slip back into her old patterns and become too thin again. She has probably just been working out more as Lena said, and maybe it's the clothes and hair that make her look slimmer.

pollyemma said:
I adore these photos!

so did she got to 2 receptions at the same art gallery?

So it seems. And all about Larsson. :confused: Maybe it´s, because "uncle" Hansi is head of the HYPO endowment for arts/culture. The exhibition takes place in the HYPO Kunsthalle (hall for arts)

was this in germany?

Jeap. In Munich->Bavaria->Germany

i was so shocked to see Victoria´s photos in Hello...her waist appeared non-existent....i hope the old illness has not returned. Have to say she looks a bit better,just slimmer, in the photos posted by Lena than in the Hello ones.

eireann said:
i was so shocked to see Victoria´s photos in Hello...her waist appeared non-existent....i hope the old illness has not returned. Have to say she looks a bit better,just slimmer, in the photos posted by Lena than in the Hello ones.

I think she's usually this slim. this dress just accentuates it better than some of the other outfits she's worn recently.

Woah does anyone else think that she and Mary Donaldson look alike or is it just me?

I dont think they look alike, well at least i cant see any resemblence between them :) But then again, other people see things others cant. So maybe she does look similar.

Looking back at the few pages of this thread, it seems that Victoria loves to surprise us with her fasionable wardrobe in foreign countries but never in Sweden. That stunning red dress, 2/3 times has been worn in foreign countries, the beautiful lilac dress worn in Australia (with a bunch of other great outfits), and pretty outifts in China. Can't she just spare one or two outfits for Sweden? The ugly, green turtle neck thing with capped off sleeves does nothing for her or her superb figure. I don't see hope for the green dress a.k.a. frog dress because it makes her look as if she has no neck! Victoria, please, wear a gorgeous dress to Nobel with a beautiful tiara (not Four Button or the Napoleonic) and maybe even new jewelry! She's such a beautiful person, inside and out, but sometimes her fashion leaves much to be desired.

Tiara

I would love to see Crown princess Victoria wear the Amethyst Tiara to these years Nobel Prize Award.

Gita said:
I would love to see Crown princess Victoria wear the Amethyst Tiara to these years Nobel Prize Award.

that would be wonderful! with a lovely regal purple dress of some sort and her hair in something other than a ponytail (sigh)

Is the amythest tiara the button one with large amethyst buttons encircled by diamonds. I saw it only once on her and i liked it.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Is the amythest tiara the button one with large amethyst buttons encircled by diamonds. I saw it only once on her and i liked it.

yes it is. I dont have a photo at hand to post here but its the one she's wearing on Dennism's avatar.:)

If you type this number #52119341 into the search field of getty images there is a pic of Crown Princess Victoria. Have we seen this pic posted before?

Nevermind, I mistook the outfit for a dress, it's a pantsuit that she wore from the Gala in Madrid.

Last edited:
Yesterday, 1 December, Crown Princess Victoria attended the "Focus on Environment" seminar held by The Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences at their headquarters. At this event, the Crown Princess also awarded this year's Carl Mannerfelt Prize from the World Wildlife Fund to Anna Schytt.

Picture from Pressens Bild from the Royal Court's website.

Attachments

• Kungliga Ingenjörsvetenskapsak, Carl Mannerfelt priset 2005, 1 dec.jpg
    Kungliga Ingenjörsvetenskapsak, Carl Mannerfelt priset 2005, 1 dec.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 185
i thought we caould help out aftonbladet, expressen and other papers on w
hat kind of articles we would love to see about victoria
i would like to read about
* Victorias 7 nobel dresses with big photos (the photos are the important thing here)
* more text about the abroud travels she do - often there are more photos then text
* what are spring programme will be
here realtionchip with europes crown princes as they will will be furure Kings and she the queen

The Swedish Academy's Solemn gathering 2005

Yesterday, Victoria was at the Swedish Academy’s Solemn Gathering at the Stock Exchange House in Stockholm

and look, its that dress again :)

photo from scanpix

Attachments

• sp9dfa3a.jpg
    sp9dfa3a.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 600
Yennie, thanks for the picture from Gala at yesterday. I think the dress from the crown princess is beautiful (but old) and suit her wonderful.

But no pictures from the queen?

Yennie said:
Yesterday, Victoria was at the Swedish Academy’s Solemn Gathering at the Stock Exchange House in Stockholm

is this an annual thing? how come for a 'solemn gathering', they have to wear a gala dress and a sash? :confused:

but she looks great with her hair down.. :)

purple_platinum said:
is this an annual thing? how come for a 'solemn gathering', they have to wear a gala dress and a sash? :confused:

but she looks great with her hair down.. :)
akademi5mb.jpg

Picture by Fredrik Perssons/Pressens Bild via Aftonbladet

The Solemn Gathering is a very special occasion indeed, it is the only ”open” proceeding that the Swedish Academy holds – but it is only opened in the sense that only invitees are welcome. All other proceedings of the Swedish Academy are held behind closed doors and off limits to the media and the public.

As you can see in the picture that Lena posted, the Lady-in-Waiting behind the Crown Princess is wearing her Court Dress, something that is only done for very special occasions.

The gathering relays on tradition, things are done about as they always have. The Solemn Gathering was held in the Great Hall of the Stock Exchange House, and everything was done in a very old fashioned way. The gathered audience of course rose when the royals entered, but also when the members of the Swedish Academy entered the room to take their places in the middle – also the royals rose for them.

During the proceedings, Mr Englund, a member of the Academy, read an essay about Queen Kristina during which he quoted her:
- People marry because they don’t know what they are doing.
Aftonbladet noted that Crown Princess Victoria closed her eyes and smiled during the quote.

Aftonbladet calls the occasion “a mass for the word”, and pointed out that most attendees were Court people, academics and people alike.

Those of you who read Swedish can get the whole Aftonbladet article on this occasion here.

thank you so much for the info, GrandDuchess...

that really clarify things for me. it's a wonderful tradition... i hope we get more pictures of this event.

Dress

I thought Crown Princess Victoria wore that dress for the first time at the Nobel 2000 awards? Which was on the 10th December 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom