Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to France: September 26-29, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ccile

Serene Highness
City
paris
Country
France
Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to France: September 26-29, 2010

In a french magazine (point de vue), the swedish ambassador in France told a journalist that the first official visit abroad for the newlyweds will be in France on september for the 200th anniversary of the Bernadotte dynasty. Victoria and Daniel will be received by the french president at the Elysée Palace in Paris, then visit the castle of Sceaux (near Paris) where Jean Baptiste Bernadotte got married and finally go to Pau , in the south of France, where he was born. Maybe more activities during this trip.

We'll have more news very soon I guess!

About their visit to France:
Sveriges ambassad Paris - Nyheter Kronprinsessparet besöker Frankrike
September 27th Victoria and Daniel visit the town of Sceaux. On August 17, 1798 Jean-Baptise Bernadotte got married there with Désirée Clary and the original marriage certificate is still there.
Then they go to the city of Savigny-le-Temple 37 km southeast of Paris and "Château de la Grange la PREVOT". The couple Bernadotte moved there after their marriage in 1798. The evening will end with a dinner to be offered by the French Minister of Culture, Frédéric Mitterrand at the Culture Ministry.
September 28th Victoria and Daniel fly down to Pau, which is the city where Jean Baptiste Bernadotte was born in 1763. They will visit the Musée Bernadotte which is located in the building where Jean-Baptiste was born and raised. Then the program will continue at the castle of Pau, which is one of France's most popular buildings with over 100,000 visitors each year.
September 29th Victoria and Daniel end their visit in France with a visit to a boarding school in Cachan. This boarding school was founded with a view to providing young people with high intellectual ability a chance to study, even though life relatively costs would not consent.

Victoria and Daniel will meet president Nicolas Sarkozy on Tuesday 28th September at 17.00 hours.
Agenda of president Sarkozy

Victoria´s and Daniel´s programme in France:
Sunday, September 26 Reception at the Swedish Institute in Paris.
Monday, September 27 The Mayor of Sceaux´s reception - they will be shown the marriage certificate between Jean Baptiste Bernadotte and Désirée Clary. Visit to the chocolatier Patrick Roger Luck by horse and carriage. Dinner in Paris, organized by the Ministry of Culture.
Tuesday, September 28 Flight to Pau. Visit at the Musée Bernadotte - exhibition by Susanna Hesselberg. Visit to the Mayor and welcome drink. Flight back to Paris. In the evening visit to the Elysee Palace with President Nicolas Sarkozy and Carla Bruni Sarkozy. At the evening dinner at the Swedish residence.
Wednesday, September 29 Business Breakfast in residence. Visiting a school for underprivileged children. In the evening return flight back to Sweden.

The court confirms to Expressen that Victoria and Daniel have been involved in planning the visit to France. - Both are very much looking forward to these days in France, said Nina Eldh, CIO at court.
Första utmaning för prins Daniel - träffa frankrikes president - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and her husband Prince Daniel pose as they arrive for a reception at the Swedish Institute in Paris. September 26, 2010:
BelgaPicture - Category details

Sadly it's not possible to make them bigger.
WireImage Gallery

You can if you register. Apparently you can get the slideshow view for free. I didn't bother but the option's there.

Great photos. Apparently the weather isn't too good.

Crown Princess Victoria and her husband Prince Daniel of Sweden arrive at the Swedish Institute in Paris.
Sadly it's not possible to make them bigger.
WireImage Gallery

You can through the Getty Images gallery, which is pretty much all the WireImage photos.

Daniel, IMO, still does not look comfortable in front of the cameras. I would have given him a series of engagements in Sweden before throwing him 'into the deep end' with a French visit as his third/fourth official engagement (Lord only knows why he didn't accompany Victoria to one of her engagements after they returned from the honeymoon).

Prince Daniel needs to relax, He has such a stiff body and face

Daniel, IMO, still does not look comfortable in front of the cameras. I would have given him a series of engagements in Sweden before throwing him 'into the deep end' with a French visit as his third/fourth official engagement (Lord only knows why he didn't accompany Victoria to one of her engagements after they returned from the honeymoon).
I was wondering about the engagements too, but I'm sure they know what they are doing (well at least I hope so).
I'm sure he'll get comfortable infront of cameras, just give him time.

Day 2

Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel during a visit to the laboratory of
French chocolate maker Patrick Rogerin Sceaux, south of Paris, September
27, 2010 as part of an official visit in France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** belga **

Reception by the mayor of Sceaux at Sceaux City Hall:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 * Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

The visit to the castle Grange-la-Prévôté is included here:

** ppe picture gallery **

Last edited:
Prince Daniel needs to relax, He has such a stiff body and face
He looks just like his father-in-law in official situations. Besides he is not armcandy like the new crownprincesses around Europe. No one will ever be interested in who his tailor is or who designed his shoes. He will be more like a support behind his crownprincess much like Prince Philip.

He looks just like his father-in-law in official situations. Besides he is not armcandy like the new crownprincesses around Europe. No one will ever be interested in who his tailor is or who designed his shoes. He will be more like a support behind his crownprincess much like Prince Philip.
Although I don't agree with your armcandy comment, I agree that his position is a bit different that from theirs.
I'm sure in the next couple of years he will be just perfect.

Please Daniel, get your old hair style back!

Prince Daniel did seem a bit nervous, but of course he was feeling his way around and wanted to be sure he did not overstep his boundaries. The last thing he wanted to do was to get in the Crown Princess' way or draw attention away from her. I believe he wanted to stay in the background as much as possible. What he does not realize yet is that he can come into the foreground and be a part of the "team" without taking away from Victoria's "limelight". It will just take awhile for him to learn what he can and cannot do. But he did the right thing by playing it safe on his first trip. He has done a wonderful job so far and I believe he will be a great consort for Victoria.

Marriage totally suits Victoria! She looks radiant, and I want her clothes!:wub:

Daniel looks downcast in a couple of pics rather than nervous, but he is getting used to his position, and as someone said further up the thread King Carl Gustaf invariably looks miserable and he's had a lifetime to get used to it!

In the shots where they're looking at each other they both look so happy and he suddenly looks so relaxed, so I'm sure he'll grow into the role. They do bring out something great in each other and I think he'll be a great partner for Victoria.

Thanks for all the pics!

In my view he looks fine. That's just who he is and he seems to be completely at ease, judging by the tender and intimate way he sometimes touches her. He is just not such a talented crowd pleaser as his wife, who imo is one very talented mass communicator and a much more cheery and outgoing type of person.

In my view he looks fine. That's just who he is and he seems to be completely at ease, judging by the tender and intimate way he sometimes touches her. He is just not such a talented crowd pleaser as his wife, who imo is one very talented mass communicator and a much more cheery and outgoing type of person.
:previous: I agree with this. And the most important thing, he's there to support her and he does it very well.

Victoria and Daniel of Sweden visit to France
Zimbio Gallery
Zimbio Gallery
Zimbio Gallery

I'm absolutely in love with Victoria's first two outfits. The purple dress she wore to the Swedish Institute is amazing and I want the coat she wore.

The blue 60's inspired go-go caftan she wore to dinner on the other hand...

I really like Daniel the moments when he's relaxed and unguarded. There's a photo of him walking behind Victoria and he has his hand on her waist and I admit, I melted <3

Is the dress purple? I thought it was navy but then I'm somewhat color-blind. I was a beautiful dress. The blue dress I could take it or leave it. I liked the purple dress better.

Back
Top Bottom