Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's Official Visit to France: September 26-29, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not her usual style, it seems a bit odd on her...

Short short dress is very much the new runway look. See also Letizia's dress from a few days ago. They both have the legs to pull it off.

About that little blue sequined dress. I think she is trying to keep us guessing for a pregnancy: in the morning a slim fitted dress highlighting her flat stomach and in the evening a very loose swing dress.... You're right Grevinnan, she has the legs to pull it off. Plus it's fun!

looks like maternity wear to me......ok just kidding, i'll get my coat :)

She cannot possibly be pregnant, the slim fitting dress revealed a waist slim enough to dream of!

Prince Daniel did seem a bit nervous, but of course he was feeling his way around and wanted to be sure he did not overstep his boundaries. The last thing he wanted to do was to get in the Crown Princess' way or draw attention away from her. I believe he wanted to stay in the background as much as possible. What he does not realize yet is that he can come into the foreground and be a part of the "team" without taking away from Victoria's "limelight". It will just take awhile for him to learn what he can and cannot do. But he did the right thing by playing it safe on his first trip. He has done a wonderful job so far and I believe he will be a great consort for Victoria.

I agree with you so much. :)

And I love the fact that Victoria believes in him, and trusts him in all occassions. He will do it fine! :flowers:

More photos from the dinner yesterday. I'm still not sure what I think about Victoria's dress.

Zimbio Gallery

I think they make a great couple , so far so good

I like her dress. It's good that she doesn't always need to wear the same style, that she has courage to change the style when needed. I also like the classical style of her clothes, but why not have something different for a while.

Some first pics of day 3 - airport arrival, at the Musee Bernadotte and Castle of France's
Henri IV during their visit in Pau:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Last edited:
Last edited:
According to swedish press CP Victoria is fluent in french and that has impressed her hosts a great deal.

Meeting with president Sarkozy and Carla Bruni Sarkozy
Daylife - Princess victoria, sarkozy - News, photos, topics, and quotes
Här möter de presidentparet | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Sometimes Daniel looks quite comfortable and relaxed:
Zimbio
Zimbio

Photo gallery/Expressen

Kaos när Victoria och Daniel besökte Pau - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

Victoria tog över showen i Frankrike - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
Google Translate

According to Svensk Damtidning, Daniel was very pleased of the visit to the chocolate factory, he likes chocolate very much.
Bildspel: Victoria och Daniel på skämtsamt humör i kärleksstaden | Svensk Damtidning
Google Translate

Photo Victoria de Suède, une princesse à Sceaux - Photos - Tête couronnée - People Match - ParisMatch.com

Eating chocolate...
Profimedia

Photos from last night:
Profimedia gallery

Daniel has a chat with Nicolas Sarkozy:
Profimedia

From the royal court´s website:
The Crown Princess Couple visit France - Sveriges Kungahus
The Crown Princess Couple continue their visit to France - Sveriges Kungahus
The Crown Princess Couple attend a banquet at the Ministry of Culture in Paris - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos:
Profimedia gallery

Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel of Sweden Official Trip to France-Day 3 - Pictures - Zimbio
And the press (especially the german one) gets something to talk...
Zimbio

Some photos from the visit, first some solo photos of Daniel:
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
The couple
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

Photos from the official website of the president of France:
Entretien avec la Princesse héritière Victoria de Suède et le Prince Daniel

Last edited by a moderator:
Meeting with president Sarkozy and Carla Bruni Sarkozy
Daylife - Princess victoria, sarkozy - News, photos, topics, and quotes

Sometimes Daniel looks quite comfortable and relaxed:
Zimbio
Zimbio

I was so waiting for seeing pictures of them with Carla Bruni-Sarkozy. This time Victoria wins her in clothing.

I think that Daniel looks relaxed when he doesn't hold his arms all the time in front of his body (which he does too often). That makes him look reserved. I wish he realizes it soon and gets a bit more open body language.

According to this article Daniel said: "Now we are 200 years back in time" when they jumped into the cortege. Victoria answered: "For me it feels like 19th of June."

According to swedish press CP Victoria is fluent in french and that has impressed her hosts a great deal.

You can hear her speaking in French with the crowd in one of the videos. That makes..four languages she can speak? I'm assuming her mother taught her German.

I was really impressed that she decided to go for a H&M coat. Very smart and so stylish on her.
She looks so chic and what a body she's got :eek:

Daniel looks handsome as well and I love the way he waves :p

You can hear her speaking in French with the crowd in one of the videos. That makes..four languages she can speak? I'm assuming her mother taught her German.

She can speak a bit portuguese as well I think?
So maybe mother language Swedish, English, German, French and Portuguese.

I seem to remember her speaking a tiny bit of Spanish at an event years ago but I'm not sure about that.

I dont think Victoria has been that lovley when she done other visit before the marriage.

Daniels pose with hands in front of him looks like he is on the wall of a freekick in fotball

i really like the back of the black and white dress

is there one more event tonight a dinner?
will we se photos from this event

What's wrong with Daniel's hair??? He looks good. I don't think he's "stiff" either...he's able to cut a suave and sophisticated stance. He looks like he stepped off the cover of GQ.

Thank You for wonderful pics!

What's wrong with Daniel's hair??? He looks good. I don't think he's "stiff" either...he's able to cut a suave and sophisticated stance. He looks like he stepped off the cover of GQ.
:wave: Agree!

I seem to remember her speaking a tiny bit of Spanish at an event years ago but I'm not sure about that.

I´m almost sure she speeks Spanish :whistling:

Princess Victoria of Sweden and Prince Daniel Westling at the Elysee Palace in Paris, 28-09-2010
PPE Agency Paris

Pure People article and photo gallery from yesterday dinner

Prince Daniel looks fine to me. And why should he not be reserved? He is a prince after all :lol:. Its bad enough when this Sarkozy woman and his (god forbid) future sister in law jump into every camera they come across. Why should he behave like somebody out of Hollywood just to please the bystanders? The queen does not do that either. I mean the queen of England, but come to think of it, Silvia keeps a stiff forehead too, lately.

On the question of Victoria speaking French

Victoria de Sude: "La monarchie n'est pas rtrograde" - L'EXPRESS

For those of you who speak or read french, here is an interview of Victoria and Daniel in French magazine L'Express. The interview took place in the palace in Stockholm just a few days before they started their trip.
The original interview must have been in Swedish or in English because there is a question where they ask her if she speaks french. Specifically they say: "Bernadotte never learned swedish, Do you speak French" to which she answers that English is her 2nd language, then she learned German esp with her mom and then after high school she attended a university in France to learn the french language. She also took an internship to improve her french but she concludes: " because of lack of practice my French is rusty now"

The other interview questions are on Sweden, the role of monarchy, her recent marriage etc.

Another article in Le Point mentions the princess understands french well, and speaks a little "un peu".

In Herman Lindqvist's book (published last year) Victoria says that the only Portuguese she knows are the Brazilian children's songs her mother sang to her, "and you can't get very far with that." :lol:

At the interview Daniel tells about his relationship with the Royal Family:
It's been nine years since I was introduced to the parents of Victoria and I had time to get used to the specifics of royal status. Then it was most surprising for me that Victoria's family in many ways resembled mine. I quickly realized that it was a friendly family, relaxed with a lot of laughing, just like my parents. The most impressive was to see how the king and queen were devoted to Sweden and Swedes, always willing to put their reputation at the service of persons or organizations whose work deserves to be helped.

The Huffington Post - Carla Bruni & Princess Victoria Meet In Paris For A Fashion Face-Off (PHOTOS, POLL)

Carla and Victoria seemed to have good time together. I wonder if they have met before?

Are there any videos of their meeting with Sarkozy?

Back
Top Bottom