The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2010, 12:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

La princesse Victoria de Suède en visite en France, sur les traces de son ancêtre - Les Gens - HISTOIRE - - Les Echos.fr

Old 09-27-2010, 12:21 PM

Prince Daniel did seem a bit nervous, but of course he was feeling his way around and wanted to be sure he did not overstep his boundaries. The last thing he wanted to do was to get in the Crown Princess' way or draw attention away from her. I believe he wanted to stay in the background as much as possible. What he does not realize yet is that he can come into the foreground and be a part of the "team" without taking away from Victoria's "limelight". It will just take awhile for him to learn what he can and cannot do. But he did the right thing by playing it safe on his first trip. He has done a wonderful job so far and I believe he will be a great consort for Victoria.

Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Gentry

Marriage totally suits Victoria! She looks radiant, and I want her clothes!

Daniel looks downcast in a couple of pics rather than nervous, but he is getting used to his position, and as someone said further up the thread King Carl Gustaf invariably looks miserable and he's had a lifetime to get used to it!

In the shots where they're looking at each other they both look so happy and he suddenly looks so relaxed, so I'm sure he'll grow into the role. They do bring out something great in each other and I think he'll be a great partner for Victoria.

Thanks for all the pics!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

These photos are quite big
myroyal's: V
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Billed Bladet article on their official visit to France

Two article and galleries on "Pure People":

Pure People
Pure People
Old 09-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Aristocracy

In my view he looks fine. That's just who he is and he seems to be completely at ease, judging by the tender and intimate way he sometimes touches her. He is just not such a talented crowd pleaser as his wife, who imo is one very talented mass communicator and a much more cheery and outgoing type of person.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorette View Post
In my view he looks fine. That's just who he is and he seems to be completely at ease, judging by the tender and intimate way he sometimes touches her. He is just not such a talented crowd pleaser as his wife, who imo is one very talented mass communicator and a much more cheery and outgoing type of person.
I agree with this. And the most important thing, he's there to support her and he does it very well.

Victoria and Daniel of Sweden visit to France
Zimbio Gallery
Zimbio Gallery
Zimbio Gallery
Old 09-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Commoner

Victoria and Daniel at today's dinner:

Wow vilken discodrottning vår kronprinsessa blivit! | Svensk Damtidning
Bakom Kulisserna
Old 09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not sure I like that dress..
Old 09-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

More photos from the dinner:

Anp-Photo
Anp-Photo
Anp-Photo
Anp-Photo
Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Serene Highness

I'm absolutely in love with Victoria's first two outfits. The purple dress she wore to the Swedish Institute is amazing and I want the coat she wore.

The blue 60's inspired go-go caftan she wore to dinner on the other hand...

I really like Daniel the moments when he's relaxed and unguarded. There's a photo of him walking behind Victoria and he has his hand on her waist and I admit, I melted <3
Old 09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Serene Highness

Is the dress purple? I thought it was navy but then I'm somewhat color-blind. I was a beautiful dress. The blue dress I could take it or leave it. I liked the purple dress better.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
More photos from the dinner:

Anp-Photo
Anp-Photo
Anp-Photo
Anp-Photo
Bleh. She looks like a 1960s go-go girl.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not her usual style, it seems a bit odd on her...
Old 09-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Short short dress is very much the new runway look. See also Letizia's dress from a few days ago. They both have the legs to pull it off.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

About that little blue sequined dress. I think she is trying to keep us guessing for a pregnancy: in the morning a slim fitted dress highlighting her flat stomach and in the evening a very loose swing dress.... You're right Grevinnan, she has the legs to pull it off. Plus it's fun!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Commoner

looks like maternity wear to me......ok just kidding, i'll get my coat :)
Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Aristocracy

She cannot possibly be pregnant, the slim fitting dress revealed a waist slim enough to dream of!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Margaret View Post
Prince Daniel did seem a bit nervous, but of course he was feeling his way around and wanted to be sure he did not overstep his boundaries. The last thing he wanted to do was to get in the Crown Princess' way or draw attention away from her. I believe he wanted to stay in the background as much as possible. What he does not realize yet is that he can come into the foreground and be a part of the "team" without taking away from Victoria's "limelight". It will just take awhile for him to learn what he can and cannot do. But he did the right thing by playing it safe on his first trip. He has done a wonderful job so far and I believe he will be a great consort for Victoria.
I agree with you so much. :)

And I love the fact that Victoria believes in him, and trusts him in all occassions. He will do it fine!
My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Courtier

More photos from the dinner yesterday. I'm still not sure what I think about Victoria's dress.

Zimbio Gallery

Tags
crown princess victoria, france, official visit, prince daniel