Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 2: June 2014 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first day at preschool.
Princess Estelle was guarded with a massive press corps.
The court had invited the media as part of a new, more open approach, signed by the new information chief Margareta Thorgren.
- It was intense and got crowded, but it went well, says Thorgren.
Margareta Thorgren is new Director of Communications for the Royal Court after Bertil Ternert. She is now working to create a better relationship between the royal family and the media. One sign of this was the event when the media was invited to Princess Estelle's first preschool day.
- The reason we invited the media was that there was great public interest in that it was Estelle's first day at preschool. We wished that the media would get the shots they wanted just today and then respect the family's wish that Estelle should be left alone. We do not want photographers in the bushes, says Thorgren.
When Estelle arrived with her parents Victoria and Daniel rattled photographers' cameras. A total of 45 journalists were in the place - from Sweden, Denmark and Germany, and tabloids sent live. The court had arranged a photo corral where the media could take photos - other preschoolers were indoors.
The idea is that Estelle will now get quieter in the future and avoid media coverage of the preschool.
- It is important that the court has a good relationship with the media, says Margareta Thorgren who implemented a new, more open approach.
Resumé Hovets nya strategi ”Öppenhet och transparens”

Kungliga förskolestarten Ebbas Blogg SVT.se

Last edited:
Estelle arrived with her parents.

Photo
http://x.cdn-expressen.se/images/8f/9c/8f9c02713dd542fea2a2e06ae5147c67/540.jpg
Photos
Victoria and/or Daniel will be at Äventyret with Estelle some hours a day for the first weeks. After few weeks Estelle will be fine there without her parents. Margareta Thorgen from the press department told that the Crown Princess couple is very much involved in this, just like any other parents. It is of course a great day and a lot of excitement. Now Princess Estelle will get accustomed to the new environment.
Who will pick up and leave her?
- I do not know, but both the Crown Princess and Prince Daniel will be active in all aspects preschool. They will also get help from their nanny.
At least one SÄPO-guard will be in place outside Äventyret when Estelle is there.
I dag börjar Estelle på förskolan | Inrikes | TT | Senaste nytt | Aftonbladet

Nu har prinsessan Estelle startat förskolan Svensk Damtidning
Translation

Photos
Nu har Estelle börjat förskolan Nyheter Expressen

Video, Estelle, Victoria and Daniel arrive at 11.40
Prinsessan Estelle börjar förskolan - TV4 Play
Another video
"Vad säger du Estelle, ska det bli kul?" | Kungligt | Expressen.tv

Gallery
Princess Estelle Of Sweden Begins Pre School - Photocall - Pictures - Zimbio
Love the Zimbio pictures. E. in preschool already? Hard to believe. If I was a preschool teacher, I would love to have E. in class. I like that they focus on play, however it sounds a bit more like boot camp than preschool. And she stays there? Is that not a bit young?

Love the Zimbio pictures. E. in preschool already? Hard to believe. If I was a preschool teacher, I would love to have E. in class. I like that they focus on play, however it sounds a bit more like boot camp than preschool. And she stays there? Is that not a bit young?

It's not a boarding school, it's a day school. I think all that means is that the kids nap outside in good weather- which seems fine to me.

Thanks. Confusing at first- it made it sound like boarding school, when I knew it couldn't be. I agree that it sounds fine, but still IDK. I like the emphasis on play, and I understand time outdoors is good for kids, but that much?
But I know V& D would never put their daughter in harm's way.

At first I thought Estelle was a bit young for preschool, then I remembered that as a doted upon only child her exposure to other little ones has been virtually nil. This is a great way to get her socialized early, in a relaxed atmosphere of outdoors and play in preparation for the future.

In other words, it sounds more like a formal play group than a preschool.

Her introduction to primary school should be seamless. I think it's a wonderful idea.

Last edited:
At Estelle's age Äventyret is more like a kindergarten. From their website:

Skogsknopp (group's name) 1-2 years
For the youngest children, the goal is to discover the nature, maybe just by lying down with a leader and watch an ant. In the first open-air school, the goal is to discover and experience nature, to move freely and to have fun with other children and adults.
Skogsknopp

Skogsknytte 3-4 years
On Skogsknytte, children begin to learn to take more responsibility for their equipment and with the help of ladybug Mary, whom they met in the shape of a hand puppet, leads children toward the goal that they will feel secure and delight in nature, and to learn to respect animals and plants.
Skogsknytte

Princess Estelle starts preschool - Sveriges Kungahus

Last edited:
At Estelle's age Äventyret is more like a kindergarten. From their website:

Skogsknopp (group's name) 1-2 years
For the youngest children, the goal is to discover the nature, maybe just by lying down with a leader and watch an ant. In the first open-air school, the goal is to discover and experience nature, to move freely and to have fun with other children and adults.
Skogsknopp

Skogsknytte 3-4 years
On Skogsknytte, children begin to learn to take more responsibility for their equipment and with the help of ladybug Mary, whom they met in the shape of a hand puppet, leads children toward the goal that they will feel secure and delight in nature, and to learn to respect animals and plants.
Skogsknytte

Princess Estelle starts preschool - Sveriges Kungahus

Thank you LadyFinn for the info!:flowers:

I wonder in which group is Estelle since she is 2 years and half old now:lol:

In the US, its preschool or pre-K with the K standing for kindergarten. The kids in kindergarten in the US are about 5 yrs old.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Svensk Damtidning tells that Estelle is at the group Skogsknopparna. Susanna Drougge, who started the first I Ur och Skur preschool in 1985, is of course happy: "It is an honour. Victoria and Daniel are modern, wise parents who know how well one feels both physically and mentally when one is much at the fresh air. And the children get an incredibly good start for their lives when they stay in small groups with their parents and preschool teachers having a close connection. Many times it has been written that at us the children eat all their meals outdoors, but that is exaggerating, we adapt with the children and the weather. However, both the personnel and children are well dressed up so that a little rain or wind doesn’t frighten us inside. It can be exciting to find a shelter from the wind at the woods. Small hardships enrich us! In I Ur och Skur -preschool we give also a natural way to think of the environment. The children get very observant with litter. One very popular game is to find five things which don’t belong to the nature.

One father, whose children have been in Äventyret, tells:
There were seven children in different departments. There was a henhouse at the property with chickens and one cock and a few times a year every parent had to stay at a chicken guard. And at the backside there was a cozy tree house where the children always had their morning moment with fairy tales and songs.
They slept under a roof outdoors, but had their breakfast inside. The lunch and snack was outdoors. The Santa Lucia celebration was always outdoors despite the weather, and it was very appreciated. In many days of the week they did excursions, like to Eddabacken and Altorpskogen. And many times a year they rented a boat which took the children to a place near Vaxholm. There the children had a lunch and they got to pan for gold!

2 years old is a little young in my book, but the way it sounds, sounds less like preschool - more like play group, which is fine! Sounds fun! She's in the first group then?

It sounds like kindergarten. Preschool would definitely be to early.

I'm confused. In the US, kindergarten comes after preschool as the first year of mandatory education. Preschool is not mandatory here, although lots of kids do go to preschool.So if you're saying she's too young for preschool, isn't she way too young for kindergarten? Sounds like play group/ preschool to me.

In Germany its kindergarten for 3 - 5 years old, then preschool for 1 year and after that elementary school. So for me it's logical that she is to young for preschool but old enough for kindergarten.

Interesting... I understand now.
In the US, preschool for 3 to 5- kindergarten for 1 year after that- then school. But now I get where you're coming from. In that case, I guess she is old enough for kindergarten.

ROTFLOL!! Not too sure what's going on here, but what a priceless picture. :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Too cute for words. Typical 2/3 year old behavior. And as for the bows. Maybe she is just like other little girls her age and simply pulled it out. Gotta love this age, they are so sweet, but you never know what they are going to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom