The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 07:31 AM
Majesty

Estelle! What a cutie! I'm so glad the swedish royal family have the habit of releasing pics of the childen on regular basis!

Old 11-24-2015, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Thank you Lady Finn for the wonderful pictures. She is the most photogenic princess of all of them. I love the picture with the ducks, that is a keeper, innocent and beautiful!

Old 11-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Princess Estelle is an adorable little girl. Great pictures, as usual.
Old 11-30-2015, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

While getting the award in Düsseldorf, queen Silvia had time to speak to Johan T Lindwall about Estelle:
Estelle has already decided what she will give to her upcoming baby sister or brother. The princess is planning to surprise her sibling with what she loves herself most of all:
- Popcorn! The other day she told mom Victoria she intends to give popcorn to the little one, says Queen Silvia.
- I and Estelle have not had so many opportunities to talk about the future little sibling, but the Crown Princess does it all the time with Estelle and it was on such an occasion as Estelle told her thoughts, says Queen Silvia.
What did she say?
- It was at a time when the two sat and ate popcorn Estelle suddenly said that she can actually give her future sibling just popcorn. Estelle thought it was very generous of her side. A generous gesture to her sibling. To get to introduce popcorn to the little sibling. I think it was sweet from Estelle, Silvia laughs.
The queen is close to her grandchildren. About princess Estelle she says:
- She's very special. A cute little girl.
Crown Princess Victoria recently revealed that Estelle neither would like a little brother or a little sister. She has wanted a hamster and that has made received the Queen to laugh many times recently:
- I had not thought of a hamster, but she did, the queen laughs. She is special, she says then.
Estelles goda gåva – popcorn till syskonet _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 11-30-2015, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

Haha, sounds like Estelle has her own best interests at heart ..... popcorn and hamster. :)
Old 11-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

She has good taste... I wonder if she has discovered Hello Kitty yet
Old 11-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The new autumnal photos of Estelle are gorgeous, she's such a charming little girl. I am looking forward to next year when we will get photos of Estelle with her new sibling.

The anecdotes about Estelle wishing for a hamster and liking popcorn are so cute. It's nice that the Swedish royals share anecdotes like this.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Svensk Damtidning has a gallery
"9 photos that gets us love Estelle"
Life in the limelight she handles already like a real pro, and every time she follows with her parents on the mission it will be a success with many enjoyable photos. In the slideshow you will find nine of the most magnificent photos from the past year.
9 bilder som gör att vi älskar Estelle _ Svensk Damtidning

Estelle's year in photos from Expressen
Här är prinsessan Estelles år i bilder _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 02-02-2016, 01:21 AM
Majesty

Princess doppelganger can't tell herself apart from royal - The Local
Old 02-22-2016, 03:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

HRH Princess Estelle has fourth birthday on 23th February. The county of Östergötland's gift to the Duchess is a pendant/charm depicting a Kantkremla (Russula vesca, known by the common names of bare-toothed Russula or the flirt) - the province mushroom of Östergötland.
The charm is the third charm to the bracelet the princess got on her first birthday. The goldsmith and artist Margareth Sandström from Östergötland has designed the bracelet and all charms.
The Östergötland symbols represent what is typical in it's natural environment. Russula vesca is one of our most delicious mushrooms, which are relatively rare in most parts of Sweden. In Östergötland, as part of the Swedish band from Bohuslän to Mälardalen, it is however quite common.
Östergötland uppvaktar hertiginnan prinsessan Estelle - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland
Translation

The bracelet, gift on first birthday
http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/ostergot...ng/Armband.jpg
The swan charm, gift on second birthday
http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/ostergot...n_original.jpg
The northern pike charm, gift on third birthday
http://www.lansstyrelsen.se/ostergot...lock_gadda.jpg
Old 02-22-2016, 03:58 PM
Majesty

The charm bracelet was the perfect gift idea for a little princess. Something they can add to every year. Such a sweet gift she can treasure years later from the people of her duchy.

I wonder if the 4 year old will get the hamster she was wanting I hope her little sister or brother waits a few days or more to make an entrance, they both should have their own day.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
HRH Princess Estelle has fourth birthday on 23th February. The county of Östergötland's gift to the Duchess is a pendant/charm depicting a Kantkremla (Russula vesca, known by the common names of bare-toothed Russula or the flirt) - the province mushroom of Östergötland.
The charm is the third charm to the bracelet the princess got on her first birthday. The goldsmith and artist Margareth Sandström from Östergötland has designed the bracelet and all charms.
The Östergötland symbols represent what is typical in it's natural environment. Russula vesca is one of our most delicious mushrooms, which are relatively rare in most parts of Sweden. In Östergötland, as part of the Swedish band from Bohuslän to Mälardalen, it is however quite common.
Östergötland uppvaktar hertiginnan prinsessan Estelle - Länsstyrelsen Östergötland
Translation
What kind of mushroom is this, edible or not? Here in the US we have the edible Chanterelles in this color. Major YUM. Or the toxic false Chanterelle and Jack o Lantern
Old 02-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Majesty

According to wiki, it seems to be fully edible, eaten raw in areas of Finland and Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russula_vesca
Old 02-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
What kind of mushroom is this, edible or not? Here in the US we have the edible Chanterelles in this color. Major YUM. Or the toxic false Chanterelle and Jack o Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
According to wiki, it seems to be fully edible, eaten raw in areas of Finland and Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russula_vesca

Given how in Sweden mushroom picking is a national sport and the authorities go to great lengths educating people which ones are edible or not I'd be very surprised for them to pick a non edible one as an official symbol.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-23-2016, 01:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The charm bracelet was the perfect gift idea for a little princess. Something they can add to every year. Such a sweet gift she can treasure years later from the people of her duchy.

I wonder if the 4 year old will get the hamster she was wanting I hope her little sister or brother waits a few days or more to make an entrance, they both should have their own day.

It's a perfect gift for any girl IMO. :). Mom & Dad bought one for me when I was born & it's been added to over the years. When it was announced Estelle's Duchy were doing this for her Birthdays, I said then it was a lovely & fantastic idea because of the obvious, a very special & personal piece of her Jewelry Collection she will treasure for years to come.

There's another part of it though, which is brilliant in it's way too, by choosing charms of Wildlife & Produce important to Estelle's Duchy, It's going to open up conversations about the various charms. Such as " Dad, why have I got a Mushroom on my Charm Bracelet?", which starts an explanation about that kind of Mushroom & it's importance to the County Estelle's the Duchess of, which in turn helps Estelle learn a little bit more about the place she's Duchess of. Win win!!

As I said, it really is brilliant in it's way. :)

I just wish I have the lobster clasp on my Charms, like Estelle's & all Charms seem to have these days, as Jump Rings can & do pull apart sometimes. I lost some special Charms that way sadly. At least now they're on more securely.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 02-23-2016, 01:38 AM
Majesty

Happy birthday to the little Princess.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

12 photos of Estelle at Svensk Damtidning
Idag fyller prinsessan Estelle fyra år! _ Svensk Damtidning

From Madeleine's Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/PrincessMad...type=3&theater

Official photos from the court on Estelle's birthday, taken at the Haga Palace by photographer Kate Gabor, as always.
Prinsessan Estelle 4 år - Sveriges Kungahus

HQ photos
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....%2C+Sweden.jpg
Loaded from here
http://www.kungahuset.se/pressrum/pr...magesOnly=true

Great photos, especially the family photo is so lovely.

At court Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Kungahuset/...type=3&theater
And court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCHpuP8P...-by=kungahuset
Old 02-23-2016, 03:02 AM
Majesty

Wonderful pics especially the family one Smile to think soon will be 4

Love the one with the two cousins as well. Maybe one of all the cousins together this summer at one of the baptisms
Old 02-23-2016, 05:27 AM
Majesty

New stamps attention royal anniversaries and succession

Nya frimärken uppmärksammar kungliga jubileer och tronföljden | Svensk Damtidning

Closed Thread

Tags
princess estelle