Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 1: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
6qch9h.png

Princess Estelle, Duchess of
Östergötland's News Thread, Part One
Commencing April 2012

The thread for the Princess' birth can be found here.
The thread for her christening can be found here.

Last edited:
Princess Estelle gets a street named after her, as a gift from the Borgholm municipality, in connection with the baptism on May 22nd.

Since the crown princess couple had a daughter has the Borgholm municipality been thinking about what to give as a symbolic gift. There has been thought about a sculpture, a tree or a street. To rename the example Villa Street is not really good, says Leo Eriksson, the City architect and Director of Administration on Solliden.
- Then I came up with the idea that she would give name to the road leading from Villa Street, through the castle forest to the gates of Solliden, he says.
This particular road, which is about one kilometer long, has according to unconfirmed reports been called the Queen's Road and Beach Road on old maps.
- It shall now be called Princess Estelle's walk and will lead her to Borgholm that day she can walk there herself.
Future Borgholm and representatives from the municipality have been united around the idea. On Thursday also the Royal House accepted the proposal.
- The crown princess couple thought it was a nice idea. When the princess will be baptized on May 22nd, there will be a ceremony, but what kind of a ceremony hasn´t been decided yet, says Leo Eriksson.
Prinsessans väg leder till Solliden

A lovely tribute for their future Queen. :)

A lovely idea and a lovely name. The fact that it may also have been known ( on old maps) as The Queen's Walk is also very fitting as, in the future, she will be ... The Queen. :flowers:

The Royal Court has just released more details about the christening. You can also see a couple of new black and white photographs from the baby Estelle photoshoot on the page.

Dopet - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I couldn't find the page in English but it will probably be released soon if not there yet. I wonder if the photos will be released on the photo page later or not. I hope so! :flowers:

P.S. I have the three new pics but not sure if I'm allowed to post them anywhere.

Last edited:
The three pictures are so sweet. Especially the picture of the two ladies.

:previous: I love the new pics! :rose::princess:

I can't help thinking there must be a lot of pics taken in that photo shoot! What I'd really love to see would be pictures of the grandparents holding little Estelle. There needs to be a picture of all of the four grandparents with the baby. That would be sweet.

I can't wait until next month for the two upcoming christenings... :)

I thought the next photos were at the christning
seems to be taken at the same period as the first

Aw, what adorable pictures. Victoria and Daniel, understandably, seem to be absolutely taken with their cute little girl.

I agree, pictures with the grandparents would be wonderful - how I would love to see Silvia with her little granddaughter. I'd also very much like to see pictures of Carl Philip and Madeleine with Estelle.

So adorable, I'm excited for the christening.

Oh my, I love these pictures even more than the ones that were first released :wub: Estelle is so cute and her parents look so proud!

There has to be a fourth photo in which Daniel is holding Estelle and Victoria is standing next to them. You can see it in the slideshow at the Christening website. I hope they will also release it in high quality.

Fabulous pictures. There is something especially lovely about black & white pictures, classy, timeless, elegant. ! :flowers:

The pictures are very lovely - but why publish the court "old" pictures taken 13th March 2012? The little princess is now 8 weeks!

What a beautiful baby and the parents seem absolutely enchanted by her.

a 4th picture? where?
In the link Anne2 posted, it's the first one where Daniel holds Estelle. It shows on the baptism website slide show, but it's not added in the HQ gallery.

anele14 said:
what is the name of padrinos?

Godparents? They haven't been announced yet- there's still a month before the christening.

Oh my god is that the cutest picture of Victoria and Estele!! Too sweet and too adorable. So in love are those two. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom