Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 1: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sofia and Chris attend the Baptism
Now the king defies tradition

Chris O'Neill and Sofia Hellqvist are both invited to Estelle's baptism. Normally no royal children's boyfriends and girlfriends have been invited to the official events before they got engaged. But this time it's different. Both Chris and Sofia have received a personal invitation from the king and queen.
- Daniel was never invited before he became engaged to Victoria. But this is a clear recognition that Chris and Sofia are now part of the family. I don't think they have forced themselves to this, but it is simply a clear statement from the royal couple that they have accepted Madeleine's and Carl Philip's partners. It's great that the king departs from the old principles that they should be engaged to appear in official contexts. Both Madeleine and Carl Philip are living with their partners so it is natural that they attend the baptism. It is obviously a sign that Carl Philip and Madeleine will soon be engaged. Within a year, both Chris and Sofia are part of the family in full, says Roger Lundgren, chief editor of the royal magazine "Kungliga magasinet".
Nu bryter kungen mot traditionen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Sofia and Chris attend the Baptism
Now the king defies tradition

Chris O'Neill and Sofia Hellqvist are both invited to Estelle's baptism. Normally no royal children's boyfriends and girlfriends have been invited to the official events before they got engaged. But this time it's different. Both Chris and Sofia have received a personal invitation from the king and queen.
- Daniel was never invited before he became engaged to Victoria. But this is a clear recognition that Chris and Sofia are now part of the family. I don't think they have forced themselves to this, but it is simply a clear statement from the royal couple that they have accepted Madeleine's and Carl Philip's partners. It's great that the king departs from the old principles that they should be engaged to appear in official contexts. Both Madeleine and Carl Philip are living with their partners so it is natural that they attend the baptism. It is obviously a sign that Carl Philip and Madeleine will soon be engaged. Within a year, both Chris and Sofia are part of the family in full, says Roger Lundgren, chief editor of the royal magazine "Kungliga magasinet".
Nu bryter kungen mot traditionen | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Swedish newpapers and magazines (remember Svensk Damtidning and the date for the baptism?) tend to come up with royal news in the hope it will turn out to be correct. We will just have to wait and see. If Chris and Sofia are indeed invited for the official part of the event we can assume engagements are planned shortly or have already happened and will become official soon. Committments for engagement and marriage must certainly have been made in order for the King to allow the two to attend.

Roger Lundgren, who comments at the Aftonbladet's story, is also involved with SVT's live coverage of the christening as a commentator and royal expert.

Scanned article from Se & Hör, Victoria and Estelle with Victoria's friend Caroline Nilsson and her daughters on 2nd May at Bögsgård in Sollentuna, 15 minutes drive north from Stockholm. Since Victoria likes nature and animals, it has become one of hers and Estelle's favourite places.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Info about Bögsgård
Bgsgrd AB

Last edited:
At which time will the guestlist be published tomorrow?

Roger Lundgren, who comments at the Aftonbladet's story, is also involved with SVT's live coverage of the christening as a commentator and royal expert.

Scanned article from Se & Hör, Victoria and Estelle with Victoria's friend Caroline Nilsson and her daughters on 2nd may at Bögsgård in Sollentuna, 15 minutes drive north from Stockholm. Since Victoria likes nature and animals, it has become one of hers and Estelle's favourite places.

Info about Bögsgård
Bgsgrd AB

Thank you LadyFinn for those beautiful pictures! What do you think, is it an iPhone in her hand?

Thank you LadyFinn for those beautiful pictures! What do you think, is it an iPhone in her hand?

It was written last year that Victoria has an iPhone, about the photo I can not say if this is iPhone.

frogpearl said:

It's the right size and shape but a lot of smartphones look like that.

It was written last year that Victoria has an iPhone, about the photo I can not say if this is iPhone.
Well, Victoria and Daniel got the latest Nokia phones from the Finnish president recently, so it could be that one.

Well, Victoria and Daniel got the latest Nokia phones from the Finnish president recently, so it could be that one.

Victoria got a pink Nokia Lumia phone from president Niinistö and mrs Haukio.

Your knowledge is amazing!

The office of the president of Finland told to the press, that Victoria got a pink Nokia Lumia, Daniel a blue one and Carl Philip a black one.

How is she a Princess from birth?

Sorry if this has been covered on one of the very long threads, but when did children born to a Princess start getting royal titles in Sweden? Traditionally even in most monarchies that allowed women to succeed to the throne children of a woman who was not the sovereign or married to him were not automatically titled. This is true in the UK and in Spain, for instance. George VI had to make Charles a Prince by decree, b/c he wouldn't inherit any title from his mother and wouldn't inherit a princely British title from his father. I think in Holland the child/ren of a princess were given titles by the queen, but it wasn't an automatic thing.

I am assuming it is since Sweden has gone over to equal primogeniture. In this case Victoria's children are treated no differently than if she had been a prince. For example, Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark's children are princes and princesses so there is no reason why the Swedish crown princess' children wouldn't also have such titles.

Nowadays in countries with equal primogeniture it's not just about women being able to succeed(in the absence of a male heir) it's about them being on equal footing with men.

As far as I know it's the king who decides what title members of the royal family shall have, and I would say that it's first when princess Madeleine gets her first child we will really know whether a child inherits the title of prince/ss from the mother or not.

Perhaps as in Denmark the children of Carl and Madeleine will be HH only and not HRH. In fact I wonder if any other children Victoria has will be HRH or HH. In Norway Prince Sverre Magnus is HH unlike his sister who is HRH(and if I'm understanding correctly the HH is only used in English while he is only called prince in Norway).

Last edited:
when is the next time we will see estelle, i think at victorias birthday july 14th maybe when victoria is celebrated at Soliden or family photos at soliden

Perhaps as in Denmark the children of Carl and Madeleine will be HH only and not HRH. In fact I wonder if any other children Victoria has will be HRH or HH. In Norway Prince Sverre Magnus is HH unlike his sister who is HRH(and if I'm understanding correctly the HH is only used in English while he is only called prince in Norway).
As far as I know the title HH doesn't exist in Sweden, and I doubt the king has the right to create it, so the children of Carl Philip and Madelene will either have the title of HRH or no title at all. I think it's the same in Norway, that's why Sverre Magnus have no title in Norway/Norwegian but he and his aunt and grandaunts have the courtesy title HH in English.

when is the next time we will see estelle, i think at victorias birthday july 14th maybe when victoria is celebrated at Soliden or family photos at soliden
I guess that there could be either photos or a balcony appearance at the Swedish National Day on June 6th, and perhaps a short appearance at Victoria's birthday in the morning at Solliden, but I doubt she will take part in the afternoon celebrations at Skansen and on Öland.

I guess that there could be either photos or a balcony appearance at the Swedish National Day on June 6th, and perhaps a short appearance at Victoria's birthday in the morning at Solliden, but I doubt she will take part in the afternoon celebrations at Skansen and on Öland.

i dont think there is a belcony apperence at nainalday-
i were thinking the one event at the morning for victorias day

Photos from 2nd May, when Victoria and Estelle were at the Park with Victoria's friend Caroline Nilsson and her children. One photo already seen, one new.
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8909/vicvappu1.jpg
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9571/vicvappu2.jpg

Ebba von Sydow's TV-program "Det kungliga dopet", "The royal baptism", it lasts an hour
Det kungliga dopet | SVT Play
omg! beautiful and sweet victoria with her baby!
she is very natural and relax. I so surprise because we can see estelle so many times since her birth to her christening. I am fan of the british monarchy and with they royal babies is rare the time we can see since the birth to the christening, the only one I remember was eugenie.

i love that sweden does these generation photos, have we seen them in any other royal family?

i love that sweden does these generation photos, have we seen them in any other royal family?
Quite a few of them, actually. Such group pictures have a very high historic value and symbolise continuity.

Britain:
- Three generations (Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William)
- Four generations 1 (Queen Victoria, future Edward VII, future George V, and future Edward VIII - later The Duke of Windsor)
- Four generations 2 (Queen Victoria, future Edward VII, future George V, and future Edward VIII - later, the Duke of Windsor)

Denmark:

- Three generations (Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Christian)

Spain:
- Three generations (King Juan Carlos, Prince Felipe, Infanta Leonor)

Norway:
- Three generations (King Harald, Crown Prince Haakon, Princess Ingrid Alexandra)

Last edited:
^yes, and the official royal site of Belgium has a picture in the top bar of King Albert, Prince Phillippe and Princess Elisabeth in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom