Princess Estelle, News and Pictures Part 1: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Iceflower:

:flowers:Thank you for the wonderful pictures, she is such an adorable little girl, full of life and strong personality like her mother. This couple are the best ever of all the royals out there, I so admire them.

loved this picture of Estelle with the frog
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18....P-PRE-Naturrum-groda-Foto-Anna-Hållams-TT.jpg

such a professional already lol
http://www.corren.se/inc/ImageHandler.ashx?id=6976348&cropwidth=720&height=405

the only thing off for me, was Daniel in a suit an tie. too formal for this event, without a tie would have been better
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image...ffef83117eb5f/CkH2VjeYFncZxHarLHGMiQBhZcT.jpg

The photo of Estelle and the frog is adorable. It could bring a new meaning to "The Princess and the Frog". :) Estelle seemed to enjoy her first official engagement, and I loved the part in the TV4 video of her getting back on the rocking swan after getting off it. I have a feeling that that swan is going to become a favoured toy.

Princess Estelle cannot be any cuter! She seems to be a very outgoing and engaging child. She looks like a miniature of her mother, too.

Did anyone else notice that Estelle wore two different dresses and sweaters for the event? When indoors she had on a pale blue flowered smocked dress with white sweater. When outdoors, her dress was a blue gingham with blue sweater.

Estelle is so cute, it hurts! She behaves so well for a toddler faced by such a large group of people and so many flashing cameras. Her lovely little dresses were beautiful.

Did anyone else notice that Estelle wore two different dresses and sweaters for the event? When indoors she had on a pale blue flowered smocked dress with white sweater. When outdoors, her dress was a blue gingham with blue sweater.

There could be an easy answer to why she changed clothes - one that isn't fashion related at all. Have you been around a two year old for a whole day? It's messy :) She could have eaten icecream (you all know the result of that), fallen in the dirt or grass while playing or a something like that.

I think that Victoria changed Estelle's clothes because the first part of the visit to the Linköping Castle was more formal, a little more formal clothes to there. And to the second part, the inaugurating the Fairytale Path and walking by the path, less formal dress. Victoria also herself changed her formal jacket and high heels to a cardigan and flats when they arrived to inaugurate the Fairytale Path.

Estellen ensimmäinen työpäivä topakkaa edustamista SeiskaLive
From a blog of someone who was in Linköping
Tenja - Vi har roat oss kungligt!

Last edited:
I thought it might be interesting with a foreign coverage of one of the events.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2014.
Written by our Sweden correspondent Ulrik Ulriksen.

Recently Estelle was on the job for perhaps the first time in her role as Duchess of Östergötland. In 2012 she was presented with a fairytale path by her fief.
With her parents Estelle drove into the town of Linköping where she was recieved by hundreds of locals and banners saying: Estelle, welcome to Linköping.
At the castle inside the town Estelle strolled along the locals who presented her with flowers and presents and waved flags and took photos and did stuff adults do.

Then it was off to the path which is 700 meters long and Estelle darted ahead of her parents, past some photographers who suddenly had a much shorter time to get close-ups.
Along the path are ten figures and stations that display and tell fairytales. One of them was a big frog with a crown that talked! "Kiss me", it said. Estelle looked pussled at the frog which apparantly kept demanding kisses. Then she asked her dad: "Shall I kiss it"? Dad answered: "No Estelle, we don't kiss frogs. You know that". Yeah, okay, after which she turned towards the frog and smiled. "Whacky frog". The talkative frog responded with a "Nice meeting you".

Afterwards Daniel said: "This day has really delighted Estelle. It has been an in any way great day for both her and the rest of us". Victoria added: "We are so glad that so many came here to meet us. It's incredible".

Recently Estelle was on the job for perhaps the first time in her role as Duchess of Östergötland. In 2012 she was presented with a fairytale path by her fief.
With her parents Estelle drove into the town of Linköping where she was recieved by hundreds of locals and banners saying: Estelle, welcome to Linköping.
At the castle inside the town Estelle strolled along the locals who presented her with flowers and presents and waved flags and took photos and did stuff adults do.

Then it was off to the path which is 700 meters long and Estelle darted ahead of her parents, past some photographers who suddenly had a much shorter time to get close-ups.
Along the path are ten figures and stations that display and tell fairytales. One of them was a big frog with a crown that talked! "Kiss me", it said. Estelle looked pussled at the frog which apparantly kept demanding kisses. Then she asked her dad: "Shall I kiss it"? Dad answered: "No Estelle, we don't kiss frogs. You know that". Yeah, okay, after which she turned towards the frog and smiled. "Whacky frog". The talkative frog responded with a "Nice meeting you".

Afterwards Daniel said: "This day has really delighted Estelle. It has been an in any way great day for both her and the rest of us". Victoria added: "We are so glad that so many came here to meet us. It's incredible".

:)Thanks Muhler for the article, are we sure she is only 2 years old? This little girl seems so grown up beyond her young age, she handles herself better then some adults I know, she is truly a real queen in waiting someday. What a lovely girl she is........she is going to delight us all for many years to come and that is *priceless*.

How precious that wee one is. She seems to take everything in stride but yet cautious and minding of her parents. Estelle very much belongs to her people and Victoria and Daniel have an amazing knack of just how to be very much parental yet instead of being overly cautious with Estelle and the public/press, they've managed to work it so its a happy medium that everyone enjoys.

I just pity the poor frog that never got his kiss. ;)

:previous::flowers::flowers::flowers:Osipi: How very insightful your comment is. I have never seen a set of royal parents who have done such amazing parenting skills as Victoria and Daniel. They are just such wonderful parents. I honestly think from the very beginning this little angel was born ahead of her time........she just seems so aware of everything and yet very mindful of her parents while they still let her be herself and show her independent nature(remembering her getting up from the table while making Christmas cookies and going to the door all by herself and looking back, like I am done now.....I have such joy in seeing her and how she is growing.

The little Princess changed clothes during the lunch break. Even a royal two-year old may have a hard time staying perfectly clean after eating. CP Victoria changed into flat shoes and a sweater for the walk along the "sago-stig".

Time for a new thread. Part two can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom